PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Release Schedule Q1 '09

Nuke
December 16th, 2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=6699

UK release dates.

I really think its a poor line-up with Sonic's new game being the only intresting wii game and that will probably be a flop.

So, thoughts?

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Well thats for europe is it not? I mean the list of games. Anyway i really dont see how sonice should be the only good games. I mean there is pikmin and mario tennis with reworked wii controls. We could have a new batch of those but im pretty content with them as well. You also have house of the dead which sounds intresting. Mushroom men is certainly worth your money and so is deadly creatures. Sim animals should be intresting as well. Sonic as you stated and mad world. Oh dear god the second one will have me hooked on wii. You also have kororinpa 2 which is a bit of a cheesy game but addicting. Now for the ds...
Sim animals. My god im seeing a lot of couples of games. Hopefully they link between ds and wii. Rune factory! Enough said for that one. What the hell?! No Q1 platinum release. Nah i know its Q2 not Q1. But i hoep is was for pal gamers. Thank god for importing and no region lock on ds. Also to me it seems you havent read the list fully. Or you are very picky about games.

Nuke
December 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I'm not very picky I'm just not interested in them games.

I might get Mario Tennis since I never got the chance to play it on Gamecube.

There really isnt many good games on there, House of the dead isnt my kind of game.

Ascaris
December 16th, 2008, 07:31 AM
A fail lineup if there ever was one.

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Wow i guess the quality games look for these days is all bam bam kill kill or something. I mean ok its a bit weak but hell as i stated some are very good in there.

Nuke
December 16th, 2008, 07:36 AM
For alot of people FPS games are the top quality, I like a few every now and then but that line-up isnt bad because it lacks FPS.

Its bad because it has a poor platformer with a dodgy camera, remakes of old games, a couple of decent games and then tons of shovelware.

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Well i absolutely hate fps. I really dont see how violence is fun. Well yeah i mean never mind im contradicting myself as i really want to play mad world which should be the most brutal game. And a lot of shovelware is there i know but the rest that i mentioned are top notch games.

Ascaris
December 16th, 2008, 08:04 AM
FPSs' and racing games don't really work with the Wii's controls.

Forci Stikane
December 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Pirates versus Ninja (SouthPeak Games) Feb 2009

That made me chuckle a bit. :)

Well, this being for the UK explains the lack of Platinum away, I suppose, and I agree that the collection of games isn't exactly fantastic. However, at least there are those few gems included in the list (Sonic and the Black Knight, Pikmin).

FPSs' and racing games don't really work with the Wii's controls.

Please play Metroid Prime 3.

Harry Blue5
December 16th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I thought there'd be more Mario games. He is literally there mascot, main Nintendo character, oh... and also Number one in top character charts (Apart from where I am, which Sonic just beat him into number one, well done Sonic, but really, it's those two competing from Number One. They are literally the most popular characters ever).

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Like ichaste said please play metroid 3. If you think that doesnt work i seriously dont know whats going on with todays gamers.

Heart's Soul
December 17th, 2008, 05:16 PM
No, I surveyed all 316 students of my school and mainly all who actually do play games chose FPS and Racing instead of Casual-Hardcore mix that Kirby and Mario have to offer and the Casual with Wii Fit. Only 5% like these games, so that should be 3 guys in my class, 3 other guys, and 1 girl. So... I have something wrong with M games, as I don't really like them. Not my style.

Ayano Katagiri
December 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
None of the DS line up looks that appealing for me, there are a couple Wii titles that sound good though. But this is the UK Q1, I wonder what else is coming out elsewhere...

Mitchman
December 18th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Should be good stuff elsewhere. I hope Q2 is better for ds. Oh wait it is. Platinum makes the list shine for Q2.

Nuke
December 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I thought the DS line-up was better than the wii one.

Its almost okay.

Heart's Soul
December 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Darn! UK got de Blob for DS and Walk with Me, while we got mostly everything else here.

Fox♠
December 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wow i guess the quality games look for these days is all bam bam kill kill or something. I mean ok its a bit weak but hell as i stated some are very good in there.

No what I like in a game is for it to not be made for 3 year olds or yet another half arsed Mario spin off.

I dunno, I like a game with a little, you know, substance?

And no, you didn't. You stated some very mediocre games that you've not played yet.

wakachamo
December 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Ubisoft needs to die a slow, painful death.

spike6958
December 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Platinum makes the list shine for Q2.

UK will not see it till Q3 or even Q4, thats what it was like with both D/P and PBR, not sure about with PMD2 or PR2, good thing for me i know a shop near my home that gets all the big US DS games on the day there released in the US, so i'll not have to wait for Platinum.

Mitchman
December 20th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Q2 by late july-early august spike. Same as the dp release.

Nuke
December 20th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Q4 for platinum is really unrealistic.

Depending on the US dates, the UK will get it Q2-Q3 but on one of the earliest Q3 dates if so.

billionbucks25
December 20th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I'm desparatly waiting for the wii sports resort

Mitchman
December 20th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah that too. Im mostly buyingf it due to motion+ and how much i loved my wii sports. Now its unplayable from bad habits and scratches. Hopefully it has tennis on there. Also they ported pikmin game has a new save system and mario tennis has an easy mode with wii sports style tennis. Im mostly going to be using the old style of controlling my character. Maybe we could get new characters and courts.