• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Ash's Pikachu is Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I think I figured it out why Ash's Pikachu is supposed to be different then other Pikachu. I saw a picture of a Shiny Pikachu and it was the same color as Ash's Pikachu. I think maybe Ash's Pikachu is a Shiny Pikachu.

Years
1) Alternate colour Pokémon weren't in existence in the days of Gen I.
2) Alternate colour Pokémon are only distinguished by colour, and by nothing else, for example stats.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Yeah I think it is just the difference in the sugimori art and the quality of the anime.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
..or you're on a wild Psyduck chase. Shiny Pikachus are, what, slightly more reddish (I cannot remember exactly)? Ash's looks like every other Pikachu...if it were shiny, then so would Richie's Pikachu and Ash (when he was turned into a Pikachu by Lily (?))...

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Ash's Pikachu is that dark color and Richie's Pikachu is a lighter color then Ash's Pikachu

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
080.gif
0327.JPG

...obviously from SPP.

Any disparity there in their colouration is slim...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Erm, stolen from PE2K for the sake of goodness.

Shiny:
dpmfsa025.png

Not Shiny:
dpmfa025.png

Comparison:
080.gif

I'm sorry, but if it were shiny, there would be an invisible Chuck Norris throwing sparkles around it every few minutes. There was also no such thing in the first gen.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I'm sorry, but if it were shiny, there would be an invisible Chuck Norris throwing sparkles around it every few minutes. There was also no such thing in the first gen.

Yeah, whenever Noctowl came out it had sparkles

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
we're all talking about the anime rite??
I dun believe shiny pikachu exists in the anime.. I think it may look different because it's just not the same as theothers...? like, for humans, we have different skin colours etc.

Years
And come on, as if the writers wanted to make Satoshi any more of a Gary Stu. Giving him an alternate colour Pokémon straight off the bat just defies all common sense.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Okay, ash's pikachu is special because it is Ash's pikachu, and he is the main character of the show...in the anime, IVs, stats, levels, all that stuff do not exist...srry...it's all about strategy, training, and strength...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Well, as somebody already said, shiny pokemon did not exist in Gen 1, so couldn't have featured in the first episode. There is one thing though - Ho-oh appeared in the first ep so they clearly had Gen 2 planned by then and could have had shinys thought of. BUT...Ash's Pikachu is not shiny. It is yellow. Not orange.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Ash's Pikachu isn't different. The only "Difference" was when it was being powered by a LOT of other Pikachu, and blew up the Pokecenter. Team Rocket just wants it because it did that, despite teh fact it had a ton of other pikachus helping it.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
well, you all can think what you want to I think it's a Shiny, you believe what you want to believe and please just let me believe what I want to believe

Years
well, you all can think what you want to I think it's a Shiny, you believe what you want to believe and please just let me believe what I want to believe

We're not forcing you to change any of your beliefs. We're showing you empirical evidence that goes against what you believe and leaving it to you to decide. If you're going to ignore/disregard said evidence, then sure, we'll think you a little narrow-minded - stubborn, even - but we aren't going to flame you for saying as such.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Yeah Ash's pikachu is not a shiny...the shiny looks really orangey and Pikachu does not look orangy...

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
Note that Pikachu's colour gradually became lighter and eventually became the colour that it is today. They used a more solid yellow for Pikachu in its early days, mind. Shows the improving quality of the art now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back