PDA

View Full Version : I noticed these things recently.

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM
1.) Why is the BB code not shown for the Bold, Italics, and the Underline options, is it a new features that it just bold when we press them because the "" is not shown when bolding something.

2.) I noticed that PC supporters for some reason have two badges/signs. For example, one saying 5th Tier and the other saying 4th Tier, [B]both of them on the same person. Is this a mistake, or could it just be the theme I'm using.

Theme used: Delibird's Delivery

Rukario
December 26th, 2008, 03:31 PM
etc is shown for bold, Italics and underlines in the default and advanced editor. It may not be shown in the WYSIWYG one as its not a 'code' view editor.

As for the badges, only STAFF members who are also supporters should be showing 2..
Who was the user you saw with 2?
There is most likely a mistake with their profile set up.

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Here is an example:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=67163
(This is not a personal attack on a member, I don't even know this member, just using this as an example of a question)

Spinor
December 26th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I've noticed that too...

But wait Steve. the WYSIWYG format doesn't put codes?! Then why does it put codes on mine? I have WYSIWYG on.

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Actually it puts codes for the HTML, Spolier, etc., but not for the Bold, Italics, or the Underline anymore.

Spinor
December 26th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Orly? Why do you think it's doing with the Bold and Italic codes? It actually puts the code in the box.

destinedjagold
December 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
and I thought I was the only one seeing these problemos~

well, I have a picture about this topic in my album...
the user is Lornami... :\
no offence included...

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Orly? Why do you think it's doing with the Bold and Italic codes? It actually puts the code in the box.
I'm not a noob at the computer world, I know how HTML works, you obviously didn't read carefully about what I said and made assumptions. What I said was they don't show the codes such as "" when typing it, not that the effects are not visible.
and I thought I was the only one seeing these problemos~

well, I have a picture about this topic in my album...
the user is Lornami... :\
no offence included...
I know, I placed a link a couple of posts back.

Gerri Shin
December 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think the reason for Lornami having 2 supporter badges is because they were initially in the recurring supporters group, which put them in tier 2, however they donated again (not automatically) to gain tier 5 status, however the recurring supporter status was still registering that they had not reached enough $ to have the tier 5 badge, so in order to rectify this I believe Steve enables Lornami's secondary usergroup to be tier 5 so that they show the correct tier group. The tier 4 badge is only there until the recurring supporter status finally decides it's time to move them from 4 to 5, at which point I'm assuming Steve will most likely return Lornami's secondary usergroup back to normal members eliminating the second tier 5 badge.

for the editors, Steve is right, however I believe it still shows the codes for Spoiler because the spoiler tags are not a default bbcode for VBulletin, but a custom code put in by the Admins.

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I think the reason for Lornami having 2 supporter badges is because they were initially in the recurring supporters group, which put them in tier 2, however they donated again (not automatically) to gain tier 5 status, however the recurring supporter status was still registering that they had not reached enough $ to have the tier 5 badge, so in order to rectify this I believe Steve enables Lornami's secondary usergroup to be tier 5 so that they show the correct tier group. The tier 4 badge is only there until the recurring supporter status finally decides it's time to move them from 4 to 5, at which point I'm assuming Steve will most likely return Lornami's secondary usergroup back to normal members eliminating the second tier 5 badge.

for the editors, Steve is right, however I believe it still shows the codes for Spoiler because the spoiler tags are not a default bbcode for VBulletin, but a custom code put in by the Admins.

Nicely put, thanks for your reply.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 26th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Nicely put, thanks for your reply.

Yep, Gerri Shin has it right; I believe she was the one who posted a topic here awhile back asking about where her supporter banner had gotten too. Then she found herself with two due to a system glitch and she has the two banners until a certain date when her payment method stops. XD

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Ah, I get it, anyway thanks everybody, if a mod want to, they could close it.