December 28th, 2008, 04:57 AM
[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg

1. Starting word
2. The right worldmap
3. Inserting the worldmap
4. Making and inserting the tilemap
5. Ending word

1. Starting word

Hi Guys, here I'll show you how to hack the worldmap in a Firered version.
I'll take a german firered version.

2. The right worldmap

The worldmap must be 208x144 or 192x144...
Also, your worldmap mustn't have more than 256 Tiles! If your worldmap has more difficult (!!!) tiles, you have to make another or change it.
The route and city markes must be at one 8x8 Tile, because, ingame you select 8x8 tiles with the cursor.

3. Inserting the Worldmap
This is one of the easiest steps! Open your rom in the Unlz GBA and go to ~190, Black/White.
http://haefele.ha.funpic.de/Romhacking/TUT/WeltkarteFRLG/6.PNG
Now save the picture and open it in paint.
http://haefele.ha.funpic.de/Romhacking/TUT/WeltkarteFRLG/7.PNG
Now take the tiles of the new Worldmap and paste it into paint,and save!
Now open Unlz GBA and go to the worldmap, insert yours with this checks, and define a new Offset.
http://haefele.ha.funpic.de/Romhacking/TUT/WeltkarteFRLG/8.PNG

4. Making and inserting the Tilemap
The worldmap looks ingame horrible, doesn't it?
We need the NTME or another Tilemap Creator, and have to open our Tileset.
Now make and save the tilemap.
http://haefele.ha.funpic.de/Romhacking/TUT/WeltkarteFRLG/9.PNG
Lastly, open the Unlz GBA once more, go to the worldmap and take "File"->"Load raw...", and import the Tilemap.
After that you have to write it in the rom, make "write to rom" and the check: "Export Palette", and write a new offset.
Save it and open the Hex Editor and you rom.
Look into the list of lu-ho for the offsets of the old tilemaps.

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRE
$3F089C
$3F0AFC
$3F0C0C
$3F0CF0

Search in: POKEMON LEAFBPGE
$3F06D8
$3F0938
$3F0A48
$3F0B2C

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRD
$3F00F4
$3F0354
$3F0464
$3F0548

Search in: POKEMON LEAFBPGD
$3EFF30
$3F0190
$3F02A0
$3F0384

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRI
$3E7B58
$3E7DB8
$3E7EC8
$3E7FAC

Search in: POKEMON LEAFBPGI
$3E7994
$3E7BF4
$3E7D04
$3E7DE8

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRS
$3EAB70
$3EADD0
$3EAEE0
$3EAFC4

Search in: POKEMON LEAFBPGS
$3EA9AC
$3EAC0C
$3EAD1C
$3EAE00

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRF
$3E8E58
$3E90B8
$3E91C8
$3E92AC

Search in: POKEMON LEAFBPGF
$3E8C94
$3E8EF4
$3E9004
$3E90E8

I need this.

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRD
$3F00F4
$3F0354
$3F0464
$3F0548
I'll take the first offset, the tilemap of the normal region.
Now, make the pointer of it.
[3F][00][F4] -> [F4][00][3F]+[08] -> F4003F08.
Search for it in your rom, and change the pointer, take your offset (mine was $810000 -> 00008108) and correct the old.
Thats it!

5. Ending word
Sooo... I didn't tell you how to change the palette, I think you can this.
The Tutorial is (c) by haefele.
Oh yes, I know that my worldmap wasn't like this one, i have talked about in the first step.
One thanks go to ~FunHouse~, he has correct my english.
Have fun and at making worldmaps! ;)

Sync
December 28th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Hey Häfi,

well done. I think it's usefull for some hackers here ;)

Cheesymitten
December 28th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks this is helpful :) my map sucks :P oh well but one thing when i import it to unLZ it says its not indexed O.o

Neti
December 29th, 2008, 02:26 PM
you say i have to enter a new offset... but how do i know the offset? xD
im not really experienced in that stuff

i think iwould be able to find an offset with the fsf, but i dont know how mcuh space i need...
also i dont have a hex editor to change the offset later on. once i downloaded one it was bugging me... can you recommend one and give more details on that step please?

Full Metal
December 29th, 2008, 07:09 PM

i think iwould be able to find an offset with the fsf, but i dont know how mcuh space i need...
also i dont have a hex editor to change the offset later on. once i downloaded one it was bugging me... can you recommend one and give more details on that step please?yeah the last little bit is confusing for me too.I'll edit this post if i figure it out

mcr3240ca
December 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
This is very helpful. Thanks for posting this ^^

Darthatron
December 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Oh, you nearly had it. However, you can have 4,096 unique tiles, and you can flip them.

D-Trogh
December 31st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Oh, you nearly had it. However, you can have 4,096 unique tiles, and you can flip them.Erm.. And now I think YOU are wrong..?
> 8BPP tilemaps support tilesets with a maximum amount of 256 unique tiles..
> 4BPP tilemaps support tilesets with a maximum amount of 1024 unique tiles..

X-Buster
December 31st, 2008, 02:45 AM
I'd ask MasterMind_X months ago and he said that the worldmap can have 65535 kind of tiles..

D-Trogh
December 31st, 2008, 03:15 AM
I'd ask MasterMind_X months ago and he said that the worldmap can have 65535 kind of tiles..
I don't see how that would be possible.. At least, not for the formats I posted above!
> 8BPP tilemaps have one byte (8bits) available to store the tile number; so &hFF + 1 or 256 tiles maximum
> 4BPP tilemaps have 10bits available to store the tile number; so a maximum of &h3FF + 1 or 1024

An other format might have 16bits (2bytes) available for the tile number, so that would indeed make a maximum of &hFFFF + 1 or 65536

Anyways, B2T!

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
December 31st, 2008, 04:16 AM

Are you sure you don't mean 65536? That would give you two bytes...

Edit: MR-I-CAN-WRITE-IT-FASTER-AND-MORE-CLEAR/D-Though... You're just SOOOO anoying sometimes>_>

haefele
December 31st, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hmm, thats interesting, standartly I have 4BPP, and there I can use 256 Tiles.

Oh yes, I've made a videotutorial... I upload it now, and edit the link.

Popstar Leafeon
January 1st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Something about this is bugging me immensely. Every time I go to put in my world map, it tells me "File is not Indexed." Will someone explain to me what this means?

amtrax
January 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM

also i dont have a hex editor to change the offset later on. once i downloaded one it was bugging me... can you recommend one and give more details on that step please?

um to get ur offset, try put it on the rom without changing offset and make sure 'auto abort if too big' is on a error box should pop-up saying 'compressed size is: __ which is too big. aborting' the __ is a hex no. which you need so remember it. press cancel and open the windows calculator on scientific mode. go into 'hex' and type in the hex no. from before, then switch to 'dec' or decimal and it will automatically be transferred into a decimal. this decimal is the amount of space you need to search for on fsf.
credit to >dante< for teaching me this

SmashLucario
January 8th, 2009, 04:30 AM
What is the raw tilemap supposed to look like in unLZ? just like a bar or random squiggly stuff? or is it supposed to look like the map...? :S

haefele
January 8th, 2009, 05:04 AM
The tilemap looks in the Unlz GBA... ugly...
If you want to see, look my video tutorial, it's now online:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=EcMxqZ2DQok

Sorry for the bad quality, I've uploaded it one more time:
http://haefele.ha.funpic.de/Videos/WorldmapHackingFR.rar

atanil
January 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
How can I change that odd colors??

Edit:I have changed most of the colors but I can't change colors of the towns:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4391/mapqh3.th.png (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mapqh3.png)

notbob
May 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I need help, I can't find the hex numbers in hexecute. I need help!!!

kaka1918
May 16th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I can translate to french tutorial with credit

Vince_27
May 25th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I don't very understand this tuto.
It's look like good but sometimes I don't understand.
If it was explain better maybe I understand it.

kingrocker
May 26th, 2009, 04:16 AM
how do you change the colors

kaka1918
May 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
the problem is Pelet
problem is that I too
never really able to insert a worldmap
(I was come, but my last hurdle
was the range).
If I can solve this problem, you
will include a manually worldmap
from an already drawn image.

Sweet Jasmine
May 27th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Geez. This tutorial is helpful.. Oh by the way.. Im currently trying it right now.. :3

-Yasumin

skenno1
May 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Nice tutorial very Informitave

DawnRyder
August 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
OK. When I insert the image at a new offset, and open my rom in VBA the map is all screwy, but the palette is fine...

I used PTC for tilemap/tileset editing.

What did I do wrong?

Curt_09
August 18th, 2009, 08:19 PM
OK. When I insert the image at a new offset, and open my rom in VBA the map is all screwy, but the palette is fine...

I used PTC for tilemap/tileset editing.

What did I do wrong?

Did you change the pointer of the tilemap? Just so you know it can't be done in unLZ. You usually have to do it by hex, although someone around here made a tool for repointing the world map tilemaps. I used it. Check around the toolbox.

DawnRyder
August 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Curt_09, looking now!

SiegHart
September 11th, 2009, 12:56 PM
hmm so i have a question, i followed the guide exactly as i should have, i made new offsets when needed and stuff, and repointed the map at the end, but my question is, when i open up the rom and view the world map it just goes to a black screen, but when i show the world map in advanced map it shows the correct map... why wont it show up in the rom

Pokepal17
September 11th, 2009, 08:40 PM
hmm so i have a question, i followed the guide exactly as i should have, i made new offsets when needed and stuff, and repointed the map at the end, but my question is, when i open up the rom and view the world map it just goes to a black screen, but when i show the world map in advanced map it shows the correct map... why wont it show up in the rom

The offsets you should have inserted the map at should have either ended with 0,4,8 or C. I'm guessing yours didn't. Please tell me if yours did or not so we can solve your problem.

OM3GA Umbr30n
September 12th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I understood everything perfectly fine nice tutorial but the only thing i didnt really understand was the ending.
EDIT:nvm...

psychicboy
September 16th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Can this be done from advance map?

wikus 123
February 2nd, 2010, 03:29 AM
does this change how you control the world map like giving information on town and routes or just changes the look?
because i want to change the flying positions aswell. Can someone give me a link to where i want to go?
Thanks alot in advance.

Tropical Sunlight
February 2nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
does this change how you control the world map like giving information on town and routes or just changes the look?
because i want to change the flying positions aswell. Can someone give me a link to where i want to go?
Thanks alot in advance.
This only changes the graphics. In you want to change other things, you can do it in Advance-Map.

wikus 123
February 2nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
This only changes the graphics. In you want to change other things, you can do it in Advance-Map.
Thanks for the reply
umm does AM really edit those parts of the map like if you want to fly for example to another area and choose where to fly in the map.
just making sure okay.
again thanks in advance

sir.euge
February 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the reply
umm does AM really edit those parts of the map like if you want to fly for example to another area and choose where to fly in the map.
just making sure okay.
again thanks in advance
Yes, in advance map u can choose your fly positions and u have to apply every city to the map

MikeMatt15
May 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I can't seem to get this working. I tried many times, all I get is a funky colored screen with one tile over the entire world map.

TheChroniclesofLance
May 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
the number is wrong. It isn't 195.
I can't find it

NeoS
May 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, I need your help.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be there. Since I can remove, and not the RAW. I have reviewed hundreds of times with NTME.

Check it:
The blue line is at the bottom of both maps.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5773/problem1i.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1440/problem2.png

Can you help me?

Note: Do not steal the WorldMap, are my hack. Hoenn is the modification of "The Corpse Devils" credits to him.

TheChroniclesofLance
May 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
why not just use a combination of VS trainer and Atext

Mr. Banana Peel
May 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
help people i cant get it to work i think theres something wrong i do with the hex editor and ive tried 6 times now and it still wont work please help me

locoroco
May 27th, 2010, 06:34 AM
does any1 know the offsets to the 1-9 islands world map cant seem to find them i need the really badly any1 knows them please post them thyx in advanced !!!!

X-Buster
May 27th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, I need your help.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be there. Since I can remove, and not the RAW. I have reviewed hundreds of times with NTME.

Check it:
The blue line is at the bottom of both maps.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5773/problem1i.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1440/problem2.png

Can you help me?

Note: Do not steal the WorldMap, are my hack. Hoenn is the modification of "The Corpse Devils" credits to him.
open your .raw file in hex editor then add 16 bytes in the end.
the total bytes should be 1216 not 1200.

gl3500
June 3rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
I am having a problem, can somebody please explain what i did wrong when i followed the tutorial, this is what i ended up with.

Maho Minami
June 3rd, 2010, 12:55 AM
one of the confusing tutorials i ever saw O.O

Zehed
June 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I gave up on this long ago... No amount of instruction could teach me the right way to do this...

ERROR
June 23rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
I gave up on this long ago... No amount of instruction could teach me the right way to do this...

lol i wa sjust about to say the same thing
i cant think of a new design for the map at all :(

bigboi
July 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Question! I tried hacking the other FR/LG maps (The island ones) and they all replaced the first map. How do you hack the other ones?

Mr
July 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM
In step 3 you have a new map to insert. Did you make that from scratch in paint or is there a program that can help with this?

sisonoio
July 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
After i insert my new map following this tutorial i get some blue tiles in the right-bottom angle of the map instead of the "sea" tiles that i have put in the tilemap.

Shiny Quagsire
July 17th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I am having a problem, can somebody please explain what i did wrong when i followed the tutorial, this is what i ended up with.

It looks like you replaced the tilemap with the raw, and the raw with the tilemap, or your raw isn't the right format (8bpp or 4bpp)

one of the confusing tutorials i ever saw O.O

You should see Mastermind_X's site's tutorials. Now that's confusing. This ain't nothing. :)

After i insert my new map following this tutorial i get some blue tiles in the right-bottom angle of the map instead of the "sea" tiles that i have put in the tilemap.

Read through the thread. :(

hayden10
July 24th, 2010, 03:12 PM
When I search up the offset in the HEX editor (Cygnus FREE) it says cannot find string! can you help me?
BPRE
CODE:$3F089C
POINTER:9C083F

Mr. Banana Peel
July 31st, 2010, 03:44 PM
help im tired of failing each time i do this here is my map link
i31.tinypic. com/1g3ev5.png (take away the space) all that happenes is that when i go to the pokemon center town map the music keeps playing but it goes black and freezes and then when i go outside im stuck in a pile of trees so help me

Tower Tycoon Palmer
August 2nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
If any of you didn't already know how, you can change the the little icon that shows where you are (the players head, i can't really put it into a technical term). If you've changed the sprite of the hero, it will still appear on the map as the original hero's head. you can change this on fire red by going into UNLZ-GBA and going to "187" for the male hero and "188" for the female hero. Just incase.

IDoLikeMudkip
August 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM
ah, is very helpful, i will pass this one on too, to someone who probably will find it just as helpful

Shiny Quagsire
August 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
When I search up the offset in the HEX editor (Cygnus FREE) it says cannot find string! can you help me?
BPRE
CODE:$3F089C
POINTER:9C083F
You have to search hex, not a string

jackjt8
August 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
world map....
-i've made it
-got a .raw file form ntme (i didn't know if you needed it so i got it)

-found the fire red world map in unLZ (190-195)

-saved the FR world map opened in paint- then copy my map over the top, saved. notes: old map in .png my map in .dib

-then imported the new world map in and error....
Error: image is not indexed

any help?

supermania23
September 18th, 2010, 07:13 AM
This is just very confusing...
The ending part confuses me!
can someone create a new TUT with alot of
pictures in it?

Newbies like me can gain alot with it...

Masterge77
September 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Is there a tutorial like this for Ruby?

Dark_Trainer96
November 29th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Is there a tutorial like this for Ruby?
Or a tutorial for Emerald?

DJ91990
December 7th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I AM A COMPLETE AND TOTAL BAKA!

I do blame OP a bit on this because OP is not clear on the final step what to do.

On the final step OP says to click "Export Palette". I foolishly assumed that meant to click NOTHING BUT Export Palette.
If OP would be so kind as to edit the OP so it says. "Be sure to click all four options, Explore Image, Auto Abort, Fix Pointers and Export Palette."

When I clicked all four clicks it worked!
Funny how one misleading sentence can break an entire tutorial eh?

Now I need some help again, when I import my tilemap the colors are all messed up!
I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I exported a snapshot of the Kanto World Map from VBA and use those colors in the creation of my tileset and tilemap. Every time I import the tilemap into my ROM with UNLZGBA the colors are all messed up! Please help.

fluid
December 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Helped me inserting my world map on a very comfortable way. I remember how to insert the map by following HackMews Guide, that was such a pain xD.

SPG
January 18th, 2011, 02:57 PM
when i try importing mew new map in unlzgba it says error image not indexed how do i fix this? if it helps here is my map

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/superpalkiagalaxy/soraregionnewmap.png

NintendoBoyDX
January 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM
You simply open the image in irfanview and decrease color depth to 16. The world map can only use 16 colors.

SPG
January 18th, 2011, 04:43 PM
can some one do this for me plz? it wont work for some resone ~_~

Shiny Quagsire
January 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
can some one do this for me plz? it wont work for some resone ~_~

That's kind of lazy if you ask me. :(

But, the problem with that is you don't get any learning experience. What step are you stuck on? Any errors? A screenshot?

SPG
January 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
That's kind of lazy if you ask me. :(

But, the problem with that is you don't get any learning experience. What step are you stuck on? Any errors? A screenshot?
i realy dont care... my specialty is ow editing mapping and movment scripts nothing to do with unlzgba (i can all so use yape and insert new pokemon but thats easy) but i have no errors i have a hard time under standing the last 2 steps (4 and 4 1/2 cuz 2 steps in one) sorry for grammer.... and when i do this i feel like i do this all wrong so ya....

NintendoBoyDX
January 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
i realy dont care... my specialty is ow editing mapping and movment scripts nothing to do with unlzgba (i can all so use yape and insert new pokemon but thats easy) but i have no errors i have a hard time under standing the last 2 steps (4 and 4 1/2 cuz 2 steps in one) sorry for grammer.... and when i do this i feel like i do this all wrong so ya....
Too bad then. No one will do it for you. Unlz is simple to use, so is Irfanview. And also, can't really call "ow editing mapping and movement scripts" specialties. If you don't care enough to even open a program and make two clicks, then there is no point to hacking.

Once more, as for indexing, it's really this simple:
open your image in the program irfanview
click image>decrease color depth
choose 16colors
uncheck floyd-steinbeck dithering
save

SPG
January 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
ok no that the dick is out of me (sorry for the launguage) this happends (pic is veiwed in A-map)http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/superpalkiagalaxy/myproblem.png

how do i fix this? i followed every single step exactle how it appears and it comes up like this (before yo say do it again i did it twice)

Shiny Quagsire
January 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
ok no that the dick is out of me (sorry for the launguage) this happends (pic is veiwed in A-map)http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/superpalkiagalaxy/myproblem.png

how do i fix this? i followed every single step exactle how it appears and it comes up like this (before yo say do it again i did it twice)

I'll excuse your language for now. (It's about 10x worse at my school. X( )

It looks like you inserted the graphics correctly, which is good. Now you need the tilemap, which I'm not sure you inserted. Go into NTME, and open your tilemap, and make sure it's in 8bpp mode, and save. Next go into UNLZ, and import your RAW. Click Write to ROM, and uncheck everything but export image. Now go to the image offset textbox, and paste a free space offset. !!Remember this offset!! Now this part wasn't well explained by the author.

Take your free space offset in notepad. I'll use an example of 123456, to clearly show you.

Now divide it into three even sections:

12 34 56

Now swap the first and last sections, and add 08:

56 34 12 08

Now you have a pointer! Now go into a Hex Editor (I recommend HxD. Just google it, and download it. Don't worry, it's completely free. ;)) In that last spoiler in the first post, (The one with the crazy numbers,) Locate your ROM Header. If you are using an English fire red, you'll use this one:

Search in: POKEMON FIREBPRE
$3F089C
$3F0AFC
$3F0C0C
$3F0CF0

Now take the first offset, and do what you did to the free space offset. This is called repointing.

3F089C

3F 08 9C

9C 08 3F 08

Now you would search for those hex values in a hex editor. (In HxD, press Ctrl+F, and select hex values instead of text string.) Search, and you should find the same exact value. Now take your free space pointer we made, (56 34 12 08) and replace the old value we found.

Reply if it worked or didn't work. ;)

SPG
January 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
ok now this happends.....http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/superpalkiagalaxy/problem.png

do you have skype or something so we dont fill this tread up with our conversation?

Arceustamer91
August 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
The red city tiles for me don't fit exactly! they are 8x8 (pixels) when i go to NTME they don't fit in one click (if you know what i mean) will it still work when you make flying permissions and the box-click thing (wat u use to choose where you fly)

mat1554
December 17th, 2011, 08:21 AM
It's a good tutorial, but I have only one problem and if BIG ^^ On can change the pallet. If I export Palette Act with VisualBoy Advance, and I search in APE he cannot find pallet ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Ironblockade
December 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM
This tutorial helped me out alot, thanks!

Lyzak
December 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
The worldmap must be 208x144 or 192x144...
Also, your worldmap mustn't have more than 256 Tiles! If your worldmap has more difficult (!!!) tiles, you have to make another or change it.

1) 208x144 or 192x144? What makes the difference? The type of game?

2) The map cannot have more than 256 tiles? But the image you dumped off of unLZ has 320?

3) Can repeated "tiles" be rotations or reflections?

MissDigitalis
January 3rd, 2012, 04:58 AM
Er.. I thought this would be pretty straight forward but whenever I define a new offset for the map it glitches my title screen for some reason. :(

Open the Hex Editor and you rom.
Look into the list of lu-ho for the offsets of the old tilemaps.

Spoiler:

I need this.

Spoiler:

I'll take the first offset, the tilemap of the normal region.
Now, make the pointer of it.
[3F][00][F4] -> [F4][00][3F]+[08] -> F4003F08.
Search for it in your rom, and change the pointer, take your offset (mine was $810000 -> 00008108) and correct the old.
Thats it!

I really don't understand what this part is trying to say at all.

MissDigitalis
January 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Ok redriders180 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=218050) explained the first offset to me but I don't get how to do the rest.

I'm kind of hoping to get this done tonight, can anyone help me out?

Edit, ok I got the map to work and now I just need help with getting the borders back.

Just a few notes for people who may need help with this.

The tilemap has to be FR/LG WM for it to insert right.
And to correct the pallet search for this offset in APE 003EF2DE.
You may have to manually correct the colors instead of just importing the pallet you want.

I'm also told that there has to be a dark blue background on your tilemap for the borders to not disappear but I haven't gotten that part figured out yet.

Jay the penguin
January 16th, 2012, 05:15 PM
So Im alittle confused on what you do in paint? you said you put in your tiles, what do you mean by that Cuz i know what you mean by tiles.

Speedster
January 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Ok redriders180 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=218050) explained the first offset to me but I don't get how to do the rest.

I'm kind of hoping to get this done tonight, can anyone help me out?

Edit, ok I got the map to work and now I just need help with getting the borders back.

Just a few notes for people who may need help with this.

The tilemap has to be 32x20 for it to insert right.
And to correct the pallet search for this offset in APE 003EF2DE.
You may have to manually correct the colors instead of just importing the pallet you want.

I'm also told that there has to be a dark blue background on your tilemap for the borders to not disappear but I haven't gotten that part figured out yet.
I'm not sure if you finally got it figured out but if you still need help post for it. :)

So Im alittle confused on what you do in paint? you said you put in your tiles, what do you mean by that Cuz i know what you mean by tiles.
You will place the tiles of the old FireRed map into paint. Take your map and separate it into 8x8 tiles which you will place over the old tiles. I hope that explains. If it doesn't you can ask.

Valentin
February 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM
I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be on the bottom of the world Map.

I didn't understand , can someone please explain this step.

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
February 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be on the bottom of the world Map.

I didn't understand , can someone please explain this step.Open up "HxD", "CrystalTile", "Hex Fiend", or whatever hex editor you use, add 16 bytes (probably 00s) to the end if the file is 1200 bytes long.

That probably explains the blue line, if you didn't do that.

Valentin
February 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the help, it worked.

~[BlackHole]
February 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
EDIT: ok I fixed the problem,but now there is another annoying thing òò I changed worldmap's cities and routes with Amap,but the small head that shows PG's position remains where there was the city before.
As you can see in the image,the player's head should be in "cerulean city" because the player is in the pokemon center of cerulean city,but he is where there was the old cerulean city in kanto's map.
Is there anybody here who knows how to fix this? Thanks a lot!

PS sorry for my english :p

djfunky
February 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
This tutorial helped me out alot, thanks!

FrozenInfernoZX
July 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Sigh. Another weird problem. I have inserted my 2 region maps flawlessly. It shows up perfect in Advance Map. My first starting region (Taejo) shows up perfectly in game as well. However, needing to test my second region map in game (Seijo), this is what happens when I move from a Taejo map to a Seijo map:

The top part of Seijo gets glitched up. I also noticed that if I get there through a warp, the Seijo map gets this little glitched block on the top right of the region. Since the map shoes up perfectly in Advance Map does that mean there is only a specific way of transferring between these maps? Like the original way Game Freak did with the Bill event in Cinnabar. Do I have to make a script like that in order to get to the other map?

MissDigitalis
July 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Ok I've got it figured out thanks to help from my pal on here.

To get the borders not to disappear there has to be a black 8x8 square at the upper left hand corner.

Alby4t5
March 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I know this probably counts as necro posting, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I looked through this and tried to follow everyone's directions and help as best as I could. But in the end, this was what I ended up with.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/Alby4t5/Maperror_zps17219bef.png

Could someone please help me out?

Alby4t5
March 19th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Anyone willing to give me some assistance at all?

Alby4t5
March 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Still waiting on some help with this, please.

JoeyBaboey
February 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I must be doing something wrong, whenever I look at the map in Advance Map or in game, this comes up instead of the map I designed. P.S. The big one is in game, the small one is advancemap

Bbr3akd0wn
March 30th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Doesn't work for me.
I can´t find my pointer XX XX XX 08 in my hex editor.
Any help ?