PDA

View Full Version : Gifts you don't want to receive?

ErickaVolt
December 15th, 2008, 01:48 AM
What kind of gifts you don't want to receive?

The gifts I don't want to receive are picture frames [arrrgh... how many times I got that], wall clock and towels. Any common things and things aren't new to me.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 15th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Socks. Only Dumbledore likes getting socks...

Quanghuy
December 15th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Hmm, I don't really think that there are gifts that I wouldn't want to receive, I mean the person took the time to buy the gift for me, or put some though into it. During our Christmas parties, people usually seem to have put good though into the gift (they all know I love art lol). Unless someone were to actually go up to me and say, "I picked this up from the ground and only brought it so that I could attend the party without being thought bad of," I would always want the gift or more like I would always like the gift (it's not as if I sit here and say "I hope I get such and such for Christmas")

Cherrim
December 15th, 2008, 04:55 AM

The gifts I don't want to receive are picture frames [arrrgh... how many times I got that], wall clock and towels. Any common things and things aren't new to me.
...orz, I actually asked for a picture frame this year, or rather put on my list that I want two images framed. XD; And I'd love towels, ahaha. I used to hate getting these things though; I guess tastes do change as you get older.

Um, anyway, there isn't really anything I don't want. I know anything I get will probably be practical (clothes, supplies, etc.) and if it isn't, it'll more than likely be something on my Christmas list on the fridge. :P

TRIFORCE89
December 15th, 2008, 05:49 AM
My immediate family knows my wishlist and usually sticks too. When the deviate from it, it's usually a really cool surprise. So, no complaints there. XD They know me well and I don't have problems getting other things from them.

Over the year as my lists have become smaller we've stopped giving a copy to my relatives (it's also a lot simpler than my parents trying to coordinate with everyone what they bought) and ask just for money or gift certificates. My aunts and uncles don't know me that well. I don't clothing of the wrong size, or a hockey bobble head, or a toy car (when I'm 16), etc.

December 15th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I hate gift cards...you cannot return them, and I tend not to like shopping at Best Buy or stores where they tend to go to...

Seriously, if you get something you do not want, take it back to the store. I know someone who bought himself a surround sound system by taking every last gift he received one year back to the store...he did not have a happy family, but he has a surround sound system.

Ascaris
December 15th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Clothes. I really hate clothes.

Crimson Arcanine
December 15th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Clothes in general especially underwear, but I still get them each Christmas. My grandfather on the other hand loves getting clothes, especially socks.

Nuke
December 15th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Pocket Diaries, every year for the past three years.

What am I going to do with them!?

Milke
December 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Nothing really, just duplicate items. one year I got FOUR of the same thing. FOUR. Only two had receipts, and we NEVER returned them.

Razer302
December 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I hate getting gift vouchers. I ask for money and some one always gives me a gift voucher. I never use them I always sell them to some one at school. I want money as a voucher can only be used in a single store which to me is stupid as they could have the thing I want at a higher price than a different store but as I have the voucher for the expensive store I have to get it from there or I miss out.

Rabbit
December 15th, 2008, 07:20 AM
"I want money as a voucher can only be used in a single store which to me is stupid as they could have the thing I want at a higher price than a different store but as I have the voucher for the expensive store I have to get it from there or I miss out."

And, unlike money, gift vouchers have an expiry date. xD I don't get it either. Maybe it shows how much thought they put into the gift by choosing a store for you to buy from? Whatever.

I wouldn't want to get...plastic barettes. Or a Simple Plan CD. I would like a new towel, though, and some nice socks...most of the things on my imaginary wishlist are the sort of things no one would ever buy me. Pencils! I need lots of pencils.

True Reign
December 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My family is good at sticking to the wishlist, however, my mom uses socks as a filler for my socking. It's not bad I guess, because she keeps losing her socks and taking mine; to the point where it is ridiculous.

One year though, I got three duplicates of a digimon toy. It was terrible...

Mooshykris
December 15th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Actually, at times, I enjoy getting clothes :P.

Me, I hate duplicates, simply because I rarely have the heart to say something or take it back :<

~Mooshykris

Angela
December 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM

I don't like to get soft presents, I want to buy my own cloths, or at least pick them out myself.

Ivysaur
December 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Books I know I'm never going to read, my aunt's favourite.
I mostly get things I like from the rest of my family, so I can't really complain.

I don't mind getting underwear because it always comes at handy XD

Michii
December 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Magnets. My biological father's side of the family is where I dwell Christmas Eve, and they give rotten presents. Last year I got a couple magnets with my name on them, which finally spelled right.

Merry Christmas to you too, my lovely aunts and uncles! Now go steal some pennies from a five year old. :/

Zebra Thunderhead
December 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I hate getting chocolate reindeer in my stocking because I feel miserable biting their heads off.

Asa
December 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Books I know I'm never going to read, my aunt's favourite.
I mostly get things I like from the rest of my family, so I can't really complain.

I don't mind getting underwear because it always comes at handy XDI'm just about the same here,I never read much.

Dukey
December 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Books (they are usually terrible)
And terrible K-Mart clothes...

Jessie
December 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Socks and hair brushes are two things I get every year. It drives me insane! Haha!

Gummy
December 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I hate getting ugly, itchy sweaters made out of wool. I have a whole section in my closest dedicated to those atrocities.

Avey
December 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Anything that isn't money or a brand new laptop.

houston
December 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
chocolate! i don't really like chocolate..so i don't want even a bit for christmas....and i also hate to get clothes that i don't pick by myself

Heartless33
December 15th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I really hate getting black rocks (coal) and my parents give it to me for a joke I mean do you see me laughing.

God
December 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I swear to God if I get a another shaving kit I'll.....gg.

♣Gawain♣
December 16th, 2008, 12:49 AM
New clothes. I wanna buy my own clothes, with my own taste and style.