PDA

View Full Version : The Speed Gamers' Pokemon Marathon

txteclipse
December 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
The Speed Gamers are a group of gamers that host events to raise money for various charities. They have one going on right now, in which they are trying to catch 491 Pokémon as quickly as possible. All of the donations they receive are going directly to ACT Today, a group that provides autism care and treatment.

Here's a link (http://www.thespeedgamers.com/pokemon-marathon-details-begins-december-19th) to the event.

This thread is for comments and discussion, and for showing your support. Go!

Virtual Chatot
December 21st, 2008, 02:28 PM
You do realize it's impossible to catch all 491 Pokemon as of yet, no?
You'd have to hack, but I believe it wouldn't make the charity worth much -.-

So, it's probably a scam...

Aphrodite
December 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
Like VC said, it's impossible to catch all 493 pokes without hacking.

Are they doing it on separate games, and fusing all what they have into one total?

Amachi
December 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Like VC said, it's impossible to catch all 493 pokes without hacking.

Are they doing it on separate games, and fusing all what they have into one total?

But Virtual Chatot said "491" :P

Anyway, this is better suited for Other Games.

moved

Astinus
December 21st, 2008, 03:50 PM
You do realize it's impossible to catch all 491 Pokemon as of yet, no?
You'd have to hack, but I believe it wouldn't make the charity worth much -.-

So, it's probably a scam...
Out of the total 493 Pokemon, only Shaymin and Arceus have yet to be released outside of Japan. That knocks the total down to 491, which is the total amount of Pokemon that can be caught in America, at least. (Since I've gone to most of the events to get the Legendary Pokemon.) If people are willing to trade their Pokemon to these people, then the goal is attainable.

Of course, the website is not loading on my laptop, so I don't know how valid the Speed Gamers are.

Narcissus Secret
December 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
The link doesn't load on my computer either..

Forci Stikane
December 22nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Without trading with other people, the best they will be able to pull off here is 489 (490 if one of them can pull a Gamestop Deoxys file or a Aurora Ticket from out of nowhere). It is simply impossible to get Celebi yet without hacking or trading for an event, of which Celebi has only been released in America as 10 ANIV. So, if they plan on trading or hacking for one, that rather ruins the entire point of the run, as Virtual Chatot pointed out. If they do not, then as previously stated, they will never be able to pull this off, which once again ruins the speedrun.

ソラ
December 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Impossible to catch them all with out trading, or hacking.

nuff said.

txteclipse
December 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
They have the means of getting everything. Japanese and English games and whatnot. I was actually kind of amazed at what they managed to get their hands on game-wise (they even have a Japanese edition of Platinum). And no, they aren't catching Shaymin or Arceus, since they haven't been released. Hence the 491 thing.

And people lent them games with event pokemon on them: they just have to get them from the Pokecenter attendant then trade them to the final game pack. So all of the pokemon are being caught or otherwise received in-game by the people running the event.

I loaded up the page this morning to find that it isn't coming up: try this one (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thespeedgamers2).

Harry Blue5
December 22nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
It's been going on for over 68 hours and they haven't caught a single Pokémon.

EDIT: Scratch that. They've got 409 Pokémon, but none on the final Cartridge.