PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War [PC]

True Reign
December 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Anybody play this game for the computer? I got it for Christmas and I'm on level fifty-eight. I can already tell that it's going to get a little boring without a few people to play with. So to make a few friends on the game, I decided to make this thread.

For discussion, etc. too.

Rellyms
December 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I didn't even know it was for PC, I got it for PS3 and getting it for Wii

Stronkadonk
December 27th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I got it for the 360, and it is insanely fun.
One of my favorite games (My favorite, as of now, for the 360)

kidpunk
December 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Its a decent (but not better) clone of COD4 with a few tweeks here and there, but it's nowhere as good as last year's official Game of the Year. I have it for the 360.

True Reign
December 27th, 2008, 10:43 PM
To tell you the truth this is my new favorite game for the PC. XD

Its a decent (but not better) clone of COD4 with a few tweeks here and there, but it's nowhere as good as last year's official Game of the Year. I have it for the 360.
To tell you the truth, I like COD5 more. I enjoy the old German / Russian weapons from the two World Wars then the modern rifles / machine guns.

mewthree w/armor
December 28th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I got it for Christmas and will be playing it eventually.

True Reign
December 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM
When you start playing it, you should try the flamethrower. It sucks compared to the other guns, but also pretty funny because of all the flames.

Elite Champion
December 29th, 2008, 09:39 AM
i got it for the ps3 if anyone else did please add me!!!

name:weelewi1

Haza
December 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Sorry, not computer but i am a big fan of the franchise so i got it for PS3( love the HD quality). Its one of the best CoDs to date.

Cassino
December 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Yes I got it on PC, but right now I need a better computer to run it.

My Xfire is evethewhiterabbit, so if you've got that then feel free to add me.

Razer302
December 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I got this on the PS3. I will add anyone in here that has it. Anyone can add me as well. I am quite good. xD

I can't decide if I like COD4 or COD:WAW more. I hate the tanks in WAW though. I don't think they should have been included.

Fenrir Reki
December 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
I have it on the PS3, but I play better using a keyboard. Zombie natzi wars is so fun.
I think CoD4 is better though because of the guns you can get because I always use P90.

Fox♠
December 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM
I got this on the PS3. I will add anyone in here that has it. Anyone can add me as well. I am quite good. xD

I can't decide if I like COD4 or COD:WAW more. I hate the tanks in WAW though. I don't think they should have been included.

My PSN is DrGoblin, just started playing it today, only lvl 11 though.

I hate the tanks too. If the enemy gets two of them you're pretty much done for, even if you have the rocket launcher.

I'm pretty fond of calling in the dogs when I get a chance.

Arcanine
January 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
I got the game launch day. And a got a few hours on it. But I still like CoD4 better. I'm just so much better at CoD4 then I am at WaW. But none the less, I play the game. And I'm a level 62 on 4th prestige. So... yea, I'm fairly high ranked.

Haza
January 20th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hey. On PS3 how are people getting the rainbow names and stuff?

moments.
January 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry can't answer your question Haza but I am considering getting World At War on PC but my laptop is pretty bad with games so I was wondering what specifications are required and what are recommended?

True Reign
January 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I have been wondering that myself lately; they have it too on the PC.

Maybe it's a distinction between admins and regular members?

Cassino
January 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hey. On PS3 how are people getting the rainbow names and stuff?
Try:
type in rain or cycl in your clan tag

You may otherwise continue the search I started for you. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=7v4&q=PS3+coloured+name+cod+waw&btnG=Search)

Haza
January 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
-;4297779']I have been wondering that myself lately; they have it too on the PC.

Maybe it's a distinction between admins and regular members?

No. Normal people have it and its so common now. I think it has something to do with the clan tags. Everyone with rainbow name ha a [rain] tag.

Try:

You may otherwise continue the search I started for you. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=7v4&q=PS3+coloured+name+cod+waw&btnG=Search)

Oh. Thankyou. I knew I was on the right track.

Fox♠
January 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM
I think they're gonna turn it off soon. I heard it was just going to run alongside the double exp weekend.

moments.
January 21st, 2009, 04:04 AM
My question still stands, do I need a powerhouse PC to play Call of Duty: World at War?
What are the recommended specs for playing it?

Cassino
January 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM
What are the recommended specs for playing it?
Processor
AMD 64 2300+,
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better

HDD/SSD
8GB free

RAM
512MB,
(1GB for Vista)

Video card
Shader 3.0 or better 256MB nVidia Geeforce 6600,
ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
(onboard chipsets not supported)

Direct from the game case.
To run it well however, yes, you will need a powerhouse.