PDA

View Full Version : Random Friend Requests

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
I used to do this when I was a noob, but... Do you send or receive random friend requests a lot? Some people do it to look popular, but it looks sort of desperate. It's okay guys, tell the truth! Yesterday, I went through my friends list and deleted all the random friends I got.

Shadowfaith
December 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
I have a few that I really couldn't tell you about XD. But I accept them anyways, would appear rude otherwise ^_^ (imo)

December 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
I know I'm really popular these days, but no need to dedicate a topic to me...

I don't send out random friend requests; I use a strategic and logical process to determine when I send them. Therefore, I don't do 'random' friend requests. Do I send them to people I've never seen before? Yeah...do I have a goal? Yes.
Do I like them? No, I frown every time I get one, but do I accept them? Most of the time (unless I'm in a bad mood at the time) I do. Do I leave the person a nasty VM afterwards? No...

processr
December 23rd, 2008, 06:15 AM
As a rule, I generally accept friend requests from, well, friends. *shrugs* Of the users on my friends list I speak to half of them on a daily basis, and I know the other three from various other forums. I'd accept a request form someone if I've been talking to them on PC for a little while, though.

Stronkadonk
December 23rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
Well, I've sent a few random requests out there, but for the most part, I keep getting them :\
But I don't really mind, it's not even a big deal.

Gold warehouse
December 23rd, 2008, 06:20 AM

I don't send out random friend requests; I use a strategic and logical process to determine when I send them. Therefore, I don't do 'random' friend requests. Do I send them to people I've never seen before? Yeah...do I have a goal? Yes.
Do I like them? No, I frown every time I get one, but do I accept them? Most of the time (unless I'm in a bad mood at the time) I do. Do I leave the person a nasty VM afterwards? No...

I value my friends list TYVM I'm not just going to accept somebody I have never even heard of before just for the sake of it. I think you have missed the whole point of a friends list.

Stronkadonk
December 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
I value my friends list TYVM I'm not just going to accept somebody I have never even heard of before just for the sake of it. I think you have missed the whole point of a friends list.
Then again, this is very true.

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Exactly. It's called a friends list. I was such a noob when I did that stuff xD

BeachBoy
December 23rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
I prefer to know / have met the person before they so eagerly press the befriend button, as my bio even states. (I've noticed that certain people can't read! :D *cough*) Some are just jumping the gun or doing it for one of the worst reasons. Certain people think "if I befriend a Moderator, I'm closer to becoming one" which is so far from the truth you're past Pluto, haha.

Now, as the New Users / Welcome Mod, I do tend to get newbies who friend me merely because they saw me welcome them. And sometimes I do indeed accept because I'd like to meet / talk to the person more, get to know 'em. I have talked with every person on my friend's list, and know them from somewhere. It's stereotyped that I do it for the mere numbers, but that's a lie. If they become inactive, I don't simply prune them off or remove them, because what if they come back? Or at least I'm hoping a cool people like Gyro, Murasaki, etc will come back. D: I don't want to go back 'n' forth with requests to people I have before. Because people try to leave PC but more than likely they'll be back at some point or another. I've turned down quite a few people, too. >_o To the point where I used to want a "decide later" button. XD

The amount of friends doesn't matter, it's the amount of fun you have with them that does.

I know I'm really popular these days, but no need to dedicate a topic to me...You're drinking your own tea way too much, lol.

Banjora Marxvile
December 23rd, 2008, 06:51 AM

This bit made me laugh a bit. "Strategic and logical"? You sent one to me, and I've not done much. How can you send them to someone you know Strategically and logically? If you know them well, then it is, but if you don't, its illogical. Also, you're popular now for the wrong reason.

That was evil, what I originally said. But his 1st sentence kind of annoyed me... A bit big-headed in how he put it.

⋚Raika⋚
December 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
C'mon there's no need to put him down just because he sends random friend requests! That's how you make friends, befriend someone then get to know them better. :D

Cherrim
December 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
I don't send out many friend requests at all. Maybe one every few months. Usually others take the initiative and... to be honest, almost all of my friends were friended in the first day or so that the new system came out.

Just because I accept a friend request doesn't make the person my friend, necessarily. I'm just too lazy to deny them and deal with people asking why. It's easier to friend and forget. :|
Just fyi, the majority's definition of "random friend requests" is when someone you don't know, and who you've never talked to before (or barely ever, at any rate) friends you for no apparent reason. You're mighty guilty of that, whatever your strategic adding process. :(

Jorah
December 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
No, I only send them to people I've talked to a few times, usually in the anime forum because I hang around there so much so I can see who's nice and, because there aren't so many regulars, you usually end up talking to each other once or twice. If I get random requests, I'll accept because I like the fact that someone made the effort to, anyway haha (unless I've seen that they're annoying, I've only rejected one person XD)

C'mon there's no need to put him down just because he sends random friend requests! That's how you make friends, befriend someone then get to know them better. :D

I don't think he's talking to 417 people haha

Gold warehouse
December 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
I don't think he's talking to 417 people haha

Jorah pretty much owned you there... He has already failed his quest to "friend 'em all" anyway because I'm never going to accept.
Agent Zero is nothing but an annoyance and he knows it, he can't justify being a friend list whore/n00b.

⋚Raika⋚
December 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Seriously stop bashing him already. It's not nice, and the people who call others noobs are usually the real noobs. Just be indifferent if you have nothing good to say! -_-

Candace
December 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
I don't send friend requests, but I don't mind getting them either

It's just the internet. So... why be so serious about it?

Banjora Marxvile
December 23rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Woah. I never said I hated getting random friend requests. Him saying he's set it out logically kind of annoyed me, as it isn't logical. Anyway, he might talk to 417 people. We don't know. I doubt that he would though, but I don't mind. Actually, I'm enjoying him doing it, as it isn't something you see, someone asking everyone to be friends.

I'm sorry if any feelings were hurt, Agent Zero about what I said.

Stronkadonk
December 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
I just accidentally sent one too ''*_*
That ******* t.A.T.u. is posing as other people now.

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Agent Zero sent one to me after reading this thread. WOW.

Working Class Hero
December 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
Not really. Half the time I am hesitant to send them to my friends. o_o

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
O rly? Don't be! It's fine, Steve.

Spinor
December 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
I almost never send friend requests, I did recieve a few random ones but I'm Ok with those.

As you can see, I barely have over 10 friends :(.

Cassino
December 23rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I get one perhaps every week, reject it regardless of the member's status, and resume posting.
I don't send any.

Rockéttes
December 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I never accept them unless they're new members looking for friends. I guess I feel bad for them? Besides, they usually end up removing me after a couple weeks, once establishing a firm understanding of how this forum works.

Spaekle Oddberry
December 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
I don't usually send friend requests unless I know the person very well.

When I get random friend requests, it kind of depends. If the person has like no posts, joined yesterday, and is obviously just looking for random people to fill their list, I'll probably deny it. If it's a person I've never really talked to but have seen around and I think they seem pretty cool, I'll probably accept. Any other case I'll probably still accept just because I'm lazy, unless they caught me in a bad mood or something.

Rellyms
December 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
I never send out FRs, but I never turn them down either. I don't hold my FL very close, you know your my friend if I talk to you. [Like really talk]

I only know about 8 people tops on my FL. [Not counting the inactive people]

Someone is being very conceited. [Feel special it's Ok sometimes]

Caelus
December 23rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I don't send friend requests unless they are either asking for it or gave me the permission to send one.

I try to make sure they know me before I "eagerly press the the befriend button".

As for random friend requests, I accept them. I consider it rude not to and I have hard time choosing no as an answer, Plus I like it when I get friend requests, and I'm not bothering with those VMs asking "why did you deject my friend request?".

raven_emblem
December 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
i only have 1 friend and he is the only one i really want

Astinus
December 23rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
I get some friend requests out of the blue, since I have a blue moderator name. (oh ho) I accept them, and then plan on getting to know the other person better. I say "plan" because I'm lazy and don't actually do anything I think I'm going to do.

As for sending friend requests, I don't normally do so. I only send out requests if I've seen the member post many times in my sections and can post intelligently. I figure that if they see that I like them enough to request their friendship, then they'll stick around.

jasonresno
December 23rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
I loathe random friend requests. I am keeping my list clean. I only add people I: find interesting or respect and never anyone I won't talk to again.

Yu_&_Rei
December 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
agreed, and its really rude when u say something mean to them after they've sent a request, like just cuz some1 wants to be ur friend and u dont doesnt mean u gotta put them down. and as for me, I like to welcome and befriend all the new ppl.

Avey
December 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
I hardly ever add people as friends anymore. All of that was done on the first day when all of the new features were being tested out. I think I might have sent a random friend request to a couple of people as a joke when I was deprived of sleep one night, but that was it. Sending people friend requests when I don't know them doesn't make sense to me. They're not my friends. We've never spoken before. Why should I send them something stating that we are friends? Sounds sort of ridiculous to me.

And yes, every so often I do get some random friend requests. I normally ask who the person is and why I was added by him/her. It doesn't really irritate me but I would prefer it if it wasn't done.

King Goodra
December 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I decline all a great majority of random friend requests I receive and leave the person a note as to why I didn't add them (the majority of the time). I really hate people trying to add me as a friend for one reason or another. There's a reason it's called a friend request and I don't believe "random people" are included in the definition of friends.

Now, if that person actually spoke to me before and we have about a page or two of conversation in our Visitor Message history, or I find them attentive to the community in some way or another and show that they aren't a n00b in some way, I would either request them as my friend (though that's only happened about two or three times) or accept their friend request. However, whenever I do receive one from a random person, I check their post history to make sure that that person isn't... well, yeah. And if I find that they post intelligently in the majority of their posts and have content involved, I will accept them.

Ripper
December 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
I hate to think I accepted random friend requests, as I've only got three friends, one who's now left... At least I know who's on my list.

Cid
December 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Haha, I remember sending these out when I was a noob... Or am I still one?

IDK, anyway, I did send a little a long time ago, but I now think that it can get annoying, which is why I stopped doing it.

A lot of people helped me to stop that, and they turned out to be my dearest pals in PC. ^_^

Michii
December 23rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
I don't mind random friend requests. Just because someone is on my friends list doesn't give them the title of "WOAHMYGODBFFOREVERANDEVER" or anything, so I approve them all without caring who they're from. For example, I have some friends who I've never spoken to directly, but they requested me when they were new after I welcomed them.

If you were speaking on my particular amount of friend requests, I don't request often. I always speak to the person before I request them. I wait for a friend request first (which usually comes) after that. If it doesn't come/I feel like I can really become friendfriends with this person, then I'll request them. Rare, but it happens. =]

Guillermo
December 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
I've not sent a single friend request since I've been back here. Oh... there was one, but this person was too lazy to send one. I used to send friend requests out back when I was a n00b, but now I don't. I deleted 70+ friends when I came back to PC, all from one's I have sent or gotten sent and accepted.

I had 16 friend requests at one time too.

sims796
December 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I hardly EVAR send friend request. I'm a tad to formalv for that. If I ever send one (like what, two?), I must really know that person, or know enoguh. For instance, el gofre is a good interwebs friend, but we never had each othe on our friends list. So I invited, he was happy. Lightining (who I never gotten around to inviting), I had asked her via profile for permission to aadd, since we seem to agree on almost the same things (i love her commom sense). She agreed.

I detest random invites. I used to think it rude to refuse, till the majorit of people I've accepted was banned, losers. It's more rude to bug random members with invites. People like Agent Zero are the worst, to be honest. Send a random invite, then baaw when people refuse, threatening with a bogus reports if ya don't, simply because they aren't refusing in a way that spares their feelings. Maybe, instead of whining that we are being rude, you should stop randomly inviting, huh? I guess your strategy & logic failed?

jasonresno
December 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I've not sent a single friend request since I've been here. Oh... there was one, but this person was too lazy to send one. I used to send friend requests out back when I was a n00b, but now I don't. I deleted 70+ friends when I came back to PC, all from one's I have sent or gotten sent and accepted.

I had 16 friend requests at one time too.

So you've never sent one?

But you did send one cause the other guy was lazy.

And you used to send them out when you were a "n00b"

Am I high or does that not make sense?

SapphireSwampert
December 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Obviously no. Agent Zero in particular, although it's happened to me Sppf, have sent random requests. It doesn't make someone feel good to be considered just a number for some contest or just amusment. If I've seen or talked to the person before, then fine, I'm alright, since I could manage to be friends with them, or it's just a new member looking for a friend. But otherwise, I'll refuse them and leave a message why. /:
My policy.

And as in for sending them, I'll semi-randomly add people. As in, if a lot of my friends are friends with them, I think it would be nice to have them, since they'd have the same interests as me and my friends.

kissing. raindrops
December 23rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Actually, I don't send random friend requests, but I have gotten a number of them. That's why I'm gonna clean out my friends list after this :3
If I want to get to know someone better, I will always leave them a VM and see if they reply, and then try to start a convo :3

wolf
December 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
I don't like random friend requests! >.< They are so annoying, Agent Zero kept trying to be my friend! I kept refusing and asking WHY, you won't accomplish something great just because you have many friends, that aren't even a real friend to you! I only send a friend request if I have talked with him/her, or he/she has a great reason behind asking me to be he/she's friend. I can accept one if you are new here and need someone to chat with, but someone that has been here for a long time and has many friends, and just asks me out of the blue, and I have never seen him/her anywhere on the PC. Sorry if I offended any people that love to send random friend requests, but overall, they are down right annoying!

Idiot!
December 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
I usually question the "friend" before accepting requests. If he/she do not reply, or reply inappropriately, he/she doesn't care about me and therefore doesn't deserve to be on my friend list

¡No Hablo Inglés!
December 24th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I rarely accept random friend requests, and I never send them out. In fact, I haven't sent out a single friend request on this site. On my list of six friends, I know five of them from other forums and LiveJournal, the other one is one of the very few random friends I accept. The only reason I accepted was because the person asked beforehand and seemed nice enough. xD

So yeah, in short, I rarely except random requests and I never send them.

Gymnotide
December 24th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I LOVE random friend requests.
Someone send me one right now so I can reject it!

Guillermo
December 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
So you've never sent one?

But you did send one cause the other guy was lazy.

And you used to send them out when you were a "n00b"

Am I high or does that not make sense?

I forgot the 'back' in front of here. I came back to PC after a long absence and since then, I haven't sent one out.

Callandor
December 24th, 2008, 01:24 AM
The only reason I have sent any friend requests is ether something about them caught my eye, or I've been in a Roleplay. And one is a friend in real life. Other then that i don't technicly send out random FR's. I have pnly receved one FR and that was from...well someone everyone has been talking about here.

Went
December 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
When someone randomly friends me because I look too shiny in the Who's Online list, I'll reject them as soon as possible. Most of the time, when I want to friend someone, I'll be the one sending the request, so... :|

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah I get them al the time and I only send them to active members that I always end up seeong in certain threads. I accept them because it would be rude if not u know.

storm393
December 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
i have never sent out random friend requests cause its kinda........ strange to me (no offense to anybody who does) but i dont mind getting friend requests, i just wouldent ever do that.

Mika
December 26th, 2008, 09:29 AM
PC isn't Facebook or Myspace, people tend to like to get to know you before they list you as a friend. o.O at least the people I know consider their friends list their friends, not just a number and pictures.

Evilyn
December 26th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I hate random Friend Requests and people who thing they're popular because they have 6723236 people on their "Friends" List. And those who think you have to be on some ****ing list to be someone's friend.

I don't accept Friend Requests from people I never talked to before and I don't send them either.

vVintage
December 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
i think random friend request is ok as long as they talk to you
if they just add you for no reason then id delete you

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 09:16 PM
On my old account, I used to a lot of them, especially after starting my first hack, I always accept them to not seem mean. I don't sent requests to people I don't know.

Forever
December 27th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I don't really accept requests from people I even know well.

And the people on my friends list now all have a reason to be so basically I only accept people if they have reasons. And I don't friend request people either. (If so... really rarely?) Oh and, 6 of 9 ftw. And if it changes, I'd just get someone else with a "reason".

Aizuke
December 27th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Nope I don't accept them.

I don't really see the point in having a friends list full of people I don't know or who I rarely talk to.

And I always figured people who would randomly add others just wanted a bigger friends list, lol. :\

Archer
December 27th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Here's the problem. There's a caption that says "Showing 6 of 50 Friends". Like postcounts, it becomes a game to most members to reach a certain postcount.

December 27th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Here's the problem. There's a caption that says "Showing 6 of 50 Friends". Like postcounts, it becomes a game to most members to reach a certain postcount.
Exactly! Just as post counts are useless, so are friends lists. The people who are actually your friends don't need to be on a physical 'list' to know that they are actually your friends. Also, take the fifty for example: I find it hard to beleive that everyone with >50 on their friends lists talk to all >50 every day or so. That's a lot of IM convos open at once.
Because of the list's frivolity altogether, it is a game. For me, 493 is a nice number...for others, maybe more, maybe less...

Chibi Robo
December 27th, 2008, 07:02 AM
As a rule, I generally accept friend requests from, well, friends. *shrugs* Of the users on my friends list I speak to half of them on a daily basis, and I know the other three from various other forums. I'd accept a request form someone if I've been talking to them on PC for a little while, though.
Thats kinda the same thing with me.......

Trap-Eds
December 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Just because I accept a friend request doesn't make the person my friend, necessarily. I'm just too lazy to deny them and deal with people asking why. It's easier to friend and forget. :|

Yeah, I'm doing that now. But I think I'm gonna fix that to actually talking to the person so it would make sense for them to be on there.

*Firestar*
December 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Not really. I ask people I want on my list. No one else really.

Avegaille
December 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I don't usually send random friends requests, or never I have unless the person I've been talking to is nice to be with, then that's the only time I'd actually send one...

(but most of the time, people randomly add me here, I reject the random requests on SPPf, but not here... XD)

St. Anger
December 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I do and accept them. Whats wrong with them? They don't grab a gun and shoot you in the leg. Plus, making new friends is what social networking is all about!

Kura
December 27th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Never.. I rarely ever ever send random ones or recieve random friend requests..

Dukey
December 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Meh. When I get a random friend request, I generally say hello and ask why they added me. SHould they say 'Because you pwn the most on pc and I want you as a friend' then I shall consider accepting them. Otherwise, I try to get to know them, but most of the time, they are just noobs who want to look un-nooby.

Melody
December 28th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Random Friend requests tend to tick me off. I'm a nice guy and all but I do want people to get to know me before adding me as a friend.
I've rejected quite a few lately. I wish noobs would at least message you first and ask. x3

Metatron
December 28th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I don't do friend requests anymore, even from people I know well.

I know who my friends are, and I don't need a list in my profile displaying them.

pokemon_beauty
December 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I haven't been here long, but I will accept friend requests from people I have talked to at least once. If I have never talked to the person, I will not accept a friend request. I just don't really see the point!

I do send friend requests to people that I would really like to talk to in the future, but they are never random. It's always to someone who I had a nice conversation with and who I would like to talk to again in the future :)

sims796
December 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Exactly! Just as post counts are useless, so are friends lists. The people who are actually your friends don't need to be on a physical 'list' to know that they are actually your friends. Also, take the fifty for example: I find it hard to beleive that everyone with >50 on their friends lists talk to all >50 every day or so. That's a lot of IM convos open at once.
Because of the list's frivolity altogether, it is a game. For me, 493 is a nice number...for others, maybe more, maybe less...

That in its own is wholly stupid. Just because they are on your friend's list doesn't mean that you will interact with them on a daily basis. It simply allows you to better acess your friends, aquantances, people you communicate with, etc. I know a quality post is around whenever I see the name "Archer" with that plus that stands out. It can also be seen as a symbol of "friendship", in a way. Which is why it is such a bigger deal to some more than others.

If its a game to you, take it elsewhere. Don't bug me with it, just to baaaaaaaaw with empty threats like a wuss. That little comment is aimed at everyone and anyone handing me a random request without reasoning. I'l even take "I'm new and wanted a friend" over a random request.

Aurafire
December 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Ugh...I get a lot of these. I think it's much more work to deny the request and have the person complain and ask why you didn't accept it than to just accept it and be done with it. Although ironically, most of the random ones I receive are people that I never talk to again. Go figure =/

♣Gawain♣
December 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Random? Sometimes in my Friendster account there such request, but I hardly accept them. I only accept if I know that guy. You can't trust anybody nowadays.

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
yeah I get random ones but I never turn them down. I just try to talk to most of them

Anti
December 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM
You know I always used to just accept anybody's because I didn't want to reject them,,,I figured "why not?" and moved on.

But then Agent Zero convinced me that it was time to clean house so I got rid of the people I don't know/like and I probably have some more deleting to do.

random FRing is pointless =/ There are persistent people like MobileTsk who FR'd kairyu 27 times though he deserved it but it's just really...pointless. Nobody cares about friend lists anyways so why people bother is beyond me.

TwilightBlade
December 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I never send random friend requests. If I've seen or talked to the person for some time, I'll be happy to befriend them. Either I send it, or I'll wait till they send it (It's usually the latter since I'm lazy). No big deal.

Since Agent Zero was conceited in this thread, it's all good to call him out, right? :] He FR'd me, but I said I would be happy to know him if he gets to know me first. No response. Today, I got another friend request from him. That's not strategic FRing if you're asking the same person twice. Yeah, no thanks. You can gloat and increase such things like profile views LOL AZZY but don't add to your friend list as if those people are just trophies to your little ego.

Be able to marvel at the size of a friend list when it's full of real friends.

December 29th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I didn't want to reply to this thread again, but I was mentioned three times recently...
That in its own is wholly stupid Find a better word.... Just because they are on your friend's list doesn't mean that you will interact with them on a daily basis See? I don't have to talk to the >480 people on my friends list for them to be there. You proved my point for me.. It simply allows you to better acess your friends As if you can't remember who or where they are...?, aquantances, people you communicate with, etc. I know a quality post is around whenever I see the name "Archer" That's just a generic reputation...not much pertinence to randomly adding friends. with that plus that stands out. It can also be seen as a symbol of "friendship", in a way. Which is why it is such a bigger deal to some more than others. Yeah, but the some are a lot more chauvanistic about it than the others...

If its a game to you, take it elsewhere I didn't chase you down for declining. I didn't come after anybody...with the exception of the people not reading my sig.. Don't bug me with it, just to baaaaaaaaw with empty threats like a wuss Inflate your ego as much as you like; you're only padding your post more.. That little comment is aimed at everyone and anyone handing me a random request without reasoning. I'l even take "I'm new and wanted a friend" over a random request.
But then Agent Zero convinced me that it was time to clean house You're welcome <<... so I got rid of the people I don't know/like and I probably have some more deleting to do.
I never send random friend requests. If I've seen or talked to the person for some time, I'll be happy to befriend them. Either I send it, or I'll wait till they send it (It's usually the latter since I'm lazy). No big deal. For it being no big deal, I don't see why you had to go another paragraph into it...

Since Agent Zero was conceited Conceited? That just means you're misreading me. Anyone who tries can best me easily. in this thread, it's all good to call him out Go ahead. But that means you just get more of me..., right? :] He FR'd me, but I said I would be happy to know him if he gets to know me first Not exactly...get the actual story.
I love making friends, and I'm flattered that you wanted to add me, but I don't like you just randomly adding everyone. I don't want to be just some name on your friends list. Get to know me, then we'll see. :]
You made it perfectly clear that you wanted no part with my little game.
No response. Of course not...A)you were amidst most of the negative VMs while I was sleeping and B)again, you wanted nothing to do with the Frienddex. I thought I was doing a favour by leaving you alone ~_~. Irony? Today, I got another friend request from him. Okay, I gotta explain this one...I would be at 493 if people wouldn't keep cleaning their lists (which is fine, it just means I have to fill the vacancies when I find motivation). I uaualy start by who's looking at my profile without a + sign by their name. If I do not recognise them, I friend them. That was the case today. It was completely accidental, and I do not do this normally...which means I have to be extra careful from now on so this does not happen again. That's not strategic FRing if you're asking the same person twice. Yes, it is. I took it off'a my profile; you came to me, essentially. If your name appears on my profile, I have every right to friend you, randomly or otherwise. Yeah, no thanks. You can gloat and increase such things like profile views That's just a consequence to popularity... LOL AZZY but don't add to your friend list as if those people are just trophies to your little ego. They're not. I've made several actual friends, and you wouldn't know because you didn't want to be one of them.

Be able to marvel at the size of a friend list when it's full of real friends [B]And inflate their egos? The moral of the story is that the Friends List feature is trash and should be lost from the vB engine (this is vB, right?)..

Eucliffe
December 29th, 2008, 09:01 AM
To be quite honest, I really do like getting to know people before adding them as friends. There are only a few random requests I have accepted, though I hate to admit it ><' But most other random requests I decline.

As for sending random requests, maybe when I was a n00b on other forums, but not now. I honestly would rather PM/VM the person first and hope they respond back, so we can start up a conversation and whatnot. And if I (or "we", referring to myself and the person I'm talking to) find that we have enough in common, then either I'll friend them or they'll friend me.

Sometimes, I might not even talk to them through VMs or PMs. But if we talk about a certain topic in one thread (mainly clubs or RPs for me), then it'd be OK to friend them too; we have RPing or that specific club topic in common :3

And, there are even occasions where I receive random friend requests, I add them, and they end up talking to me and I get to know them better. So we're all happy ><'

seeker
May 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
To be honest i don't have any friends on this i haven't requested even tho i do talk to people!!

It doesnt matter much really does it? unless you really know the people... thats what i think anyway

Amachi
May 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Do not post in threads older than 30 days.