View Full Version : Issue: Addware

December 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Just about everytime I click to edit one of my posts it won't let me, and takes me to some other website. I think it's that this forum has too much addware. That needs to be taken care of.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Are you sure it's the site? It could very well be your computer.
I haven't had any problems editing posts.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
cause you don't get addware on your computer you get it from sites, only way you could get addware from your computer would be if it was made with a lot of problems, and that would be impossible

Heart's Soul
December 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
I think it's your computer glitching up as there never were any reports of this.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I have not had problems editing posts, are you sure that you didn't download something that is making things pop up?

December 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
can someone check anyway, to see if it's the forum anyway

December 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Aren't you sure you got it somewhere else? Because you seem to be the only on with that problem o.o

Try running a virus scan, but I'm sure it's not the site's fault or everybody else would have got it too.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
are you sure I'm the only one, there's tons of members on this site, that this could be happening to

December 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm sure that:

-No staff member would install an automatic adware installer.
-If it was, it would have infected everyone, and you are the only person who posted in this page who seems to be.
-If more people were infected, we would have got more threads about this. Lots more.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
ok, if your really sure about this, I won't say anymore, cause I'm afaird if I keep on saying anything I'll get in trouble again

December 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
I can assure that there is NO adware or viruses on any PC pages. All files are properly scanned before uploading and again scanned regularly by the server itself. If you are getting any 'popups' or adware while visiting PC, it has to be from your end.

Now with that said, can you give us a link or 2 where this is happening and do a screenshot of it and post it.

Heart's Soul
December 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
How many anti-virus programs do you have? I usually keep 2 on, maybe 3.

December 22nd, 2008, 1:07 PM
I forgot, what it was I'll put it in once it pops up again, something about a Pokemon Online game where it says you need to install Zango to use it

Heart's Soul
December 22nd, 2008, 1:13 PM
I thought we got rid of that! DO NOT INSTALL IT! It is a virus begging to happen.

December 22nd, 2008, 1:15 PM
could be one of the normal ads you clicked on.. but not sure.. you said it pops-up when you go to edit a post? not for me (or anyone else that I know of)

December 22nd, 2008, 1:26 PM
it could be tied in with that internet explorer security hole

in which case, go to windows update and download the new update, released 17th december.

Rukario, i suggest checking the server for any unusual activity along it

Heart's Soul
December 22nd, 2008, 1:29 PM
You do know that there are two Rukario's. I am guessing the admin one, but still- no more of that game...

December 22nd, 2008, 7:16 PM
There are a lot of stuff that comes on when you download stuff. They create add-ons to your browser which will pop up adds when linking to places. It most likely is not PC's fault.

Post Office Buddy
December 22nd, 2008, 8:52 PM
You might also want to check your registry to make sure that it isn't corrupted. A corrupted registry makes it easier for addware and viruses to infect your computer, no matter how well it was built or whatever. Also, may I ask what OS you are using? Also, what virus scan software you use?

December 24th, 2008, 3:59 AM
here is the site it keeps on taking me to: http://www.pokemonog.com/

December 24th, 2008, 6:50 AM
I'd say it's a web browser issue. Nothing like that shows up on my end. Oh, by the way, if you want that little pokemon mmorpg there without zango, get it at pokemonworldonline.net

December 24th, 2008, 7:04 AM
it's too hard to play, I've played it before and no matter what Pokemon team I pick I always get my butt kicked

besides it's saying ActiveX component can't create object

December 24th, 2008, 7:15 AM
here is the site it keeps on taking me to: http://www.pokemonog.com/

You clicked on one of the links to that site didn't you?

PC had them as a sponsored link for a while. That program is the devil. If you know what your doing, I say back up all your data, and wipe the hard drive. Even if you don't know what your doing, back up your all your personal information. You may have a virus.

I got one form that site once.

December 24th, 2008, 7:26 AM
there were like 30 or so URL's to similar sites floating around the web.. Just visiting them usually did nothing.. BUT if you installed Zango, you are prolly infected.

Get and use quality AV scanner, a trojan scanner as well as spyware/malware scanners and run them. (one at a time)

My personal suggestions:
AV: Norton AV2008/9
Spyware: Spybot S&D (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/)
Anti Trojan/Malware: a-squared Free 4.0 (http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/)
and finally: Ad-Aware 2008 Free (http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php)

December 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
She could also go to kapersky.com and get a virus scan online. You know the one which reads your pc for scans. But google the site as im not sure of spelling.

December 24th, 2008, 11:00 AM
She could also go to kapersky.com and get a virus scan online. You know the one which reads your pc for scans. But google the site as im not sure of spelling.
yes.. but I have never fully trusted those AND more importantly, they don't (along with many 'free' AV's) remove what viruses/malware they find.

December 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I have Kaspersky 7.0 and trust me it's nothing like the online scan.If you want the uber AV then buy a license for it as the online thing is just a taste.

Heart's Soul
December 24th, 2008, 12:07 PM
AVG rules... That's what I use.

December 27th, 2008, 4:41 AM
I just have to say one thing on the matter: Zango is NOT 100% adware. It makes ads spring up from time to time, but you can simply un-install it and it will leave you alone. It also gives you access to their sub-par games and videos, if you care.

Heart's Soul
December 28th, 2008, 9:52 AM
Yeah, but it's annoying to get rid of it, right?