PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks... >.<

ErickaVolt
December 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Okay, Christmas is coming and my friends, neighbors and people is out there buying fireworks. I get annoyed when they use fireworks in morning. I think they should use it in midnight and I don't know why they're buying fireworks because fireworks is banned in the law. What can you say about the people and fireworks?

0m3GA ARS3NAL
December 23rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Well, Fireworks are not banned here... and it is pretty cool, cause I hang out on New Years by myself, and when I walk outside, it sounds like everything has gone into a war! LOTS of screaming, and LOTS of explosions, haha!

Heartless33
December 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
It sounds like fun thanks for the idea on what I could do on christmas ev XD

Guillermo
December 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
We can use fireworks over here as long as we are permitted to do so. We have to have a license and permission from certain people. If we weren't allowed them, then why would they be in festivals and stuff?

Ryusheika
December 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Fireworks are banned from being used inside the city limits where I live. Plus, the only thing that goes off during the christmas season are gunshots when new years hits at midnight.

Netto Azure
December 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
Heh...If I was in the Philippines...I'll be singing that Finger counting song.....People there love fireworks during this time of the year...But medical problems arise during this time too. =P

Buoysel
December 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
FIRE :D

I see nothing wrong with it, and actually some black cats sound fun in the snow that I'm buried under...

♣Gawain♣
December 24th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Fireworks are great! Unless you got yourself burned on lighting one.

processr
December 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Fireworks are but a minor annoyance to me, interrupting my music on and around Bonfire Night. As for New Year's Eve, well, one expects them. Not too big a deal, but I don't particularly like them.

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Wtf? Why are there fireworks on Christmas? What country?

ErickaVolt
December 24th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Wtf? Why are there fireworks on Christmas? What country?

Um, I live in Philippines. People loves fireworks in there, and I don't know why you're asking that there is supposed to be no fireworks in Christmas.

Candace
December 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I say... leave it until new years

They started here several weeks ago. And what really sucks is, since the sun sets at 3 pm, that's when the fireworks really kicks off... every... single... freaking... day. Then again, I remember when I was 12 and me and my cousin snuck around all night planting M16 firecrackers (they're big, dude) to the walls of an old folks home, only to have them go off at like 4 am

Good times =D

Cid
December 24th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Yup, here in the Philippines, fireworks explode even BEFORE Halloween.

Anyway, I used to think that they should stop doing that, but it's really up to them.
If they like it so much, then why bother?
I like fireworks, anyway.
But personally, I think they should do it less often, and at times where it won't be so disturbing.

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Um, I live in Philippines. People loves fireworks in there, and I don't know why you're asking that there is supposed to be no fireworks in Christmas.

Sorry, I dont know exactly what you are saying but here in America fireworks are only for the 4th of July and after baseball and soccer games! Or grand openings.

♣Gawain♣
December 24th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Sorry, I dont know exactly what you are saying but here in America fireworks are only for the 4th of July and after baseball and soccer games! Or grand openings.

Well here in the Philippines it's the opposite. Fireworks on Christmas and New Year and none on other holidays. >.<

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Oh I see. I wasnt trying to be funny or anything I just couldnt read through her errors.

.inLOVE
December 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Fireworks are okay, but seriously annoying when you are trying to sleep. The 4th of July, for instance. I was trying to sleep after going to a tiring party, and my neighbors were out at 2 am.

Buoysel
December 24th, 2008, 06:54 AM

D:

America is big. Where I'm from, fireworks are a major source of entertainment, all summer long. Where I now live, there are only used on July 4th, and New Year's Eve. And occasionally a festival or two.

Bottom line, only speak for your area.

True Reign
December 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Fireworks don't really bother me. If you hate them, then you should take some 'precautions' towards the noise they make.

When I usually don't want to hear them, I just go in my room, close the door, and just listen to music, or even *gasp* read a book.

Ikwaylx
December 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I have a phobia for loud and sudden noises, so fireworks scare the daylights out of me. It's a shame because they're so awesome to watch.

Vernikova
December 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I personally find fireworks exciting and fun. I don't have a problem when people buy fireworks illegally because they are fun to look at before Independence Day or New Years Day.

Michii
December 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
The place where I live in the United States has fireworks banned, so they're not really huge. However, many people just drive over to the next state or so to buy them, so they still go off at New Years and the summer. They don't bother me at all, to be completely honest. It's fun for people, and considering that teenagers my age annoy adults with their fun, I don't mind. :]

.Iramet
December 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, Christmas is coming and my friends, neighbors and people is out there buying fireworks. I get annoyed when they use fireworks in morning. I think they should use it in midnight and I don't know why they're buying fireworks because fireworks is banned in the law. What can you say about the people and fireworks?
From this piece of information, I deduct that you my friend are a hum-bug.
^^
Fireworks are awesome, without them the United States would have nothing to do on the 4th of July except sitting around going "Whoo, independence, yippee...".
@Michii: Same here, I live in Massachusetts, and everyone just goes to New Hampshire to get their fireworks.
xD

Magmortar_Hunter X
December 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I think it shouldn't be illegal, since it's celebrating our nation!

0m3GA ARS3NAL
December 24th, 2008, 01:20 PM

Peh, I live in the USA. (The state of Washington, city of Vancouver) and I light fireworks all the time. I love them, hehe, BOOM!!! Hehe!

Jorah
December 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Fireworks are for Bonfire Night. Fireworks on Chirstmas seems a little odd to me, but hey, fireworks are cool!

Evilyn
December 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Fireworks and all that stuff is allowed only from Christmas to New Years I think, something like that. I don't really mind them when people use it at that time, but I hate it when they use them like 2 weeks before Christmas. It's annoying and scares the hell out of my and the neighbour's Cats. :/

Idiot!
December 26th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Sales of fireworks is illegal here, but you can hear it almost every night during festive seasons. I don't mind, really. But I do hate it when someone plays with fireworks and then complain about their injuries. What do you expect? When you play with fire, be prepared to be burned.

Jubilation
December 26th, 2008, 07:52 AM
People use them in the paddock, (I live in front of a cow paddock). They scare my dog D:

Angela
December 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
In Iceland fireworks are legal, so the whole sky of Reykjavík will be painted with colors on the night of 31st 11PM, and the week after that it will be painted again with colors,

I'm gonna splurge my ass off buying fireworks:D.

Netto Azure
December 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Well during New Years here in LA you can watch some Fireworks show that are "safe" but fireworks use is Illegal. =/ Except for some forms of "Luces"

Horizon
December 26th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I agree that Fireworks going off in the day is pointless and should be banned, but banning them altogether? What's the harm in letting them off as long as you are safe with them? November 5th wouldn't be the same. =[

We'll definitely hear some going off over New Years, it's traditional. =D