PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Cruise [Rated 18+]

Kogenta
December 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Introduction:
Welcome to the S.S. Maria, one of the finest luxury cruise ships you will find anywhere. Thank you for joining us on our voyage. We hope you have found your accommodations satisfactory. Breakfast is served from 6:30 - 11:00 to cater to both early and late risers. Lunch lasts from 11:00 to 3:30, followed immediately by dinner, which will be available until 9:00 PM. Hungry for a midnight snack? We have you covered with our 24-hour room service. And all our chefs have had top notch training from culinary schools around the world. In fact, you will find that the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need and want.

Regrettably, however, I must inform you of a minor change to our cruise schedule. The S.S. Maria will not be docking at the next port. Actually, the S.S. Maria will not be docking at all. Not until you fulfill certain . . . requirements. Now I understand that you came here for a vacation and are not eager to spend it working. No need to worry. If you recall reading about this cruise in your brochure, you will know that this voyage was to be made unique by its special activities. In other words, all you need to do is play a game the ship will be hosting, and if you are good enough at it we may be able to write the next port back into our schedule.

The rules of the game are as follows:
Each of you will be given the name of one other passenger. Your goal is to kill this passenger. Be aware that someone else is targeting you as well, so keep your guard up. As I stated before, the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need. While, unfortunately, we were unable to procure any explosives or firearms, fireplace pokers and steak knives are quite effective. Did I mention we have an archery room? And a mini museum with a medieval exhibit? Once you have successfully eliminated your target, you will be given the deceased's target as your new one. We are not barbarians, so we will not ask you to kill until only one person remains. You need only narrow your numbers to two for the game to finish. Also, we are not fans of mindless slaughter. So we ask that the only circumstances under which you kill another person are that they are your given target or they attempt to kill you. Should you choose to disregard this rule, you will be . . . eliminated. Heh.

Teaming up with other players is allowed--even encouraged--though you ought to be careful who you trust.

If you have any questions, simply dial 0 on the phone in your room. Oh, and one more thing: Have fun.

Roleplaying:

Once the characters have joined the roleplay, I will PM you your target and post the room assignments. I will not be joining in the game myself, but will be playing the NPCs and monitoring the ship's activities. In minor instances, you may control the NPCs (ex: ordering food). But for more major plot points, such as attempting to bribe a waiter, please leave the response for me to roleplay (Technically the crew is neutral and cannot help you. But while they will not actually kill for you, some crew members may be persuaded to help set someone up). By talking to the crew members, you can find out more about their personalities and see if/how they might be of use to you.

Since everyone on the ship was essentially expecting a luxury cruise, a highly convincing explanation will be needed to account for anyone bringing any weaponry aboard that is on a level beyond a pocket knife. Furthermore, security would probably take away any questionable items they found prior to boarding (to avoid endangering anyone, naturally).

Occasionally "special events" may occur throughout the roleplay that you may use to your advantage.

Since people will be dying in the roleplay, please be good-natured about your deaths and not too stubborn or unrealistic in your attempts to live. If you see someone charging at you with a knife, feel free to dodge and/or flee. But if you find yourself locked in the oven after being stabbed thirty times and beaten over the head with a frying pan . . . Well, death seems a likely scenario. If I find that reason is not an effective way to decide death in this roleplay, I will switch to a randomizing system.

Because of the particular degree of character interaction involved in this roleplay, being active becomes especially important. I say this half for myself, since I know I have a tendency to disappear from roleplays. But please only sign up if you intend to be an active player in the game. I understand that unexpected circumstances may arise, and at times you may not be able to post as much as others. If you find yourself unable to post on a more extended or permanent level and desire to withdraw from the roleplay, please inform me, and we can arrange with your murderer for your character's demise.

Note: If some of you notice a resemblance between this RP and a certain online game . . . This RP was partially inspired by that game. Since I have never actually played that game, though, hopefully this will be a little different. ^-^;;

Major Crew Members:
The crew members listed below are ones that have specific personalities. Since your character does not know anything about them yet, I will not be posting profiles so that you will not know about them either. Getting to know these people is not a requirement for playing the game, but it has the potential to provide some advantages.

Chef Paul
Doctor Mortimer
Waiter Jack
Waitress Lily
Repairman Will
Twin Workers Sam and Terry (They deliver for room service, clean rooms, etc.)
Captain Fin

Ship layout:

- The ship has five levels. -

The bottom level is used only for storage.

The next level up has people's rooms (numbers 100 - 120) arranged around a roughly U-shaped hall (composed only of straight lines) as well as a boiler room for backup heating and/or power. The stairs are at one end of the U, with a closet across from the stairs at the U's base and the boiler room at the other side of the U base. Lower numbers are closer to the stairs.

The floor above this also consists of rooming (200 - 220) and has a similar layout, but with a theater instead of a boiler room.

The next floor up joins with the main deck and includes the dining hall, ballroom, activities rooms (billiard room, archery room, ping pong room, miscellaneous room), aforementioned miniature museum, kitchen, utilities room, and medical office. It also has a sitting room and a few closets. On the deck outside is a pool.

The fifth/top level has a piece of open deck outside the navigation office. Passengers are not allowed here unless granted permission. This is where records and logs are kept.

Rules:

1. Follow the RP section rules (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4006659#post4006659). This includes a minimum of four lines per post and no control over another person's character (a little difficult given the context, but also highly important for the same reasons (context)) unless given specific permission by the character's owner.

2. If you plan to be absent for a significant amount of time (over a week), give prior notice.

3. Obviously this roleplay will include some violence. Creativity is encouraged, but please avoid being too graphic.

4. Minimal cursing, please. Cursing is a wholly realistic response to having a knife placed in your arm, but for the more extreme curses a "@#!$" type of substitute would be appreciated.

5. No attacking the captain or crew (unless they attack you).

Sign-up:

Name: Self-explanatory, less than thirty characters per name
Age: Sorry, but no 5-year old killers. Minimum age is 14.
Gender: Male or female . . . or both, if you want, I guess.
Appearance: At least four lines of description, please. You may have an image in addition, if you so desire, but the written portion is required.
Personality: At least four lines, please.
History: Due to the nature of this roleplay, history may not be as influential as in other RPs. But I find it important to personality and general character quality. So at least three lines, please. Also, include some indication as to why your character has joined the cruise, even if the reason is merely "He was looking for a relaxing vacation," though the reason must be consistent with personality.
Skills: Any noteworthy skills? Though you may include some fighting skills, I would prefer that not everyone be blackbelts in three martial arts and former assassins. Makes the game more interesting. Normal people killing normal people.
Other: ?
RP Sample: Please either type out your sample here or, if is from another RP thread, quote it along with a link to the thread of its origin. Since I want a more thorough view of your RPing style, eight line minimum.

This might be too much to hope for from the Other Roleplay section, but I am hoping for at least seven players. Maximum ten.

------------------------

Pending:
~Iatos_Haunted~

Accepted:
TwilitDusk
Rabbit
Callandor
Captain Blue
JBCBlank
Allelujah Haptism
~|symphony♪
.Sublime
Lostt
Serene
Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen

Sign-ups are closed.

Loki
December 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't say anything in the discussion thread, which you really shouldn't have posted seperately FYI, (I left it there though because this section is so dead. x_x) but I have interest in this RP.

Er, finals are over for me in two days, and at that point, I should be able to get a sign-up done, but as of now, y'know. :| It's kind of not possible.

So just a heads up that I'ma be sending a sign-up your way, and that I might take awhile for school issues. D:

Rabbit
December 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Would I be allowed to sign up as two characters, brother and sister?

Kogenta
December 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I didn't say anything in the discussion thread, which you really shouldn't have posted seperately FYI, (I left it there though because this section is so dead. x_x) but I have interest in this RP.

Er, finals are over for me in two days, and at that point, I should be able to get a sign-up done, but as of now, y'know. :| It's kind of not possible.

So just a heads up that I'ma be sending a sign-up your way, and that I might take awhile for school issues. D:

Sorry about that. ^-^;; And no problem with the finals. I only recently finished mine myself.

Would I be allowed to sign up as two characters, brother and sister?

Hm. I like the idea, and in a normal RP I would allow it, but I think in this case it would provide too much advantage. Sorry.

Captain Blue
December 18th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I'll be sending a sign-up as well. Probably sometime today. It might take me a bit to decide which character out of the fairly large base of charadters I will use.

Callandor
December 18th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Yo, me be sendin SU later. oh and if you are still cheaking the descution thred I put a question that I think you might want to think about.

Brad
December 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I would also like to reserve good sir. Thank you.

Loki
December 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Done~!

Name: Victor Vien
Appearance: Vic may be far from his youngest years, but at heart and at first glance, he looks nearly an entire decade younger than he actually is. He keeps up a regular schedule at his local gym, toning well-built muscles, keeping slim, and looking young. His manner of dress is that of a teenager, with a long bright green T-shirt with messy black graphics printed across the front and around the back, over a sagging pair of loose, distressed jeans. The jeans sit low on his waist, but are held tightly in place from slipping any further with a studded leather belt. On his feet are a pair of black skater shoes with neon blue laces, tied across the sneaks in bars. His slender face has sharp and narrow features give him a somewhat menacing look when combined with his general look, but his hair is cut short, styled just so that the longest strands fall between his eyes and barely obstruct the vision in his left eye, which is a bright powdery blue. His right eye- almost black in color- is situated directly below the part in his dyed, reddish black hair, and thus leaves him a free line of vision. He wears two bracelets on his right wrist; One made of bicycle chains, and the other of generic chain links. A necklace matching the first bracelet lies flat around Vic’s neck, a sterling silver skull hanging from the middle. On his right middle finger is stainless steel ring that reaches the first joint, the word “T R I C K Y” engraved into the steel platings.

Personality: Very much like a teenager in appearance, Vic acts like one as well. A young man who lucked out when his wealthy grandparents passed away, Vic has yet to see a need to grow out of his attitude, spending most of his time hanging out in auto shops with his crew. His normal pattern of speech is that of a west side ghetto kid, but if he really finds it necessary, he’ll revert to regular grammar and drop the accent. He looks like the type of guy who’d be the first to mug you on the streets, but he’s an incredible amiable guy, easy to talk to and easy to get along with. Vic is the first to try something new, and he’s always looking for an adventure, something to kill time with, or just something to add to his life story. He hates pessimistic people, and he always tries his best to lighten the mood whenever he can. Though he could probably bust someone’s skull, Vic hates fighting the most, and it’s one of the few things that can get his temper riled- and when his temper is up, he’ll seem exactly the way his image presents him, talking with his usual abbreviations and tacking on extra words no matter who he’s with. The touchiest subject for Vic by far is his age. Though all his friends are his age as well, he hates growing older, because the idea, for him, says that someday, he’ll have to grow up and leave behind his fun. And fun is what Victor Vien lives for.

History: Being the youngest of three brothers, the least was expected of Vic when it came to responsibilities and work. As such, he often spent times running off the leash, meeting people who he'd probably have been better off never meeting, and at times, meeting people whom he'd be tight with for the rest of his life. His flexibility and desire for new things launched him into dancing- mostly street dancing. He wasn't the type to limit himself just because of his image though- He tried all kinds, watching in on ballet, jazz, even tap- which he learned wasn't really his cup of tea. But trying things out first was always his way to do things. He was the first to visit his cranky grandparents, ignoring the cautions of his olders siblings that the old coot would chew him out alive. It was in this way that Vic managed to somehow become a major inheritor of his grandfather's fortune after the man's death. Practically set for life, Vic resolved to try one big experience every year- but lay low on the cash for the rest of the year, except for his grandfather's anniversary, in which he would spent a portion of his "me time" money in order to renovate the grave and set up new offerings. On his 26th birthday, he decided that the next time there was a lull in activity on the streets and he found himself bored, he would book a ride on a cruise. His "big" experience for the year. And he somehow ended up on the S.S. Maria, ready to relax and find some civilized people for just a little while of his life.

Skills: Vic is an excellent dancer, primarily spending time on break dancing and hip hop, though he has a general understanding of the steps of quite a handful of other dances as well.

RP Sample: Dimitri’s expression was one of a lightly surprised look as he shifted his foot, turning the skyboard around to face the grief-stricken but otherwise young looking girl. (A soldier? Above grounders. Absolutely no regard for age.) However many surprise attacks, anything involving violence seemed to have very little effect on him. His hands casually set in his pockets, Dimitri tilted his head to look at the spear jutting through Yuki’s chest, bringing it back upright when it was removed. As far as Dimitri could tell, he would live. Unless he was as pretty-rich-boy as he seemed, in which he would simply bleed to death and be done with his apparently not-so-happy life. Standing silently on his skyboard, he looked over his shoulders, checking to see if there was possibly any other raving mad soldier left in grief and despair running up to stab him in the back. Nope. No one that he could see, thank goodness. While he failed to bring his entire head to face the new enemy, Dimitri’s eyebrows raised ever so slightly when he slid his gaze back to the scene. He slid off his skyboard, leaning his elbows on the smooth surface. Seeing that this would be yet another hold-up that might take some time, he wasn’t really interested in putting unesseccary strain on his most precious possession. And besides, the two iron pipes he’d brought with him ran across the sides of the skyboard. With his arms like this, it would be easier to whip them out and catch the tip of the spear in it’s hollow confines if the mad-woman decided to attack. He let his eyes move to Pethalamine as she spoke, listening quietly but not really understanding what she meant.

"You know, I'm surprised that, given how easy you are to distract, you haven't led us straight into a sneak attack yet!"

Hidden message? Nothing of the sort, to Dimitri. If anyone wanted to get through a thickheaded person like him, they needed to wink first, and give him at least five minutes to think it through. “Come on guys, chill out for a second! She wants us to answer her questions, so before another one of us,” [i]’With more worth to the goodness of humanity, unlike mister ego on the floor over there,[i]’ Dimitri added to himself, as he looked around at his temporary companions, “gets attacked, let’s let the little lady calm down, y’know?” Turning back to Saria he smiled and tried to think back on what she’d asked, accidentally rambling off yet again.

“Well, Miss, we didn’t do anything to these soldiers, other than gawk a bit. And quite honestly, I think it’s rather hypocritical of you to be having a huge fit over your father’s death, considering that your friends and possibly, yourself, were all stampeding through town killing every person in sight left and right. Did you think that all the people in town have absolutely no relation with each other? Did you think that none of the bodies in the river don’t have a family? I mean, I’m very sorry about your father and I don’t mean to be rude but you really should think it through before you go around stabbing people.” Dimitri took a second look at the girl’s face however and heaved a heavy sigh, “…Not that you look like you’ve got any inclination to think about it, let alone listen to me…. But you seem interested in answers, so back to your questions. Please pay attention if it’s convenient.”

“First, ‘who are we’. Well we’re just various people, some who came for the festival the soldiers spoiled, me a resident of the town, my place trampled by a bunch of strangers, and well they have their own little story that isn’t involved with this mess. Then, what we did to your friends… We didn’t do squat to your comrades, but I’m assuming your comrades are those dead people over there? Oh wait if they are, I take that back.” The punk-teen rubbed his chin, remembering how he met Soren, Yuki, and Miki to begin with. “I accidentally ran into one awhile back with my skyboard because I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. We don’t know who your father is, so we- or at least, I, don’t have any motive for killing him; therefore, unless he’s the guy I ran into earlier- which, I’m very sorry if that was your old man- we didn’t kill him, it was probably someone else who’s also running for their lives, or possibly a mutiny?”

Dimitri’s lack of being in a peaceful environment for half of his life was definitely shining through by the sheer fact that he was as calm as still water, even after someone who was supposed to be his comrade, albeit disagreeable, was near-fatally or fatally stabbed. “So if the guy I killed was your dad, then it’s my fault, not the pretty boy on the floor over there. Actually someone should probably tend to that hole in his torso…”

Callandor
December 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Name: Zephaniah Xylon

Appearance: Zeph has short black hair, but usualy ware's a black bandana with a white lotis pattern, so you don't see his hair much of the time. He has a red and black sleeveless shirt under a black silk t-shirt with Bruce Lee and a Chinese dragon on it. He also wares blue jeans. He wares brown sandals. No socks. He has a rather large body weighing around 250 lbs, but he is tall for his age and because of that his weight is distrubuted evenly enough so that he doesn't not look to big. When off his medicine he is alawys scowling. The only time he smiles is when he is thinking evil thoughts, and then his smile is filled with malice. His eyes are, strangely, a crystal blue color. They would be consitered beautiful if it weren't for the malice and hate on his face.

Personality: He has extreme paranoia. And I don't mean stuff like the aliens are after him. And not nessaceraly every one is out to get him. I mean stuff like eneryone is out to get everyone else. He sees scheming evey where. So he himself started schemeing. It's so extreme that he mastered the art of trap making (through detailed books), and boobie traped his whole house one time. More on that in history. He takes medicine for it though. When on his medicine he is a major wimp and compleatly dependent on others to do anything. Can't do a thing by him self, like even simple problem solving. When off his medicine he is not only paranoid but extremely inteligent, and compleatly independent. Dispite the paranoia though, he has enough common sence to relize that locking himself up will accoplish nothing (when hes not on his pills). And concitters it his duty to stop the schemeing at any cost.

History: As said above he's lived his whole life with an extreme case of paranoia. At age 13 it became so bad that he boobie traped his whole house while his family was out. It took the local bomb squad to get rid of all the traps. After that incedent he was taken to the doctor to see if they could do any thing about it. The doctor give him some kind of liquid tablet that he has to take every 5 hours. Because it made him so dependant on others for so many things, he had to be home schooled, and even had to stay with his family after the age 18. At age 17 he actualy went for 10 hours without taking his medicine. It ended with his grandma and grandpa dead. After that he figured out how to fake being on it. After 3 years, to his family, it looked like he was getting better. So to celibrate, they sent him on a cruse. This cruse.

Skills: Master Trap Maker (so long as he has his tools that is)

Other: Often has an intence craving for breaded chickin. He also has ADD.

RP Sample: Zeph was so hungry. He had never been this hungry before. He couldn't remember the last time he ate or what food tasted like. Zeph had been starving for about four weeks before today, unable to find any food in the ruins of his old neighborhood. He was on the knifes edge of starvation. Only a few more hours before he died. Then he heard voices. Too weak to do anything he just lay their, eyes open though they might as well have been closed.

"Man, are you sure this is the guy were looking for? He looks like he’s half starved to death," said one guy.

"More like three-fourths starved. Come on lets get him back to the base before he keels over," said the other one.

They picked him up and carried back to the RumbleRena base. An hour later Zeph awoke to the smell of…. Something he didn’t quite recognize in a small room with nothing but a small table, the bed he was in and a door, but as soon as he realized what the smell was, he shot up out of the bed he was in. Food, it was food. He saw a bowl of oatmeal on the table, and immediately began eating. When he was done with it, he saw five more bowls on another table in a corner and ran over and began scarfing down all of them. He felt like something was wrong, but couldn’t put his finger on it or even find enough reason to care. I have FOOD! He thought.Half way through the third bowl though he found reason to care. Behind him the door had opened to admit nearly thirty armed soldiers. As soon as Zeph realized that, he activated his Alter power, spun around and clapped. With the use of his power he not only amplified it but shot it at ten different soldiers. All ten dropped dead from burst vital organs.

“Halt!” yelled someone still in the hall. He pushed through to the front and with all the soldiers still pointing guns at Zeph said “I want you to participate in some kind of…..game, yes that’s it, a game. You will be fighting artificial Alter users. How does that sound? We will of course provide you with food and shelter.”

At first Zeph was doubtful, but was remedied of that as soon as he said Zeph would have food. Food. Finally food for sure. I’ll never starve again. "So all I have to do is fight some factory rejects and I’ll get food?"

“Yes,” said the man.

Zeph thought he might like this arrangement. After all his father always used to say that a dead fake is a good fake.

Done(I hope)

ANARCHit3cht
December 20th, 2008, 07:44 AM
NVM, sorry I gotta cancel that reservation.

Kogenta
December 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Lostt removed from reservation list upon request.

Allelujah Haptism: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT], awaiting profile completion. By the way, may I change this RP's discussion thread in the lounge to an OOC thread?

Callandor: What you have so far is a fair start. But although you met my line minimum, the nature of your character brings up a few questions. Mostly I wonder where he learned to make traps and why someone who is either paranoid or highly dependent came to the cruise (I forgot to include that question in the sign-up. ^-^;;). If you expand on and explain the points you already have in your profile and RP sample, I think you might be alright. For the moment, [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

-------------------------

On that note, I edited the "History" section of the sign-up with the following: "Also, include some indication as to why your character has joined the cruise, even if the reason is merely 'He was looking for a relaxing vacation,' though the reason must be consistent with personality."

TwilitDusk
December 21st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Name: Ken (Real first name Hiken) Kuroyami or Inaba (Real first name Hiken) Shinjin (real last name Kuroyami)

Appearance: Ken has two normal outfits he changes between each day, and a suit for formal occasions packed. In addition, he has a Kendo uniform. His first pair of casual clothes is a white T-Shirt with black sleeves, and a small brand name and emblem on a chest pocket. His second outfit is the same colors as the first, but reversed - a black T-shirt with white sleeves. They are from the same brand. In either shirt, he wears a pair of blue jeans. His tuxedo and Kendo outfit are just standard ones without anything that makes them stand out at all. He has dark, spiky black hair, and black eyes. When he is "Inaba", he reverses the direction of the spikes, making them come forward from the back, instead of go backward from the front. He is fairly well-built from Kendo training, but not so much so that it seems out of place, as he's pretty tall, too.

Personality: Ken's a fairly easygoing person once you get him to relax, but usually comes off as somewhat distant and uptight. However, his second personality, Inaba, is somewhat more dangerous. He is as hot-blooded as Ken is cold, and as outgoing as Ken is easygoing. Which one you get along with depends on your own personality. However, both Ken and Inaba can pull off fairly decent impressions of the other. The one thing that both sides share is the idea that people should listen to them becuase they're more well off than others. When Ken and Inaba work together, they're at their best, however, due to their difffering views, it often hinders them.

History: Ken is a Japanese student with a talent for Kendo. After winning his most recent tounament, his parents surprised him with a cruise - he was from a very rich family, anyway. He has a split personality who calls himself Inaba, and is th opposite of Ken in most respects, though he shares a few fundamental traits. The most notable of these are that Inaba nad Ken are both equally skilled at Kendo, and they both believe themsleves to be a bit above others who are not as rich as them. This isn't a common thing to notice, but it still exists.

Skills: Other than his talent for Kendo, there is really nothing much to be mentioned. Inaba is an very fast runner, however, something that Ken lacks for an unknown reason.

Other: Has split personalities.

RP Sample:

Inaba gave a ridiculously cheesy grin, the kind that, in an anime, would have a dumb pose and sparkling teeth to go along with it. His hair was then blown back by a turn of the breeze, which instantly killed his mood. He looked like Ken when it faced that way. Quickly turning around so that it would stop blowing it the wrong direction, Inaba sighed. As long as the ship had headwinds, he couldn't look out at the sea if front of them... so instead he took to surveying the rest of the deck around him.

Ken looked over the people with an apathetic eye, brushing the hair back as it was blown the wrong way. He hated it like this... it kept getting in his face, and slightly hindering his vision. There was no one he could deem even remotely interesting to talk to, so he turned back to the ocean in front of them, staring back out at it as the oncoming wind blew his hair out of his eyes. Smiling by slightly turning up one corner of his mouth, Ken sighed happily. He hadn't felt this much at peace in a very long time...

Gulpin
December 21st, 2008, 07:34 AM
Darn, I hope that all the slots aren't taken! I'll have a sign up soon, please reserve me a spot.

Captain Blue
December 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
I've already been talking to you (Kogenta) about my sign-up, so I should have a reserved slot until I post the sign-up here, right?

Rabbit
December 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Name: Linda Clennell

Appearence: Aunt Linda is an 'older' lady with dark, staring eyes and a perpetually startled expression. THe mass of wrinkles on her face give her gravity. She has a plump, compact figure. Her hair is straight and brown with greying streaks in an unfashionable cut above her shoulders, sometimes in a short ponytail. She dresses in colourful wooly knit sweathers and sweeping skirts, sometimes trousers but never jeans. She wears comfortable brown shoes that she can jog in.

Personality: Aunt Linda is a well-meaning busybody. She keeps a wide circle of aquaintances through the time-honoured tradition of tea parties and gossip. Although her joints are getting stiff and she takes pills for her heart, she gets around without anyone's help. She lives alone in a one-bedroom townhouse on her schoolteacher's pension and what William sends her and keeps busy at home by organizing community groups and pottering around the garden. She sees no reason to step down to the younger generation. 64 isn't old, it's 'older'. Sometimes she works on small watercolours, but her dexterity isn't what it used to be. She enjoys reading and has a large bookshelf with poetry (Yeats and Eliot) and Shakesperean classics, but her favourite are paperback novels like Agatha Christie. She hates thinking ill of other people. Her impulse is to treat everyone under thirty like her children (or grandchildren) and tries to give them good advice. To strangers she may come off as a kindly, nosy, harmless old lady. Not capable of killing anyone.

History: Retired English teacher and some-time watercolour artist. Her watercolours are, to be frank, nothing special, but she is rather vain about them and very appreciative if anyone takes an interest in her work.

She has an adopted son named William who is very fond of her and has produced two grandkids, a boy and a girl. Her husband died in Vietnam. She's very proud of him, but also enjoys her status as a respectable widow. Bringing up William alone wasn't easy, but nothing is.

Her doctor has recommended a vacation, since she stresses easily over little things and is hectically busy within her community (Block Watch, newsletters, that sort of thing). William is paying for the
cruise.

Other: If anyone else makes a character over 30, I'll eat my hat. :P

RP sample:

The door opened instantly, as if the man behind it had been waiting for their arrival. In the poor light you could only make out his black hair and alert, grey-green eyes. He smiled at both visitors, saluted the lady, and ushered both in without saying a word, shutting the door behind them, and drawing the chain as they entered the dim hallway.

The one bare lightbulb on the living room's ceiling made the apartment look like a tornado cellar. The walls were bare, there was no furniture, no decorations except for the dusty horizontal blinds on the far window. The air was nearly as cold as the winter night outside. Once the light was turned off the apartment would look as if no one had been there, aside from, perhaps, the footprints on the carpet.

The man who'd opened the door was young, dressed for winter in a dark buttoned coat, and evidently in a good mood. Bringing his visitors through the entrance he'd stooped a little, though he wasn't tall, then stomped into the living room. Turning, looked his charges over with evident curiosity. "You look like you've been on the run. Is somebody going to come busting in through that door? We'd better hurry, then, the cab's out back. Patio entrance."

(much too brief, I know. I'll be more thorough in the roleplay.)

Kogenta
December 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
TwilitDusk: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

~|symphony♪: Spot [S-HIGHLIGHT]reserved[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Captain Blue: I listed you under [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT], which is vaguely similar to reserved, but . . . different. (I am not particularly articulate tonight. ^-^;;)

Rabbit: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

raven_emblem: Sorry, but your character will need more depth and your sample more quality for acceptance. For now, your sign-up is [S-HIGHLIGHT]rejected[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. (If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.)

TwilitDusk
December 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thank you!

So, is there another thread for RPing, or has it not started yet, or what?

Callandor
December 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
I am done. though it all depends on what you think, so good luck! wait.....what? never mind. just tell me if i'm accepted or not.

Captain Blue
December 22nd, 2008, 03:36 AM
Well, I finished ironing out some details with Kogenta, and here is the final version of the Sign-Up.

Name: Gregor Aurion
Appearance: Gregor has reddish-brown hair, which has an overall shine to it and a possible bedhead look. His eyes are brown, and his skin tone is negligibly more pale than most people. His skin is soft, and his hands are delicate, right down to the untarnished fingernails. He sports a green sleeveless vest on top of a white longsleeve t-shirt with a blue rounded collar and single blue band on the lower part of the right shoulder blade area. He has a brown messenger bag with the sash strap...thing...that people used to use for messenger bags. Below that are a pair of blue jeans and a pair of brown low-top shoes that have obviously been used to run for a long time.
Personality: Gregor is about as nice a man you could ever meet. He's against violence in all forms, preferring to talk things out, and will do no more than push someone out of his way in terms of aggression. Overall, not a good murderer...until you open his messenger bag. Opening the bag is like opening Pandora's box. Inside the bag is a doll's head very much resembling Gregor's ...but with a very twisted expression. Once the bag is opened, Gregor becomes a being with one objective: murder as many people as gruesomely as possible. Although he might be able to kill someone right away, he often prefers to stalk the target first. Once the murders are over, the murderous Gregor may or may not shut the bag, which returns Gregor to his innocent persona.
History: Gregor was a happy boy with a happy family...or so it seemed. Throughout Gregor's life he has seen several gruesome images. He saw a friend of his get abducted after a day at school. He followed the abductors, only to find that she was being raped. When he went through some of his father's old videos, the played videos were snuff films involving explicit gore and extreme torture of the human body. These are only a few examples, as he has always been seemingly cursed with being at the wrong place at the wrong time. However, he pushed those images into the back of his mind, where they would simply lie dormant until one day he became unstable, and the murderer within him emerged. Fighting this killing machine was the peaceful Gregor, who, for once in his life, at least within his mind, grabbed a chainsaw and decapitated the evil Gregor, stuffing the head into a messenger bag, as he could not throw away a part of himself. When he awoke the next day, he found that he had the same bag from that experience, with a doll's head resembling the evil persona's face inside, torn off a doll of himself he received as a child while he was asleep. Whenever the bag is opened, the evil mind takes over. The violent persona has caused Gregor to appear in several newspaper headlines due to mass murders. The police, SWAT Team, even the FBI has gotten in on locating him. However, due to the fact that no one has lived to see Gregor's face before they were killed, he has never been found. He took the cruise because he believed he would be able to relax, make friends, and have a joyous time away from the city, where crime is rampant.
Skills: Gregor, at least the man of peace, is incapable of violence, only able to shove someone out of his way. However, he seems to have near-infinite stamina when running away from something, and thus has the advantage when a would-be assailant misses his mark. The murderous monster, however, is able to take regular objects, such as a plastic bag, a pair of wire cutters, or even a flashlight, and murder someone with some grotesque or brutalizing method. He hides well in the shadows, and although he can fight hand-to-hand, he's not good at it. The body itself is also fairly weak regardless of which persona. People of heavy or muscular builds will easily be able to restrain him and win any physical confrontation, and the body does not take well to damage. However, the killer can simply work through the pain sometimes, or just go to a medical bay, take some painkillers, and be on his way. Other than that, no major skills.
RP Sample: Karim looked around, inspecting the monsters. Five skeletons, their bones shaking possibly due to anticipation of their next kill. "And here I thought I had gotten away when those inferior beings stopped chasing me.", he joked. He glanced at the green bracelet on his hand, and pondered the idea of using it. "Worth a shot.", he supposed. Pressing his right thumb onto the fingerprint scanner, and his body glowed bright, "blinding" the skeletons to keep them from attacking. The vest changed colors and became armored, as did the shirt. Karim felt his body becoming more agile as his shorts, socks, and sandals changed into the appropriate armor pieces. The feeling of pure freedom struck Karim's mind when a pair of wing-like objects emerged from his back. "Speed, freedom...now all that is required is the power.", said Karim, as the helmet formed around his head. He opened his palms, and a pair of mana swords formed. The transformation was complete, and the glowing had subsided.

The skeletons, however, were not incapacitated, and were instead enraged at the delay. Two skeletons looked at each other, nodded a stiff nod, and charged at Karim.

"It's now or never. Let's see what this new me can do!" He planted his feet on the ground, and glanced at the side briefly. Before he knew it, he was already there.

The two skeletons were bewildered by the sudden movement. However, the state did not last, as they searched for their target, who had just moved again. Every time they changed directions, he had already moved elsewhere, until the two felt themselves being a bit lighter...before they fell to the ground, the both of them sliced clean in half. The remaining three turned tail to run, but realized they had an easier method of retreating. They collapsed in a large pile of bones that sank into the sand.

"You'd better run! Next time I see you or any of your kind, there won't be survivors!", exclaimed Karim, in an appropriate egotistical tone.

raven_emblem
December 22nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
ok i'll try to add some more thank you

JBCBlank
December 23rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
*smiles* I know a lot of people who would adore the chance to kill me. So I'll give them that chance.

Name: Kyle Lopez
Gender: Male, (mentally turns female sometimes XD I shall explain bellow)
Appearance: Kyle (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/JBCBlank/scan0002-1.jpg) Tall for a Mexican, (6' 3"... wow!), his is thin of frame and fair of face, his mismatched eyes are a hereditary genetic mutation which he shares with his mother, or at least it was notable before his accident. Now his right eye is but a bruised black sphere which can not move, nor see. His short black hair is kept out of his face and away from his eyes as he likes it. His hands are large and end in pointed nails. On those hands you can see many scars, each has a story, and most are unpleasant. Other then that the rest of his body is immaculate, normally kept covered by the height of faction, black seems the dominant color. Save of course for very old and worn red Converse which he only takes off when he sleeps or showers.

Personality: Fresh out of Jail, Kyle has been hardened. Been made into the very thing he feared as a child. He hates all and will not listen to any, unless of course Breasts are speaking. He is a well known booze hound and will not hesitate to chase any woman who suits his fancy. Since he has not touched, or much less seen a proper woman in almost 23 years he is quite... handsy. Although, he can be a gentlemen when it is necessary, yet these moments are rare and far between.

Kayley can be quite the charmer, she is sweet and loves everyone who comes around. She is so nice to anyone that most find it hard to be around her, (at least that is what she thinks), She likes to care for people and would love to one day have a family of her own. Of course a Husband would help her out with this, but she is a good christian girl and will not directly speak to any man. She fallows the bible closely and does not understand why so many people call her a bad person, she does not recall committing any of the crimes she is accused of.

((confused? XD ))

History: Kyle was born in Iowa, as a boy he grew as most do, nothing to do and bored with life. That is until he turned 19 and discovered Heavy Metal. From that day forth his life revolved around Heavy Metal. He had his own band, a bunch of brutes, as his mother called them. They ran around making a mess of anything they could possibly find, until they went to far, They attacked a family who was out camping. They stole everything they had and left them there. Three days later the police came to Kyle's house, his friends had ratted him out and placed all the blame on him (some friends huh?). The trail didn't last long, all but the youngest daughter, who had hidden herself well and identified Kyle in the first place, had died of the beatings that they were put threw. Kyle was sentenced to life behind bars, on 5 counts of murder, 1 count of rape, 3 counts of theft, 2 counts of animal cruelty, and 27 counts of attempted bribery. After 15 years in jail, Kyle had beat up all of the room mates he had been given, they placed him in solitude, where he developed his second personality. Kyle learned of Kailey threw the prison psychiatrist; he begged the psychiatrist not to tell her that she was not real. And so, with Kayley's help Kyle was able to convince a judge of his insanity and was allowed to leave with a lighter sentence of life on probation. He then decided with his new freedom, he would shake off his Probation officer and make haste to anouther country. So what if he was on America's most wanted, no one watched that show anyway. by skipping across 5 states he was able to shake off the police where he then bought a ticket on the S.S. Maria, where he hoped to hop off when it ported some time and never be found by the Man again.

Skills: The Joint teaches one many things, where to punch a guy so that he dies, how long to sharpen a spoon to make it a knife. How to pick any lock. How to not swallow pills, how to know when there is something in you're food besides food.

Kayley can't do anything besides cook, clean, and make people uncomfortable. (And shamefully Kyle can not control her.)
Other: In case you did not notice.. there is a Split personality going on there.
RP Sample:

**Warning, Suggestion of Sex and possible foul language.**

Kyle sighed deep, "This is my kind of livin'." he lay beneath a beautiful girl whom he had met only minutes ago. She was perfect, as one would say, her curves excellent and her warmth, Heavenly. Kyle closed his eyes as his breathing grew heavy, such pleasure he had long since felt and he almost loved this woman for accepting his offer, of course after as many drinks as he had bought for her, she would have agreed to anything. And she did, he told her to turn over, she did, he ordered her to open her mouth, she did, he whispered that she swallow, and by God she did. Kyle was ecstatic, this girl was drunker then he was, and she kept asking for more. "Sleep my beauty, you need it more then I." he said to her as her eyes began to droop.

She mumbled something that he would never have any reason to remember and he made sure that she did not hear as he put his clothes on, opened the door and left. He smiled to himself, it was all for him, she wouldn't even remember, and since he had taken precautions, he could not be held responsible if something were to happen to her. He places his hands on the back of his head and yawned, he would need a place to sleep, he was supposed to get on that cruse tomorrow morning, perhaps he would sleep on the dock, or in the sand, who checked the beach? Walking swiftly he walked down to the dock where he found a soft spot of sand, he stretched out and ran over what he had done, yes it was worth it. As he drifted off he wondered what his second personality would do as he slept, she usually came out while he rested, he decided to put it from his mind, as long as she didn't wander all was good.

He fell asleep and as per usual Kayley opened her eyes and looked around, "W-where am I?" she wondered as she stood, "Why am I on a beach?" She found that she held something, holding it to her face she could scarcely make out the name of the ship, "I'm going on a cruise, since when?!" She looked around her and found a dirty pack beside her feet, That pack had always told her what she needed to know, hopefully It did now. He reached inside and found the notebook that somehow always had all of the answers, she riffled threw it and found the last page, by using the small lamp attached she read, "Today you bought a ticket on the S.S. Maria, you will go on the cruise and enjoy yourself." She blinked, "Well, you know me better then i do." she closed it and put it away, Why did she always find herself in such situations? What was wrong with her that no one wanted to be around her, she didn't feel any different then anyone else. She looked down at herself, she looked the same, ample breasts and feminine curves. Just as a woman should be. She ran her hands threw her hair, it was dark, not even worth worrying about it now.

((I lost inspiration... -.- they were bothering me over here.))

raven_emblem
December 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
i re edited mine so plz tell me what you think

Kogenta
December 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
TwilitDusk: The roleplaying will occur in this thread, but the roleplay itself has not started yet.

Callandor: Hm. If you agree to run your posts through a quick spell-check before posting, then [S-HIGHLIGHT]accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Captain Blue: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

JBCBlank: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT], though I have a clarifying question. When the personality switch occurs, does his/her body physically alter as well? (By the way, time for you to eat your hat, Rabbit.)

raven_emblem: Your RP sample was a little better, but I am going to leave your sign-up as [S-HIGHLIGHT]rejected[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

I plan to close sign-ups on December 27th. Please try to finish your profiles by then.

ANARCHit3cht
December 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Name:Jon Blaque
Appearance: Jon's age and personality really show in his looks. He is young, healthy, and a number of females find him charming. He has his on little work out plan that keeps him slim, and fit. He leads the life of a busy man, and is often in a suit. His suit is a white under shirt with a light black tie. Over that he wears a light black to dark gray overcoat with matching bottoms. On his feet are two black socks, that he crams into two very uncomfortable leather shoes that are that of a brown color. Jon's face is slender and has many distincive features like his deep auburn eyes, or his very narrow nose. His medium-length dark brown hair is always kept neat and clean. Forever painted on his face is a happy smile.
Personality:Jon is a serious, fun loving, goofball of a man. He has always been a goofball, a lot of times making fun of himself, or making little mistakes with a big consequence, He loves to have "Guys" night out. On these nights he will get absolutely smashed and lose all manner of good judgment. In the office, he likes it neat and clean, that is because of his obsessive compulsive disorder. He can't help, but to clean around his house and make it all neat and tidy. In his job, he is serious and doesn't crack jokes or anything of the sort. He knows when things are no longer funny(unless intoxicated) and then stops. He also doesn't make a joke out of everything(unless intoxicated.) Whenever Jon has an important assignment or task at hand, he will quit goofing off and get to it. If he any of his friends, or co-workers ties or anything are messed up, he will not hesitate to go over and fix it. As a boy, he was taught many card tricks and loves to perform them, it is something he enjoys and is good at to boot. If you need a shoulder to cry on, a person to talk all your troubles away with, Jon is the man. He listens to anyone no matter what they have to say.
History: Jon grew up with an average family, in a little less than average neighborhood. It was a small group of people living in a gated community. Everyone knew everyone, and it quite frankly drove him nuts. His mom worked as a nurse, and his dad a doctor. Jon,however, had a different passion than health. He wanted to be a lawyer, a lawyer who cares for his clients. This want to become a lawyer started when he got beat up by some neighborhood punks. They told everyone that Jon's father did it, and they framed him too. The cops believed them, and arrested him. He got a good lawyer who didn't stop until he found the truth, and set the innocent man free. Ever since then, Jon has had a strong passion for the law and justice. When Jon turned 25 he met the most beautiful girl of his life. Her name was Serena, and she absolutely dazzled him. They went for steady for about a year, and then Jon proposed her, and she agreed. As of now, they are fiance, fiancee. He, and his fiancee are going on vacation. His fiancee, however is having a girls only party so Jon decided to take a cruise while they had their party. He also decided to let her spend the rest of the weeks at her families house and with her friends.
Skills:Jon, has a few talents. For one, he knows a ton of killer card, and magic tricks. He also knows a ton of tongue twisters, riddles, and puzzles. When drunk, he loves to sing, and thinks he is good at it, when he is drunk. People record him and he looks down in embarrassment. Also when drunk, he can dance, and boy does he dance. One of his other more grotesque "talents" is that he can burp his abcs and some peoples names.

JBCBlank
December 26th, 2008, 10:50 AM
JBCBlank:[/B] [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT], though I have a clarifying question. When the personality switch occurs, does his/her body physically alter as well? (By the way, time for you to eat your hat, Rabbit.)

Wooo Christmas was WOW. I got 20 bucks.

Actually when the personality changes absolutely nothing about Kyle looks different. Kayley just sees herself different. The mind is an interesting thing. It makes her think that she's a woman, but actually if you see her, you just see a dude acting very.... Girlish.

Embarrassing for Kyle.

~JBCBlank

Kogenta
December 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Lostt: The way the different aspects of your character's personality reconcile is confusing to me since the features seem rather contrasting. Since I have a friend who has some of those characteristics, I understand that they may coexist within a single person. If possible, however, I would like a little more explanation of his personality. For now, I will leave you as [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

JBCBlank: I see. Thank you.

TwilitDusk
December 26th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

And do you have any idea when it will begin?

Gulpin
December 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Name:

---/ Eli Lesser Que

---/ 14

---/ Male

Appearance:

---/ Eli has brown hair, and complementing his dark hair color or hazel eyes, constantly changing to either brown or green. His hair is never further than the collar, just over his ears a bit. Eli is fairly short for his age, being somewhere around 5'5". He is 'shrimpy' you might say, weighing around 89 pounds. He doesn't work out, and doesn't have much meat on his bones. He wears a formal watch, nothing fancy though. He usually wears contacts, but if you catch him on a bad day he will be wearing wire-rimmed glasses. He has a few freckles here and there across his face. He has a skinny nose, and has the first signs of acne appearing on his forehead. He has a normal sized chin, and thin lips. He is usually wearing gloves on his hands to cover up his bony fingers. His arms are skinny and most would be able to wrap their hand around his wrists. His legs are the same as his arms: skinny and bony. He has fairly big feet for his small size. A good word to describe his figure is 'lanky'. Eli wouldn't be caught dead in shorts. He always wears jeans, and is okay with short sleeved shirts. In the pocket of his jeans he keeps the parts of a flute, always putting the worn-out flute together when he has free time. Underneath his shirt he always wears a white undershirt. Over his shirt he usually wears a gray hooded jacket. He has bleach-white sneakers; they look as if they have never been worn. Though you can't see his socks, he usually wears the socks that are hidden beneath the shoe.

Personality:

---/ Eli is calm whenever things around him are calm. He is a follower if whatever must get done doesn't affect his grades, etc., but whenever something comes up and it will affect his life he will take the lead of the project and complete it with his best efforts and intentions. His mood changes as the mood of those around him changes. If it is a rainy day, he will most likely be gloomy, but on a bright day he will be happy and calm. Whenever something sad, devastating, happy, or joyous happens, he usually won’t show much emotion. A good way to describe his personality is if the weather is good, he’s good, but if the weather is gloomy, he’s gloomy. Because of his small size he is usually picked on by kids his age and older. Usually the first time they pick on him is also the last. He has a darks side when someone threatens him or tries to hurt him. People learn that despite his laid back person, he can get mad fairly easily. Outwardly to everyone Eli is very calm and shy, but those who really get to know him will see that he can be very open and talkative, quite the opposite of his normal, laid back personality. Eli is loyal to everyone around him and when he is around strangers, he tends to try to be cool and mysteries to make a good impression, but he usually fails. Eli likes small dogs and any cats, and any form of technology. He hates bad weather, whether it is too hot or cold. He fears death, pain, blood and guts and anything of the likes. He has always been good at schoolwork or figuring things out. He has a great work-ethic, and would love to be a well-know inventor.

History:

---/ Family:
Name- Lisa Ray Que
Age- 51 (at death)
Relation- Mother

Name – Robert Que
Age - 43 (at death)
Relation - Father

Name – Laura Que
Age - (Died at birth; would be 14)
Relation - Sister

Name – Robert (R.J.) Que Jr..
Age - 20
Relation - Brother (Estranged)

Name - Mary Iona
Age - 63
Relation - Caretaker

---/ Six years to the day before Eli was born, his brother, R.J. Jr. was born. Twenty-two years later Eli and his twin sister Laura were born on a rainy, gloomy day; his parents were Laura and Thorn, both were great, wealthy doctors. Sadly, Laura died at birth. Then to make his birth sadder, his dad died less than a week later. Now Lisa was a single mom of to boys: the newborn Eli and R.J. Jr., age 10. Then, when Eli was eight and his brother was 18, their mother died. After the deaths of his parents R.J. became estranged from his only left family member, Eli. He left Eli in the care of Mary Iona, a boring, old caretaker. Luckily for Eli it was only two years before he was able to run away. On a search to find his brother, he ended up in large city, where he found a computer. He looked up his brothers name, Robert J. Jr., he found out that his brother was the owner of the biggest money-making company and was better known now as Mr. Q; Eli then knew that his brother would never let him live with him. He was a big shot now, not caring about his orphaned brother. While trying to click a different link on the search engine he accidently clicked on an ad giving a chance to win a place on an exclusive cruise: and won!

Skills:

---/ Since Eli is a small kid, he has few fighting skills. On the up-side of being small, he can run and escape from tight situations. Because of his aspiring dreams of being an inventor, he can be quite innovative with few tools in bad situations.

Other:

---/ He is a great flute player, and is always trying to find time to sit and play his flute. He hopes that this cruise might be a great opportunity to relax and play his flute.

RP Sample:

---/ From Rawltz & Rawltz Co. [R&R] by ~|symphony♪

Grey watched as night slowly turned to day in the small town of Sangem, Sinnoh. He yearned badly for all of his musical instruments left at home: his piano, both of his saxophones (his alto and tenor), his violin, and harp. All he had been able to take was his small pennywhistle. He quietly blew a few tones into the small recorder-like instrument. Soon the shadows of the buildings around him grew larger and larger untill it was almost too dark for Grey to see. He got off of the step he was sitting on and once again went to look in the music store before it closed. Sparkling saxophones and dazzling flutes lined the neatly tiered shelves in their small cardboard boxes. He was in the woodwind isle, with the many single and double reed instruments. He continued walking and made it to the string isle. It was divided into two sections: plucked and bowed. He could see the large box which held a harp, and also the small box holding violins. Grey skipped over most of the percussion instruments, only stopping once to look at the piano with its beautiful white and black keys. He played a small tune before being yelled at by the store owner.

"Can't you read?" he asked angrily, "Anyways it is time to close!" the man pushed Grey out of the door. There was a Chatot sitting on the mans shoulder, and a Loudred at his side.

Grey was once again back in the cold darkness left by the sun. He finaly decided that it was time to go to the Pokecenter to find a place to sleep. He walked in to the red building and was greeted by an always cheerful Nurse Joy.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the nurse said.

"I just need a place to stay for a night or so,"

"Okay, please just sign in right here," she pushed a small clipboard onto the desk. He signed his name, Grey C. Rose, befor leaving for a room.

He soon found one and went inside. He looked at the clock which read 11:00. It was late, and he was tired. He quickly fell asleep. Soon he found himself on the floor with the sun shining into his eyes. He was wide awake soon, and immediately looked at the clock. Now it read 7:00. It was a quick night for Grey. He quickly made the bed, and started to leave when he saw a small white envelope. Writted on the envelope was , R&R/TT. Grey noticed no return adress, but opened it anyways. It was clearly for him, as it read:

Dear Grey Christopher Rose,
You have been invited to the lab of Professor Hann. She lives in Slateport City, Hoenn. She has recently moved from Johto, and has built a new laboratory in Slateport. But the laboratory isn’t normal. It is located underwater. You will need to report the Oceanic Museum located in East Slateport. There will be no need to pay admission. We will immediately take you to your first destination. You must be there at strictly 7:00 PM. We do not appreciate or tolerate latecomers. Once there, we will all leave for the Laboratory of Professor Hann. There you will receive your first Pokemon, which has been carefully chosen by Hann. Then, Hann and I will explain to you everything that is happening and why. Then, just as quickly as you came, you will leave. You are not to tell anyone about your visit to Professor Hann and you are not to tell anyone about this letter. Leave every one of you Pokemon behind. You will receive your Pokemon once you come to Slateport.

Sincerely,

Grey was unable to read the name which was signed, which was unfortunate.

Slateport, aye?, Grey thought, That is in Hoenn if I do believe... I must leave soon. Grey quickly gathered his things which wan't much: a backpack and a letter. He signed out of the PokeCenter, and went outside. Before he left for Slateport he went back to the music shop for one last look. He walked up to the old man and held up his pennywhistle.

"Is there anything that I can trade this for?" Grey asked.

The man put on his glasses and held it up about an inch from his nose. "Hmm..." he said, "Chatot, Loudred. How much would you say this is worth?" The Pokemon looked at the instrument.

"Chat, chat chat, tot!" said the musical bird.

"Loud, d drid!" the Loudred said.

The man cleaned off the mouthpiece and played a tune. The Pokemon jupmed in happyness, clearly glad with the music the instrument produced. The man again said 'Hmm' and went into the back. He came back with an old, greatly-used alto saxophone.

"I can give you this," he said, gesturing to the saxophone, "and also eighty dollars."

Grey brightened up. He quickly traded, then asked how much the saxophone was worth.

"Umm, I'd say around one hundred dollars."

"Okay, thanks!" Grey said rushing out the door. He quickly opened the saxophone case. He put the reed in the mouthpiece, the mouthpiece on the neck, and finaly the neck on the body. He attached the neckstrap and played a small, happy tune. Then he quickly put it up and went off to find a way to Slateport City.

This character was made to die in the roleplay, just to let you know. I hope I'm not too late.

~Rose-quartz Iatos
December 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Name: Kaiser "Kai" Redsash
Appearance: Tall-ish, long and dark mettalic-brown hair, olive skin, chocolate-brown eyes, haqndsome features, somewhat slightly husky build, wears small glasses shaped somewhat like almonds. Kai is around 5' 9", and weighs about 140 lbs. Usually wears jeans or kahki pants or shorts, an usually wears somewhat tight-fitting short-sleeved T-shirts, usually very dark-colored. Also wears a black cross pendant with a ruby gem inset in the middle where the lines of the cross meet, on a thick silver chain around his neck.
Personality: Although sometimes a bit quiet and occasionally somewhat reclusive, Kai is generally a very social person, somewhat modest, the kind who tends to smile a lot for no real reason. He knows how to have a good time, and makes freinds fast. He is intellegent, too, but doesn't ever show off for it.
History: Kai has had a somewhat confusing life thus far. He was born somewhere in colorado, but in his life had moved 7 times by the age of 10. His motehr could never hold down a job, and his fathers wage alone wasn't enough to support a family of four. Eventually they settled down in a small house in florida, when Kai was 12, and his sister Sara 10. He came on this cruise with his girlfreind, who had won 2 tickets, but said girlfreind has already been killed.
Skills: Excellent dancer, good liar, quick and reflexive.
RP Sample:
Kai ran down a dark alleyway, his right hand clutching his left side, which was bleeding from the knife wound. As he turned the corner he saw Dreia waiting for him in the car. He ran as fast as he could, wincing and muttering colorful swear words from the pain. He opened the door and got in, muttering "I got it, just as palnned. Let's go." Dreia looked at the wound. "Kai, you're bleeding..." Kai whirled on her. "SCREW THE $*&%-ING BLOOD, NOW GO BEFORE WE BOTH GET KILLED!" He screamed. Dreia sighed, and ground the pedal to the floor.
Kai sighed in relief as tehy drove off, hearing the sound of the guards' angry screams and yells. He took the computer chip from his pocket, and grinned, despite the pain. "We did it, Dreia. As soon as we meet up with Wes and the others, we can finally expose these guys." Dreia was silent for a moment, and then pulled a gun from her pocket, aiming it right between Kai's eyes.
"Okay, mister smart guy," Said Dreia, "Hand it over. NOW." Kai growled. "You little..." He trailed off. "NOW." She said again. Kai smirked. "Okay, sure..." He held out his hand, the chip sitting in his palm. Dreia whisked it out of his hand while steering with her knees. She relaxed a bit, and that was when Kai grabbed the gun from her, rapped her over the head with it, and, kicking the drivers side door open, flung her out of the car. He moved into eth drivers side...
...Just as the car hit a tree. The engine was smashed, and a small fire started. The last thing Kai saw before blacking out was the smoking engine. His last thought...Now nobody will have the chip...It was still in sight, on the ground nearby. He pulled the trigger, firing a bullet into it, and then he knew no more. It would be ten minutes before anything would be found.
Meanwhile, Toby was working at hsi laptop furiously wshen Wes came over with teh tea. Toby sipped gratefully.
"Thanks, I needed this."
"No problem," Wes said. "Now listen, I think I found a lead..."
He pulled out a small scrap of paper, which looked ripped from a book. "I found this in one of my Dads old books. I think he put it in there in case we ever discovered what he and you and Kais motehr were working on."
Toby frowned, and took the paper. "Let's see..." He muttered. The page read as follows:

Alchemy in modern society

In modern day civilization, alchemy is rarely experimented with, which is, perhaps, for the better. However, technological alchemy is a reletivally new form of the subject. Such is, basically, a form of creating A.I, but on a wholly different level."

"The rest of teh page I left in the book." Wes explained. "But look at what my dad wrote..." He pointed at how the words "Technological alchemy" Were underlined and circled, a line from teh circle leading to an empty margin, where the words "Nexus corporation" Had been hastily scribbled. There was more, as well. The word "A.I." Was also circled and underlined, and also had a line leading to teh hastily scribbled words. Toby swore under his breath. "So it IS them...we have to get Kai out of there."

Sublime
December 26th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Simply amazing RP. I have quite an interest in it.

Name: Timothy Bellwood
Appearance: Timothy stands at an opposing 6' 5" and weighs in at around 210 lbs. His forehead length hair is a dark brown with hints of a golden tint sprinkled here and there. His eyes are a deep, rich azure blue that stand out from the rest of his features. His body is rather muscular, due to his weightlifting back in high school. His legs stand out from the rest though; he was one of the strongest squatters in his weight class and has amazing lower body strength.

His usual attire consists usually of a basic T-Shirt bearing one of his favorite brand names. Covering the shirt is a worn-out, black leather jacket. Timothy has had that jacket since college. It was given to him by his first love, which also happens to be his recent ex-wife. He will never be caught wearing shorts, as it makes him look a little strange with his bulky legs showing compared to the rest of his body, so he is always seen in a pair of everyday blue jeans. Timothy only owns one pair of shoes, seeing as that's all he needs until he grows out of them, a black and white pair of DC brand shoes.

Topping off his appearance are his favorite pair of aviation, or pilot as some call them, glasses and necklace with a solid gold arrow head on it that has been passed down in his family for a few years.

Personality: Timothy is a casual, laid back individual with an interesting sense of humor. He enjoys just laying and relaxing, whittling the days away. He's never one to do work unless it's absolutely necessary. But don't count him as lazy because of this. He can actually be very active, if he's in the mood that is. And when he IS in the mood to be active, he usually takes his usually mile jog and finishes off by weightlifting for an hour or so.

His sense of humor has been called "crude" or "disgusting". He loves to make perverted jokes with his friends and finds humor even in movies like "Saw". He says it's his way of looking on the bright side of life; seeing humor in the most depressing of times to pull himself through. It seems to work, because there is never a time when you'll find Timothy in a state of depression.

His casualty is coupled with an "I don't care" attitude. This little factor of his personality has cost him many things in life; Getting kicked off the weightlifting team, getting stood up at the prom, and even his wife leaving him.

History: In high school, Timothy was the star among stars. He was captain of the weightlifting team, had the perfect girlfriend, and had tons of friends. But this all spiraled down once he developed a rather nasty habit; cocaine.

The drug addiction gave him his carefree attitude; which became evident when he skipped weightlifting meets and stopped communicating with all his friends. He lost everything in such little time. He was kicked off the team, his girlfriend broke up with him and all his friends refused to communicate with him. He didn't care much though, as long as he got his "fix".

He finally straightened up his life in college; where he met Tiffany Scotch, the, soon-to-be, love of his life. The two became the best of friends. They went to movies together, ate dinner together, the works. Timothy proposed to her their junior year, to which she said yes.

The two had a happy relationship for all of two years. As soon as they got out of college they moved in together. This was the start of the problems. Timothy refused to get a job, saying that he was "Waiting for the time to come". Of course, this meant Tiffany had to work extra hard just to support the both of them.

One evening, she just couldn't take it anymore. She walked into their house with tears streaming down her face saying that it was over. Timothy's answer was a simple "Ok" with a quick chuckle. This made Tiffany furious. She gave him a fierce slap across the cheek, packed her bags and stormed out.

That was a mere two weeks ago. Now Timothy is awaiting a cruise, to relieve his stress.

Skills: Timothy has amazing leg strength and running speed.

Other:

RP Sample:

From Rawltz & Rawltz Co.
It was a pretty basic day in Dom's life. He had already gone through his usual morning routine and was currently enjoying the fresh Kanto air that surrounded him. He was sitting in an off-white wooden chair on the porch of his house. The beautiful melodies that resonated from his guitar mingled with the air.

A familiar faced passed by where Dom was playing. It was a young boy, about 7 years old, and he adored hearing Dom play.

"Hey mister Dom!" The boy shouted out with an ecstatic tone.

"Hello, Robby!" Dom said with a hearty grin covering his face.

"What are you playing today, mister Dom?" Robby said with curiosity filling his eyes.

"Just a little thing I'm working on." Dom replied while playing the chorus to his song.

Robby listened to the smooth tones in awe. He had never heard such amazing music before in his life.

"It's beautiful, mister Dom.." Robby said quietly, making sure his voice wasn't loud enough for him to miss part of the song.

Dom abruptly stopped playing when he saw the postal worker arrive. He got up out of the chair, which let out a terrible creak, and headed down the driveway towards the mailbox.

"Afternoon, Dom!" The postal worker said politely.

"Afternoon!" Dom replied with a wave.

He thumbed through the mail; not really expecting to see anything for him.

"Bills, Bills, Junk Mail. Ooh, Pokemon Magazine!" Dom said cheerily, rolling up the magazine and stuffing it in his back pocket.

"Wait a minute,..What is this?" Dom thought aloud while looking at the mysterious envelope addressed to him.

It was labeled "R&R/TT" and had no return address. It seemed like your basic mail; White envelope, basic stamps, nothing fancy at all.

Dom curiously opened the letter and read its contents

‘Dear Domonic Santino,
You have been invited to the lab of Professor Hann. She lives in Slateport City, Hoenn. She has recently moved from Johto, and has built a new laboratory in Slateport. But the laboratory isn’t normal. It is located underwater. You will need to report the Oceanic Museum located in East Slateport. There will be no need to pay admission. We will immediately take you to your first destination. You must be there at strictly 7:00 PM. We do not appreciate or tolerate latecomers. Once there, we will all leave for the Laboratory of Professor Hann. There you will receive your first Pokemon, which has been carefully chosen by Hann. Then, Hann and I will explain to you everything that is happening and why. Then, just as quickly as you came, you will leave. You are not to tell anyone about your visit to Professor Hann and you are not to tell anyone about this letter. Leave every one of you Pokemon behind. You will receive your Pokemon once you come to Slateport.

Sincerely,’

The name was unreadable, sadly. Dom read the letter over a few times to make sure he was reading it right.

"I'm requested to go to Slateport?! That's all the way in another region!" Dom said, shocked at the contents of the letter.

"I'll have to get first thing tomorrow! I surely don't want to miss out on this opportunity!" Dom said while running back inside.

He rushed into the kitchen, where the rest of his family was enjoying lunch.

"Mom! Dad! Look at this!" Dom shouted, practically shoving the paper in his parent's faces.

Dom's father grabbed the letter and read it over carefully.

"Well, this is obviously something very important; Dom. Are you sure you're up to it?" His father said in a curious tone.

"Of course! Who knows what will go on there?! It could very well be my big break!" Dom shouted ecstatically.

"Who knows...That's exactly the problem..." Dom's mother said worriedly.

"Now, honey, if Dom wants to go then it's his decision." His father interjected. "Now son, DO you want to go?"

Dom breathed a heavy sigh. "...Yes, I do!" He replied. "I'll make sure to keep in touch and everything!"

"Ok son. If that is what you want. I'll order you a ticket to board the S.S. Anne tomorrow. It will take you straight to Slateport." His father said.

"Thank you!" Dom shouted out. "Thank you so much!" It was then that he realized his mother was crying. He slowly walked over and gave her a hug.

"Don't worry mom, I'll be alright" He said reassuringly.

"Oh...I'll miss you so much!" She said with a sob.

"I promise I'll keep in touch." Dom said again as he let go of his mother. He then headed up to his room to pack and wait for nightfall. Also to wait for the start of a new day; and the start of a new chapter unfolding in his life.

ANARCHit3cht
December 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Lostt: The way the different aspects of your character's personality reconcile is confusing to me since the features seem rather contrasting. Since I have a friend who has some of those characteristics, I understand that they may coexist within a single person. If possible, however, I would like a little more explanation of his personality. For now, I will leave you as [s-highlight]pending[/s-highlight].

I added a few more things, if it needs a bit more explanation tell me and I will add.

GFA
December 26th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Name: Giuseppe 'Jon" Couragio Ventresca
Appearance: Giuseppe wears rich clothes, such as fine men suits, and Italian Loafers. He has curly black/grey hair which is starting to bald, he wears a small white mustache. He stands at the none to impressive height of 5'4'' and weighs a hefty 130lbs. *for his height* His eyes are hidden behind dorky glasses, but if they are removed, they reveal kindly black eyes, that look as if they say "Think about it?". His skin is a dark tan/olive completion, and is wrinkled with the signs of age.
Personality: Giuseppe 'Jon', was a harsh man, who has be made kind over personal therapy. He is quick to spend money, and his friends all look at back fondly at the long Vegas nights. He is rather grouchy when left alone, so he is often accanied by friends or one of his girlfriends. (At the last count there were 10.)
History: 'Jon' used to work for the Mafia, but retired 11 years ago. During his time there he was usually a get-away driver, so he has above average motor skills. He is familiar with a gun, and isn't afraid to use one. He retired at the age of 50 so he could be a real family man and take part in the lives of his grandchildren. He decide to take the cruise, because he just had a Kidney Stone smashed, and his doctor recommended he take a vacation.
Skills: OK with handguns *due to his mob backgrounds*, an excellent driver, and a pretty good gambler, *having made a small fortune in Vegas* be it cards, or dice. However, he is at a handicap due to his recent 'smashing'.
RP Sample: I don't really have one/can't provide one, *do to a site I RPGed at being closed and replaced* but I play D&D *and other RPG's* all the time

Kogenta
December 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Allelujah Haptism: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

TwilitDusk: Since sign-ups will be closing at 5:00 PST today, I will start the RP tomorrow.

~|symphony♪: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT], though I would like to ask for a quick proofread to fix a few minor points. ^-^;; (ex: According to the history section, Robert was born 22 years before Eli. Their ages, however, are only 6 years apart.)

~Iatos_Haunted~: Not a bad start, but the main issue at the moment is length. Also, your RP sample seems to display a bit of "deus ex machina" which is particularly incompatible with this roleplay. If you add a few more lines of content and do not draw on events that are too unlikely during the roleplay, then you should be alright. For now, [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

.Sublime: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Lostt: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen: The RP sample does not need to be from another roleplay. It can be something from your sign-up character's history or even a random character in a random situation. I just need to see an example of the way you roleplay. Also, the age 61 is fine for your character. Based on what you have, if you increase the length of your profile and add an RP sample, then you should be good. Current status: [S-HIGHLIGHT]pending[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

-----
Note: I realize that I said the maximum number of players I would accept was ten, but . . . Since sign-ups are closing today anyway, I will accept a little above the number if the sign-up is up to par and turned in within the given amount of time.
-----

As stated above, sign-ups close at 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST today; and unless unexpected circumstance arise, I will be begin the RP tomorrow. If you want an extension, please message me.

Gulpin
December 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
~|symphony♪: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT], though I would like to ask for a quick proofread to fix a few minor points. ^-^;; (ex: According to the history section, Robert was born 22 years before Eli. Their ages, however, are only 6 years apart.)

Now I feel like an idiot XD... I'll edit in a second.

Eucliffe
December 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Hmm. Quite the interesting RP you got there, hopefully it isn't closed yet?

Name: Cierra Clover Riley
Appearance: Cierra stands at 5'10", taller than most women her age. She has peachy white skin that may turn tan when she is out in the sun for too long. Cierra has a 40D cup, also quite big for one her age. She is quite slender, but her weight is not unreal. Cierra has sparkling brown eyes that could almost be mistaken to be a crimson color. Her hair is a dyed crimson red, reaching down past her chest and ending around her waist in a silky straight fashion.

On average, Cierra wears a black stereotypical witch's hat, where it's pointy and sticks up nearly straight, but curves at the top. She wears a black sleeveless dress, which starts at her chest (thus showing some cleavage), and ends around her knees, the ends somewhat pointy like a witch's outfit. She wears charcoal black school-girl like shoes, despite her age. Sometimes, when it becomes cold, Cierra dresses up in a black faux-fur coat, along with black long johns.
Personality: Cierra has a calm and gentle nature, and loves being around animals. She has a gray pet cat named Gateau and a black pet cat named Serene. Cierra never likes to shout at others, nor raise her voice higher than normal. Cierra is also quite a klutz, and this seems to be more obvious when she is around guys to her liking. Unfortunately, with such a sweet personality there has to be a bad side. If she is riled up enough, despite her calm and gentle demeanor, Cierra becomes a total witch. She yells at whoever got her ticked off, and she may sometimes beat up those people. Although when she does go out of control, and realizes it, she hums one of her favorite tunes in her head to calm her down.
History: As a Wiccan, Cierra had always wanted to go on a cruise and be like any other person. She always spent her evenings in her hut, which was situated in the woods. There, she would mix together herbs and ingredients to make all kinds of potions. However, she prefers making medical potions and would see them every so often in the nearby marketplace. Finally hearing about a certain cruise while in the marketplace, Cierra immediately bought a ticket to get on that cruise. She chose to bring along her two cats, as well as her cauldron and a bunch of ingredients in case they were needed.

As for her family, Cierra lost touch with them 5 years ago, after her sick father finally passed away and her mother was sent to a mental asylum because of a mental illness she developed after her husband's death. When Cierra was sent to live with her great aunt, she became a Wiccan overtime. As of two years ago, the great aunt passed away, but left Cierra with her cottage. Cierra soon bought two cats to keep her company, and every now and then would water the plants by her great aunt's grave. She has always thought of contacting her mother, but was afraid of her still being crazy and thought against it. When she got the ticket for the cruise, she once again thought of contacting her mother, but even if she weren't crazy, Cierra was afraid her mother wouldn't let her go on a cruise and make her come home. Not wanting to take those chances, Cierra resisted the urge.
Skills: Cierra is a Wiccan, and as stated in her history, can brew up all sorts of potions, though most are not what you'd think of a stereotypical witch's potion. She is also a bit of a regular cook and can cook up all sorts of meals for her and her cats.
RP Sample:

From Mika's "Fragments of Alarayne"

Who are you?

My name is... Gale, watch out!

How do you know my...AIIIII!!!

Gale! No!

Gale, are you OK?

Yes, I'm fine. But how do you...know me? Oh my god, you're spewing blood everywhere!

I'll be fine, honestly. But... I am your...

What! Wait! Are you my brother? My sister? No! Don't leave me! Don't leave. Don't leave...

Silence. Complete and utter silence. At once, the girl, Gale, had stopped tossing and turning in her bed. It was that dreaded nightmare again. The one where she had met up with her lost sibling, but they immediately died saving her. The gender of this supposed sibling was unknown to her, but Gale knew that the sibling was out there in that vast world of Pokemon...

It was about three in the morning when the soothing serenade began playing. Gale awoke with a start; she had always been a light sleeper. She yawned casually, and looked out the window.

"Looks like it'll be another one of these days..." she said with a sigh, quickly laying back down. But with the serenade playing, she couldn't go back to sleep. She actually didn't mind waking up to this type of music. After all, it was better than that death metal music. Fortunately, Gale had found a way to soundproof everything - except any knocking sounds on her door or windows - so no sound would get in, and no sound would get out.

Dressing in her casual wear, Gale knew she had some time until the meeting at five. She laid her uniform symmetrically out on her bed after she had made it, and left the building for her usual trip to the gorgeous lake of Blackthorn. It had been enough years since she had seen such beautiful, pure water. But this water could never beat the water that was in Phenac. Even though it was human-generated, it was much more crystal-clear than the water here. With a sigh, Gale took out three coins, a book of some sort, and a flat drawing board. She flipped the three coins at once, and when they landed, she took note of what side they were on. Two were on Tails, while one was on Heads, so on her drawing board, she drew two dashes next to each other. She repeated the same process, getting all Heads this time. She drew a long dash right above the two dashes she had put down before. Continuing this process, she flipped the coins four more times and got what looked like this:

-- --
-----
-----
-- --
-----
-- --

Looking it up in her convenient "I-Ching" book, Gale took note of what it meant.

"47. K'un - Oppression (Exhaustion)

-- --
----- above Tui The Joyous, Lake
-----
-- --
----- below K'an The Abysmal, Water
-- --

The Judgement

Oppression. Success. Perseverance.
The great man brings about good fortune.
No blame.
When one has something to say,
It is not believed.

The Image

There is no water in the lake:
The image of Exhaustion.
Thus the superior man stakes his life
On following his will.

The Lines

Six at the beginning means:
One sits oppressed under a bare tree
And strays into a gloomy valley.
For three years one sees nothing.

() Nine in the second place means:
One is oppressed while at meat and drink.
The man with the scarlet knee bands is just coming.
It furthers one to offer sacrifice.
To set forth brings misfortune.
No blame.

Six in the third place means:
A man permits himself to be oppressed by stone,
And leans on thorns and thistles.
He enters his house and does not see his wife.
Misfortune.

Nine in the fourth place means:
He comes very quietly, oppressed in a golden carriage.
Humiliation, but the end is reached.

() Nine in the fifth place means:
His nose and feet are cut off.
Oppression at the hands of the man with the purple knee bands.
Joy comes softly.
It furthers one to make offerings and libations.

Six at the top means:
He is oppressed by creeping vines.
He moves uncertainly and says, 'Movement brings remorse.'
If one feels remorse over this and makes a start,
Good fortune comes." Gale read softly. Although she did not quite understand all of this easily, she still knew a great deal of what it meant. Ah, Exhaustion. If only this book knew how accurate that was... Erasing her lines from her drawing board, Gale proceeded back to her room. She placed her coins, drawing board, and book away in one of the cabinets, which held all her fortune telling equipment, and changed into her uniform. It was 4:45 now, and Gale knew she couldn't be late. It was surprising she had spent that long down at the lake, but she figured she had gotten lost in figuring out what her fortune was for the day. She hoped that no one would yell at her...

I hope my SU is OK. I hope I didn't push it too much with Cierra being a Wiccan and knowing black magic.

GFA
December 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I fixed my application, I know I'm a tad late:

Name: Giuseppe 'Joe" Couragio Ventresca
Appearance: Giuseppe wears rich clothes, such as fine men suits, and Italian Loafers. At first glance he may be mistaken for He has curly black/grey hair which is starting to bald, he wears a small white mustache. He stands at the none to impressive height of 5'4'' and weighs a hefty 130lbs. *for his height* His eyes are hidden behind dorky glasses, but if they are removed, they reveal kindly black eyes, that look as if they say "Think about it?". His skin is a dark tan/olive completion, and is wrinkled with the signs of age. Despite his age, he has a strong heart and a sharp mind, but his Kidney’s are especially week
Personality: Giuseppe ‘Joe’ was a harsh man, who has been made kind over personal therapy. He is quick to spend money, and his friends all look at back fondly at the long Vegas nights. He dearly cares for his grandchildren, and would be devastated if one of them skinned there elbow. He is rather grouchy when left alone, so he is often accompanied by his buddies or one of his girlfriends *at the last count there were 7*.
History: 'Joe' used to work for the Mafia, but retired 11 years ago. He was born into the small Italian province of Aquila. During his time in the mob he was usually a get-away driver, so he has above average motor skills. He is familiar with a gun, and isn't afraid to use one. He had been married once to one Babino Franchesca, but got divorced when Joe was in his 40’s. He retired at the age of 50 so he could be a real ‘family man’ and take part in the lives of his grandchildren. He decide to take the cruise, because he just had a Kidney Stone smashed, and his doctor recommended he take a vacation.
Skills: Joe is OK with handguns *due to his mob backgrounds*, an excellent driver *also due to his mob backgrounds*, and a pretty good gambler, *having made a small fortune in Vegas* be it cards, or dice. However, he is at a handicap due to his recent 'smashing'. He also speak Italian.
RP Sample: Joe waited outside the mansion his foot on the gad pedal, his boss had gone in a little over half an hour ago, and still hadn’t come back. Joe looked impatiently at his watch.
*Bang*
Antony walked out of the mansion’s dragging a body and shooting into the unseen hall. Joe grabbed the clutch and drove the car back across the mansion’s giant lawn to where Antony was escaping. Antony opened the back door and threw the body in before jumping into the seat. “Come on Joey, get a move on!” Joe slammed on the gas and drove across the lawn, through a bush, down the private driveway, and onto the interstate. Joe wiped his lip, looked back at Antony and smiled,
“So, how was it?” Antony shrugged,
“OK.” Joe smiled again,
“Time for Ned here to go for a drive.” Antony nodded,
“You got it Joe.” Antony pulled off onto a country road, and smiled one more time. This is my favorite part of the job. Joe drove the car into a woods and into a secret clearing. Antony opened the door, and pushed out the body. Joe stepped out of the car, while Antony grabbed a water bottle and dumped it's contents on Ned. After a few minutes of spluttering, Ned woke up,
"I swear I have the money, ... Please don't hurt me..." Ned whimpered and scooted back against a tree. Antony flashed a quick smile towards, Joe. Joe walked over to Ned and picked up his head,
"It's OK Neddy baby," Joe patted his cheek, "we know you have the money..." as Joe cooed, Antony walked into the car to pick something up.
"Y-y-you do?" Ned sighed in relief. Antony came back to were Ned and Joe were.
"Yes, yes we know..." Ned sighed again, "the problem is, you've already spent it..." Ned looked up at Joe with tears in his eye's,
"No..."
Joe smiled one last time, "Yes." Antony pulled a handkerchief of a pistol and aimed it at the sniveling man's head,
"Bye bye Neddy.."
*Bang*
The body slumped over, blood gushing from the hole in his lifeless forehead...

TwilitDusk
December 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Jeez, can't wait for tomarrow...

Why can't it be tomarrow now?

...a very sad thing for a teenager to say, but I'm not the most patient of people.

~Rose-quartz Iatos
December 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
[quote=Kogenta;4229067]
~Iatos_Haunted~: Not a bad start, but the main issue at the moment is length. Also, your RP sample seems to display a bit of "deus ex machina" which is particularly incompatible with this roleplay. If you add a few more lines of content and do not draw on events that are too unlikely during the roleplay, then you should be alright. For now, [s-highlight]pending[/s-highlight].

Don't worry, I never do normally, but I had asked the rp owner first, and he said it was okay. I'll write a new one up. :)

Kogenta
December 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Serene: Your character can be a wiccan, if you so desire, but I would prefer that she not know any actual magic. ^-^;; Having herbal knowledge is alright. If you remove the part about black magic, then you are [S-HIGHLIGHT]accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen: It is a bit close, but you are [S-HIGHLIGHT]accepted[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

~Iatos_Haunted~: If you can get it done before I make the first post, I will consider the sign-up.

Sign-ups are now closed.

GFA
December 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
So I'm accepted sweet! What is cutting it close? Length?

Eucliffe
December 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM
OK ^^ I wasn't sure about the black magic part; I really just wanted her to have herbal knowledge, at least ><' But yeah, it would be pretty unfair for her to know magic now, wouldn't it?

Kogenta
December 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
[OOC:
Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen: Yes, mostly length.
]

The day the S.S. Maria sailed was as beautiful and serene as any vacationer could hope for. Sky and sea were lit a bright, almost surreal blue by the warm sunlight. Across the ocean's surface a gentle breeze swept--salty in smell and taste, but cool and soothing to the skin. A white bow wave was raised by the ship as it split the waters, creating a spray not high enough to reach those on the deck, but wide enough to form a rainbow visible to anyone who cared to look for it.

Captain Fin checked the ship's readouts, enjoying the weather and humming a happy tune to himself as he considered the possibilities for the upcoming cruise. This is as smooth sailing as a man'll ever get. I hope the rest of the trip goes this well. He straightened and stretched before turning to look down from his vantage point on the top deck.

---------

In the kitchen, Jack leaned back against a counter and folded his arms. His dark eyes showed signs of exasperation, yet were not ill-humored. "Come on, Lily, be serious," he sighed with a shake of his head. Lily giggled as she nervously straightened her knee-length black skirt. With each note of laughter, her ponytail of glossy blonde hair moved and shone. Leaning over a pot of soup, Chef Paul muttered angry words to himself and sprinkled pepper into the mix of broth, vegetables, and chopped chicken.

----------

An open book of discouragingly large size and despairingly small print in his lap, Dr. Mortimer sat beside the desk in his office quietly reading. About him stood various cabinets and drawers containing the tools of his trade, while to his left a curtain divided off a bed for his patients. A knock on the door caused the doctor to look up. Adjusting his glasses, he responded, "Yes?"

"It's me, Will. I'm here to check that wobbly shelf."

Mortimer closed the volume. "Of course, thank you. Please come in."

----------

"I told you we should've turned on the lights first."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"No, you didn't."

". . . Yeah, I didn't."

Crash!

Sam lay at the base of the stairs of the ship's bottom deck, his dropped crate beside him. Sitting up in the darkness, he ruefully rubbed his back. "Ow . . ."

"Hold on, Sam! I'm coming," Terry called as he attempted to turn in the narrow stairwell. Crash! The boy tumbled down the stairs as gravity and an awkward turn wrest his own crate from his hands. "Uhnn . . . Was that you I landed on, Sam?"

"Yeah."

"What about my box?"

"That landed on me, too."

[OOC:

At this point, you have not been informed of the true purpose of the cruise. The current time is 2:15 (the cruise began at 1:00), and during boarding you were asked to meet in the ballroom at 3:30 for an important announcement. Until then, feel free to mingle, finish settling in, or enjoy any of the ship's activities.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to post the room assignments last night.

Character (RPer) [Room number]:
Victor Vien (Allelujah Haptism) [105]
Zephaniah Xylon (Callandor) [116]
Hiken "Ken" Kuroyami/Inaba Shinjin (TwilitDusk) [200]
Linda Clennell (Rabbit) [102]
Gregor Aurion (Captain Blue) [210]
Kyle Lopez/Kayley (JBCBlank) [119]
Jon Blaque (Lostt) [217]
Eli Lesser Que (~|symphony♪) [205]
Timothy Bellwood (.Sublime) [118]
Cierra Clover Riley (Serene) [220]
Giuseppe "Joe" Couragio Ventresca (Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen) [213]

I would have allowed you to keep your room number, Serena; but the ship does not have a room 333. Only two decks of rooms exist, and the room numbers go from 1 -20. I gave you the closest number, though. ^-^;;

If you forget your room number, it is listed in the OOC thread. ]

ANARCHit3cht
December 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Jon dressed differently than normal today. Instead of the average suit, he was dressed in a blue Hawaiin shirt with palm trees, and loose blue jeans, atop his head were sunglasses. He. was standing over the railing looking into the water with Serena at his side. He was staring intently into the water, not knowing that she was looking at him. It was a little hard to say good bye, but he was going, and she was going. Without looking at her he began his good-bye. "Serena, I know that we are gonna get married and all, but I have decided to let you spend a couple of weeks at your parents and with girlfriends to think about it. You always could change your mind, and I just don't want to impose something upon you that you will regret later. So, while you are at your mothers, I was set up on a cruise. I will truly miss you." He gaze was still locked on the water.

It was silent for a good ten minutes. "Ok" came Serena's soft reply. "But don't worry, I love you. Jon, you are the only one for me. I would have never said yes to you if I even had the slightest doubt. I have never felt this way about anyone before."

"What is the feeling?" Jon interrupted her, finally looking up.

"It is like.. like.." she paused to think for a moment,"like a million tiny bugs moving around inside of me. You are such a nice person and always treat with respect. You are unlike any man I have met before, Jon. I love you." She stopped and looked at him.

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Forever?"

"Forever and a day."

"Ok, I love you forever and two days" Jon said getting a little competitive.

"Three" Serena responded.

"Four"

"Five"

"Six" Jon whispered in her ear. Then he heard the sounds of the approaching boat and gave her a quick kiss. He headed for the end of the dock to wait for the boat.

"Wait" called Serena.

"Huh?"

The boat was pretty much there and Jon began climbing up the deck into the boat. "What?" He yelled to her.

Just as Jon was about to enter Serena yelled "Seven!" That marked her winning of their little game. Jon laughed. "Ah, that is one of the reasons I fell in love with her" Jon said to the crew member standing next to the door. They already had his bags and were taking them to his room.

The crew member at the door spoke up,"Sir, your room number is 217. I hope you find your accommodations to your liking." He paused and walked over to Jon, fumbled around in his pockets and pulled out a key. "Here is your key, sir. Oh, and what may I have the pleasure of addressing you by?

Jon felt in a good mood and decide to introduce himself like James Bond. "Blaque" He paused for a moment,"Jon Blaque" He chuckled a bit and took the keys. "And who are you?"

"I am Fin" He paused."Captain Fin" he said imitating Jon. He gave a light smile and then remembered about the meeting. "Oh, you have to be in the Ballroom at three-thirty for a meeting"

Everything went black.
~~~
Jon woke up, his head on the chair in his room and the rest of him on the floor. He stood up and wiped the drool from his mouth. His cellphone buzzed. He picked it up, and red the screen "3 Missed Calls" He pressed the view button and they were from Serena. His phone lit up abd buzzed. "One new Text Message, from Serena." He flipped it open. -hey were r u Did u get on safely Y didnt you call me bck- He hit the call button and it called her.

"Hello" came Serena's soft voice.

"Err.. Hi" replied Jon. "Sorry I didn't call immediately, I fell asleep, you know because I had to wake up super early. So, yeah I got on safely. So, what is so important?"

"I just wanted to make sure you got on safe ok?"

"Ok"

"I love you"

"I love you too. Bye, I have to go meet some of the other people around here, okay?"

"Okay, Bye"

"Bye" Jon hung up the phone and slipped it into his pocket. I could meet people up on the deck, and the fresh air will be nice. Jon headed for the stairs and noticed the theater on his way there. He climbed up the stairs and onto the deck. "Oh, right the meeting.." he checked the time -2:17-. "Ok I have time to spare." He walked over and got one of the long beach chairs and set it up. He sat in and pulled the sunglasses down over his eyes. To make sure he didn't fall asleep he pulled out his iPod and turned on loud heavy metal music. The song wasn't something he recognized, but it had a nice touch. He waited for what felt like twenty minutes for someone to come. No one came. He checked the time, -2:19-. Jon shrugged it off and listened to the strumming of the guitar and pounding of the drums.

Eucliffe
December 29th, 2008, 08:46 AM
A silhouette emerged from the shadows. Cierra thought it to be her sick mother. After a staredown for a few moments, the mother reached a cold, pale hand out towards her daughter. Cierra looked at her, wide-eyed, and moved back. But her mother continued moving towards her.

"You'll join your father Cierra. Come here, he's with me..." she said, her voice almost a moan.

"Leave me alone!" Cierra exclaimed. "LEAVE. ME. ALONE!!!" It went dark. All around her, the shadows began taking form, and Cierra soon realized those forms to be her parents, as well as her late great aunt. They were calling her to join them, join them in a world of darkness.

"Leave me alone, please..." Cierra whimpered. The darkness soon fell back, and there was nothing but a peak of light shining at Cierra directly. Cierra fell back on the ground, arms and legs spread out, and closed her eyes.

Something soft, wet. Is it raining? No, wait, even if it were, I'm inside my cabin. Yeah, that's right, room 333. This is a cruise. I'm getting away from it all. So if that's not rain... Opening her eyes carefully, Cierra startled the sweet black cat, who was apparently licking her face.

"You woke me up, Gateau," Cierra said calmly to her cat. "But thank you. I was having that nightmare again." The cat seemed to smile, and it then went to join its companion, the gray cat Serene. Cierra looked out her window, and saw the clear blue sky on the gentle, almost-blue waves. She sighed, and turned around. I can finally get away from it all, she thought. Finally...

Cierra began recalling what had happened earlier. It was roughly 12:30. She ended up being late for the boarding, so she had to rush through the marketplace to get to the docks. She remembered how her cats grew tired, and she had to carry them along with her luggage. She dressed like a regular person would, but she had her regular outfit in the suitcase, hat included. If anyone asked about the cauldron, she'd say it was for in case of a leak in her room.

As she got on the boat, she was told to go to the ballroom around 3:30, where an important announcement would be made. She was then given a key, labeled "333" on it. At first, Cierra thought it some kind of joke, but the person who gave it out to her shrugged, so she ignored the number and went on down to her room.

"OK, guys, who wants a late lunch?" Cierra asked the two cats. Both ran up to her, their tails swishing back and forth. Cierra brought her cauldron from off one of the hooks (which were meant for towels or wet clothes) and got out a couple other materials, including a pan, some sticks to put on the pan, some matches, and some herbs. She began by lighting the sticks with one of the matches, and fortunately, the pan was thick enough a fire on the ship couldn't start. She filled up her cauldron with some water, and place it over the fire. As soon as the water boiled, Cierra tossed in some herbs and waited patiently.

After a while, the meal was complete. It was moist, but still solid nonetheless, just how her cats liked it. Cierra poured the concoction into each of their bowls, and then poured the rest into a jar for safekeeping. She proceeded to wash her cauldron with some herbs that surprisingly cleaned the cauldron dry, and hung the cauldron back on the rack when she was through. Looking at the clock, Cierra realized she had maybe forty-five minutes left until the meeting. She had woken up around 2:15, and it took roughly thirty minutes to get the meal for the cats. Sighing, Cierra laid back down on her bed and began humming a tune softly to herself.

The tune was quite nostalgic, as Cierra thought it to be. Its sad, haunting melody reminded her of how her father tragically died, and how her mother was placed in one of those mental asylums. As she continued humming the tune, tears softly rolled down her cheeks. After realizing this, Cierra stopped and wiped the tears away. It's OK, she reminded herself, they're in a better place. Both of them... She went back to humming again, but hummed a lesser nostalgic tune this time, to wash the feeling of sadness away as the ship moved over the calm, almost-blue waters...

Loki
December 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
"I ain't got nothin' on you babe, I ain't got nothin' but you babe, we gotta stick it through the sticks, yeah, yeah," Victor Vien, looking not a day over twenty-four, was very slowly making his way around the cruise ship, peering curiously at the lavish surroundings that were nothing like his $800 rental studio. As he recited the steady beating words that were pulsing through his chunky headphones around his neck, the volume turned up, Vic dodged other passengers by spinning around them, making a rhythmic dance just by walking. It was just the way Vic rolled. "Gotta bring it up, gotta pick it up, dance m'man, dance dance- Pshaaaaaa!" Vic stalled, his toes up and his hands in the air like a DJ. He loosened after a few seconds, an amused smile on his face as he unlocked the door to room 105.

"Well dang this ain't whatchu see every day down in the home." Vic looked around, chewing on his words and feeling incredibly out of place, "Well whatever." He continued in a normal manner of speech, pulling out his mp3 player and tossing it along with his headphones onto the bed. "This is kind of more strung up then I'd expected." He muttered to himself, dropping his backpack on the floor and nodding in an impressed kind of way at his luggage, which was already sitting on the stand. "Effecient." He observed, "Clean. Luxiurious." He rubbed his chin, narrowing a scrutinizing eye at the hotel-esque room. "Buuut, I think it'll take a little more convincing. Still likin' London."

For some reason, Vic had felt very alone in being that so many people had other people seeing them off, while Vic marched right aboard without saying his goodbyes to anyone. Well, sure he'd told his crew that he'd be off playin' a rich boy for awhile, but it's not like he dragged any of them out here. Not that they would've come anyway. "Man those rich peeps don't want us down there!" They'd say. Vic didn't see how his case was any different, since he lived just like them, regardless of the fact that he had plenty of money to live in an apartment that actually had paint on the walls and flooring other than poured concrete. He didn't mind though.

It made experiences like this all the more rewarding.

Glancing at his watch, Vic compared it with the alarm clock on the nightstand. Now, what to do until 3:30...?

TwilitDusk
December 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Ken paced inside his room. The deck was too crowded to watch the ocean, and the wind was blowing the wrong way even if everyone did clear out. The room was too small, and they didn't have a dojo...

Great, now he sounded like he was whining.

Sitting down on the bed, he sighed to himself. He was supposed to enjoy this, take it as a break from his training and competitions... but when you did something for so long, it became strange to suddenly have it removed from your life.

He got up, heading onto the deck. Maybe he'd meet someone interesting there, anyway...

Gulpin
December 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
‘**YOU’VE WON**’ Blinked on the computer screen. Under the large text was a slightly smaller link, saying, ‘Learn More!’. Before exiting the small pop-up on the library computer, like Eli would’ve normally done, his mouse seemed to control itself and had clicked on the link saying ‘Learn More!’.

Another tab opened on the monitor, this one more vividly colored.

‘Congratulations!’ Eli read at the top of the screen. ‘YOU have won a luxury cruise on the S.S. Maria – free of charge. There are absolutely no gimmicks or catches. All you have to do is print of a brochure explaining how to get to the docks, and telling you more about this exclusive cruise.

‘Print Brochure Now’ another link read, and Eli once again clicked it without thinking.

I can’t believe I’ve fallen for this, Eli thought, but I’ve actually won a cruise! Now all I have to do is relax.

He heard the printer stop making the loud annoying noises signifying the printer is at work, and rushed over to get the brochure before anyone else was able to get it and steal his trip.

On the back of the paper it read, ‘Free admission to the S.S. Maria,’ then in smaller print, ‘Winner of free admission through Internet giveaway,’. Eli sat down on one of the comfortable chairs in the library. He read through almost all of the writing on the brochure before finally coming across the date and time that he needed to be on the docks.

‘1:00 on 6/23/09’

Crap. That’s today… I better get going, Eli thought.

He gathered what little stuff he had: his contact case and solution, his dorky wire-rimmed glasses, his jacket, and his flute. Can’t forget the flute. He ran out of the library, and could swear he would have died if looks could kill: the librarian was staring a hole through his back; Eli could feel her eyes beating down on him.

Once on the streets, away from the demented librarian, he quickly made his way to the docks. He glanced at his watch, which read 12:52. He ran the rest of the way to the S.S. Maria once he was aware of how late he was.

As he approached the ship, he could tell he was late. He could see people waving goodbye to their loved ones that were boarding the ship.

People on this ship are actually loved by family, and they are actually leaving that luxury for a cruise? Eli thought in disgust has he walked onto the ship.

His thoughts were interrupted by an innocent crew member.

“Your ticket, please?” he said.

Eli handed him his brochure, and the member looked confused. He whispered into a small walky-talky and a few moments later another crew member appeared.

“Ah,” he said, “I’m Captain Finn, and I see you have won our Internet giveaway. Congratulations. Who might you be?”

“I-I’m Eli Que,”

“Okay. How old are you?”

“I’m only fourteen,”

A look of sadness took over the Captain’s face, before being ripped away by a large smile. “Do you have any luggage?” Eli shook his head. “Uhh, okay. Your room number is, uhh,” he paused as he looked at a computer screen, “number 205.”

Eli started to walk away, and the Captain stopped him and said, “Please come to the ballroom at three thirty, okay?”

“Okay,” Eli replied as the Captain tossed him a key labeled 205.

Eli rushed to his room, and looked at the alarm clock. It read 2:15.

Hmm, what to do before 3:30? Ah, yes, lets take a nap.

Callandor
December 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Zeph was walking up the gang plank, leaving behind(forever he wished) those dispicable pretenders who called them selfs his family. "Look at them. Such a disgusting display," he mumbled.

"Excuse me sir?" asked some one. Zeph look up ahead of him. He had reached the top of the plank, and a crew member was stoping him from walking past.

"What!" Zeph barked. He had paid for the ticket...oh. He slamed the ticket in the persons hand. Who, in turn, gently placed the room key with the number 116 in Zeph's hand. Zeph just snered at the man. No, he looked more child then man.

Zeph started to walk in the ship, when, "Sir, I must tell you that you must be in the Ballroom by 3:30, for an important announcement. Also sir we don't have a golf course."

"Thanks," Zeph growled at the boy. He walked away carring the golf bag on his back along with two other backpacks and a small tent bag.

"Would you like me to take your..." he started.

"No," Zeph intrupted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Zeph finaly made it to his room, what he saw was what he expeted. Luxury far beyond what he had at that prison those pretenders had called home. He walked to the clock on the table next to one of the beds. Those idiots had got him a two person room. He was starting to be covinced that those particulay people really were just stupid. He went to unplug the clock, when he noticed that the plug was behind the bed. Then he went to move the bed, and found that it was nailed down.

"Damnit. This means I have to use my own clock," Zeph said. He went to the golf and got out a small stereo, and put in a CD. He hit the skip button four time, then hit the repeat button. The song that started playing was Immortal by Adema. Zeph then opened up one of the backpacks to reveal several of his minor tools. He took out his screwdriver and opened up the clock he had just taken out of his tent bag, sat down and started to tinker with the clock. When he was to be finished, with just a few more part he didn't have on him, it would be a very weak bomb.

Captain Blue
December 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Gregor approached the old wooden gangplank, his heart already feeling free from the evils of the city. He held his ticket out in front of him, hoping the crew would simply let him board without question. Just as his left foot touched the ship, however, he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

It was one of the ship's pursers. "Sir, please let us inspect your bag before you board the ship. It will only take a second."

Gregor's happy expression shattered upon hearing that. He stepped back, away from the ship, and spread his arms out. For the love of god, please don't open it..., he worried to himself.

The purser pulled out a handheld metal detector and ran it over Gregor and his bag. No sound was registered. "Thank you, sir. Enjoy your cruise!"

Gregor exhaled a deep sigh of relief. "You're very welcome. I'll be sure to enjoy it the best I can." So, with that, he stepped onto the ship, when he was stopped again by the same purser.

"Sir, I almost forgot to tell you which room you'll be staying in.", he announced as he handed a key with a small wood plank to Gregor. Carved into said plank was the number 210. "Your room is room 210. You're free to walk around the ship as you please, but remember to go to the ballroom at 3:30 for an important announcement. Until then, enjoy."

Gregor pocketed the key and shambled along the halls until he found an old map of the ship on the wall. He studied it until he found room 210, then jogged to his room. The door was locked, as logic would denote. Gregor unlocked the door to his room...but then it hit him. Even though I'd like to just sit back and relax for this cruise, there are certainly friends to make on this ship. I should pass the time by speaking with them. He shut the door quietly as he went back and began to wander the halls, hoping to either find someone, or hear someone in their room, enter, and socialize with them in their rooms.

Sublime
December 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM
"Well, this is...adequate" Timothy Bellwood, a sharp-dressed twenty-seven year old, uttered with a hint dissapointment drifting along with his sentence. He had been waiting for this cruise for a few days now; mainly to releive stress that had been introduced by his recent seperation with his wife. She's a persistant one though. She hasn't stopped calling him since the seperation, so Tim thought this would be a relaxcing retreat for a while.

He fumbled around the lower potion of the ship for awhile, trying to find some guidance. It was then that he was stopped by one of the ship's crew. It was a rather husky man that stopped him; he also looked as if he had served a good time at sea. You just get that feeling when around a seasalt like him.

"You must be...Mr.Bellwood?" The man asked, glancing at a clipboard. It must've had some information about Tim on it for the man to know who he was.

"Yea, I am. Can you uh..Tell me where my room is by any chance?" Tim asked, fumbling his words a bit.

"As a matter of fact, yes!" The crewman replied, handing Tim a keychain with a shiny silver key and a worn piece of plastic hung on it. The keychain read, S.S.Maria, releaving you of all your life's troubles! Under the slogan was a half peeled off sticker that read Room 118.

"Thanks man, I'll be seeing you." Tim thanked the man with a small wave and started to head off. Until he was interupted, that is.

"Wait, wait!" The same, seafaring man from before called. "You must be in the ballroom at 3:30 for an important meeting! Don't be late!"

"Alright." Tim said giving a final wave and walking away.

Tim had never been on a cruise liner. So the size of it was pretty staggering to him. He traversed the ship for what seemed liked ages until he found room 118. He put the cold key into the lock and listened to the tumblers fall. The door had a nasty creak to it, most likely from aging.

The room itself was reminiscint of a hotel room. The bolted down bed that smelled of cheap cleaners and honeymoon lust, the TV that only had three stations, the digital clock that was always about fifteen minutes behind, and the bathroom that had all the mini-sized goodies. Tim threw his bags carelessly onto the floor and strutted into the bathroom for some grooming.

He quickly brushed his hair in the mirror, which was badly chipped and smudged. After his grooming, he decided to take a look at what freebies this cruise had to offer. Mini-shampoo, mini-conditioner, mini-hand sanitizer, even mini-cologne. He pocketed the sanitizer and cologne for later use. Always gotta be clean and smell good, right?

He walked out of the bathroom and sat down on the unusually stiff bed. He felt his phone vibrate and heard the polyphonic version of "Feel Good Inc." play. He took his phone out of his pocket to see just who could be calling when everyone who knows he's on vacation.

Incoming Call-
Tiffany

"Shut the hell up" Tim scowled at the phone with disgust filling his voice. He promplty hit the ignore button and laid back on the bed. It wasn't but a minute later that he got a text message, this time causing a polyphonic "Dirty Harry" to play.

1 New Message
Tifanny-
Hey bbycakes, y dont u anser my calls? i <3 u

Tim was about sick of this. He was supposed to be relaxing. He hit the "Reply" button to give this woman the point.

To: Tiffany

He sent the message and closed his phone. The luminescant, green numbers glew in front of his face. 2:15

He let out a sigh as he dropped the phone on the bed. What the hell am I gonna do for an hour and fifteen minutes? He pondered as his eyes drifted shut...

JBCBlank
December 30th, 2008, 09:58 PM
**WARNING**

SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE CONTENT READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

With a final Thrust their bodies collided with the door and it fell open, it's knob falling to the ground with a splintering CRACK! They fell, and hit the sami-carpeted floors with a thud that sounded worse then it was. Lily glanced around, her long hair had been forced free by the man who lay atop her and she truly did not wish to be found in such a position, especially since it was not allowed. He however, did not care if they were seen or not, he just wanted satisfaction. She tried to push him away, but he was having none of it, "STAY STILL!" he ordered placing a hand on either side of her.

She obeyed, this man had not forced himself on her, but he kept her with him by force. "But... if we're caught-"

"I don't care! and you shouldn't either!" he said pulling up, taking her with him he dragged them back into the closet, "This... is for you and me..." he closed the door and they were enveloped in darkness. "Oh.. and thanks for telling me how to get to my room." he chuckled and she knew no more.

((no he did not kill her. He made her... forget her troubles hehehe ))

GFA
January 1st, 2009, 07:08 AM
Joe walked to his grandson, “You take care of the bambinos, OK Jimmy?” The boy saluted his grandfather. Joe nodded and walked over to the boarding dock. A security guard asked him for his ticket, Joe showed the man his ticket and the man told him his room number. Before Joe walked through a metal detector he pulled out a clip of cash from his wallet, and handed it to the guard who watched the detector, “You wouldn’t uh, mind ignoring the uh, contents of my bag would you?”

The guard stood behind the detector counting his newfound money. His bags went through and no one noticed the gun. Joe checked his ticket, ‘Room 213’. Joe grunted, “Darned Kidney Stone…” Joe hefted his bags and set off for his room.

When Joe arrived in his room he quickly tossed his bags to the ground and laid down on his bed, Thank God for Dr. Kulver, Joe thought. Without the good doctor, Joe would’ve been at home in pain on his lumpy couch. Joe sagged into his bed even deeper and checked his wristwatch, ‘2:15’ Plenty of time for a nap… And with that, Joe set his watch to go off at 3:15 and fell into a light sleep.

(OOC): In the OOC thread it sais I'm 202, here it says I'm 213...?

Kogenta
January 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
(OOC): In the OOC thread it sais I'm 202, here it says I'm 213...?

[OOC: Er, sorry. I thought both said 213 since I copied a pasted the room assignments here from the OOC thread.]

Still humming his cheerful tune, Captain Fin checked his watch. "Oh, 3:17 already. Heh, now I'm getting a little nervous." He adjusted his collar and pulled some notes out of a drawer. For a few seconds he shuffled through the papers, then placed one page on top. From one pocket he drew a heavy pen that he used to make a few marks. As long as I cover all the points, I think I can afford to enjoy myself with this. The captain tapped the base of the pen thoughtfully against his chin. Yes, no sense getting all up tight about some public speaking and ruining my excitement.

Fin cleared his throat and pressed a red, square button on the console. A green light switched on, and the man picked up a microphone attached to the control panel by a cord. Lifting the sound unit to his mouth, he spoke.

"Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . " He glanced back at his watch. "Approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made--one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you." Fin turned the PA system off.

------------

Sam and Terry propped open the double doors of the ballroom with wooden doorstops, a smile passing between them as they heard the Captain's announcement. Several rows of folding chairs had been set out in front of the stage for the guests they anticipated would soon arrive.

[OOC: Please guide your characters to the ballroom. Once everyone (preferrably) or at least most people have arrived, Captain Fin will begin the game.]

GFA
January 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Joe had gotten up 2 minutes before the Captain's announcment took place, but hadn't gotten out of bed before hand. Stupid annoncments... Joe rolled over, but realized he needed to get up. Before he headed off to the ballroom, he quickly tucked his pistol under his pillow, Better safe then sorry.

As Joe left his room, he found his mind racing... I'm on vacation, calm down Giuseppe. Calm Down. Joe clutched his Kidney which seared in pain, Damn Kidney. Joe sighed and headed towards the ballroom for the long awaited breefing.

The room had giant oaken doors. He opened the doors and walked in, "Amazing!" Joe wandered around the grandiose room, found a lone table, and firmly sat down, expecting a boring lecture, Great

OOC:Typing on the Wii is hard...

Rabbit
January 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Linda Clennel swept onboard in a wonderful mood. The sight of the great white liner moored on the background of a perfectly blue sky was very aesthetically pleasing. She admired the attendants' trim uniforms. This is what a luxury cruise should be like, she thought as the attendant offered to take her baggage. She demured, but he insisted, and she ended up following him and her little trolly down the hall to her room. It was part of being over forty that no one would allow you to carry your own bags, but it was still pleasant to be waited on and served. It was something else that came with the cost - but ah, don't think about the costs, she told herself. Just enjoy the pleasant interior.

This part of the ship was more like a hotel than anything, with tasteful panelling and a rich carpet. She opened the door to her room - how pleasant! There were no stairs to take - and found it just as agreeable. It was a dream in grey-green tints, with plush bedcovers and an ornate table lamp on the bedtable. The blinds were half drawn, casting the room in soft shadows. Linda, who had never liked sleeping in unfamiliar places, felt instantly soothed.

The attendant handed her the trolly and saluted smartly from the doorway, adding, "Please be at the ballroom by 3:30 for an announcement. It's right down the hall and to the left."

The clock on the wall read 2:25 pm. That gave her quite a lot of time. Linda spent it unhurriedly unpacking, humming softly and occasionally looking out the window. A few times she heard loud footsteps in the hall and thought, regretfully, that there were so few people her own age on the cruise. Children she could deal with, but the young men and women these days were so uncourteous.

Gulpin
January 2nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Eli was suddenly wakened by the loud voice of the captain. "Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made-one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Damn, I hope I'm not late, Eli thought, trying not to be mad at the captain, I have to get dressed and ready and - wait, where is the ballroom? Damn!

Though Eli regretted it, he just kept on his sweaty clothes. He ran out of the door into the middle of the hall. He seemed to have bothered some of the snobby rich people already, who were looking at him like he was a pile of dirty rags.

He ran and found the closest crew member, a worried looking guy whose name was Jack.

"Where is the ballroom? I can't be late!"

The man, Jack, backed away from the seemingly crazy Eli, saying, "It's just one floor up, I'm sure you'll find it!"

Eli pushed Jack aside and ran up the stairs to the main deck. It had a sign pointing the ballroom. He ran in the direction of the ballroom and found it was full of about 17 people. He sat down in the back, and rested before the 'oh so important' announcement.

Loki
January 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Contrary to his stereotype, Vic was very considerate about what the Captain might have to say. He'd taken the liberty to leave his mp3 player and headphones in his room, and wore a black blazer over his loose T-shirt, to hide the graffiti print. Hey, nobody here was into that stuff, he reasoned. There was no reason to garner all the attention for himself during the Captain's only time to shine, right? His brothers had always never had the chance to actually see the captains when they went on cruises, even with their high rankings. Or more like, they'd turned down the opportunity to do so. But it didn't really seem like a usual occurence. Might as well treat it importantly, right? Now there was only one problem with Vic's consideration. He was bored out of his mind. He'd arrive about fifteen minutes early, not having enough time to go to the gym, not having found a place when he could dance, and not having much else to do on a cruise, since watching water rush past was not very interesting, and he wasn’t very tired. As such, Vic had taken to wandering around the ballroom area for just a few minutes, flashing friendly smiles at whoever passed him by, but moving fast enough so that he wouldn’t have to stop to chat with them. Man what would he talk about if they stopped him?

At this thought, he decided it would now be prudent to return back to the ballroom. He didn’t like being late, and being late after being early was possibly the worst and most frustrating thing Vic could ever experience. Since the beginning of the cruise, he’d dropped the dancing itch in his feet as he walked, dragging his feet instead. He’d seen various people he’d identified as apart of the crew, and spotted two men who looked just like each other when he’d arrived early. (Twins were such a fascinating phenomenon. If he should ever have children, Vic had already long decided that he would settle for nothing less than a pair of twins, as strange as his expectations were.) There were various others who seemed to talk to the other guests, but… Vic had yet to get back into the hang of acting like your everyday joe again. He observed carefully, but said nothing. He conjured up imaginary responses and additions to coversations, but never interjected. Practice, practice.

He sat down, automatically sliding down in his seat and slouching like there was no tomorrow. Oops. Vic chewed on the inside of his lip as he discreetly slid back up his seat into more proper poise, glancing around and settling into the uncomfortable position that he’d spend the next few days getting used to. In just a moment or two after Vic had corrected his posture, he glanced to his right when someone with a gray hoodie sat down beside him. Er, was that a kid?

Vic glanced back at the door, but let it go. Whatever. If the kid wanted to sit without his parents, it wasn’t Vic’s problem. Heh, in fact, that was probably something he would’ve done himself back when he was the kiddo’s age. As if he’d get caught dead sitting with his straight faced, sourpuss, tight lipped family. No no, it was thoughts like these that made you get older. Shoving the thoughts aside, Vic fished for a conversation starter. But to be blatantly honest, he wasn’t particularly experienced with talking to actual children, even if he acted like one. He settled back into silence, glancing at his bracelet only to remember that he hadn’t yet replaced it with his watch.

Dang. But hey, that would be a good spark for small talk.

… Hm, it’d probably make sense if the kid was ten years older. Vic sighed. Again, no dice. Not being able to communicate well was an interesting first happening for Vic. He enjoyed the new experience, but the awkwardness wasn’t quite as pleasing.

Captain Blue
January 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Gregor was too nice to intrude on any rooms, and found nobody wandering the halls, so he had meandered the entire time to no avail. He then heard the PA system. "Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made-one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

"Oh darn. I was hoping I'd be able to find a friend or two. I guess I'll have to just meet up with everyone in the ballroom....which way is it to the ballroom?", questioned Gregor. He wandered around again until he found the same map on the wall. He studied it again, then found the ballroom. "There it is", he confirmed. And so he simply walked to the ballroom at a brisk pace, wanting to be early. He found the large oaken doors of the ballroom and carefully pushed them open, not wanting to accidentally hurt anyone who might be behind or approaching the door from the other side. He was astonished with the quality of the glasswork in the ballroom, right down to the glasses, which seemed to have been made with real crystal. This is very high-class. I almost feel out of place., he thought to himself.

ANARCHit3cht
January 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Jon song had ended. It ended in just enough time for him to hear about the meeting starting in about eight minutes. "Ok, well I am glad that I will get this over with.." He pulled out his headphones and pocketed his iPod. "Guess I'll go freshen up..." he walked down the stairs to his room. Pulling the key from his pocket he unlocked the door. He went to his bags and unzipped them. He pulled out his suit, the pants, overcoat, shirt, socks, and shoes. He tossed it all on his bed and then went into the bathroom. "Oh, forgot my toothbrush.." he walked back out and went to his bags again. This time he pulled up the velcro flap and pulled out a small travel toothbrush, some toothpaste and a small bottle of cologne. Now he was ready and went into the bathroom. Jon wet the toothbrush and squeezed some toothpaste onto it. He scrubbed his teeth and then spat. "Hm.. I wonder who else is on this cruise.." He scrubbed again, and during the time was thinking about who he would like to meet and who he wouldn't want to meet. He spat again. He came to the conclusion that he would want to meet someone like him, who likes to have a good time, but knows when it is serious. He started scrubbing again, spitting moments later. "I wouldn't want to meet someone like my co-worker.. all up-tight and serious all the time... what a drag.." he thought out loud. Scrubbing for his final time, Jon checked his watch. He had a few minutes to finish. He spat one last time before rinsing. He swished some water in his mouth, gargled it and then let it fall from his mouth.

On his way out the door, he grabbed his cologne bottle and tossed it on his bed. He scooped up his suit, and quickly dressed into it. He grabbed his bottle and sprayed on him. He sniffed, and felt okay with the smell. "Now... where is the ballroom.. I am sure that there are some maps around here.." He walked out the door, and looked to his left, nothing. To his right, he saw a map. He ran up to it, found his location and scanned for the ballroom. It said it was found on the fourth floor, the third one if you didn't count the storage area. He made his way there, and found a map a quickly. Looking at the map, he found the ballroom. Jon went into the room, and looked around. He wasn't the earliest person, but he didn't think he was the last to arrive. Choosing a seat as not to disturb anyone. He took a seat in front of a very young looking person. He sat up in good posture, and wore a black blazer. "God, I hope he isn't so serious as he appears to be.." Jon thought and then looked at the front of the room.

Rabbit
January 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Linda entered the ballroom looking like a frazzled auntie. She had changed into a black skirt for comfort and had bundled up in an oversized knit sweater.There was a fixed look of pleasant surprise on her face as she looked up at the high ceiling with its crystal chandeliers and around at the wide panelled hall, and found it in good taste. Chairs had been set out for a few dozen people, and the room was beginning to fill up. There probably wern't many more to wait for, as the boarding lineup had been short.

Linda took a seat in the front row, where it was empty, and checked her watch. Only minutes to go. She settled back and folded her hands in her lap, beaming with approval at the empty stage. What could they expect to hear from the captain? Most likely, she reasoned, the announcement would have to do with cruise safety. That was quite routine for adventures of this sort.

JBCBlank
January 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
((I hope I did not make Jake teleport XD))

Stretching as one would, (I temporarily forgot my guys name.... ) Kyle made his way to the Ballroom, he did not know why he was going there anymore, something about a note in his cabin perhaps, he shrugged, who really cared, he was here, he was almost home free now. All he needed was to find a nice empty port so that he could hightail it out of here. With a long sigh he placed his hands on the back of his head, nothing better then a walk, especially after what he had put that waitress threw, he chuckled to himself, he knew he was good, but he had thought he had lost his touch after so many years. He glanced inside of an open door for a moment, he saw a room, clean and warm as his was, nothing special. Now that he thought about it, there was really nothing special about this ship, perhaps his standards were to high. At the thought Kyle let a hearty laugh escape him, Standards, what standards could he have? Jail had been his standard. He closed his eyes and fingered the note in his pocket, he never knew when he would change, all he knew was that suddenly he would have a moment of blacking out, he had tried to control it once or twice but it seemed that he just could not see what he did when Kayley was around. He hoped at least that she would not show up until he got to the Ballroom and at least let one person know of his problem. Would they understand? This was something he could never anticipate. A split personality was one thing, but when your second personality was a frightened girl, that was different all together.

He glanced around him and discovered something disappointed, "Damn it!" he cursed letting his hands drop, "I'm lost! Why does this ship have to be so big?!" he growled and tried to find a sign that would tell him where he was, "I should really make a map." He sighed.

"You're damn right!" a voice called before an unexpected pain cut threw his cheek. Kyle fell to the floor his head smashing against the wall. He scarcely got a look at his attacker when consciousness left him.

Opening her eyes Kayley felt the pain, she looked up at the man her voice filled with fear, "Where am I?!" she gasped as tears filled her eyes.

The guy stared down at her just long enough so that she could read his name tag, Jack, He seemed confused, "WTF is wrong with you?!" he asked watching as Kayley stood up holding her cheek.

"Y-you hit me didn't you?" she asked trying to step back but only ending up pressed against the wall.

Jack gawked at the man that stood before him, this dude moved like a girl, "You're damn right it hit you! You slept with my girl friend!"

"I what?!" Kayley covered her mouth with her left hand, "I would never- How could you accuse me of such a thing?!"

Jack snarled, "You know damn well that you did it!" He grabbed the man's arm, "You are Kyle Lopez! I would recognize you anywhere!"

"My name is not Kyle!" she pulled away from him with a strength that she did not know she had, "I am not a Kyle! Are you even looking-" she stopped in mid sentence as she looked down at herself, she could have sworn that she had been wearing a black sweater and skirt. What was this? A Grey sweater... Jeans... an inverted cross... what happened to her figure... WHAT WAS GOING ON?! She pushed past the waiter, running as fast as her legs would take her. She stopped at a window and saw her reflection, "No..." She noticed suddenly that she could no longer see out of her right eye. She leaned in close and recoiled. "no... this can't-" A voice whispered to her, a voice she felt was familiar. "Who...? Kyle?"

He chuckled, yes, Kayley, it is I... the true owner of this body.. I've been trying to meet you for years.

She shivered, "Wha-"

We're on a cruse, nothing more Kayley dearest. But if you want to live, you'll have to do everything that I say... is that clear? She nodded, Good, let's head to the Ballroom, I think if we go to the right we'll be able to get there. Best not to run into that Waiter again. The waitress said she had a boyfriend but I didn't expect him to have some ba-.... um... to be so brave.

Kayle turned and started walking, "So you did-?"

Can't you walk more like a man?! Jeesh don't make me look like i'm gay or something of the like!

Kayle stiffened and walked a bit more relaxed, "Is this better?"

You tell me, you're the one talking to yourself. Kyle teased.

Kayle sighed and continued down the hall, This body, was familiar yet so strange. How had she never noticed it before? How did she convince herself that it was a woman's body she inhabited? Before she knew it she found a sign that pointed to the Ballroom. She fallowed it and found herself inside,Good, let's find a place to stand where we can see everyone, make sure our backs' to the wall, I hate it when people sneak up on me.

"Ok." Kayle answered and made her way to a far corner where she turned and leaned against the wall, "this good?"

yeah. Let's hope those waiters don't find us here. That would be annoying. Kayley agreed, though she was unsure exactly what was, or had happened. She knew one thing, enough digging in her memories would tell her at least what she needed to know.

Sublime
January 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM
(OoC: Ugh, sorry for the terrible post x_x. I'm not really in the RP'ing mood, but figured I should get a post up)

The announcement of the meeting chimed through Tim's room. He was wide awake from his nap and IM'ing his good friend on his laptop when the Captain's message came through the intercom. Tim quickly typed a message to his buddy to explain why he had to leave.

"hey dude. g2g gotta go 2 a meetin in the ballrm. bbl"

And with that, he shut his laptop and trudged out of his room.

The ballroom was located on the second floor of the ship, apparently. It took Tim a few minutes to find his way around the ship to his destination, but he made it just in time.

The ballroom had a few people in it; not as many as Tim expected, that's for sure. He was never really one to talk to strangers, so he sat down in a lone seat in the middle of the room. He decided to tick away the last few minutes by surfing the web on his phone.

He came across an interesting website about cruises. It said something about people being killed on cruises, and nobody finding out.

"Hah. Complete bull.." Tim said with a chuckle as he continued browsing.

Kogenta
January 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Captain Fin strode onto the ballroom stage, his well-shined black shoes and clean, dark blue uniform suiting his confident manner and assuring those present that he was indeed the commander of this vessel. On the collar of his uniform was clipped a small microphone. Smiling, Fin held his hands forth. "Welcome, everyone, to the S.S. Maria. It's a true please to have you aboard." Lowering his hands, he continued, "We have a fun cruise planned for all of you, one that I think you will never forget. As you will find, the S.S. Maria has been outfitted to serve your every need. Meal schedules and activity listings are available in all your rooms along with menus for room service."

While the captain spoke, Sam and Terry positioned themselves at the base of the stairs at each end of the stage. Outside the ballroom doors, Lily peered around the doorway edge at group of people assembled. Her eyes rested for a brief moment on Kyle/Kayley, and as she leaned back out of sight she removed her hairtie from her mouth and bit her lip. After tying her hair back into its ponytail, she picked up an envelope from where she had left it on the ground. Cap's getting close to the big announcement. Let's hope it goes well . . . Oh, I told him to just tell everyone from the control center.

[OOC: The following portion is essentially review from the opening post and suggestion thread. ]

Alone on the stage, Captain Fin stood like a pillar, his voice filling and echoing about the room. "Regrettably, however, I must inform you of a minor change to our cruise schedule. The S.S. Maria will not be docking at the next port. Actually, the S.S. Maria will not be docking at all. Not until you fulfill certain . . . requirements." He paused to gauge audience reaction. "Now I understand that you came here for a vacation and are not eager to spend it working. No need to worry. If you recall reading about this cruise in your brochure, you will know that this voyage was to be made unique by its special activities (including one not listed on the schedule). In other words, all you need to do is play a game the ship will be hosting, and if you are good enough at it we may be able to write the next port back into our schedule.

"The rules of the game are as follows:
Each of you will be given the name of one other passenger. Your goal is to kill this passenger. Be aware that someone else is targeting you as well, so keep your guard up. As I stated before, the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need. While, unfortunately, we were unable to procure any explosives or firearms, fireplace pokers and steak knives are quite effective. Did I mention we have an archery room? And a mini museum with a medieval exhibit? Once you have successfully eliminated your target, you will be given the deceased's target as your new one. We are not barbarians, so we will not ask you to kill until only one person remains. You need only narrow your numbers to two for the game to finish. Also, we are not fans of mindless slaughter. So we ask that the only circumstances under which you kill another person are that they are your given target or they attempt to kill you. Should you choose to disregard this rule, you will be . . . eliminated. Heh.

"Teaming up with other players is allowed--even encouraged--though you ought to be careful who you trust. Also be aware that if you attack a crew member for any reason other than self defense, the crew will be carried off into the sunset as the ship--with all of you still on it, I will note--explodes. Crew members have been ordered not to interfere with the game, however, so I doubt an opportunity for attack will arise."

[OOC: New content follows.]

Throughout his speech, Captain Fin never stopped smiling. "Now, all this may take a moment to process. The lovely Lily will call your names and dismiss you one by one. When you meet her at the door, she will give you the name of your target. Afterward, you are free to find a place to think and brood." Fin bowed. "Until later, my dear guests. I will inform you of any updates."

[OOC:
EDIT: I sent out the targets. If you do not receive your message, please PM me or post in the OOC thread.]

GFA
January 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
OOC: Sorry about the shortness of my post, I'm a biut nervous being the first one to post after we know our 'kill'.

Joe sighed a long, complicated sigh. To be a killer once more,… and some pore kid none the less. I’m getting to old for this. Joe sighed again, and headed off to his room, his eyes taking in any possible suspicious movement. Then again, most of the other people on this tub weren’t in the Mafia…

Joe reached his room, locked the door, pulled a chair from his room’s desk, and sat it up on the door handle making the room even harder to penetrate. Joe grunted in pain. Damn Kidney Stone… Joe went to the room’s bathroom to deal with his problem. But not before grabbing his gun from underneath his pillow and tucking it into his pant’s pocket

JBCBlank
January 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Kayley gasped, "Did he say-?"

Great! This is what I was made for! He shouted attempting to force his arm up but Kayley was not allowing it, Hey! be a sport!

"I'm not going to kill anybody!" She stated stamping his foot on the floor like a spoiled child.

Don't do that! Kyle demanded, I'm not going to let you ruin what little reputation I have left!

"You HAVE no reputation!" she shouted and a random person turned to look at her, "Hi..." she giggled waving in a very girlish way.

Kyle wanted to scream, WHY YOU LITTLE-! he stopped and gathered himself, Ok... ok... Let's make a deal. So that we can survive this... you do... everything that I say. And then, when we get out of here... You can do what ever you want... with my body...

"what makes you think I want.... this?!" she looked at herself, "Guh... what is this...?"

Don't touch that unless you want more attention than you got already! Kyle mused reaching a hand up and scratching his head, "Oi... it worked...." he blinked, "Hey.. when did that happen?" Kayley snuggled against him, "WTF!?" he shouted almost falling over, she was standing next to him, touching him. "Get away from me!" he shouted running into a table. He fell over it and ended up with a knife in his leg, "Mother-!" he hissed and tried to stand. "that's not good.. not good at all!" he pulled the knife out and placed it next to him on the floor. "You-." she was gone, he felt her still but she was no longer standing there, "Kayley?"

Why did you do that? You scared me. She whispered obviously in tears.

"We- I...."

Well nothing! You are... She slapped him with his own hand, An evil man!

"Ouch!" Kyle shouted covering his face with his other hand, "I have half a mind to-" she slapped him again, "STOP IT!"

He turned to everyone, they were watching him, go ahead... say something witty Kyle.

he smiled, "I uh... just.... bye!" he ran toward the open bar, "Don't ever do that again!" He snarled as he sat at a random bar stool. The bartender asked for his order and Kyle only waved him off, a drink didn't seem appropriate for some reason... not yet anyway. Kyle listened to Lily as she read the names, he sighed, he knew that it would be far more then awkward when his name came up. The protocol he had been taught, was to act as though nothing had happened, it had worked for him in the past and he was sure that it would work now.

He heard his name, with a long sigh he stood and walked over to her, he expected her to act cool, as one should but what he got was a surprise to not just him, "Mr. Lopez?"

"That's my name." Kyle answered taking the envelope from her hand.

"Good." Lily responded gave him a swift kick in the groin.

Kyle fell to his knees clutching himself, such pain he had never before felt, "Damn... were you in the army or something?!" he forced the words past his lips just barely.

"Marines." she answered and kicked him once more, "Keep your hands off of me!"

Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it.

"You didn't seem to mind earlier."

And for that she kicked him in the face, breaking his nose effectively. "You're lucky we're not allowed to attack passengers! But don't you expect any help from me in the future!"

"I won't..." he said with a wave of his hand. "I'm just gonna... go... that way..." he mumbled standing and making his way out. he found a far piece of hallway and leaned against the wall. He closed his eyes and cracked his nose, "ok... no sleeping with Army girls."

Marines.

"Shut up Kayley."

TwilitDusk
January 9th, 2009, 09:48 PM
"Kill or be killed." Inaba said, frowning. "That moron, Ken, is just going to get in our way. He wouldn't kill people unless he had no other way to live. But the moron wouldn't get that this is already how it is..." He headed back to his bedroom, frowning.

"Meaning I have to keep myself active as much as I can." He told himself, carefully looking around for people who would be following him.

As he was about ot open the door, he blinked. "They said... a medieval exibit, didn't they? Good... I can get a sword there..." Inaba grinned to himself as he went into his room, pausing.

"However, if someone attacks me before I get it, I'll be defensless... so..." He quickly changed into his Kendo gear, wooden Bokken at his waist. "There... I'm sure I can defend myself against a novice with even this."

The teenager took off towards the mini museum as fast as he could, which was pretty fast, forgetting to lock the door to his room as he left.

Gulpin
January 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Eli was falling asleep when he heard a huge sweeping motion as the captain walked in. Okay, I hope we can just get this over with! Eli thought, not letting anyone know what he was thinking by keeping a masked look on his face. The captain was huge, well, at least to compared to Eli. He had large, black shoes about twice as big as Eli’s feet, a dark blue uniform which would swallow Eli whole, and a large, menacing smile that is bigger than the diameter of Eli’s head. Eli could see only one normal-sized thing on the captain’s body and that was a small microphone that was clipped onto his color.

"Welcome, everyone, to the S.S. Maria,” he stated, “It’s a true please to have you aboard. We have a fun cruise planned for all of you, one that I think you will never forget. As you will find, the S.S. Maria has been outfitted to serve your every need. Meal schedules and activity listings are available in all your rooms along with menus for room service."

Do you think we are idiots? I think these people and I are able to figure that out ourselves… I don’t think you really had to call us down here just for that! Okay, see – Eli’s thoughts were cut off when the captain started to say something else.

"Regrettably, however,”

Oh great… is there an iceberg in our future?

“I must inform you of a minor change to our cruise schedule. The S.S. Maria will not be docking at the next port.”

That was meant as a joke… so why aren’t we docking?

“Actually, the S.S. Maria will not be docking at all. Not until you fulfill certain . . . requirements."

Requirements, aye?

"Now I understand that you came here for a vacation and are not eager to spend it working.”

No dip, Sherlock.

“No need to worry. If you recall reading about this cruise in your brochure, you will know that this voyage was to be made unique by its special activities, including one not listed on the schedule.”

Yay! Special activities, Eli thought with a touch of sarcasm.

“In other words, all you need to do is play a game the ship will be hosting, and if you are good enough at it we may be able to write the next port back into our schedule.”

Ohh… A game! Sign me up, Eli thought getting more sarcastic with each thought.

"The rules of the game are as follows:”

Rules… I hate games with rules…

”Each of you will be given the name of one other passenger. Your goal is to kill this passenger.”

Holy s**t, Eli thought, losing any touch of sarcasm.

“Be aware that someone else is targeting you as well, so keep your guard up.”

S**t.

“As I stated before, the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need. While, unfortunately, we were unable to procure any explosives or firearms, fireplace pokers and steak knives are quite effective. Did I mention we have an archery room? And a mini museum with a medieval exhibit?”

Eli was already going through his mind searching for strategies. Don’t go to the archery room or the museum. People will be racing to get there, and the first one to get the weapon of choice will be able to kill the whole lot of us.

“Once you have successfully eliminated your target, you will be given the deceased's target as your new one. We are not barbarians.”

Barbarians? That is one word I would use to describe you, along with a whole lot of other words…

“So we will not ask you to kill until only one person remains. You need only narrow your numbers to two for the game to finish. Also, we are not fans of mindless slaughter. So we ask that the only circumstances under which you kill another person are that they are your given target or they attempt to kill you. Should you choose to disregard this rule, you will be . . . eliminated. Heh,”

Yeah, that is really funny…

"Teaming up with other players is allowed--even encouraged--though you ought to be careful who you trust.”

Lol, no.

“Also be aware that if you attack a crew member for any reason other than self defense, the crew will be carried off into the sunset as the ship--with all of you still on it, I will note--explodes. Crew members have been ordered not to interfere with the game, however, so I doubt an opportunity for attack will arise."

Yeah, because you are really trustworthy.

"Now, all this may take a moment to process,”

A while, You think?

“The lovely Lily will call your names and dismiss you one by one. When you meet her at the door, she will give you the name of your target. Afterward, you are free to find a place to think and brood." The man bowed, as if he had just been given a standing ovation. "Until later, my dear guests. I will inform you of any updates."

Eli sat, his head in between his legs trying to make himself smaller. Soon, they called out Eli’s name. Eli walked over to Lily, who had a large smile on her face, though her eyes revealed what she was really thinking. Eli could tell that she was sorry, and scared, and probably a lot of other emotions.

She whispered into his ear, and gave a name of what Eli was pretty sure of a young girl, about four years older than him.

Great… Eli thought as he ran to his room and locked his door.

JBCBlank
January 15th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Kyle ran his fingers threw his hair, a weapon, if he was going to be a target for someone then he would have to be prepared. "Kyle!" Came Kayley's voice once again.

"What do you want?!" he demanded startling a woman who had been running by in his blind spot.

Kayley sighed, "You're still bleeding Kyle!" she stated so loud that Kyle was certain that anyone withing three rooms must have heard it.

"And you have to make sure everyone knows don't ya!" he cried continuing to walk toward where he was certain he could find a weapon.

"What are you going to use then? a knife? A sword?"

"No... they don't cause enough pain..." he chuckled loudly and turned his head to see to his right, "I hate being half blind!" he hissed then saw something that he was sure he could use effectively, "Well well... what are you doing there?" he asked it as he walked over and picked it up, "You'll do darling, but you'll need some sprucing up."

It was an Electric Bass, black in color and owner less as it seemed. He looked around as best he could, yes this instrument would do nicely, it could cause blunt force damage, as well as choke anyone with the cords if the opportunity arose. yet he felt slightly defenseless still, perhaps if he headed for the museum as the captain had suggested- "No KYLE!"

"huh?" he asked unable to think of anything more intelligent.

"Everyone is going to go and get something from there! Do you think you're the only one whose going to get a sword? We must think more creatively, this Bass will do for now.. but we must find-" she stopped short, "What am I saying?"

"I guess some of my evil is seeping into you after all." he chuckled, "but you are right Kayley, if we are to be the last ones standing, we must find a weapon that none else will use." He thought about it, "Perhaps if we head back to the ballroom, we can find something and our target. Who was it again?"

"I... I don't remember." She admitted touching the tips of her fingers together.

"Well... aren't you helpful... at the very least you should be able to remember a guys name."

"Do you remember the name of the Waitress you took advantage of!?"

Kyle thought about it, "Lelah?"

Kayley sighed, "Let's go... before you hurt yourself again."

"Right." Kyle stated and turned to leave, unfortunately thanks to his blind spot he did not see the sign that hung in his way, he hit it and groaned, "oh... yeah... knew it was going to happen." he rubbed his forehead, "ahhhh... I hate myself." He leaned forward for a moment and saw a cable spanning the length of the floor, where the floor met the wall, "I know that..." he stated remembering his days fallowing his father, an electrician around, "That's electricity." he chuckled, "Lights out..." he grabbed it with his hands and snapped it easily.

All of the lights on that floor, Died instantly.

Kyle being used to the darkness was able to see ever so slightly, so he made his way up the hall passing panicky people. using only his ears he was able to avoid many, and find his way to where the most sound was to be found.

The ball room.

((I am assuming that my Target is still there, since his creator hasn't taken him else where. And for the record. if my Target's creator does not post soon, I am killing him!))

Captain Blue
January 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
"Regrettably, however, I must inform you of a minor change to our cruise schedule. The S.S. Maria will not be docking at the next port. Actually, the S.S. Maria will not be docking at all. Not until you fulfill certain . . . requirements."

Gregor's eyes widened at this. Please don't tell me this was a trap...

"Now I understand that you came here for a vacation and are not eager to spend it working. No need to worry. If you recall reading about this cruise in your brochure, you will know that this voyage was to be made unique by its special activities. In other words, all you need to do is play a game the ship will be hosting, and if you are good enough at it we may be able to write the next port back into our schedule."

Gregor gave a deep sigh of relief. A game? That's a relief...games are just harmless fun between friends...right?

"The rules of the game are as follows:
Each of you will be given the name of one other passenger. Your goal is to kill this passenger. Be aware that someone else is targeting you as well, so keep your guard up. As I stated before, the S.S. Maria is outfitted to serve your every need. While, unfortunately, we were unable to procure any explosives or firearms, fireplace pokers and steak knives are quite effective. Did I mention we have an archery room? And a mini museum with a medieval exhibit? Once you have successfully eliminated your target, you will be given the deceased's target as your new one. We are not barbarians, so we will not ask you to kill until only one person remains. You need only narrow your numbers to two for the game to finish. Also, we are not fans of mindless slaughter. So we ask that the only circumstances under which you kill another person are that they are your given target or they attempt to kill you. Should you choose to disregard this rule, you will be . . . eliminated. Heh."

Gregor's pupils dilated as his skin turned pale as a ghost in shock. No...please no...tell me this is a joke...please...I don't want another Carcer City!

"Teaming up with other players is allowed--even encouraged--though you ought to be careful who you trust. Also be aware that if you attack a crew member for any reason other than self defense, the crew will be carried off into the sunset as the ship--with all of you still on it, I will note--explodes. Crew members have been ordered not to interfere with the game, however, so I doubt an opportunity for attack will arise."

Thoughts were racing though Gregor's head, most screaming "GET OUT OF HERE NOW! SWIM BACK HOME!". However, he pulled himself together well enough to get a clear thought or two in. Okay...so this isn't total barbarianism...I just have to find someone to help me stay alive...there has to be someone. The prospect of being blown up isn't very nice-sounding, either...

"Now, all this may take a moment to process. The lovely Lily will call your names and dismiss you one by one. When you meet her at the door, she will give you the name of your target. Afterward, you are free to find a place to think and brood." Fin bowed. "Until later, my dear guests. I will inform you of any updates."

Gregor finally snapped. He approached Fin, his knees knocking with each step, then grabbing onto the captain's shoulders, his arms shaking as much as the rest of him due to fright. "Captain!...I can't do this! I'm not a killer! I couldn't hurt anyone! Please tell me this is a joke.", he begged.

Fin's eyes narrowed as he removed the cowardly boy's hands from his shoulders. "If you can't kill...then you'd best start running, boy. You don't have to kill if you can just keep running. Best of luck to you, boy. You'll need it."

Gregor's mind shattered... I don't want another Carcer City...but I can't be unarmed. I need to find some supplies... "Gregor Aurion?", asked Lily. Gregor turned his head to the waitress, who was now directly behind him. "Your target is..." the rest was inaudible to anyone but the word's intended target. "I...I see...take me to the first aid station, please...all of this has given me a terrible headache.", Gregor half-lied. If they decide to hunt me...I might need some things to keep going while I start running...I just hope what happened in Carcer City doesn't occur here... Lily nodded, took his hand, and guided him to the medical bay. "Take whatever you need.", she offered, giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Can you help me?", asked Gregor.

She looked a bit sorry for him, but knew she had to tell the truth. "The rules forbid crew members from helping those participating in the game. I'm sorry...Your heart just doesn't have what it takes to kill, does it..."

Gregor took a bottle of painkillers from the medicine cabinet, a stainless steel fountain pen from the sign-in clipboard at the door, and a metal flashlight from off the wall. "I don't...but he does...I've said too much already. Wish me luck." His legs regained confidence and shuffled their way to the door. "Good luck, heart of gold.", said Lily...just as the lights went out.

OOC: Saving this thread from being lost to obscurity, and making my first post. Hopefully I didn't screw everything up Also...don't expect posts to be as big as this all the time.

Kogenta
January 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Doctor Mortimer strolled down the hall, his hands in the pockets of his white medical coat and his expression inhumanly passive given the circumstances. The doctor assumed that some degree of chaos would ensue after the Captain's announcement--particularly down at his office--and decided to stop by the kitchen for a quick meal while he still had time. As he drew near the medical room, Mortimer passed Jack who caught his arm and said, "Lily's brought a patient to your office. Apparently he didn't take kindly to the Captain's speech."

Mortimer raised one eyebrow and furrowed the other. "Is that so . . . Well, I guess I'd better make sure he's all fixed up before someone goes and kills him, hm? Thank you, Jack." The waiter nodded and made his way back in the direction of the ballroom.

Upon arrival at his office, Dr. Mortimer opened the door and glanced from Lily to Gregor to the items in Gregor's hands. He opened his mouth to speak just as the blackout arrived. With a sigh Mortimer told Gregor, "I'd be happy to help you if you're feeling unwell, but I'm afraid raiding my office isn't going to be that easy. Steal from me if you must, but not when I'm around." From his pocket Mortimer drew the small light he used to examine patients' tongues and ears. Flicking it on, Mortimer turned to Lily. "You had best run along to the kitchen. Chef's likely to be furious about now, and someone will need to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. I think I'll be busy enough as is." Lily bit her lip and nodded. Glancing at Gregor, she smiled. "I hope you feel better soon." With that she left, running her hand lightly along one of the walls to feel her way through the darkness.

Turning back to Gregor, Mortimer continued, "Now, if you'll tell me what's wrong, perhaps I can assign some medication more specifically suited to you." He motioned toward the bed inside the office. "Please take a seat."

---------------

Already back on the top floor of the ship, Captain Fin took a deep breath of a passing sea breeze and smiled. "That went rather well, all things considered. Some of the passengers seem better suited for this than others. But variety is what makes the game interesting, right?" he rambled on to no one in particular. "And you never know how things'll turn out. For instance, that panicky fellow just might a little longer than he lets on." He browsed through the contents of a file folder.

A small, red bulb lit up in the control panel, and Fin leaned forward to better view its label. "Oh ho, what have we here? And I was thinking I'd have to schedule a blackout."

-----------------------

In the ballroom, Sam and Terry looked up as the lights went out.

"Is that bad?" Terry asked.

"Not for us, I think," Sam replied.

"But it is bad for someone."

"Yup. I wonder who that someone is."

------------

Jack strode out on deck, shielding his eyes from the sunlight as they readjusted from the darkness of the halls. Someone's already getting into the game, I see. Didn't think they'd be so eager.

------------

On the third floor up, Will made a routine check of the boiler room, unaware of the blackout just two floors above.

GFA
January 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Damn Kidney Stone… Joe walked out of his room’s bathroom and found the room as he had left it. Looks like I’m still safe for now… Joe looked at his door and moved the barricading chair.

Joe stuck his head out of his doors room and checked to see if anyone was in the hall. There weren’t. It appeared as if most everyone as in there room hiding, or was arming themselves. And that’s why I love bribes… Joe strolled into the hallway, his Colt Python .35 Magnum safely stowed in his coat pocket.

He strolled on to the main deck looking for his kill. Let see what these old eyes spy… Joe had looked around the main deck and found no one that fit his kill’s description.

Better take the search elsewhere…How about the archery room?

OOC: Pardon my stupidity Kogenta, but what did that last post due?

Loki
January 25th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Vic did little more than gape stupidly at the Captain for a whole duration of... five minutes? It took him that long to process what the Captain had just said. Well, it took him that long to reach the conclusion that he was paying good hard cash for a sick old man's entertainment. And then, he hopped to his feet just as the Captain swept out of the room, "Man you outta your mind!" Vic managed to yell before the door swung shut behind the man. "That brudda's outta his mind..." Vic mumbled to himself, a disgusted expression on his face as he sat back down, thinking hard. He walked out of this room, and he admitted to playing this game. Sure he'd wanted to "experience" everything, but killing was not one of them, and being killed before blowing all his money at Vegas, wasn't either. It would probably be a good idea to make some final adjustments to his will, just in case... Vic shook his head running hand through his hair as he tried to recompose himself. Damn that would be the scariest thing to do right now. Everything was always set in order, so there was no need to worry about that. No need to worry about it on the more immediate front either. After all, everyone on the cruise looked like normal, civilized people! But in order to make the game more interesting... wouldn't it be prudent for that whack-job of a captain to plant some crazies?

Well shi-

Vic looked down in his lap and looked up again. A girl had dropped a letter in his lap before turning on her heel and going to tend to another passenger. He looked down at it, and realized that he hadn't followed the directions to leave when Lily had instructed him to. I suppose she'd assumed that he had further business in the ballroom relating to the game...? He hoped she wasn't that twisted. But if the rest of the crew members weren't doing anything, that meant that they were. Dang it. He glanced around himself, feeling rather alone except with a few other straggling passengers. They probably really did have business in the ballroom. It wouldn't be a good idea to stay here any longer than he had to.

Turning the envelope over in his hands, Vic ripped the end off with expert precision, and pulled out the contents. He dropped the cardstock upon seeing the name written on it, but caught it before it hit the floor, shoving it into his jacket pocket quickly and swallowing a lump in his throat.

He had two problems. One, he didn't know how to kill a person. Two, he didn't even know who his target was, in person or appearance. How would he figure something like that out without getting killed in the process?

And wait, why was he even thinking about this?!

He stood up, ready to go back to his room and find a way to chill for a few hours before finally letting himself settle down on the idea of-

"What the?" Vic looked up as the lights were flushed out by darkness. He looked around, his eyes showing him nothing but blotches of color as they frantically tried to adjust. Shiznats, this was probably one of the first steps in the killing game. He sat back down to calm himself as he waited for some shapes to show up in the dark, nervously chiding himself for having never liked playing in the dark as a child.

There and then, he made a decision that was very soothing.

If he got out of this game alive, he'd sue this cruiseliner's company off their butts for as much as seven lawyers put together could garner on charges of damage.