View Full Version : Pokemon reference images(request)

December 28th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Okay,i downloaded Blender3d few weeks ago.
Not to say my artistic skills are great,but i try.
Anyway,somebody got reference images of pokemon?
One side view and one front view(well top view would help too,but its very rare i guess).
Im doing bulbasaur now.But i only have a good image from the side.

December 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
few hours of work,and this is all i could make.Well,im still working on it.

December 29th, 2008, 3:05 PM
Oh look. Another 3d Artist. I wouldnt only model pokemon by using side,front etc. Start modeling using perspective shots. Or just infer. That is how I modeled my pokemon.

December 29th, 2008, 5:44 PM
The best bet you'll get is probably from the game sprites. They can be found with a simple google.com search.
Happy hunting!

December 29th, 2008, 8:24 PM
Yeah,thanks for your comments.Only im not a 3d artist.This is the 1st time i try to create something.

December 31st, 2008, 6:29 AM
Update,i guess.
Anyway,Merry Christmas :)

December 31st, 2008, 8:53 AM
I'm not much into this kind of art, but I think that bulbasaur is pretty good and recognizable. I think it will be cool when it's done.

December 31st, 2008, 9:00 AM
Thanks,i try.
Umm,sorry for a noob question,but does Bulba have some kind of tail?I honestly dont remember.

December 31st, 2008, 9:14 AM
Thanks,i try.
Umm,sorry for a noob question,but does Bulba have some kind of tail?I honestly dont remember.

Actually, I don't think he does. Don't take it from me, I hardly watch the anime. But the last time I saw Ash's bulbasaur, there was just a butt.

January 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Damn,my hd was erased.had to reinstall Windows.I didnt have a backup of the files :(
Guess i have to start over.

January 1st, 2009, 3:06 PM
Awww, too bad that happened, i share your pain bro, other than that, Bulba have this lil tail like those puppies so cute, but, it gets wider as it closes the body hehe. (SOMEWHAT V shaped).

January 3rd, 2009, 5:31 AM
Ok,started over.Now i try to keep it lowpoly.The hardest part is that merging the body parts,cause i make each from a primitive.Already merged the body and the head.Now to merge the hands,feet and the bulb.
Anyway,i think i should make another thread?cause im not requesting pokemon images any more.

January 3rd, 2009, 9:45 AM
Bulbasaur has an even front leg:hind leg ratio. Make the front legs bigger and it has a stubby tail.

January 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
You mean the front legs are as long as the back ones?

Full Metal
February 9th, 2009, 6:51 PM
no the back ones are shorter because that's where his bulb(which is heavy and needs more support) and therefore sit closer to the ground(So is my theory)