PDA

View Full Version : Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Official Emblem Discussion Thread
As you may or may not know, emblems are one of the latest features here at PC. There are many different emblems. Some are easy to obtain, some are nearly impossible. Some are serious, some are just for fun. For example, one might be awarded to someone based on their great posts whereas another will poke fun at the typos we catch them making. None of these emblems are given automatically--anyone who gets an emblem is hand-picked by the staff.

So what's the catch? We aren't telling you how to get them. :)

This thread is a way to speculate and discuss how to get some emblems. If you see an emblem and you think you know how to obtain it, let everyone know! If you've gotten an emblem and you're not entirely sure why, come see what everyone thinks in this thread. The staff won't confirm anything, but maybe you'll get a hint here and there. Just use this thread to talk about anything related to emblems.

User Requestable Emblems
All emblems are manually given out by staff members. Some of the emblems have very specific requirements such as usergroup, postcount, etc. Any of these emblems will be listed here and you can PM or contact any staff member to ask for it only if you know you qualify for it. (If we cannot find concrete evidence that you meet the requirements, it may not be granted.)

PC Veteran
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/one_smile/Emblem%20PC/pcveteran.png
Requirements: Be a member of PC for at least three years.

Community Supporter
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/one_smile/Emblem%20PC/communitysupporter1.png
Requirements: Donate money to PC.

Committed
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Daiaki711/love.png
Requirements: Stay paired to the same member for over a year.

Check back to see if there are any other ones you can request! Otherwise, good luck obtaining your emblems!

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hmm i see ausadriel has the pc is my life emblem. Can i have a hint how to get it? I mean do i have to be on a certain amount of time? If so i should really get it as im on pc at least 3-4 hours a day 5 at most.

Glitter Stain
December 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Ah, I hope I will be able to use my old account join date for the PC Vet emblem instead of my current one. /o\

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Ah, I hope I will be able to use my old account join date for the PC Vet emblem instead of my current one. /o\
If you can prove it's your old account, it shouldn't be a problem.

Virtual Chatot
December 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
This is bloody awesome! :D
Thank you staff person who suggested this :B

I can has vet emblem now?

.inLOVE
December 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
WAAAAAAAAAY neat! I'll earn and emblem easily ;D

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
So can any s-mod above give me hints how to get the pc is my life emblem? Also now i know where i remember this from.....
My old neopet account! My god collecting all those avatars was a pain but in the end having over 150+ of those beauties was worth it.

.inLOVE
December 16th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Forgot one... Gender Bender. I think that's when you keep changing your gender and/or keep acting like the opposite.

Forci Stikane
December 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hmm i see ausadriel has the pc is my life emblem.

I'm guessing that keeping an eye on the staff profiles would be a good way to learn about other emblems, too, then, since they know how to get all of them and are thus more likely to collect them all...

Forgot one... Gender Bender. I think that's when you keep changing your gender and/or keep acting like the opposite.

I think it just means that you can keep other people guessing about what gender you are, like its description said.

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
So can any s-mod above give me hints how to get the pc is my life emblem? Also now i know where i remember this from.....
My old neopet account! My god collecting all those avatars was a pain but in the end having over 150+ of those beauties was worth it.
We're not telling. ;)

But yes, this is like the Neopets avatars.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Um, I have a slight problem. I can't see the emblems tab on my profile, or does it only show up when you have one? I should have the community supporter, though...

Ausaudriel
December 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Um, I have a slight problem. I can't see the emblems tab on my profile, or does it only show up when you have one? I should have the community supporter, though...
It'll only show up if you have one or more. :3

Went
December 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM
And, all the community supporters without their emblem can request it, remember.

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Lightning hint at least?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Okay, thanks for the help. Its showing up now (thanks Went ;))

Glitter Stain
If you can prove it's your old account, it shouldn't be a problem.
Aaaa. D:

That might be a bit of a problem, seeing as I was immature and kind of dumb pretending to be some other identity.

Soul Eater
December 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Erica, you know I've been here for four years. I get the PC veteran emblem, right?

Gummy
December 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Is the 5000 post thing an actual emblem? Because so far I've seen no one with a emblem related to post count.

THIRTY-SIX
December 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Collect them all. xD

Emblems the online pokémon card equivalent. xD

Requesting for the first two makes me feel like a *****. xD

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Is the 5000 post thing an actual emblem? Because so far I've seen no one with a emblem related to post count.
It's coming eventually; we're still arguing over what image to use. XD;

Aurafire
December 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
This a wicked cool idea I must say.

Oh, and I'm just seeing if I can get my supporter emblem to show up? Thanks =D

EDIT: Thank you, Lightning ^___^

Tater Tot
December 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Anyone know how to get the XD! emblem? I want that one so bad. XD

We can't request them here?

Sublime
December 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Anyone know how to get the XD! emblem? I want that one so bad. XD

We can't request them here?

Probably use xD an excessive amount.

Kinda like me xD

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
If it isn't in the list of requestable emblems, then you'll have to wait and see if a staff member ever thinks you're deserving of it. :B

Tater Tot
December 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Okay. I use XD quite often. Midori Chi calls me XD cousin sometimes. XD

And is Veteran three years, or over three years? I've been here for about three years and four months, not counting December so far. Edit: Just read the first post more carefully. It's three years. XD

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Once your three-year anniversary passes, you can request the emblem.

I'll toss the emblems you qualify for your way. :P

BakingBluePotatoe
December 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
What, I'm on everyday usually for 12+ hours... Total Posts: 1,194... Posts Per Day: 2.43
...and I don't have the "PC Is My Life" emblem?

Tater Tot
December 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Yay Erica! XD Thank you for the answers, I'm done with my annoying questions now. XD

TwilightBlade
December 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Love the new emblem system~ ^_^

However, it seems it may become annoying.. Notice the influx of XDs in here? Yeah.. Some do deserve it, but let's be creative now. ._.

Yeah, I do think things like veteran, supporter, etc can be requested when qualified, but something else like having a certain talent or quirk should be left personally judged by the staff.

Stalking staff ftw.

Edit: I probably should have used the announcement to comment on this, as this is the requesting thread. They seemed the same to me atm..

I can offer ideas? Eeep. -scurry-

Guillermo
December 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I can has supporter emblem now please?

And this is an awesome idea, I think I know how to get the xD emblem.

Lover's Kite
December 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Very nice, I remember when I stumbled upon this along time ago. Sooo, does that mean I can get a Community Supporter emblem now? :3
You should totally make one for a Britney Spears Obssesor. ;3

fer
December 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I've finally got my supporter emblem,thanks. I was wondering when they would come around.

Gerri Shin
December 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Very nice system I quite like it, though it seems not to show up in my file. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to pin that supporter emblem on there for me to be proud of. Thanks!

Counterfeit
December 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I do think this idea is great, they've had something similar over at the HaloMods forum for a long time now, with the secret ones too. :3

December 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
So it's obvious that emblems are good things, but...are there going to be negative ones that we are incentive'd -not- to get, like the 'There's Already a Topic for This' emblem or the 'Frustrating Troublemaker'...? One for trolls? One for people with consistently poor grammatical skills? Having ones that are not so pleasant create the incentive to avoid them (to anybody who really cares) just like people will try to get the pair for a year or 3yr. member or whatnot...

Vampire://Krimm
December 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ooh, do I get The Supporter Emblem? :3

This is a pretty cool idea, you guys~ It really gives people a reason to feel proud of, whatever it may be.

Tyrantrum
December 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I saw Closer with a supporter emblem, but I haven't seen a lot of others with them. :/

Gulpin
December 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I've been here for...
1183384.72575 minutes. Is that good enough?

Forever
December 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
For the supporter emblem, it says in teh description "donate", do supporters that didn't donate get it? If so, Unforgettable and I want it. And also, can I have the veteran one plz?

Gulpin
December 16th, 2008, 04:50 PM
For the supporter emblem, it says in teh description "donate", do supporters that didn't donate get it? If so, Unforgettable and I want it. And also, can I have the veteran one plz?

When it says donate it means to you gave money to PC, or your account did. [I think]

Loki
December 16th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I saw Closer with a supporter emblem, but I haven't seen a lot of others with them. :/

We're giving them out as they're requested, so yeah, that's probably why everyone doesn't have 'em yet. :>

Glitter Stain
December 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I think the XD emblem should be pretty special if it isn't already. I mean, just going off like

My cat died. XD
I'm going to jail! XDD
My other cat died. XD
I can't find my glasses. XD
I like purple! XD
Oh, they're on top of my head. XD
What was I saying? XD
I got another cat. XD
It died. XD

isn't worth an emblem.

gabe_k
December 16th, 2008, 06:02 PM
This is actually cool :O When I read my pm I was extremely confuzled, but yay!

Gulpin
December 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
How do you get notified if you got an emblem?

Forever
December 16th, 2008, 06:06 PM
You get a PM stating you got one.

And Loki ttly ignored the question part of my post.

Thomas
December 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I love the new emblem system guys, you are really turning PC in a thriving community. Giving users a reason want to stay here...

...back in my day the users were what tethered your browser to abbyxsw...i mean pokecommunity.com

Soul Eater
December 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
This is actually exciting! I'll try to post more just to see if any emblems show up when you guys secretly give them out. We'll never know, right? 8D

Thomas: omg how can I forget that? XD They-I mean that domain was such a legend! <3

Gumball Watterson
December 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Lol, well this is a nice addition.

Maybe there should be an emblem for 1000 posts? 5000 seems too much?

This is a nice Idea, but I think it could have used more planning before it was launched XD.

I guess I deserve a "Most Random" emblem...

Thomas
December 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Lol, well this is a nice addition.

Maybe there should be an emblem for 1000 posts? 5000 seems too much?

This is a nice Idea, but I think it could have used more planning before it was launched XD.

I guess I deserve a "Most Random" emblem...Well...I mean...1000 is kind of not a lot of posts. I've done 100 posts in a day on some forums...keep that up for like 10 days and then...bam!...you've got yourself a shiny new emblem. Truthfully, I think the emblem should be at like 10000, but that is just me.

Forever
December 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM
But then there would only be 18 who'd have it anyways. And 5000 is the count to get blogs, so it seems fair.

Thomas
December 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
But then there would only be 18 who'd have it anyways. And 5000 is the count to get blogs, so it seems fair.Wow, I didn't know that, once you hit 5000 you can get blogs even without donating to the site? So yeah, I guess that does give a little more significance to the choosing of 5k posts.

Angela
December 16th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Question:

Will there be emblems in the wifi section, Cq&f, Announcement, other trivia, entertainment and other chat, and if so what kind, I mean what can you achieve there, I understand for the graphics and creative writing thread.

Just a question about if I have to move to get a emblem.

Zorua
December 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Just posting here to say which emblems I should get:

Committed(I've confused like 4 higher staff members. Yet they still don't know what to do. XD)
5,000 posts

I know the 5,000 one's pic hasn't been decided yet, but I'm just...y'know..saying. :[

Loki
December 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
You get a PM stating you got one.

And Loki ttly ignored the question part of my post.

Ack, sorry. D: Had to look into it real fast. You got your emblems anyway though, so yeah. xD; No probs.

Question:

Will there be emblems in the wifi section, Cq&f, Announcement, other trivia, entertainment and other chat, and if so what kind, I mean what can you achieve there, I understand for the graphics and creative writing thread.

There might be emblems there and there might not, be it now or in the future. Should that dictate whether you're active there or not? D:

Aurafire
December 16th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Question:

To expand on what Angela said, forum-specific emblems would be very cool. Like emblems for wifi battling/trading, roleplaying, hacking and other stuff. I already saw one for graphic artists, so perhaps there will be more like these for other sections? Hmm....*speculates* XD

Lucy Lu
December 17th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Wow! I really love this emblem idea! May I request to get the PC Veteran and Community Supporter emblems? Thanks guys! Take your time on it. I can wait.

And I think there should be a emblem for members who can make wonderful themes. I been seeing a lot of members with great themes. They should get a emblem for that. Unless you guys already thought about it. Just want to give my idea out there. ^_^

Mitchman
December 17th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I request the pc is my life emblem. I seriously am on here for hours. And maybe an emblem for the least intreting profile.

BeachBoy
December 17th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I'm really glad to see people are excited with this. :D Yet another fun addition to the community that people can enjoy. d(' 'd)

Cherrim
December 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I request the pc is my life emblem. I seriously am on here for hours. And maybe an emblem for the least intreting profile.
Considering I know some people who're online for 10+ hours a day...

I think this is going to be another "mod" thing. Asking incessantly greatly reduces your chances. You can't request that emblem anyway--read the first post.

Mitchman
December 17th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Sorry! I thought people can request from reading other posts. Anyway thats a bti unfair if the chances of getting an emblem are reduced. I mean ok emblems are exclusive and all but everyone should at least get one.If you huys do decide to go mod on us because we mentioned a certain emblem or such then that just sux. No wait you guys suck.

Cherrim
December 17th, 2008, 04:52 AM
...I think you missed my point but okay, we suck, whatever. 8|

Emblems are SUPPOSED to be exclusive. They wouldn't be special if they weren't.

Mitchman
December 17th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I didnt miss your point. Now another question:
Will the last 2 posts reduce my chances of getting anything?

Cherrim
December 17th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I doubt it. If we see you deserve an emblem, we'll give it to you; this really should have no bearing on it if you do deserve it. We do our best not to run that way.

Melody
December 17th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Heh. This sounds fun. I'm actually screenshotting all the emblems I see. :3

And It's probably pretty easy to get emblems. Just keep on being yourself, you'll get some emblems eventually. XD

Avey
December 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I'm really glad to see people are excited with this. :D Yet another fun addition to the community that people can enjoy. d(' 'd)

Haha. Yeah. Now it's not just Pokemon I have to collect!

mystletainn
December 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Here's the deal:

If you have a staff member's MSN address, DO NOT IM us and ask us for an emblem. Stick to requesting the emblems that are supposed to be requested in this thread. Thank you.

December 17th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yay, I got an emblem ^__^

I really like this idea, it's original and fun. =]

Disturbed
December 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Would there be any chance that we can have emblems for winning an award in the Rom Hacker Awards thread?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160993 <- link

Ooka
December 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Are there any awards for having a really high amount of friends? Or possibly posting a lot of blogs?

And I think I get a donater one, but I'm not really sure.

Tyrantrum
December 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Would there be any chance that we can have emblems for winning an award in the Rom Hacker Awards thread?

I'm not so sure emblems are giving out depending on the thread. :/
But, they are given to members that have done good to the community.

(sorry, don't know how to say it. Please don't flame me. :x)

Buoysel
December 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Can we nominate someone for a emblem?

Tyrantrum
December 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I kind of like that idea. :3

But maybe put that towards member of the month.
The member(s) of the month get an emblem called: Member of the Month: [month here]

Then says: "This member has contributed to the forum a lot, thus being the member of the month."

Or somethinglike that. ;3

Ooka
December 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well, I think that would be more of a popularity contest, so would it really be deserving of an emblem?

.inLOVE
December 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I think it is a splendid idea.

Loki
December 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM

You'll have to wait and see~

Are there any awards for having a really high amount of friends? Or possibly posting a lot of blogs?

And I think I get a donater one, but I'm not really sure.

Yup, you get a donater emblem, but I see you've already gotten that. ;D

As for the first part of your post, again, you'll have to wait and see. xD Get out there and look around people's profiles if you're really that curious about the emblems we've got! We're keeping it under wraps so you guys can discover the emblems as people earn them, y'know?

Can we nominate someone for a emblem?

Er, at the moment, I don't think you can, unless it's an emblem that can be requested, and they qualify for it. :< Right now, it's up to the jurisdiction of the staff to decide whether someone is deserving of an emblem or not.

Forever
December 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Or possibly posting a lot of blogs?

If I undelete all mine, I'd have most, and there's only a limited number of people that use blogs anyways, so that'd kinda fail.

Ayano Katagiri
December 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Cool, another interesting addition to PC. ^^ It'll be interesting to see what other emblems there are.

I think I'm almost eligible for one of the emblems on the first post.

Buoysel
December 18th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Er, at the moment, I don't think you can, unless it's an emblem that can be requested, and they qualify for it. :< Right now, it's up to the jurisdiction of the staff to decide whether someone is deserving of an emblem or not.

I was thinking about the "Writer" emblem that I saw on one of the staff. I think it would be pretty selfish to request said emblem. (Also, some of the really good writers wouldn't go out and ask for them either.) Then you would also have all the newbies who think that there work is great (when it's not) requesting one.

It would be much easer to have that emblem awarded to you only if you are recommended by someone who has been in the writing areas a lot.

Other wise it would be no big deal if you got one; anyone with half a keyboard could get one, and I think that emblems should be reserved for those who actually deserve them.

(P.S. We need one for those who go nuts if you don't always have good grammar.)

[/opinion]

THIRTY-SIX
December 18th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Will the "meet certain criteria" emblems not come with a PM?

Went
December 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Well, the only purpose of the PM is notifying you have got that emblem, so I don't see why they shouldn't o.o

Mika
December 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
kyuuu~ ^^ Vet/Support for me please

THIRTY-SIX
December 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Hmm, I thought maybe the staff wouldn't since knowing who gave it to you would get other members asking them who it was. Then in turn those members may pester that staff member. xD

Also a reason why I asked is because I have no idea who gave me my fourth. Px

Sweet Speed
December 18th, 2008, 10:47 AM
What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.

Also shoudn't I get a Pokecommunity Supporter emblem?

Cassino
December 18th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I would like to ask:
A) Why was this thread stickied? (I'm just asking, don't punch me)
B) Is there/will there be an option to hide one's emblems?

Cherrim
December 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hmm, I thought maybe the staff wouldn't since knowing who gave it to you would get other members asking them who it was. Then in turn those members may pester that staff member. xD

Also a reason why I asked is because I have no idea who gave me my fourth. Px
The PM is optional; so if the staff member doesn't want you to know who gave it, you won't get a PM about it. Some emblems may be given out that way depending on the level of secrecy they demand.
I would like to ask:
A) Why was this thread stickied? (I'm just asking, don't punch me)
B) Is there/will there be an option to hide one's emblems?
A) Because. It's an official thread and if it's stickied, there's slightly less chance of getting bombarded by new threads about it in Q&F.
B) No.

Loki
December 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I was thinking about the "Writer" emblem that I saw on one of the staff. I think it would be pretty selfish to request said emblem. (Also, some of the really good writers wouldn't go out and ask for them either.) Then you would also have all the newbies who think that there work is great (when it's not) requesting one.

It would be much easer to have that emblem awarded to you only if you are recommended by someone who has been in the writing areas a lot.

Other wise it would be no big deal if you got one; anyone with half a keyboard could get one, and I think that emblems should be reserved for those who actually deserve them.

(P.S. We need one for those who go nuts if you don't always have good grammar.)

[/opinion]

Ummm, again, that's up to staff discretion. Even if the best writer in PC doesn't get a "Writer" emblem, does that mean he's not the best writer in PC? ;x If you think someone deserves an emblem, cross your fingers and hope that we notice them. That's the best we can offer. xD; Because really, nobody wants to sit down and sift through the kajillion nomination's we'd get if we opened that, y'know what I mean?

What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.

^ You'll have to find out for yourself.

Zanacross
December 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Can I have the littler piggy bank one please?

Buoysel
December 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Ummm, again, that's up to staff discretion. Even if the best writer in PC doesn't get a "Writer" emblem, does that mean he's not the best writer in PC? ;x If you think someone deserves an emblem, cross your fingers and hope that we notice them. That's the best we can offer. xD; Because really, nobody wants to sit down and sift through the kajillion nomination's we'd get if we opened that, y'know what I mean?

I see your point, but then again how many times does the higher staff members browse the PFF(&P), RP, or the FF sections?

I mean they are usually pretty busy and thus wouldn't have a lot of time to sit down and read.

I only see an s-mod once in a while when a post gets reported, and Astinus happens to be on vacation or something. So how are the best ones going to get noticed by the staff who have the power to award emblems?

Azonic
December 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM
What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.Nothing would be that easy. It's most likely for people who have an unknown gender to most others. Like if people commonly think that a member is a boy when they're a girl (or just have a lot of people thinking either way), they'll probably get the Gender Bender.

Cherrim
December 18th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Mods can give out emblems too--it's not like the hstaff would HAVE to give out the emblems and know the best writers, etc.

.inLOVE
December 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
O rly? That's cool to know XD

Buoysel
December 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Mods can give out emblems too--it's not like the hstaff would HAVE to give out the emblems and know the best writers, etc.

After re-reading the first post I notice that; I guess I missed the word "any" that was in front of the word staff, which also happened to be boded.

Oops.:embarrass

Mitchman
December 18th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hey i got an emblem idea.
CAPMAN! Yes you the guy who always uses caps someway some how.
Good no?

Hiidoran
December 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM
This seems like a fun and quirky little idea. :3

May I has the Supporter and Veteran emblems, pwease?

St. Anger
December 18th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm getting the Domo emblem, and the Get On Everyone's Nerves emblem :D

jasonresno
December 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I haven't read through the thread yet, kind of in a hurry, but am I right in assuming that you will be notified if you receive an emblem?

Thomas
December 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't read through the thread yet, kind of in a hurry, but am I right in assuming that you will be notified if you receive an emblem?Yeah, you get a PM whenever you get an emblem...very convenient. xD

SkyPioneer
December 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Unnecesary, pointless little gimmick.
Nice addition, no real benefit.
Don't worry too much about these, kids. No one else will.

EDIT:
I lold at how many people gave me negative rep instead of arguing back.
Seriously, is it really that much of a kick in the pants to recognize a difference in opinion?

Glitter Stain
December 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
The emblem system's a joke, right? Because as of yet I've been given no indication of it being anything more than that. (Seeing as I basically indicated that I deserved the "SHUT UP" emblem, and I got it.)

Zebra Thunderhead
December 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, you get a PM whenever you get an emblem...very convenient. xD

Not necessarily. We can choose that option if we want too. We can also be totally anonymous. ;)

Chibi-chan
December 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
The emblem system's a joke, right? Because as of yet I've been given no indication of it being anything more than that. (Seeing as I basically indicated that I deserved the "SHUT UP" emblem, and I got it.)

Shut up

No, emblems are serious business Tsk :\
If you got it, you probably deserved it. If you asked for a staff emblem, you probably wouldn't get it. It just depends of what the emblems mean.

Glitter Stain
December 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Shut up

No, emblems are serious business Tsk
If you got it, you probably deserved it. If you asked for a staff emblem, you probably wouldn't get it. It just depends of what the emblems mean.
I guess it can be serious.. I mean, there's already plenty of spam in my profile anyway, a few bizarre emblems won't hurt. (Although I do like the SHUT UP emblem, it makes me look low key). ;B

Chibi-chan
December 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I guess it can be serious.. I mean, there's already plenty of spam in my profile anyway, a few bizarre emblems won't hurt. (Although I do like the SHUT UP emblem, it makes me look low key). ;B

Well, I'd have to say if the imaged accompanying it looks serious, the emblem probably is straightforward and not sarcastic. Like the PC Veterans emblem. The 'I asked to be a mod' emblem is totally sarcastic and it in no way improves your chance of being a mod.

Rukario
December 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
its a nothing, as no real point other being fun, system that adds some fun and mystery to PC..

Thomas
December 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I guess it can be serious.. I mean, there's already plenty of spam in my profile anyway, a few bizarre emblems won't hurt. (Although I do like the SHUT UP emblem, it makes me look low key). ;BHow is having the SHUT UP emblem being low key. If anything having that emblem means your high key...wait...is is high key or high profile? How are emblems bizarre when you deserved to get them in the first place (and in your case you definitely deserved both of the ones that you got xD). Seriously there should be an emblem for those people that keep asking for emblems...maybe that would shut them up. xD

Stronkadonk
December 19th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Hey, Lightning, I saw you had... like a bazillion posts.
When exactly do we get the huge post emblem?
Is it after just a thousand posts, four thousand, ten thousand???

Cherrim
December 19th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The postcount emblems aren't up yet. :[ They'll be listed here when they are, though.

Stronkadonk
December 19th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Oh, I thought that chatter one that you have was the post count one.

Angela
December 19th, 2008, 05:09 AM
You have two emblems, lucky you:D, you go girl,

I like the shut up emblem, it's like a slap in the face:D, tho I would never want to get the "I asked to be mod" emblem, it's beneath me, tho that's a emblem that the new members will be scraping in:D.

Snivi
December 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Commited
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Daiaki711/love.png
Requirements: Stay paired to the same member for over a year.

I find it amusing that my pair has this one but I don't XD

Angela
December 19th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I find it amusing that my pair has this one but I don't XD
Lol, I guess you must not be as committed as your pair in your relationship:D

Tho isn't committed spelled wrong above the emblem?

Stronkadonk
December 19th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I should totally own the "I asked to be a mod" emblem.

EDIT: WOW Thanks for the bad rep >.>
Like I was being serious.
Just look at my infractions, does it look like I have even the slightest chance of becoming a mod?

Angela
December 19th, 2008, 05:20 AM
I was wright the word committed is spelled wright in peoples profiles but it's spelled wrong in Lightnings post (Lightning writes "Commited").

*Lol "XOXO Spelling girl"*

Stronkadonk
December 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Should there be emblems to the winners of Member of the Month?

ErickaVolt
December 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I never saw emblems and what they look like.

Angela
December 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I never saw emblems and what they look like.
Go to Lightnings profile she has some:D.

@Lightning: I see you tried to fix the error I pointed out to you,,, but it's only worse now, it says "commitsted" now instead of "committed" ;),,,

Avegaille
December 20th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hmm, the only one I can obtain is the being a vetarn/being a member here for almost 3 or more years...

(Joined Feb 9, 2005)

I lurk around eventually... >D

Ninja Caterpie
December 20th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Aha. There needs to be a ":P" emblem for people like me who use :P a lot. :P

Avegaille
December 20th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I have this weird speculation for a Grammar Nazi emblem.

Lolz, now that would be interesting.

*flees*

Stronkadonk
December 20th, 2008, 11:53 PM

*flees*
Maybe without the evile group, yeah, I'd be one of those.
<3 Mah Grammerz

GreenStorm
December 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ah, I've been a member for a while. I regret making multiple accounts. :(

<3 Mah Grammerz

That would be awesome.

Sweet Speed
December 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
I would own the goody goody nerds cool people group so please make one.

Sublime
December 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
<3 Mah Grammerz

Same here.
But I'm never caught correcting people for their grammar. Unless it's like: OMfG d00d i liek teh mudkipz hehahehe lollllzzz!!!1!!!11

But a Grammar Nazi emblem would be intersting. xD

Counterfeit
December 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I understand you don't want a huge pile of people suggesting ideas, but:

Schizophrenia
- This user has managed rack up quite a few accounts. 0.o

Should I stay or should I go now?
- They've tried to leave numerous times, but PC keeps pulling them right back in! ;D

Angela
December 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM

*flees*
That was not funny *I don't want a grammar nazi emblem*

Sublime
December 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I understand you don't want a huge pile of people suggesting ideas, but:

Schizophrenia
- This user has managed rack up quite a few accounts. 0.o

Should I stay or should I go now?
- They've tried to leave numerous times, but PC keeps pulling them right back in! ;D

You mean we can suggest ideas too?
Didn't know that xD

I have one that I havn't seen yet. Mainly cause I don't stalk the staff and look at their emblems like some people

Identity Crisis
I don't even know who I am anymore!
This user has changed their name more than 3 times.

Avegaille
December 21st, 2008, 06:13 PM

=P Merely a speculation, my dear. It's not like they're actually gonna do it... right? o_O;

*flees*

Stronkadonk
December 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
How close is/are the posting emblem/emblems to being completed?

JX Valentine
December 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM

I'd like to step in and say I'd proudly wear this. XD

SkyPioneer
December 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
Give me an emblem titled: "I hate the emblem idea"
That'd be really fitting.

Went
December 22nd, 2008, 05:35 AM

What's so bad about it, may I ask?

mewthree w/armor
December 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM

I'd even want that one. Because I agree with it. Just another stupid feature that wastes times and causes *****ing. Slap another popularity contest up.

Alli
December 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
I think the only emblem I'm going to get is that committed emblem. xD It's so sweet, though! -points at it- ;;

Grammar Nazi. xD I agree with Xanthine, I'd proudly wear that...I already wear it in real life.

As for the popularity contest thing, I don't think it ranks in that category like MotM does. :/

Stronkadonk
December 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'd even want that one. Because I agree with it. Just another stupid feature that wastes times and causes *****ing. Slap another popularity contest up.
Do you have the same opinion on Member of the Month?
This IS a bit like it... although the emblems differ and such, and go for random causes.

.inLOVE
December 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hmm... I hope to get that one.

Sublime
December 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I think the only emblem I'm going to get is that committed emblem. xD It's so sweet, though! -points at it- ;;

Grammar Nazi. xD I agree with Xanthine, I'd proudly wear that...I already wear it in real life.

As for the popularity contest thing, I don't think it ranks in that category like MotM does. :/

As would I xD

But I really don't see how it's a popularity contest if you can easily qualify for the emblems...

Lie Ren
December 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Omg.. xD I never realized what the emblems were until like 5 mintues ago, but this is a fun idea~! o-o
I know I don't post here a whooole lot anymore, busy busy.. T_T but it'll be fun to see if I get at least one or two. xD;

Did one of the staff here think up this idea?

You know.. if they had an 'Emoticon Abuser' emblem, that would be great. o__o

Andinator
December 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
im usually on for at least 6 hours a day straight. so yea i think PC really is my life. lol. anyways, ca i request the PC is my life emblem please

Blitzballer
December 22nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm envious towards anyone with a Grammar Nazi emblem!

Avegaille
December 23rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
Lol, it seems that most people like the Grammar Nazi emblem. XD

(and I don't see how this idea is much like the MotM... >___>;; )

If it was for the mods to notice you, then maybe, a slightly yes, cause of the way the emblems are handed out personally... otherwise, it's a different and unique concept... I'm actually posting in PC because of this, wtf... XD

ErickaVolt
December 23rd, 2008, 03:49 AM

Well if you don't have one it doesn't mean that you hate emblems. I guess we're not deserving.

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 05:39 AM
I 100% agree with ErickaVolt. BTW, I know one you can get by asking to be staff xD

Went
December 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
im usually on for at least 6 hours a day straight. so yea i think PC really is my life. lol. anyways, ca i request the PC is my life emblem please

You can't because that's not one of the requestable emblems :x

ClassicRockFan
December 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
can i haz former mod emblam? (Improper spelling is fun and annoying at the same time)

Cherrim
December 23rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Depends. :( Are you sexy or manly? We have no in-between or other options.

ClassicRockFan
December 23rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Aww, there's no button for hermaphodites?
I'll go with manly then. >:O

ANARCHit3cht
December 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
I feel dumb for not having any of the emblems that deem people smart. XD DX

xoBoxxy
December 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Can someone tell me what an emblem is?

Stronkadonk
December 23rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Can someone tell me what an emblem is?
It is basically an award, given for random things, such as staff, pairings, or post count.

December 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Are there going to be emblems for absurdly friendly people or ust flat-out annoying ones?

jasonresno
December 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
For people complaining the emblem system is pointless: Then don't use it. Ignore it. It will not affect you if you do not want it to.

For everyone else: I think adding features to forums is always good. I love the fact that emblems just add that much more to how custom our profiles can be and they help set us apart for our accomplishments. That's awesome.

Lornami
December 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
I saw a little bit of this before and they said to wait for the official thread, but I forgot to be on the lookout!

:3 May I get a supporter emblem? Or two? xD

jasonresno
December 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Quick question: We don't have to ask for emblems do we?

Lornami
December 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM

Well you can't ask for the ones that are not on the first post of the thread. And for the ones you can ask for, it's not like the staff is going to hunt down every person who qualifies. (I hadn't got one yet.)

You mean we can suggest ideas too?
Didn't know that xD

I have one that I havn't seen yet. Mainly cause I don't stalk the staff and look at their emblems like some people

Identity Crisis
I don't even know who I am anymore!
This user has changed their name more than 3 times.

Allelujah Haptism has an Identity Issues Emblem. Maybe that's it.
But he/she does not have a supporter one. Hmm.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Allelujah Haptism has an Identity Issues Emblem. Maybe that's it.
But he/she does not have a supporter one. Hmm.

Just throwing this in there; but there are other ways, such as winning a Signature of the Week Contest, that people can earn themselves a supporter status. Since that has happened to one of my other friends on the forums after she won a contest. Though, I believe the real prize is access to the Style Testing board.

Ninja Caterpie
December 24th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hey, did that ":P" smily emblem idea go through? xP

I thought I'd bring it up again. xD

THIRTY-SIX
December 24th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Just throwing this in there; but there are other ways, such as winning a Signature of the Week Contest, that people can earn themselves a supporter status. Since that has happened to one of my other friends on the forums after she won a contest. Though, I believe the real prize is access to the Style Testing board.
That was because I was in the Halloween spirit.

Blue Screen of Death
December 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Reading through this, I have noticed only one emblem that interests me (the rest are fine, I just don't really care) and that emblem is the Grammar Nazi one. I like the idea, but I think it should be accompanied by some sort of Spelling Nazi emblem as well, seeing as there are people out there who are quite serious about spelling.

Also, is there a list of official emblems?

.inLOVE
December 24th, 2008, 02:57 AM
No, they are currently a secret.

Zebra Thunderhead
December 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I want my sexy mod emblem, damn it! ;;

Sweet Speed
December 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I think I should earn a profile editor emblem because I worked hard for the images of my profile.

Angela
December 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I love the emblem I got:D, it was a smilie overuse emblem:D

Lash
December 26th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Community Supporter emblem, please?

Heh, at first I thought I wasn't going to get caught up in the emblem thing XD

Patchisou Yutohru
December 26th, 2008, 12:45 PM

A quick suggestion on what emblem you believe you can obtain (if you know how to get it, that is, and meet the requirements) never hurts. Though, I've been searching through profiles looking for things to give out. Sadly, I haven't come across anyone but, like, one person who meets a requirement for a specific emblem. So, like it says in the first post:

If you see an emblem and you think you know how to obtain it, let everyone know!

Ezzo!
December 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Is there a grammar emblem? xD
I don't really like internet talk. :p
I use the right punctuations, and spell things right all the time.
*sometimes* D:

Sublime
December 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have a question of my own.

Could we possibly design emblems for the staff/mods to hand out?
Cause I have plently of ideas that I would like to see in the emblem system ^w^

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
That would be cool. A contest, maybe?

Lucy Lu
December 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah that would be a good idea a contest to see who can create the best emblems. And the winner will have their emblems showcased and used. That is a great idea, .Sublime and Rachellder. And it will help out the staff out too if members are willing to help.

Oh while I am here, may I request getting the "Profile Editor" emblem? Because I keep on changing my profile(and now my blog) to be the best it can be. Well I try to. If you guys don't think I deserve it, that is alright. I thought I will ask. Thanks a lot.

Sublime
December 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
That would be cool. A contest, maybe?

Yea, something like that would be awewsome.

I've actually been brainstorming ideas for the Grammar Nazi emblem without it being offensive xD

Counterfeit
December 26th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah that would be a good idea a contest to see who can create the best emblems. And the winner will have their emblems showcased and used.

Wouldn't that be defeating the idea of them being secret?

Lucy Lu
December 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't that be defeating the idea of them being secret?

Good point there. I didn't think of that. Yeah it will be good to keep them as a secret. Oh well, I tried. XD But it will be nice if members get to help out the staff with the emblem making. But if they want to keep it as a secret, then there isn't anything we(as members)can do. If not then we should help. ^^

Sunnybeam
December 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
...My old username is on the "PC is my life" emblem.

I feel amazing.

Tyrantrum
December 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
If I may, may I request the identity issues emblem? :3

Because of most of my new names, I have caused confusion with some of my friends on here! ;P
If not, that's okay, but I would relly love it! ;D

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry Mikey, you can't request it :(

Sweet Speed
December 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry Mikey, you can't request it :(
I think you can Rachellder, because I've requested about 2 and I got them.

As long as you see them in someone else's profile and you think you deserve the emblem then I think you can freely request for it here.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry, you are. The emblems on the first post? You can request those ONLY. I know, it SUCKS.

Archer
December 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I guess I'll open my Emblem collection by requesting the PC Supporter Emblem if it's not too much trouble.
I think these emblems could turn out, although any Demerit Emblems would be unnecessary.

Eucliffe
December 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I honestly like the pair emblem~ Whoever came up with it, it's a really good idea!

Hmm... I'll try and think of some suggestions, even though they might've probably been included.

Well, maybe one for those with a lot of rep points? After all, I find that to be quite an achievement. But that's just me.

Gumball Watterson
December 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Reputation isn't really that good. Reputation is densely variable, and nobody likes getting 10,000 points then get an emblem, then the next day go under and loose their emblem. That is very sad :(.

I have a few suggestions:

GODDAMNIT!

This user types more Caps than France kills snails.

Poor Rich

This user live in Africa. This user is pretty much rich.

Bling Bling!

Maybe this user should get his colors confiscated (This user types in colors a lot. That hurts some eyes with bad skins)

I look Beautiful!

This user has proven to be buttugly by the thousands of pics he has of himself in his album

(insert some shipping here)shipper overdriven

If ___ and ____ loved each other, then this user would probably level over Chuck Norris himself.

ErickaVolt
December 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Poor Rich

Okay, if I change [or type] my location to Africa, does that earn me that emblem?

Suggestion:

Why don't you make an emblem that is also related to #tpc [The PokeCommunity Chat]?

Gumball Watterson
December 27th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry, you know too much, now you can't get it :D.

Naw, it should be a secret. Then staff can give it out to members that introduce themselves as living in Africa, simple?

Sweet Speed
December 28th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I guess so, I think they should be a ROFL emblem.

For someone who makes you ROFL with every post he makes

Archer
December 28th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Reputation isn't really that good. Reputation is densely variable, and nobody likes getting 10,000 points then get an emblem, then the next day go under and loose their emblem. That is very sad :(.

I have a few suggestions:

GODDAMNIT!

This user types more Caps than France kills snails.

Poor Rich

Bling Bling!

Maybe this user should get his colors confiscated (This user types in colors a lot. That hurts some eyes with bad skins)

I look Beautiful!

This user has proven to be buttugly by the thousands of pics he has of himself in his album

(insert some shipping here)shipper overdriven

If ___ and ____ loved each other, then this user would probably level over Chuck Norris himself.
They'd need to have the names/captions toned down a bit. The second and forth emblems seem offensive and pointless.

Roy G. Biv
December 28th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Yo, hook me up with dat sweet supporter emblem

Ninja Caterpie
December 28th, 2008, 05:18 AM
xD These things are funny.

We need an emblem for people who state their location as an English speaking-country, yet don't seem to understand what full stops or commas are for. Never mind grammar! I wan's da emblem dat's da has da thingo which, ah, should mean I use da smilie a lot of some da reason. xP

ErickaVolt
December 28th, 2008, 05:35 AM
xD These things are funny.

We need an emblem for people who state their location as an English speaking-country, yet don't seem to understand what full stops or commas are for. Never mind grammar!

Hmmm... The Grammar Nazi emblem?

I use da smilie a lot of some da reason. xP

Well there's a Smilie Overuser emblem.

Eon-Rider
December 28th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I find the PC Veteran emblem a bit biased.

Gumball Watterson
December 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I guess so, I think they should be a ROFL emblem.

For someone who makes you ROFL with every post he makes

That isn't referred to me is it? o_0. I'm not that funny.

Grammar Nazi is a very good one, yes. Now just two more months before I get my Veteran Emblem :D.

Sweet Speed
December 28th, 2008, 01:06 PM
That isn't referred to me is it? o_0. I'm not that funny.

Grammar Nazi is a very good one, yes. Now just two more months before I get my Veteran Emblem :D.

Nah, sorry but it wasn't. It was just an idea for people who satff thinks makes them laugh.

Ninja Caterpie
December 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I need to wait another two and a half years and I get vet!

Michii
December 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet! These emblem things are ASDFAMAZING! They're really creative and are a great way for people to feel special inside :'3. I don't have any yet, but I'm cool with that. I just love looking at other people's emblems and finding out what kinds there are. :'D

Mario The World Champion
December 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I just noticed this when I was just browsing the site. I think these emblem thing are a fun thing.

From what I read in Lighting's post at the beginning of the thread, I've been here since January 2005 and I'm also a Community Supporter as well. So, I think I qualify for those two.

And if you're looking for ideas for new emblems, how about one for active people who've never changed their username for a year or longer?

GKS
December 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
From what I have noticed, it seems more like something staff give eachother. And once in a while to members...

It's a pretty good idea I must say. I hope it's fairly distributed to people.

Loki
December 30th, 2008, 08:36 PM
From what I have noticed, it seems more like something staff give eachother. And once in a while to members...

It's a pretty good idea I must say. I hope it's fairly distributed to people.

Correction: It's more like something each staff member gives to themselves. ;<

Fair distrubution is a little difficult, considering this is just something that the staff is going to do casually, but we'll try our best. Just y'know, we're not going to be scouring the community for something who meets _____ emblem. xD;

Stronkadonk
December 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Should Members of the Month be given emblems?
[Just a suggestion]

Ninja Caterpie
December 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
We should have a "See? I'm a <insert gender here>!" emblem for those people who state their genders, but are still confused by noobs some people. Xanthine or Astinus?

ErickaVolt
December 30th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Should Members of the Month be given emblems?
[Just a suggestion]

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/one_smile/Emblem%20PC/MOTM.png Member of the Month
This Member of the Month won Member of the Month in Member of the Month one month. (Try saying that three times fast!)

I guess that's what you mean.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 31st, 2008, 01:48 AM
We should have a "See? I'm a <insert gender here>!" emblem for those people who state their genders, but are still confused by noobs some people. Xanthine or Astinus?

...That completely defeats the purpose of the gender bender emblem.

Eon-Rider
December 31st, 2008, 02:08 AM
Pfft... A MotM will be impossible to win for me. xD

Ninja Caterpie
December 31st, 2008, 03:49 AM
...That completely defeats the purpose of the gender bender emblem.

It does? But doesn't the gender bender emblem mean they just don't state their gender and everyone has to guess?

GKS
December 31st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Correction: It's more like something each staff member gives to themselves. ;<

Fair distrubution is a little difficult, considering this is just something that the staff is going to do casually, but we'll try our best. Just y'know, we're not going to be scouring the community for something who meets _____ emblem. xD;

Just stating something I have noticed.

To Mence Master:
They do get emblems I think. I think I saw someone with a emblem for it.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 31st, 2008, 03:18 PM
It does? But doesn't the gender bender emblem mean they just don't state their gender and everyone has to guess?

Ehm.. no, not really. There isn't much I can really disclose on that particular emblem since you can't request it. You'll just have to look around to find out how people got it.

Sublime
December 31st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hm..I think there should be an emblem for those who were nomiated in the MotM categories. Cause, even if you didn't win, being nominated is great too.

That might be alot of work though :/

Gumball Watterson
January 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM

No, I think you have to somehow get your Gender confused 24/7. I mean, I just found out one month ago Lightning was a girl o_0'. He She has the Gender Bender Emblem of course.

And She He Goddamn deserved it.

Fox♠
January 1st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I feel the need for a "Over 9000" emblem for when you get 9001 posts. I think this would be sterling.

Since I joined early 05, I've being here long enough for the vet one right?

Here is a serious suggestion though. Maybe a Gold, Silver and Bronze emblem(s) for the respective top 3 participants of any of the art contests we have.

Eon-Rider
January 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
I feel the need for a "Over 9000" emblem for when you get 9001 posts. I think this would be sterling.

That might actually make me start posting actively again.

Counterfeit
January 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Here is a serious suggestion though. Maybe a Gold, Silver and Bronze emblem(s) for the respective top 3 participants of any of the art contests we have.

If that gets passed, then an emblem for the SoTW winner would be good, it'd make more people participate too.

Volkner's Apprentice
January 1st, 2009, 09:02 AM
If that gets passed, then an emblem for the SoTW winner would be good, it'd make more people participate too.

That's a nice idea. The same could go for anyone who manages to make it into the Wifi Hall of Fame or wins other fun categories besides Member of the Month. Haha, unless of course the staff isn't up to making that many emblems.

Either way, I love the emblems, they're fun. ^_^

Fox♠
January 1st, 2009, 09:09 AM
That's a nice idea. The same could go for anyone who manages to make it into the Wifi Hall of Fame or wins other fun categories besides Member of the Month. Haha, unless of course the staff isn't up to making that many emblems.

Either way, I love the emblems, they're fun. ^_^

Never thought of it in that way.

I feel that the G/S/B emblems would really work universally then and not just for art contests.

And if they staff are too busy, I'd happily have a crack at designing a few.

Also, I can't seem to find where my emblem(s) are :S

Chimchar 9
January 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
can i have my Emblem ?
as i am a pc supporter.
thanks!

jasonresno
January 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
How long exactly do you have to be here to get the "vet" emblem? I've been here around 4 years. I, personally, am against asking for emblems--I think they should be handed out as seen fit--but this is sort of bothering me. I guess I'm starving to get an emblem and build a collection :D

ErickaVolt
January 1st, 2009, 04:20 PM
How long exactly do you have to be here to get the "vet" emblem? I've been here around 4 years. I, personally, am against asking for emblems--I think they should be handed out as seen fit--but this is sort of bothering me. I guess I'm starving to get an emblem and build a collection :D

I think you need 3 years to get the veteran emblem. So I think you're fitting to get one.

Poké-fyu
January 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Is there a game developer's emblem?
If there isn't I think there should be. There should also be a great hacker emblem.

Ninja Caterpie
January 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
I feel the need for a "Over 9000" emblem for when you get 9001 posts. I think this would be sterling.That is epic. Methinks we should start a petition. 8D

jasonresno
January 2nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
I think you need 3 years to get the veteran emblem. So I think you're fitting to get one.

Hey thanks for the response.

Well if you have to apply/ask for the PC Vet emblem I ask that I be considered. If not, that's cool too, but I figured I may as well.

And an over 9000 emblem with something like this:
http://www.karimtemple.com/haha/over9000.jpg

Would be the pants.

ErickaVolt
January 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hey thanks for the response.

Well if you have to apply/ask for the PC Vet emblem I ask that I be considered. If not, that's cool too, but I figured I may as well.

And an over 9000 emblem with something like this:

http://www.karimtemple.com/haha/over9000.jpg

Would be the pants.

lol, we need a smaller picture for that.

Patchisou Yutohru
January 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
lol, we need a smaller picture for that.

That's what cropping and resizing is for?

Gummy
January 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
If that Over 9000 thing actually goes through, I will post like a mad dog.

Anyways, I'm also here to request a Supporter emblem and writer and suckerforgames

Mitchman
January 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hey i know the only requestable emblems are on the front page but i see there is a 2009 emblem. I was online during the new year change for my time period so i think i should get it. I mean if only the standard us timezones im sory but thats just wrong. You can eaven check my active periods. Im utc+2 for information. I know only reuqest the ones in front but hey i deserve it as much as anyone no matter what timezone im in.

Went
January 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hey i know the only requestable emblems are on the front page but i see there is a 2009 emblem. I was online during the new year change for my time period so i think i should get it. I mean if only the standard us timezones im sory but thats just wrong. You can eaven check my active periods. Im utc+2 for information. I know only reuqest the ones in front but hey i deserve it as much as anyone no matter what timezone im in.

There is a little problem: you don't met the requirements to get it, so you can't get it, sorry. Plus you are right, you can't request this emblem anyway.

Mitchman
January 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Wait its not to be logged on or post anywhere in the new year? Whoops then sorry bout that.

Ninja Caterpie
January 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Wait its not to be logged on or post anywhere in the new year? Whoops then sorry bout that.

No, methinks you needed to have posted in the now-locked "(Global) Happy New Year" Thread?

Netto Azure
January 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks Went for the 2009 emblem! Never really expected that since it wasn't New Years Midnight yet here in LA when I posted that. I just really wanted to be a part of this New Years celebration because to say that 2008 was "bad" would be quite an understatement. D=

Also I noticed another emblem that I got called "Shut up," (I wonder who gave me that...=/) which I feel should be titled better because when I first saw it, I felt disrespected and sad for having the impulse to type in "walls of texts" to give my opinions on various topics. No offense really but as I said it should be titled better. I know it sounds cheezy to still take offense in such a small thing as this but some people still prefer to be formal in today's modern society. Yes, I just did it again. XD

Gummy
January 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think there's any shame in the 'Shut Up' emblem, as it shows that you put good thought into a number of your post. Some people don't even take the time to write four words.

Netto Azure
January 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Oh no, what I meant was that it could have been titled better.
I do like the concept of emblems since it shows that the mods are an active part of the community and not "Big Brothers" O_o

*Firestar*
January 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hey guys. I just got a 2009 emblem but am not quite sure how I obtained it. Can someone help me? Maybe a hint from mods because I love riddles hehe.

TwilightBlade
January 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hey guys. I just got a 2009 emblem but am not quite sure how I obtained it. Can someone help me? Maybe a hint from mods because I love riddles hehe.

It's a secret. I believe it's for posting in the celebration thread for 2009.

Also, anyone want to fix this typo:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4805/smilieny9.png

8D;

Sublime
January 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks Went for the 2009 emblem! Never really expected that since it wasn't New Years Midnight yet here in LA when I posted that. I just really wanted to be a part of this New Years celebration because to say that 2008 was "bad" would be quite an understatement. D=

Also I noticed another emblem that I got called "Shut up," (I wonder who gave me that...=/) which I feel should be titled better because when I first saw it, I felt disrespected and sad for having the impulse to type in "walls of texts" to give my opinions on various topics. No offense really but as I said it should be titled better. I know it sounds cheezy to still take offense in such a small thing as this but some people still prefer to be formal in today's modern society. Yes, I just did it again. XD

Maybe they could rename it tl;dr xD

Gummy
January 6th, 2009, 03:24 PM
For a Pokemon forum, I'm surprised that I have yet to see an emblem related to Pokemon. Perhaps we can make one similar to the one dedicated to those who know all things Japan related, except this one would be for those who seem to know all things Pokemon related. the emblem image could be a pokedex or one of the professors.

Ninja Caterpie
January 6th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Advance Freak.

This person scares us all with their knowledge of the 3rd Generation and everything in it.

Give it to shanecdavis. And me

:D

Tater Tot
January 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Just a question, what are the requirements for the 09 emblem? Because, I have no idea why I got it. XD;

And I've won member of the month a few times. Kidding.

Mitchman
January 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
i would think to have posted in that 2009 new year global thread. Yep thats most likely it as the majority who posted have it.

Tater Tot
January 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I never posted in that, though. o_o Great, I got an emblem by mistake. XD

EDIT: Oh no, wait... I did so post in that. Hehe, I'm so lost.

Darthatron
January 11th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Hey. Could I have the PC Veteran emblem? Thanks!

Amachi
January 11th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Hey. Could I have the PC Veteran emblem? Thanks!

Uh yeah, it's been awarded. That is all.

Chloè
January 12th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I hope I don't sound to "greedy" here, but, shouldn't I have the Veteran and Commited Emblem? If there are certain requirements I still haven't met, then thats okay, I was just wondering. ^_^
(And, it's me, so, you know I'm confused. XD )

Archer
January 16th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Also, anyone want to fix this typo:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4805/smilieny9.png

8D;
No, it's correct. It means you need similies like a dog needs it's bone. :D Horrible pun aside, that could make a decent emblem...

moments.
January 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Hey guys just wondering how exactly you get the 'PC is my Life' emblem? Well I know how, just wondering how you go about getting one as I have spent like way too long on PC nearly every day of these holidays.

ErickaVolt
January 21st, 2009, 01:25 AM
Hey guys just wondering how exactly you get the 'PC is my Life' emblem? Well I know how, just wondering how you go about getting one as I have spent like way too long on PC nearly every day of these holidays.

I think you need to be online in 6-12 hours in PC. Then you get it by requesting. That's all the thing I know.

moments.
January 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
I am sure I have been online for at least 6 hours for at least one day these holidays..
Who can I request from or how can I find out if I have been online that long?

ErickaVolt
January 21st, 2009, 02:21 AM
I am sure I have been online for at least 6 hours for at least one day these holidays..
Who can I request from or how can I find out if I have been online that long?

Admins? Btw I think you should be online everyday and not just holidays.

moments.
January 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
I am online everyday, just that for the holidays I have been on probably more than 6 hours every day.

ErickaVolt
January 21st, 2009, 02:32 AM
I am online everyday, just that for the holidays I have been on probably more than 6 hours every day.

Well you should request now. just don't keep in bugging them. >_>

moments.
January 21st, 2009, 02:37 AM
It isn't an emblem given by request.
Oh well, all this posting here probably makes me seem desperate.
Must get emblem at any expense!!!

Kyuukon
January 21st, 2009, 03:32 AM
lol, these are cool
it would be an honour to have one
or maybe a few lol

Swampert 22
January 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hey Hey!

May I please request the PC Veteren Emblem (member since September 2005), community supporter emblem and the PC is my life emblem, as I'm on most days even today I have been online for more than six hours! Geez I need to get a life... Thanks! This is a great idea!

May I also suggest a new emblem? How about the 'I gave something to PC' emblem, to show you have given something to the people here. Eg, I have made quite a few Hack Tools, so I would obviously qualify for this particular emblem! Also awardable to people like Alistair who has posted large quantities of sprites Coolboyman for his hacks etc.

Many Thanks!

Stronkadonk
January 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
That can be considered as the supporter emblem.
PC is my Life Emblem please.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 21st, 2009, 11:20 AM
PC is my life emblem please. i have been on this site almost everyday since i joined (not counting the short period when i had no internet, and that i tend to stay on for a long time.)

moments.
January 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Guys the 'PC is my Life' emblem is not requestable unfortunately.

Gumball Watterson
January 21st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Even IF it was requestable, it's not like many can get it anyways.

By what I've seen, I think the Smily emblem needs to be fixed. I see it as a typo really. So I demand it be fixed or I will NEVER post smilies again! >:0

BTW, half month till my veteran emblem :D.