PDA

View Full Version : Getting over Depression

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 12:35 AM
When ur depressed what helps u get over it? How do u do it? Share with us.

Gumball Watterson
December 27th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Guitar Hero, extra video games. Last time I was depressed I just attempted to magnify my home activities a bit more and it worked for me. Just lay of some of the school to show that something is wrong with you, talk to counselors, rehabilitate yourself, and there. Back to normal! Now go back to school you lazy-o ... :( ...

♣Gawain♣
December 27th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I'll read my favorite astronomy book or if it's nightime I'll use my telescope. If you too much knowledge coming in my head, I get over it. Or I'll talk to my cactus(silly right?).
>.>

Lash
December 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Me technique is through music. Whenever I start to feel down, I just put a CD in the player and turn the volume up, or I write. Then again, that's me. Everyone's got different techniques.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Guitar Hero, extra video games. Last time I was depressed I just attempted to magnify my home activities a bit more and it worked for me. Just lay of some of the school to show that something is wrong with you, talk to counselors, rehabilitate yourself, and there. Back to normal! Now go back to school you lazy-o ... :( ...

Its winter break and my counsellors never help,besides I got depressed recently over something serious and its not easy for me when a certain some1 reminds me, I'd blast music in my room but ppl r sleeping here.

Gumball Watterson
December 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Wow, that's tough :/. But as I said. Focus more on personal time, focuson completeting that video game, watch some Smosh Videos, That Guy with the Glasses, something on the internet that excludes hentai, please.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I find it too hard, the things that person said was too hurtful. (Hes a member here)

.inLOVE
December 27th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I talk to my good mates, or eat some cherry pie. I sometimes listen to Inu Yasha ending themes XD

Caina
December 27th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I get over it by just lying down in bed and build a castle of clouds. That's it, and I'm better. :D

ErickaVolt
December 27th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Since I get rarely depressed, I would just go to my pets, feed them and play with them.

1stGenNut
December 27th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Play videogames, talk to my friends, read a book, etc.

Just the usual stuff which keeps me happy comes in handy.

Caelus
December 27th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I tend to have three options incase I ever get depressed:

A. Read-I read my favorite comic books and see if they make me laugh. If they do my depression is gone but if they don't I go to plan B.

B. Play games- There's a lot of games I haven't bothered finishing and they tend to have pretty good endings so that can sometimes cure my depression. If that doesn't work I move on to Plan C.

C. Sleep-The next day I feel much better for some odd reason.

I rarely get depressed so I rarely use any of those options (Especially C, since that's like my last resort for depression).

Soul Eater
December 27th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I do get pretty depressed. I've had times during the night where I don't want to go to bed. It's like I don't want to do anything but sit there and wonder why I feel this way. It's so overwhelming.

I've also got Mild autism, ADHD, Moderate to severe anxiety/social phobia, and a learning disability. Sometimes those tend to control my emotions and then my emotions cause me to explode. D:

I do like to watch Inuyasha when I am upset. Other times I'll just watch something that makes me laugh or write a story. It helps get my mind off of things when I do something else.

I also love playing anything that would get me to forgot whatever my troubles are. XD

bgt
December 27th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I don't really get depressed; but if I am a little discouraged.

Music always does it for me.

i'm a bubble. pop me.
December 27th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I don't get depressed that much or maybe I do and I just don't call that depression^^; Who would know?XD
Anyway, I think that the best cure for depression is talk. So because you seem really hurt by what that friend of yours said, talk to somebody about it - your other friends or family. Even better, maybe you could talk to this guy who offended you. Maybe he didn't mean it. But if you know that he was serious and you aren't ready to forgive him, really talk to someobody else about it. After that just occupy yourself with other things and try not to dwell on it to much. Life is to precious for that sort of thing, even if at times it doesn't seem like it

SethCullen
December 27th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Apperently there is this thing called "seretene" in turkey and it boots up some chemical in your mind too make the depression go away. If i dont have turkey i listen to secondhand serenade. And after like a hour of listening to them i say "Screw this emo band!" And go out side.

Fangking Omega
December 27th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Music always relieves feeling a bit down. Just gotta find the right song.

Some of my friends had it worse
Some were better off than me
All the same somehow we are
Looking for our sanity
I'm thankful to be alive
I'm so lucky I can be
Anywhere at anytime
No-one to blame now but me
When I come crashing down

- Lyrics by Tony Harnell, from TNT's Crashing Down, Transistor 1999

TBH a lot of things aren't worth getting depressed about because there's always someone out there who's got it far worse than you ever will. I'm a privileged person. Sometimes things don't go my way and I might not get what I want or I lose a girlfriend etc etc. None of it's that bad.

Some things ARE bad, granted. Loss of a loved one, illness. Sometimes you just feel alone and cut off and that can bring you down. Everyone's entitled to feel down at some point. It's how you deal with it that counts.

You can dwell on things, or respond positively. I genuinely believe that that is a choice you can make. You can take on the mindset that will get you through. It's almost like choosing to be happy. I make it sound simple; and sometimes it's as easy as you make it. Easier for some than others, granted. I give some people this advice when they've had another break up or if their parents have had a fight or they say they have no friends and they really don't want to hear it because they think they're going to feel crap forever, and that's the kind of attitude that frustrates me (because it's the antithesis of myself and maybe I should respect that some people aren't the same as me). But when you reflect on a lot of things that make you feel bad in day to day life, they're not as bad as they seem at first, and responding positively will often yield a positive result and relieve the problem.

I'm getting philosophical here, so I'll share my metaphor for life:

Life's like a mountain that you climb every day, and you've got to reach the top. However, sometimes you'll come to a challenging vertical face that seems impossible to climb. You can either give up and go to rock bottom, or you can work at it, find a foothold and work your way over, or find another path around, maybe alone or with the help of a fellow climber. Either way, there's a way over every obstacle if you're willing to try. And it's worth it, because once you reach the top of this mountain, it's a damn good view.

So that's how I deal with feeling depressed or down. Stick it out, there's a way over anything.

Yamikarasu
December 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Same, the right music can always put me in a good mood. Or sometimes I play the guitar for a bit and that usually takes my mind off things. Anything that is a distraction, really.

vVintage
December 27th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Music and sleeping helps me or just being with my friends cause they always make me laugh.

RaikaCastillo
December 27th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I do a variety of things, but spending time with my cats helps when it seems that nothing is going right for me. They always cheer me up.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
well ur lucky u have pets, atm nobody in my family knows why Im depressed and I wont tell them why, the only thing that helped slightly was Tylenol.

Visible Light
December 27th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I would watch a funny episode of Family Guy or read ahead on my school work.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
eat lots if sugary food.
watch corny kids TV shows
Eat ice cream
read a corny book
eat chocolate
hang out with your friends

And my personal favourite: Go hug someone :)

Rockéttes
December 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
well ur lucky u have pets, atm nobody in my family knows why Im depressed and I wont tell them why, the only thing that helped slightly was Tylenol.

Alright, well first of all tell your family why you're depressed. Keeping things bottled up only a) frustrates the people trying to help, and b) makes it worse.

At times when I feel depressed, I usually sit and think about why I'm depressed. Concentrate on whatever it is that makes you sad. I mean, c'mon; you can only be depressed for so long, and not thinking about it is ultimately just prolonging the "recovery process". Ignoring things doesn't make them go away, right? Right.

You should also try to come up with a solution to your problem. Thinking about them isn't enough. Obviously, a problem becomes less when there's a solution to it, no?

Astinus
December 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Agreeing with Rockets that you should really tell someone close to you if you're feeling depressed. Speaking from personal experience, that's one of the best things, if not the best thing you can do.

I would also suggest keeping busy. Whenever my depression hits me, and I start to feel really horrible, I do a lot of random things that require a lot of movement. If I stay on the computer or watch television, then my depression starts to get the best of me. So I force myself to get out of my chair and do something. I either take my dogs for a walk, clean the house, or just go outside and walk. (On days that I work, I also do a lot of busywork there.) The fact that I got out of my chair improves my mood. Also, exercise releases chemicals in your brain that make you feel better.

Same with laughter. Think about all the things that make you laugh no matter what and then do them. Read a book with funny parts, watch some of your favorite television shows...anything to make you laugh.

The other things that I do when I'm depressed actually only work for me, so I'll refrain from saying them.

But tell your family if you are feeling depressed. Don't make any excuses to hold you from doing it. Do it. No matter what.

Le Krome
December 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I quite commonly start thinking of the good things in life, or what can easily be done to make it better.
Sometimes I may sleep, or play some games to try and get it off my mind.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I quite commonly start thinking of the good things in life, or what can easily be done to make it better.
Sometimes I may sleep, or play some games to try and get it off my mind.
that may sound simple and all but what if u were depresed enough that u had to be sent to the hospital?

Le Krome
December 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
that may sound simple and all but what if u were depresed enough that u had to be sent to the hospital?
Well, I've never gotten that bad before.
But if that were to happen, I would clear my mind, and just think, the cons of life, and why I should be happy with it.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Well, I've never gotten that bad before.
But if that were to happen, I would clear my mind, and just think, the cons of life, and why I should be happy with it.
I'd think about cons but that would make me feel worse, as the cons was completely the doing of someone else and they enjoy doing it still!

Le Krome
December 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, I completely used the opposite of what I meant.
I totally meant pros.
~_~

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
well my pros will probably turn to cons anyway.

Lo-chan
December 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
You should tell somebody you're close to. Friends or family. Although, someone older is probably best due to the fact that they have probably been through the same thing.

You should never keep things to yourself. That will never help you in the long run. Trust me, I use to do that a lot and just felt more and more depressed.

If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM.

Yu_&_Rei
December 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
am I dont have anyone who can understand my issues, this impact was so big my sister is even unsure of what I need to do.

BeachBoy
December 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Talking about it with someone, then laughter, rest, setting a simple goal, and getting said task done.

Those five keys help me conquer stress almost every time. Laughter probably being the most important.

Shadowwalker
December 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I just find someone i can trust to talk to about it.Or play Rock Band.

.emerald
December 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I would play with my PSP all day until my eyelids feel like bleeding--works every time(especially if the UMD is action packed like Naruto Heroes)

OR...

Eat tons of chocolate.

Sorano
December 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I have had depression for a while now, and before a few months ago there was nothing that could ever make me feel completely better. Music did the trick most of the time, but that was only temporary and only gave me relief for a short period of time before I felt the same as I did before. Recently I've been speaking to someone, and I find that this is the best approach for me. After the first visit, I started feeling better and I continue to feel better. I'm not like.. "cured" or anything, but I recommend that if you really are severely depressed then talking about it is really helpful. Some people may be skeptical like I was at first, but it does help. Everyone is different, though.

Master Electrician
December 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
First off, if it's a persistent condition and this kind of thing has troubled you in the past, it might be worth speaking to a psychiatrist. Clinical depression isn't something that can necessarily be dealt with through normal coping methods and it's much better to see someone who knows what they're talking about than it is to self-medicate.

If this is something new, then it's most likely circumstantial depression. Friends help, go out and do the things you love to do with them. Removing yourself from the situation for a while helps, so taking a break from PC might help. The other thing to remember is that there is no instant cure, especially if it's a very deep-seated depression. Time helps. A lot. So long as you're willing to put in some effort, then life DOES get better. If you continue to avoid changing the circumstances that are making you depressed, then you will continue to be depressed.

Although if you want what works for me, a good beer (limiting myself to one) and some time around the gaming table with my friends usually works wonders.

Ninja Tree
December 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Well I just build a bridge or just find a way around it.

Trap-Eds
December 27th, 2008, 10:30 PM
the things that person said was too hurtful. (Hes a member here)

Well then, did you tell a moderator or admin? Nobody has the right to make anyone else feel bad, whether it be on the Internet or not.

Do you really know this person offine in the "real world"? Because if you don't, there's really no point in getting upset because there's always nutjobs people like that online. But if you do know them, then you could try talking to that person and tell them why it upset you. If that plan fails, then talk to somebody else, and if that plan fails, then decide whether or not whatever that person said is really something to get depressed over, and then get on with your life. You shouldn't let one person drag you down.

As for when I'm depressed, well....I basically try to see whether it would make sense for me to sad, and/or then just do something that makes me laugh/feel good. Or vise versa.

Working Class Hero
December 27th, 2008, 10:40 PM
When ur depressed what helps u get over it? How do u do it? Share with us.

Using correct grammar. :]

No, seriously, I just either..curse at something or listen to t.A.T.u. ^-^;

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
December 27th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Music helps me a lot. Pink Floyd, Yes, Led Zeppelin, R.E.M., Simon & Garfunkel, Fleetwood Mac. Many others have songs that just... make me love life. They show me how beautiful things are sometimes. I really, really love music. It's my air. I find consolation in creating music too. Many of the songs I play with my band wouldn't exist and wouldn't be my pride had it not been for me being down.

My case is that of unrequited love. It's been years now, I've been through a lot-- So the way I cheer me up has changed over time. Lately I've found a really great way to be happier. I reached the point in which knowing she is alright, that she is happy, that's enough to fulfill me. I love her that much.

I don't know whether I'll love someone else like this in the future, but for now... Her happiness is all what matters to me. Yup, I thought that only happened in the movies. I thought that selfless feeling was fictitious... But I feel it now, and it's strong. And that's my way of getting over depression... I'll keep crying her love, yeah, but heck... As long as she smiles, I can't be sad. I just can't be. :D

Candace
December 27th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Pills

I know people always say "Oh no, pills are unnatural and bad!" ...but they really do help. They're constructed to change your serotonin produce. Usually people either feel anxious (panic attacks) or get depressed as a result of a serotonin blockage, and SSRI medication gives people that extra serotonin dosage that they're missing

I've suffered from panic attacks and depression (as a result) for 8 years. But 4 years ago I started taking Seroxat, a serotonin enhancer, and since then I feel great. I don't think about my panic attacks, I feel happier. But if I skip my medication for like 3 days, that depression comes creeping back and... it's indescribable how easy it is to forget how a depression feels. Anyways, pills help

True Reign
December 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Video games. They practically helped me through everything. When my great-grandmother died three years ago, I went home, called my relatives, cried, then went on to play Counterstrike Source until I had to leave for the airport.

Calms me down making 'mature' adults whine how I 'hack'. For god's sake, I'm in a CAL clan. Calm down. >_<

Cid
December 27th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I'd either read (pocketbooks), write (fanfics), play (Pokémon, usually), think, watch or just go here at PC.

There are a lot of things to do, anything to keep me distracted from depression.
I think it would help you if you keep yourself distracted/busy, and depression might go away...

Kura
December 27th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Listen, I almost had to be sent to the hospital for my depression too. I tried taking pills but they didn't work for me either for some reason.
It's the sort of negative thinking like "My pros will turn into cons anyways" that KEEP you in that depressive state. You need to talk to someone, and more importantly, you have to make an honest decision of where you stand and what you want. Do you really want out of this depressive state? Well analyze. What's making you depressed? What could you do to change it? Don't say "I can't do anything" don't say "I can try to ignore it" because ignoring doesn't work.

Watching TV and playing videogames can help you, but they're only a DISTRACTION. Once you turn the game off, you go back into depression. I know, I've been there. You don't want to distract yourself, you want to make the depression go away permenantly. And you know what? It will go away. But DON'T expect it to go away overnight. It's not something you can simply switch off. Someone can't tell you to start thinking more optimistic about yourself and that'll cure you. It's impossible to do that.
You have to analyze it yourself. Set your own goals, but don't be too ambitious at first.

Clean the environment around you. A messy room is a messy mind. You'll find that when you start to do stuff like that, it helps to get the energy flowing to your head. It's better than sitting and brooding anyways. Sometimes you can feel like you like going back to those thoughts.. because you think of them so often that even though they're bad thoughts.. they're comforting because it's like a routine where you think about the same thing. And what helps is FIRST trying to get you into a better more healthy routine, and then slowly you'll find that those thoughts will linger less because you will built more confidence on what you can be grateful for and what really matters in life.

I could go on forever but this post is getting long.

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Yu_&_Rei
December 28th, 2008, 12:06 AM
well actually i have felt better, this certain some1 apologized but then again i dont know if i can fully trust him. I'm still staying cautious

Gymnotide
December 28th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Go to a psychiatrist and pick up a pamphlet about "Depression."
Read it and have an epiphany about how much your decisions in life have sucked so far.
Realize that you've been wasting your own time and the time of your loved ones by being sad.
Reform your ideas and move on with your life.

Yu_&_Rei
December 28th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Go to a psychiatrist and pick up a pamphlet about "Depression."
Read it and have an epiphany about how much your decisions in life have sucked so far.
Realize that you've been wasting your own time and the time of your loved ones by being sad.
Reform your ideas and move on with your life.
I've gotten better so theres no need for that....

Candace
December 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I tried taking pills but they didn't work for me either for some reason.

What kind of pills, for the moment or long-time working SSRI?

I feel that for-the-moment pills (like calming drugs) never work for me, and actually worsens the condition. The first time you take long working SSRI medication you become EVEN MORE depressed (or no change, albeit that's rarer) for the first few weeks before your chemical structure adapts to the change

well actually i have felt better, this certain some1 apologized but then again i dont know if i can fully trust him. I'm still staying cautious

That's not what a depression is like. That's called "Being Blue" and is usually centered to one thing in particular (like something someone said that made you feel unhappy). Depression is when you lose interest in things around you and things you once liked somehow becomes (regrettfully) unimportant without explanation. A depression also usually last for at least 2 - 3 weeks before gaining the title "depression"

I suffer from bipolar depression if I forget to take my medication

Sorano
December 28th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Pills

I know people always say "Oh no, pills are unnatural and bad!" ...but they really do help. They're constructed to change your serotonin produce. Usually people either feel anxious (panic attacks) or get depressed as a result of a serotonin blockage, and SSRI medication gives people that extra serotonin dosage that they're missing

I've suffered from panic attacks and depression (as a result) for 8 years. But 4 years ago I started taking Seroxat, a serotonin enhancer, and since then I feel great. I don't think about my panic attacks, I feel happier. But if I skip my medication for like 3 days, that depression comes creeping back and... it's indescribable how easy it is to forget how a depression feels. Anyways, pills help

Agreed. They really do actually help. I was taking 150 mg of Effexor XR a day by the time they actually worked for me though. While they were helping, I decided to come off of them and try a different approach. I didn't like the fact that I was taking pills to make me feel better. It was a little hard at first, but I feel better than I did when I was taking them. :3

Metatron
December 28th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Depression, haha. Yeah, I have it, along with ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), and being bipolar. I'm walking on the brink of insanity :D

It used to be really bad, like, to the point where I would have to see a psychiatrist every week about it, who eventually decided the best way to deal with it would be to just load me up with a crapload of drugs (Prozac, FTW!), but now it's beginning to die down a bit. I stopped all medication a few months ago, mainly because nothing seemed to actually work for me, and I'm feeling fine now.

Even if medication does help some people feel better, I couldn't stand the thought of having to live the rest of my life relying on a pill to control my emotions, so I decided to just take control of it myself.

Vanilla Kitsune
December 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I've been diagnosed as "depressed" for over 4 years now. The trick to coping with it, as many have said, is talking to someone you trust about your problems. If you bottle them up, then you're making yourself worse. No one else is holding you back but yourself.

Music typically helps people, but for me, it really didn't do much. When I got upset I tell my mother or I draw. Sometimes I write stories, or just watch some television to make me laugh. Everyone has different methods.

And yes, pills DO work. I'm an example that they actually HELP. My doctor diagnosed me a small amount to test what would happen. The amount did not prove significant enough to help me, so she upped the prescription. The medicine works fine now. I take it every morning, and they help me through the day. Some people cannot cope the way others do. Relying on a pill isn't the best, but if it works, why even care? No one else knows about you taking them unless you tell them.

Seeing a counselor at school, in your city whatever is honestly the best approach. These people have gone to school for this, and specialize in this field.

HeidiMoose
December 28th, 2008, 11:04 AM
When I'm depressed I spend time with my dog (take him on walks, play with him, rough-house with him, pet him, brush him, talk to him, etc.. )

I've had him claimed since the day he was born, and he's always been my dog. He's my pride and joy, and he's like my child. I love him dearly and spending time with him has never failed to make me feel better.

I love my dog... so much. :D

pokemon_beauty
December 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm really lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend that is willing to put up with me :p

I get depressed quite often, but I don't take medication.
I can get into awful ruts sometimes, and it can be truly debilitating.

I write what I'm feeling down in a journal. That helps a lot because I realize even my biggest problems can still fit on a tiny sheet of journal paper.

I get outside and get fresh air. I spend some one on one time with nature (I live in the woods, so that isn't very hard!)

I take a break from the things that are stressing me out.

And, my boyfriend takes me out and does something special with me to make me feel better. A lot of time, just cuddling for a while really helps :)

If you find yourself being really depressed for long amounts of time, you should discuss it with your doctor. Self medication of any kind is extremely unhealthy :)

Kura
December 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM
What kind of pills, for the moment or long-time working SSRI?

I feel that for-the-moment pills (like calming drugs) never work for me, and actually worsens the condition. The first time you take long working SSRI medication you become EVEN MORE depressed (or no change, albeit that's rarer) for the first few weeks before your chemical structure adapts to the change

That's not what a depression is like. That's called "Being Blue" and is usually centered to one thing in particular (like something someone said that made you feel unhappy). Depression is when you lose interest in things around you and things you once liked somehow becomes (regrettfully) unimportant without explanation. A depression also usually last for at least 2 - 3 weeks before gaining the title "depression"

I suffer from bipolar depression if I forget to take my medication

It's for seratonin control.. :/ It was Paxil I believe.

I really hate when people mix up being sad.. and being depressed.

Evilyn
December 28th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I either listen to music, cuddle with my Cat, talk with my friends or just go bed and sleep.

Michii
December 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Thank you ever so much for now making me want to stay up all night and play guitar hero. I'm just getting over my obsession too. ;;

For my depression, I usually give myself advice and listen to music. I sometimes go for walks or runs also, and reflect for awhile. Walking and reflecting always makes it better. :3

>Feelings<
December 29th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I have different ways to calm my depression down at different times. This, added with sharing it with my bro, really does it fine.

Lilith
December 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Foruming, particularly going to PC. :x

I need to be around optimistic people. There's no one to talk to irl, so this is a nice place to relax..

Playing video games or listening to music also makes me happier and blocks out my mother's voice.

Alex_
December 30th, 2008, 06:04 AM
What most of you fail to realize is that there is a difference between being depressed and just sad. "Listening to Inuyasha music" and "watching Family Guy" doesn't do anything for depression.

Edit: Aaand I just read up and realized someone already covered this, but still, it doesn't hurt to say it again.

Tokin
December 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I like to asess the problem, try to solve it, and if it's unsolvable, at least for the time being, then I put it into perspective and seeing it stripped of its apparent importance and seeing how much smaller it is in reality, it ceases to be depressing^^

bubblewrap
December 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
With me, one word: WAFFLES.
I always eat them when I'm depressed. Or, I just go on youtube and watch funny videos. (Ex: Smosh)
After that, I just play video games.