PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting

Callandor
December 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I just discovered something....odd. I went to put "Leader of lost souls" as my Custom User Title. And for some reason it bleeped it out. Like a curse word. Some of you might already know this, but I just thought it wierd enough to post about.

Lash
December 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Words like leader for usertitles and such are bleeped out so other users or newer ones won't think the person using the word is a staff member.

Sylphiel
December 29th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that's a vB thing, by default it'll censor out certain words that are put into usertitles - for the reason listed above - unless the settings are changed (which doesn't seem to be the case here).

Just for the curious, a full list of the words that are automatically censored:

admin forum moderator vbulletin leader

Callandor
December 30th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Oh. That makes sence. Thanks for enlightining me.

Stronkadonk
December 30th, 2008, 06:37 AM
It's still possible to bypass, as I do it sometimes.
But not usually, just to have fun skipping around it.
But I think that a User Bar or Name Color would point that out, although Cowrie's Sylphiel's userbar is... invisible?

BeachBoy
December 30th, 2008, 08:37 AM
It's still possible to bypass, as I do it sometimes.
But not usually, just to have fun skipping around it.
But I think that a User Bar or Name Color would point that out, although Cowrie's Sylphiel's userbar is... invisible?Regardless of our badges / other forms of identification (such as certain colors), some people still can't tell the difference. For example, some members that think supporters are staff merely for the color. >_>

I wouldn't go bypassing the ingrained restrictions, either. D: