PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Surgery?

Soul Eater
December 16th, 2008, 5:29 PM
What do you think about plastic surgery? Alot of people get it to get bigger breast sizes or to change how they look...do you think they should change what they are because they don't like it or stay the way they are?

I think using plastic ssurgery just because you want bigger breasts or to make your nose smaller is stupid. You should be happy with the way you are.

The only advantages their should be for plastic surgery is for medical reasons because sometimes people can be born with birth defects and at times if it disables them from doing things, it should be an option for them to get something down to fix them, if they want it.

Gunn
December 16th, 2008, 5:58 PM
If people want to have plastic surgery, then that's fine. I hear that it boosts their self-esteem, since a lot of people actually become stressed because they don't like they way they are. I often hear about how addicting it becomes and people go out and spend thousands of dollars just for tiny things, like lifting the eyes. It maybe not be something for you or me, but it's really not my concern.

.inLOVE
December 16th, 2008, 5:59 PM
It is weird and creepy to me. BOO!

Spaekle Oddberry
December 16th, 2008, 6:09 PM
It isn't anyone else's business what an individual decides to do with their body. It's their choice to deal with the issue in such a way, and it's their choice to put forward the money to have it changed. It's not affecting anyone but them.

December 16th, 2008, 6:09 PM
boosts their self-esteem
Problem: research suggests that self-esteem does not exist...only self-confidence.

I am strongly against plastic surgery with one exception...if you have your face deformed from some accident beyond your control (a car accident, dog, or something), you really should have it 'mended'. After all, it would be difficult going into public not looking too 'normal'...employers would subconsciously discriminate against such poor people.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 16th, 2008, 6:52 PM
If you have a cleft pallet or something, go ahead. Similarly, if you have something that is actually weird (not necessarily broken or diseased, just weird) like...one really big bewbie and one really small bewbie.

That's fine

What gets me is when people are like 'OMG, i'm only a DD, I need to be twenty times bigger! give me that silicone!' That is un-natural, a waste of time, resources and money and really quite pathetic.

Thomas
December 16th, 2008, 7:02 PM
I think that if they get it for self esteem it is Ok, and also stuff like breast reductions are ok, but If you are doing it for superficial reasons, then I think it is stupid.

Azonic
December 16th, 2008, 7:05 PM
I think using plastic ssurgery just because you want bigger breasts or to make your nose smaller is stupid. You should be happy with the way you are.Well, that's easier to say than to really do. I mean, an averagely beautiful person could easily say some words like that, but you really have to put yourself into someone who's truly ugly's shoes. Some people aren't happy with the way they look, and I find that perfectly understandable. Some people are naturally prettier than others. I personally have no problem with someone who wants to have plastic surgery.

I wouldn't get it myself though.

Trap-Eds
December 16th, 2008, 7:22 PM
If it's for medical reasons, then sure, go ahead. But if it's just so you can be the hottest girl/guy on the planet, then..........it's your money, go ahead and waste it.

True Reign
December 16th, 2008, 9:28 PM
Really; Does it matter?

People can choose to have plastic surgery if they really wanted too. If you want my opinion, it should not be our concern to worry about another person's 'problem'.

Well, that's easier to say than to really do. I mean, an averagely beautiful person could easily say some words like that, but you really have to put yourself into someone who's truly ugly's shoes. Some people aren't happy with the way they look, and I find that perfectly understandable. Some people are naturally prettier than others. I personally have no problem with someone who wants to have plastic surgery.
I completely agree with this... Some people just don't like the way they look and it's their choice to enhance their beauty through surgery if need be.

Spinor
December 16th, 2008, 9:47 PM
I think using plastic ssurgery just because you want bigger breasts or to make your nose smaller is stupid.

But it does all male seers some good

Well, I'm neutral in this point, if you want surgery for appearance or medical necessity, then why not? If it dose man-kind some good, then it's ok with me.

Aurafire
December 16th, 2008, 9:48 PM
Well, some people need plastic surgery for injuries and such. As for doing it just to improve your appearance...I'm not sure. I suppose something minor wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but to go as far changing the way you actually look (Example: Michael Jackson XD), it doesn't seem with the time and money to put yourself through that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. =P

Virtual Chatot
December 17th, 2008, 5:41 AM
If it's for injuries, I'm completely ok with it. If it's for emasculating your body parts to make yourself more attractive, you're an idiot.

Ryusheika
December 17th, 2008, 8:29 AM
If it's for injuries, I'm completely ok with it. If it's for emasculating your body parts to make yourself more attractive, you're an idiot.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Most people are self-conscious about the way they look, and it's sad.

jasonresno
December 17th, 2008, 9:50 AM
It's honestly up to the person who wants it. If it will make them feel better and feel like they look nicer than that is a luxury that they can pursue.

Jessie
December 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
It really doesn't matter to me, I mean I wouldn't do it, but if you want to make yourself look fake, go right ahead. It's actually quite comical if you do it for personal reasons.

I'm all for having plastic surgury to fix injuries and stuff.

Oppip
December 17th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not against and i don't like it, if people want to change how they look they can go ahead and do it as long as they don't make me do it.

but i guess it makes the person feel better so ya.

Angela
December 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
What do you think about plastic surgery? Alot of people get it to get bigger breast sizes or to change how they look...do you think they should change what they are because they don't like it or stay the way they are?

I think using plastic ssurgery just because you want bigger breasts or to make your nose smaller is stupid. You should be happy with the way you are.

The only advantages their should be for plastic surgery is for medical reasons because sometimes people can be born with birth defects and at times if it disables them from doing things, it should be an option for them to get something down to fix them, if they want it.
OMG I wrote a 5 page essay for my school this winter on this subject,

To sum it up, I'm all for surgery for those who need it, like the victims of breast cancer, or burn victims, or a victim of a car accident, then I'm not against it if people that are really ugly and need to go to surgery to look better, I mean if it make you feel and look better then do it,

Tho I'm against it when people come addicted to the surgeries and are already beautiful and turn them self into dolls.

wakachamo
December 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Meh, people do whatever they want nowadays. It's not our business to tell them what not to do.

Jorah
December 17th, 2008, 1:08 PM
Don't know why people care really, if it's for either injury or to improve how you look. Is it really too much different from wearing make-up everyday? I however, wouldn't have it done, I couldn't bear to be cut up, blah.

kidpunk
December 17th, 2008, 3:52 PM
I don't have a problem of what people do to themselves. It's their life, and they can live it however they want to. Whether they want to lose some weight or get a face lift, it's really none of my buisness.

Gunn
December 17th, 2008, 4:03 PM
Is it really too much different from wearing make-up everyday?

Plastic surgery isn't much different from make up if you think it over. Neither is dying your hair, cutting it, jewelry, piercings, and tattoos; just a step bigger towards enhancing your attractiveness.

sims796
December 17th, 2008, 5:10 PM
I'm actually appauled by the sheer number of people against plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes. I'm glad you've found that special authority in life to dictate when a person can get plastic surgery. Sure, YOU have enough self confidence, but you apparently have so much, you can tell others how they should feel, and what they should do with their own bodies. I'm glad you've found this right.

Personally, I wouldn't get it done, but only because I am far too good-looking.

God
December 17th, 2008, 7:01 PM
Lets say you have a horrible disease called fugly syndrome, and the only way to cure it is to have plastic surgery done in place where it is infected, then thats fine.

If it raises someones self-confidence from...-1 to over 9000 (lol), then sure.

But if its like Michael Jackson, then stfu & gtfo.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 17th, 2008, 7:17 PM
Injuries are obviously alright, and overall I don't have problems with, if people really have issues with their skin or perhaps the alignment of their nose or something (I have a tiny ugly scar from chicken pox when I was like 7 under my left eye that I wouldn't mind somehow covering up).

I guess depending on the situation. I agree with the above makeup statements, though.