PDA

View Full Version : What is your dream job?

spike6958
December 19th, 2008, 10:59 PM
What is your dream job? what would you like to do with your life? let us know here.

For me, it has always been my dream to become an actor, and I'm living in London training to do just that, it's a lot of hard work, but great fun, and for the first time in my life i am getting top marks in everything i do, not like in school where the only thing i got A+ in the final exam for was Drama with my second highest been English, English Literacy, and ICT(computers) with A's, everything else i got B or C in because i wasn't as interested in them and i only cared about passing Drama, English and English Literacy.

Anyway now it's your turn.

Heartless33
December 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I would like to be in a band and play the drums. I am really good with the drums but It's hard looking for a band and I really want to have fans and play concerts but I guess it can only be a dream job.

spike6958
December 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I would like to be in a band and play the drums. I am really good with the drums but It's hard looking for a band and I really want to have fans and play concerts but I guess it can only be a dream job.

I used to think that about acting, but I'm finally training to do it for real, you just have to be ready to take that leap of faith, it's not always easy, i hated that i had to leave all my family and friends behind for mine, but it is possible for as long as you believe it is possible, once you stop believing it is possible that is when it becomes impossible.

THIRTY-SIX
December 19th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I would love to be a psychiatrist.

♣Gawain♣
December 20th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I would either be an astronomer 'cause I love to explore the space. Or a biologist 'cause I love to study life.

ErickaVolt
December 20th, 2008, 12:42 AM
My dream job is to be a Computer Scientist. I want to make new programs or even a computer.

Guillermo
December 20th, 2008, 12:56 AM
NBA Superstar. If I could do that, I would love life and never let it get me down. If I can't become an NBA Superstar, I would like to become a doctor. Saving people's lives is something I would live to accomplish.

Rockéttes
December 20th, 2008, 04:52 AM
My 'Dream' job would be to successfully open my own recording studio. However, this probably won't end up happening, so I'll settle for a sound technician, graphic designer, or fashion designer.

Nuke
December 20th, 2008, 05:00 AM
My 'never happen' dream job would be a footballer.

But in the real world my dream job would be barrister.

Cassino
December 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Long-distance lorry driver.
It's not a hard job to get, just the HGV licence test is very expensive.

Pechachu
December 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Since I was younger, I've always wanted to write for Nintendo magazine. I guess since I still want to go into journalism, it could happen one day, but who knows? :3

Virtual Chatot
December 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Home-Server Manager
My uncle is one of these, and honestly, it's the easiest job in the world.

You sit and wait for the server to break or err, and all the while you're making a 6 figure income.
( half the time, he just sits and plays halo XD )

parallelzero
December 20th, 2008, 09:16 AM
My dream job would involve me getting paid to do nothing. *shot*

Seriously though, I don't really have a dream job. I figure something will come along that I'll like and I'll go along with it.

Aurafire
December 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Pro-hockey player for sure. You get payed millions of dollars....for playing an awesome sport. XD

More realistically though, I'd love to be a doctor of some type. I don't know what though, but I think it would be a great job =P

Azonic
December 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I want to be a Pokemon when I grow up.

If I can't do that, I'd be a journalist or something. Pretty much any job that gets a lot of money but requires no work is good for me. :> It's all about money. -shot- Maybe even a politician.

Spaekle Oddberry
December 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Illustrator, preferably freelance. Might do comics on the side.

The only thing I have that even slightly resembles a backup plan is 'computer programmer', also preferably freelance, but the art thing is what I can really see myself being happy doing.

Mitchman
December 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I am most likely the only member here who dreams of working with nintendo one day making zelda and mario games. Other then that tro be the best chef in the world.

Caelus
December 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
My dream job is being a programmer.
If that's not going to happen then I might be a Doctor. Why? Because saving people is satisfying and because my mom begged me to be one.

Still want to be a programmer, though.

jasonresno
December 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
So many different things. I absolutely love sports beyond reason so I'd love to play in the NBA or NFL.

On that same thought I love to play music and I'm in a band--it would be pretty nice to make it big :P.

And again I don't think I'd mind being a writer either, of any kind.

Acting always sounded fun too.

It all sounds good but..I donno.

If I had to be realistic I'd say I'd like to work my way up my current job. I just want something that pays the bills and I can leave behind at the end of the day to spend time with my girlfriend/wife.

Haza
December 20th, 2008, 02:24 PM
My dream career is a Vet. Im actually going to go to school for it after High school.

wakachamo
December 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I've always wanted to be a pilot. My father's been working for our national airline for about 35 years now, and I can't help but feel that flying vibe.

I don't know if I'm actually going to become one though. It's not that I'm not allowed, it's just that IMO, with this crisis that's looming over us right now, I fear that many airlines aren't going to be able to survive, and our national one is on that list. As much as I love to fly, I don't want to take a job that will soon be crushed.

Nevertheless, I know I've the ability to fly. And I know I really, really want to fly. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to take it professionally, though.

Shadowfaith
December 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Anything to do with film to be honest with you. I'd love to direct them the most but I'd love to creat eht estory boards, work the camera's and even do the animation behind the scenes heh. Either that or actually make it as an artist XP

Jessie
December 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I want to be a Wildlife Ecologist/Conservationist.

Or an Astronomer. Or Archeologist.

But I don't want to sit behind a desk, no matter what I do! :D

Master Electrician
December 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have two dram jobs. One involves a lot of schooling and effort to break into a very small job market. That one is to be a professor of Philosophy.

Otherwise, I'd absolutely love to be a game designer for one of four companies: Fantasy Flight Games (Dark Heresy), Goblin Press (Godlike), Wizards of the Coast (Dungeons & Dragons), or Games Workshop (Warhammer 40k). The idea of getting paid to tinker with and playtest tabletop rules is very very endearing to me. Given that the turnover rate for philosophy professors is incredibly slim, the above is rather more likely.

Yuoaman
December 20th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I have two dreams: become a Game Designer, and to become a Successful Fantasy Fiction Author; and since I plan to go to school for Game Development, that half is pretty much set up, the latter will require some work though...

BakingBluePotatoe
December 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
for someone with my name, my wish is extremely simple.

I want the play the Stock Market for a few years until I have enough to own my own Cafe. (and I want to be a main cook there =3)

Simple as that.

Harley Quinn
December 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM
To be honest, I don't know.

I'm leaning towards becoming a lawyer, architect or...ASTRONAUT though.

EffervescentEevee
December 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Actor or Director:)

I have never considered anything else for as long as I can remember.

pokemon_beauty
December 28th, 2008, 12:04 PM
To be a photographer and travel around the world immersing myself in other cultures and writing books about it.. while using my photography to illustrate the books :)

I will be working towards that goal next year, when I start college :D I am going to school for photography :)

Sauron
December 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I want to grow up and start a Campain to make the world Green, save 320,000,000,000 species, and to stop ALL pollution. This will take me 300 years..

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
A doctor. Just so I can say:
"NURSE! I need twenty milligrams of morphine here! STAT!"

the "STAT!" is the best part :D

Xaphan
December 28th, 2008, 03:14 PM
My dream job is touring with my symphonic black metal band, but if i cant have that, a composer for game music or a storyboard writer =]

mewthree w/armor
December 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I want to fix computers and be tech support, but I doubt that will happen.

But hay, right now, paying job is good!

Yamikarasu
December 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I was thinking it would be cool to be a journalist. Although I have no idea what it takes and have never taken a journalism class. I'm going to try to get on my school paper next year though. Otherwise, a Nobel Prize winning Physicist fo sho.

~*Champion Shirona*~
December 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
MY DREAM JOB... Without question is to be A HIGH FASHION VERSACE RUN-WAY MODEL, or A DOLCE AND GABBANA AND PRADA RUN WAY MODEL. I LIKE LIGHTS AND CAMERAS IN MY FACE. I will be FAMOUS... everyone will resent me.

~ Hmph

>Feelings<
December 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I don't have any specific dream job, or just one dream job to be exact.
Anything that goes with my will and gives me automatic incentive to work just cause I love it, is the definition of my dream job!

storm393
December 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
my dream job would be to be able to test games or make them,or be able to make my very own laptop model :)

kissing. raindrops
December 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
A vet. I want to be a vet. I love animals, even if I have to put them down, it's part of the job =/

Michii
December 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'm not too sure what I want to do come adulthood. I'm not too keen on doing the same thing over and over again, that's for sure. I'd want something exciting and upbeat, something that doesn't consist of the same thing from day to day. Good paying, too. :3

Design would be nice, but I'm sure my family would say "You're brilliant! Don't waste your mind on something like that!" So? Just because I'm smart doesn't mean that design isn't a cool way to go. Clothing design, interior design, I love that stuff. Music too, but I really don't think I could get a high paying job unless I compose, which I hate doing. I'd love to become an author, that's my dream. I'm really good at writing.. when I actually get my words on paper. I hit ruts a lot in my writing, and I can't afford to not sell well. I think being a doctor would be awesome. It's high paying, my family would approve, it's not the same exact thing everyday, and it's suspenseful at times. However, I'm not a fan of vomet by any means phobiaaa!! DD: and I'm afraid I'd screw up. I can't just play with lives like a chess game. :/

Worst part? I'm in highschool. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. College will just pounce on me and I'll have nowhere to turn.

Sonikku
December 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I wanna be a singer and sing it loud

Mira
December 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
My dream job is to be a novelist, but I'll probably end up being an editor or something :P

~SilverSoul
December 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I want to be a writer for Nintendo games, but that will probably never happen.

.emerald
December 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I haven't really thought about it that much...

But, if I am required to state the jobs that strikes my fantasy, then:

Writer and Author are they the same?(preferably for Nintendo's game plot.)
Computer Programmer
Game Designer
Linguist

Volkner's Apprentice
December 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I feel like having a career in general is dawning on me far too quickly...

but I'd say anything where I have an equal helping of the medical and public relations field would be perfect, if not a genetic scientist.

Capt. Couch
December 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
If I could go for anything, I'd be a professional bounty hunter. I'd be helping the police force and letting the general public know that there's somebody out there making them feel safe other than the police.

Realistically though, I'd be a programmer for a game company like Nintendo, since that's been one of my dreams since I was a little kid. Thinking of making the next big Mario game always made me excited.

Mooshykris
December 30th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I have 2 dreams:

The first, I want to be on the software development team at Alpha Omega Publications, the company that produces the software I use for school.

The second, which is more distant and is my ultimate goal. I want to be involved in storm chasing. I want to run a chasing reasearch team professionally like Hurricane Hunters for Hurricanes, with the goal of earlier detection then radar, and thus being able to save hundreds of lives in Tornado Alley.

~Mooshykris

jasonresno
December 30th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I changed my mind! I want to work for Dunder Mifflin.

Chibi-chan
December 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
My dream job would be to be an ambassador to a foreign country...Japan would be pretty interesting ^-^ I'd also love to work at Namco and make plots and characters for Tales games...that'd be so fun.

Counterfeit
December 30th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Oooh, I'd love to be an Eithical hacke-....wait.

Dream job, right? Unethical-hacker. ;D

Shining Platinum
December 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
My dream job would be working for the Ghost Hunters,'cause I'm kinda of a Paranormalist(Don't think that's a word xD).Im just fascinated by Paranormal crap.

If that doesn't happen I might be a Game Stop employee for a while study for college and be a Dr.

Working Class Hero
December 30th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Astronomer and astrophysicist. :P