PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Something that bugs me a bit.

Narcissus Secret
December 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Something that has really been bugging me is new members.(Not all, but quite a lot) Here are the reasons why:

They skip to the section that they want to go and don't read the rules or introduce themselves or anything. This is a problem because it creates a lot of annoying thread topics, posts in the wrong section... that sort of stuff. I see it mostly in the DPP trade and batlle areas.
There are a lot of rules broken that could've been avoided had they read the rules.
So, people get(New Members) get banned from that.

***Now, keep in mind this is feedback and in no way intended to be discussion.***

Zebra Thunderhead
December 26th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Right, because we have total control over them. If this isn't intended for discussion, why did you make a thread about it?

Godot17
December 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Were we any different when we enter our first forum? I don't think so. (Excluding BeachBoy, of course -_-')

Well, new members are always like that. You really can't do anything about it. Only a few of them are able to reach 1000 posts.

Visible Light
December 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I don't think all new members are like that, plus I doubt they get banned, maybe infracted.

Anyway, people should read the rules and you are right about that.

Narcissus Secret
December 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Right, because we have total control over them. If this isn't intended, why did you make a thread about it?
Am I not allowed to just put in my two cents and then leave it at that?

Patchisou Yutohru
December 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Am I not allowed to just put in my two cents and then leave it at that?

Everyone already knows this, though. I think that's pretty much a side point that she's trying to make. And this being feedback, you are bound to get responses questioning what you're saying. That's just the way it is.

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I've looked at some of the staff members firsts posts, and even some of them were like that. We'll just have deal with it :(

Narcissus Secret
December 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Will someone lock this Please.

EDIT:

What are the must-have hacks, the best hacks out there that everybody should try?

TIA,

NavadeHo

(I prefer a hack for each Pokémon game xD)
Just another example. New member, 1 post, that is it.

BeachBoy
December 26th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Excluding BeachBoy, of course -_-'Um, excuse you? XD I was a complete newb when I joined, and even got in my own fair share of trouble. (my infraction record isn't a clean slate) I just learned from my mistakes, unlike some new members.

Lostt, newbies can't be perfect from the get-go, and you need to accept the fact they're around. (and hope they learn from some mistakes they make) Sometimes they do the wrong thing, and staff react accordingly. It's just whether they learn from it that matters. So keep that in mind, new members are always there, why? Because everyone starts somewhere. We, the staff, do our best to clean up any mess they make, so there's no need to worry, either.

If you're going to get annoyed over newbies, you're frustrating yourself over something that can't be "fixed".

destinedjagold
December 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
so this thread refers to me as well, since when I joined, I skipped reading the rules and introduced myself...

but no matter, at least I behaved for my first day...
but anyways, newcomers tend to do so 'cause they wish to have a quick feedback/reply without a care in the world... :\

GKS
December 26th, 2008, 04:43 PM
You might be surprised how many people have infractions. I got 4 in total, with 2 expired. I learned from everything I did on the forum, now living clean in PC.

Melody
December 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I'm going to freely admit, when I joined PC, I didn't read the rules until AFTER I posted my introduction thread (Honestly it's hard to break a rule in NU&W because the mods of that forum were very laid back. Back when I joined PC, there were fewer rules and mods seldom infracted anyone for anything. Most of the time you'd see mods posting around and making PMs warning those who were breaking the rules to behave.

However times have changed and not everyone is like I am. I tend to read the rules when I join a place. It may not be the FIRST thing on todo list but I do it.

But alas we cannot control the noobs. We cant force them to actually read the rules. The best anyone can do is work to help the mods find every rule-breaking post as soon as it's made. By doing that, and reporting the violating posts, we are essentially helping the mods keep the rules in effect. So feel free to bust out the negative rep (be polite and constructive about your comments) and dont be afraid to use that report button and I'm sure you'll be able to make a difference.

Note that I've actually got zero infractions nor have I ever been warned. I've always worked closely with the staff when I was unsure of a rule and I've always made efforts to follow PC's rules to the letter and spirit.