PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You Question

ソラ
December 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hey, Ok I don't know the story. But I buying it for Xmas, I got it all ordered and stuff, and I wanted to Know is it as good as any body says, Like IGN rated it 9.0, and I hear alot they did a Great Job for the game. I know it was Made and Designed by the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Team, with S-E and Jupiter. But Yah, Im just making sure before i get it.

after I get this answer, Mod please close this. But Please keep it open till like 7 or 10 Answers please. I want to know. I get it this game on Tuesday.

GunSaberSeraph
December 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yes, yes, this is a very good game. You won't regret buying it. At least I didn't.

ソラ
December 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, yes, this is a very good game. You won't regret buying it. At least I didn't.
Really. How good is the Battle System?

GunSaberSeraph
December 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Really. How good is the Battle System?

It's very unique. You equip special pins that allow to perform differnt gestures on the touch screen that can activate different forms of attacks. Watch some videos on Youtube or go to the official site.

ソラ
December 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
It's very unique. You equip special pins that allow to perform differnt gestures on the touch screen that can activate different forms of attacks. Watch some videos on Youtube or go to the official site.
Is it easy to understand the battle system, and the storyline?

Gummy
December 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Both the battle system and the storyline are amazing. The way the battle system works is that you are fighting two battles at once: one on the button screen and one of the top. The top screen battles use buttons while the bottom screen ones work using the sylus. Now I know your thinking "that sounds way too complicated" and in some ways, you'll be right. Your first day of playing will be you getting used to using the buttons and stylus simultaneously, but once you do, the true awesomeness of the game will be revealed. But other than the gameplay and story, another great aspect of the game are its characters. I can guarantee you that each and every character was very well planned and the main heroes go through a lot of development throughout the game.

Long story short, other than KH and Final Fantasy, TWEWY is another Square Enix god.

ソラ
December 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Both the battle system and the storyline are amazing. The way the battle system works is that you are fighting two battles at once: one on the button screen and one of the top. The top screen battles use buttons while the bottom screen ones work using the sylus. Now I know your thinking "that sounds way too complicated" and in some ways, you'll be right. Your first day of playing will be you getting used to using the buttons and stylus simultaneously, but once you do, the true awesomeness of the game will be revealed. But other than the gameplay and story, another great aspect of the game are its characters. I can guarantee you that each and every character was very well planned and the main heroes go through a lot of development throughout the game.

Long story short, other than KH and Final Fantasy, TWEWY is another Square Enix god.
Sweeeet!

I'm liking this game already, Now I really can't wait till Tuesday. Cuz I am getting 2 new DS games and a Capture Card(Dazzle), and this one of them and Chrono Trigger is the other, I been a S-E fan for a while, and I've always had fate in thier game even if the game sucks, I still play it(I mean every game is worth a try from a Amazing Game Developer Company.)

and I heard alot of goods of this game, non of them was bad all of it was a good Comment about this game. So I am getting it fer sure.

Cherrim
December 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
We have similar tastes in games and TWEWY is one of my favourite games ever, so I know you won't be disappointed. ♥

The battle system can take some getting used to. It uses both screens with the stylus controlling your character on the bottom screen and the D-Pad or Buttons to control your partner up top. Luckily, if you have problems concentrating on both (which I did for a while), the game will take over the top for you if you want. It's very flexible. Plus the bottom screen is customizable by pins so by switching them in and out, you never get bored of the battle system because it's constantly new.

Then the plot, while very linear, isn't too bad. The characters are interesting and lovable and, all things considered, their designs aren't bad at all. I found that aside from the gameplay (which I honestly adored), it's the characters that drive the game. The writing was very well down and I actually found myself laughing out loud at a lot of the dialogue.

It's definitely worth every penny. :D

Nuke
December 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM
We have similar tastes in games and TWEWY is one of my favourite games ever, so I know you won't be disappointed. ♥

The battle system can take some getting used to. It uses both screens with the stylus controlling your character on the bottom screen and the D-Pad or Buttons to control your partner up top. Luckily, if you have problems concentrating on both (which I did for a while), the game will take over the top for you if you want. It's very flexible. Plus the bottom screen is customizable by pins so by switching them in and out, you never get bored of the battle system because it's constantly new.

Then the plot, while very linear, isn't too bad. The characters are interesting and lovable and, all things considered, their designs aren't bad at all. I found that aside from the gameplay (which I honestly adored), it's the characters that drive the game. The writing was very well down and I actually found myself laughing out loud at a lot of the dialogue.

It's definitely worth every penny. :D

And that applies even more for me because I got it for £14.99.

I got the game today actually and I'm upto day five and so far it has been brilliant, for that price the rest of the game could afford to be rubbish.

Almost everything is brilliant, including dialogue.

ソラ
December 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yah, I should get mine on the 23rd. with Chrono Trigger and my Dazzle.

Virtual Chatot
December 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Loved every aspect of this game. The battle system took some time to get a handle of, but I eventually got the gist of it and started sweeping the floor :X

Hoping for a sequel~

ソラ
December 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
So basically this game is one of Tetsuya and S-E Accomplishments, Just klike KH, and the FF, and DQ?

Aepriz
December 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM
The game kicks ass , the storyis just great .. and everything is just awsome ..
Well except for the enemies what are mainly recoulers of each other .other then that PLAY it and love it lol ..
I'd give it a 9/10 ;)
It also has a long playtime if your going for EVERYTHING .

Cherrim
December 24th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Deleted the double post and... I think this can stay open for further discussion on the game; I'm sure a fair few people will probably get it for Christmas after all. :P

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Question on it. Can you play with the "reapers". I just need to know.

ソラ
January 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Yay, I beat it >_<.. Just beat it just now.

This game is like.. amazing. Lovev the Game play, and Battle System.

Good game. I deffintly Recommand this game.

Gummy
January 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Question on it. Can you play with the "reapers". I just need to know.

MAJOR SPOILER.

In a way. Beat eventually becomes a reaper and you partner up with him. However, you never actually CONTROL a reaper.

ソラ
January 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
MAJOR SPOILER.

In a way. Beat eventually becomes a reaper and you partner up with him. However, you never actually CONTROL a reaper.

However
Ironface lol, said he is a player, so basically he is a player not a reaper anymore.

TRIFORCE89
January 10th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I got this game for Christmas and I'm only towards the end of the second week, but I think it's good. I think the highlight of the game is the story - not that it's anything earth-shattering, but just the way it plays out... you don't really know what's going on at all (especially in the beginning) and so you want to keep playing to find out. Characters are cool. Art is good.

My only complaints right now would be the music. I absolutely hate it. Such little variation in the music and I can't really make out the lyrics. Just sounds like noise (...no pun intended) to me. So, I play on mute. And battling is fun, but if you're doing too many in row it gets really repetitive regardless of if you're switching up your pins or not.

GKS
January 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
It seems like a good game based on what I have been hearing. I might look into it.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
i love this game!! on my 2nd run-through.