PDA

View Full Version : Are you nuts?

♣Gawain♣
December 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Seriously, many people think some of our actions make us weird, out of place or shall we say... nuts?

Have you done something like that? Constantly? I have, and as a matter of fact. Always.

I always avoid stepping on the cracks of the roads and pavements. I always have the thought that if I stepped on one something bad will happen. It's crazy right?

Yu_&_Rei
December 20th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Well I usually dont like to have my binder unorganized one bit. sometimes I'm called a neat freak.

Mooshykris
December 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Whether "clean" or not, I have to have things "orderly" in my own way, or I go crazy. :P

~Mooshykris

ps FINALLY 400 POSTS :D

ErickaVolt
December 20th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Always chasing the time. Cleaning [includes shower] and fixing myself in 10 minutes. Does that include?

Pikazard
December 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Seriously, many people think some of our actions make us weird, out of place or shall we say... nuts?

Have you done something like that? Constantly? I have, and as a matter of fact. Always.

I always avoid stepping on the cracks of the roads and pavements. I always have the thought that if I stepped on one something bad will happen. It's crazy right?

yeah I avoid the cracks on the pavement and the red tiles.

so sometimes I am nuts

Guillermo
December 20th, 2008, 12:54 AM
A lot of people find me jumping up and down at random times, I have a reason for this though. I practice my jumping so I can jump nice and high in my sport and people are just like.... wtf is he doing?

Rockéttes
December 20th, 2008, 04:56 AM

I read in an old Dr. Spock book that this is because of the old rhyme 'Step on a crack, break your mother's back'. Nearly everyone does this. I guess it's our subconscious taking extra precautions to... protect our mothers? ;p

Anyway, I do some awfully weird things, though I usually do them in my own privacy. (No, that's not meant to be dirty) I've never been labeled 'nuts' for it, but I definitely see how labeling someone just for a specific tick they have could be hurtful.

Ascaris
December 20th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I tend to snap and crack my fingers a lot. It's a bit annoying to others at times.

.emerald
December 20th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Yeah.. being a neat freak and all. But some people see me doing things that I don't recall doing. I am nuts... sometimes...

wolf
December 20th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Well, kinda...I somehow tend to place my arms behind me, like a old man, I don't know why I do it, but it is wierd, isn't it?

LunarWing
December 20th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I always have to look behind me after I walk into a new street, to check wether I lost something or not:P so I guess I'm nuts xD

Crimson Arcanine
December 20th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Sometimes. I do some weird stuff occasionally, usually however somewhere we its not really noticed (like in the privacy of my flat)

Dark Sakurati
December 20th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I crack my fingers alot and it annoys others who dislike it. XD

I'm also like Mooshykris, If nothing is neat and perfect to me I go back to fix it, I try to stop myself though I go insane if I don't. XD

I also tend to think I was holding something a minute ago and can't remember what it was so I go back looking for it. XD

I also don't walk on cracks on the pathway. XD

Also when I'm playing a game or stareing at something and don't blink for a bit I start thinking about blinking and I try to let myself blink but I can't and then my eyes become sore. XD (Crap! My eyes are doing it again! XD)

So yeah I am nuts I geuss...XD

Master Electrician
December 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I cannot sleep with the closet door open, I absolutely NEED to have at least ten minutes a day to myself that isn't right before bed (bad things happen otherwise), messiness bothers me, I have any number of odd rituals that must be observed, I always count off my steps in base four, books, games, DVDs, etc. MUST follow my own organizational system, I'm incapable of sitting still, I loathe the numbers four, six, and 1,001, crowded spaces bother me because of the chaos involved in them, and I am immensely bugged by asymetry. So, all other things wrong in my head aside: Yes. I'm nuts.

Yuoaman
December 20th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well let's see:

I blink in the car whenever we go over a horizontal line (shadow/crack)
I never stop reading on the page on the right side of a book
I search for patterns in music
And... that's all I can think of...

Vernikova
December 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I usually mumble things to myself and then people believe that I'm crazy because I talk to myself. I don't think that they really think I'm nuts though because I'm sure that they do it as well.

Pechachu
December 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I blink in the car whenever we go over a horizontal line (shadow/crack)

That. I do that, except I twitch my nose instead. I don't do it all the time, but if I do it once, I keep doing it. I'll also do it with the telephone poles we pass, the hedges, whatever. It drives me nuts, to be honest.
The only other thing that I can think of is the fact that I have to sing along to the radio, but I don't think that's too weird. XD

Yuoaman
December 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
That. I do that, except I twitch my nose instead. I don't do it all the time, but if I do it once, I keep doing it. I'll also do it with the telephone poles we pass, the hedges, whatever. It drives me nuts, to be honest.

XD

Same with me, I get so annoyed with myself sometimes I'll force myself to close my eyes for a few minutes, and promptly begin again the moment they open again...

houston
December 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
when i walk alone in a desert area i tend to look back every 20 seconds....a bit paranoid i think, but who cares xD

Candace
December 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM
...Well, legally?

Yes. i guess so. When I was 12 I lived in a mental hospital for 6 months. I have Autism and severe OCD (which is VERY hard and tedious to everyday life). I currently see 2 shrinks, appointed and payed by by the state, who help me, and uh... I don't know, tell me I'm not crazy? I don't want to tell you my specific condition, though

Pechachu
December 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
XD

Same with me, I get so annoyed with myself sometimes I'll force myself to close my eyes for a few minutes, and promptly begin again the moment they open again...

XD; I'm exactly the same. The only way I can stop is if I force myself to break the habit, which takes a lot of willpower.
Gawd, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

Idiot!
December 21st, 2008, 02:08 AM
I just have to read every dialogue possible in almost any video game

>Feelings<
December 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
No, I'm not nuts, I'm human, and I eat nuts...

Honestly, if you think that way, everyone is nuts. Everyone has some of these traits in them, and they just do it sometimes for the sake of their subconscious self. Well, yeah, that makes me "nuts" too, in ways more than just one...

Jubilation
December 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM
In all honesty, I am partly insane, I do often feel like I'm losing my sanity, though, I guess we cannot escape destiny

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Sometimes, i sit on my couch in really weird positions....like upside down XD

Pikazard
December 21st, 2008, 12:09 PM
Sometimes, i sit on my couch in really weird positions....like upside down XD

Exactly what I do (and my mum and dad tell me off)

Virtual Chatot
December 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
I sit on the cough like L does from Death Note, except I usually have one leg tucked underneath the space in the other one.

Am I crazy? No
Am I eccentric? Yes

Drew
December 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
I don't think I have any weird habits anymore.. :/ buuuut in public people tend to think I'm weird because of how shy I'am. xD

Thomas
December 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I sometimes avoid the cracks on the pavement too, but I try to be discreet. xD

Working Class Hero
December 21st, 2008, 04:48 PM
I've plotted a nuclear holocaust and a plan for me to be the leader of a new world order. So yeah, I am nuts. x3

Do I win? :D

Shedinja8
December 21st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Nuts? Personaly, I think no... but occaisionally I do have thoughts of taking a Sniper to certain people in my life and afterwards walk up to the dead body and stab it like crazy. Though its only like fifteen different people I know, not just anybody.
Oh! I also tend to hear and see things know else does, not like ghosts, but kind like something is always loming over me. I think once it said something to me, but I'm not sure.

Melody
December 22nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
Hehehe. Aren't we all insane in some small way? To be honest, I don't think anyone can say they're perfectly sane. x3

As for me? I wont sit with my back facing people I don't know. I'd rather sit in the spot where I can see everyone around me.

*MitSuKi*
December 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
I plan the color of my casket. I said to my brother "I would like to have a rainbow-colored casket when I die, okay?"

Also, when I think, I will bite my index finger like as if it was a lolly...

Weird or nuts? *feeling stupid and "NUTS"!*

.safety
December 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
Course I am...

everyone is.. if you say you aren't you're lying ^^

Shadowfaith
December 23rd, 2008, 04:26 AM
When I'm describing something, I use my hand to try and portray it. Call it an artist thing if you like, because I'm pretty sure thats where it spawned from XP

Another is I always flex my fingers and don't notice until someone tells me or I actually catch myself doing it, in which I cese immediately.

I don't like sitting in chairs and prefere the floor, something my co workers find really weird for some reason and if I do sit in a chair I sit in the most peculiar of styles.

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
I'm weird like that. I have patterns for walking and stuff xD

Glitter Stain
December 23rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
I don't think I should be included in this poll because I clearly have more problems than the average Sony game console.

processr
December 23rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Absolutely crackers. :D

I sometimes regulate my steps when walking, i.e. I walk the length of two paving slabs with one step, and so on. I also avoid the gaps between slabs. ._.

Oh, and I can't stand the microwave being stoppped early. People leave the door on it open and leave it with time remaining, and it infuriates me because I'm mad like that.

Katnip
December 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
I'm like, obsessive-compulsively crazy. You know how people say "Knock on wood" if they don't want something bad to happen? Well, I've started actually knocking on wood, about three hundred times a day, in some loony attempt to stop bad things from happening.
Plus, I'm afraid of the microwave.

⋚Raika⋚
December 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
I'm nuts...extremely nuts...as in i sit in front of the computer screen 14-16 hours a day non-stop. :o

raven_emblem
December 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
i honestly think i am crazy

Mitchman
December 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
No but im cuckoo for coco puffs XD
Seriosuly though i talk to my self about all the strange and funny things i never did. As stated everyone has some insanity in them. If you think im strange try having a perfect day in my country where you go to buy lipton ice tea and the store clerk tells me before i pay give me the bottle. When i haqve people behind me of course i can run away with it.

.inLOVE
December 24th, 2008, 09:37 AM
No but im cuckoo for coco puffs XD
Seriosuly though i talk to my self about all the strange and funny things i never did. As stated everyone has some insanity in them. If you think im strange try having a perfect day in my country where you go to buy lipton ice tea and the store clerk tells me before i pay give me the bottle. When i haqve people behind me of course i can run away with it.
I'm just like that! I mutter and stuff.