PDA

View Full Version : Collectables...

Dark Sakurati
December 29th, 2008, 11:32 PM
WARNING! The Thread is Dead, Please do not post. WARNING!

What do you collect? Share with everyone what you used to collect and collect these days.

I used to collect:
-Bottle caps.
-Rocks.
-Ikea Pencils.

I collect:
-Crystals.
-Coins. (Ones with different pictures then the normall ones on them)
-Yu-gi-oh merchandise.
-Pokemon merchandise.
-Bakugan.

Also feel free to post pictures of your collections if you want.

So what do you collect? Share with us now ;)

WARNING! The Thread is Dead, Please do not post. WARNING!

.emerald
December 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I collect something a bit common... TCG (In particular Pokemon.)

Gymnotide
December 30th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Minerals.
Metal scrap.
Souls of the innocent.

Mooshykris
December 30th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I collect:
Pokemon Cards
General Pokemon Merchandise
Post Cards
Coins
Patches
Shirts
Pins
Electronics, especially Vintage Electronics
Hot Wheels Cars
Books
Chess Sets
Various Board Games

I used to collect:
Pogs - My brother ruined my set :P
Fisher Price Flip Track - Collected all except one set made when I was little, basically finished collection. Still have it in my attic :P.
McDonalds "set" toys - Sets Discontinued and/orCollections Completed. Most sets items like these are no longer made.
Glass Bottles - My source of the bottles is gone.
Rocks - Still Collect occasionally, main source no longer exists.
Pennants - Very few places I've been to sell them anymore.

Heh, there are probably more things that I've forgotten.

As you can see...I'm a major collector :P

~Mooshykris

♣Gawain♣
December 30th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I usually collect weird plants and educational books. And pokemon figurines too.

Cassino
December 30th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Video games, most definitely. I have hundreds. :O

Candace
December 30th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Art Deco posters (wether they be the real deal or replicas) such as these ones:

http://www.seriesam.com/p2/rocketeer_91_a.jpg
http://www.internationalposter.com/pimages/USL16717.jpg

As well as Mesoamerican folk art

Working Class Hero
December 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I collect flags. Anything that is from a foreign country. But mainly flags. Some currency. :3~

(I may not have started this collection because of my lack of mullah.) :[

Yamikarasu
December 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I don't really collect anything actively anymore. I have a lot of foreign money, of course I used to collect Pokemon cards when I was younger, and I collected the 50 state quarters, although I don't think I have all of them yet, I'll have to go check.

Chibi-chan
December 30th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I don't collect anything, but my dad collects packs of matches from all the places his naval ships have been. A lot of them are in different languages while some of them have pretty ornate covers and scented matches. It's really neat. One of them when you open it has a WANTED sign for Osama Bin Laden in Arabic.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I used to collect coins, but I got bored. =[

I used to collect Pokemon cards, but they were expensive. =[[

I now collect pins, like ones from Disneyland, Hard Rock Cafes, sport events, etc. It's pretty fun, although I really need a new sash now since my first one just filled up.

Rockéttes
December 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Why, Pocket Monsters, of course. :)

I haven't had a real collection in a very long time now--going on years, I think. I used to have a rock collection, but I'd get bored of the rocks I had and start a new one every time I went to the beach. I think I had the mind to start a coin collection at one point, too, but that idea never really flew.

Apart from those two things, I also collected Lego bricks (if you could even call it a collection). That was a very long time ago, though. I don't even think I have any of it left. :(

Anxiety.
December 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I used to collect rocks from down by the river at the caravan site, but I don't go there often enough anymore, and when I do go down there, I'm down the dell, then down to the springs to swim. Ish lovley ;P Then I come back, dry of properly, and play video games. I don't have time to collect rocks.

I also used to collect TCG, like Pokemon, I stopped when my sister hid all my cards, carried on when I found half of them, then realised I had no more money, and stopped again. I can't find the other half with all my Charizards, and Blastoises, and Venosaurs, and all that jazz.

I collected feathers, I got all the ones I can get in my area, and slightly beyond, all but a swan feather, none of them seem to fall off, and like hell am I gonna jump forward and pull out a lose one, the wonderful animal would rip me in two!

I collected toys out of cereal boxes, random collections. Lost half of them.

I collected so much crap xD

Skymin
December 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
I like collecting in general. If I had the money, I would so buy all the Zelda crap I can. And if I see a Nightwish CD, even though I have downloaded all their stuff, I would buy. If I had the money.

storm393
January 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
i used to collect pokemon cards when i was younger (now there sitting in the basement somewhere) ....

Razer302
January 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I used to collect Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

I currently collect postcards of any place I visit and games.

Guillermo
January 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I don't collect anything... but I used to collect awesome looking rocks and beer bottle caps. Oh... and I used to collect Ikea pencils too.

Yeah.

Sora_8920
January 7th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I don't collect anything... but I used to collect awesome looking rocks and beer bottle caps.

Yeah.

Same here. I've never collected anything..except money. ._.

TwilightBlade
January 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Coins: Especially quarters of different states and I have 44/50. So close..
Pokemon cards: I have every card from the Base/Jungle/Fossil/Team Rocket set but I stopped when Johto rolled out.
Stuffed animals: I have a LOT and they're either from the Beanie Baby collection or just random ones.
Pencils: I save the fancy ones and never sharpen/use them.
Jewelry: I always love buying new jewelry and I have 4 boxes of them.
Flowers: I used to grow a lot of flowers until I became too busy and they all died... >w<;;
Homework: Oh dear, I think I've saved everything since Kindergarten.. XD

Icy42
January 7th, 2009, 05:13 PM
What do you collect? Share with everyone what you used to collect and collect these days.

I used to collect:
-Bottle caps
-Rocks

I collect:
-Crystals
-Coins (Ones with different pictures then the normall ones on them)

So what do you collect? Share with us now ;)

Minerals.
Metal scrap.
Souls of the innocent.
OMG! I collect crystals/minerals too!
In other news, I also collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Sorano
January 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I collect marbles. :| I am very proud of my collection, although a lot of them were passed down to me from my daddio. Marbles ftw. They are all colourful and trippy-looking. ♥

I was obviously a hardcore Pokemon card collector back in the day as well. :'D

Melody
January 8th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I don't usually collect things. I'm too impatient. If I collect something I want to be able to buy the WHOLE set right then and there. If I cant I'll just grab my favorite one out of the set and leave it at that.

An-chan
January 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I collect stuff I find and like xD No, seriously, I've collected a lot of different things in my life, Pokémon cards for example, and anything that's shiny. I also collected rocks at one point, resulting in the five-kilo collection of normal rocks I still have in a box somewhere. I also collect different manga series and book series, all sorts of notebooks, Pokémon figurines... As I said, I collect anything I find and like ^-^ That's also the reason my room is so cramped.

Michii
January 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I used to collect marbles. I have a jar of them on my bookshelf. I also used to collect rocks, and lolably, they're still in the now forty pound bag that I put them in when I was at the beach. Hopefully this doesn't sound weird, but I used to collect mass amounts of pennies. I have over 12,000 of them at this point somewhere in mine or my relatives' house(s). I was broke awhile ago, so I dumped a 'small' pile of them and had Grandpa cash them. The total was $25.00. :33

msdmario
January 8th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I use to collect both at least three kinds of TCG back in the day like Pokemon and Yu-gi-Oh. I stopped since it was expensive and nobody around me played TCG anymore the older I got. Even after retiring from playing Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon TCG, I still did collect the cards for about a year until enough is enough.

As of currently, I don't collect anything. What I really want to collect is video games. I guess I got interested in this when I saw Syd Bolton's collection (http://www.sydbolton.com/videogames.asp). The major roadblock for doing this is it would cost a lot more money than simply collecting cards unless I stick with an older system like the SNES. Plus, I need to wait until I have a decent paying job before I even begin to consider to start collecting them since I need to save my money on other important things.

Aizuke
January 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I did collect anime DVD's and manga's, but since I've had to spend money on more "important" things I've stopped for a while.

Oh I also collected Final Fantasy figures. XD

Harley Quinn
January 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hotel memorabilia.

Whenever I got to a hotel, I always steal their soap, shampoo, towels and even their plants.

Especially the plants.

Dark Sakurati
January 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I don't collect anything... but I used to collect awesome looking rocks and beer bottle caps. Oh... and I used to collect Ikea pencils too.

Yeah.
Omg! I used to collect Ikea Pencils too! XD

Caelus
January 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I collect, or I used to collect, coins.
I started this whole collection thing a couple of years ago (2002) and have been collecting them since then.

About two weeks ago I got a hold of the last coin, Hawaii, and ended my coin hunt after that.

Aside from that I also collect Mario-related merchandise and some others.

True Reign
January 17th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I used to collect rocks when I was five or six. I remember finding a medium sized rock with small crystalines in it. My friend and I broke it in half. I have it ever since.

I now collect sports pennants. That reminds me... My dad still has buy me a Phillies pennant for their World Series victory.

Dukey
January 17th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Hotel memorabilia.

Whenever I got to a hotel, I always steal their soap, shampoo, towels and even their plants.

Especially the plants.

Haha. I do that.
But I don't really collect anything.
I suppose I collect money. But it gets spent, so it's not really the traditional way of collecting xD

s0nido
January 17th, 2009, 11:15 PM
MONEY!!! I collect money, and its a very old money collection, as I inherited it from my dad. I think its worth quite a lot now.

matt561
January 18th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I collect tractors....Real ones aswell as miniature (9 real and about 30 on a 1/32 scale)
Also i collect war memrobelia,stamps,car badges but also Oddworld things and well anything that takes my fancy

I have way to much stuff

The Post Count
January 18th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I used to collect feathers but gave up after not being able to get alot of them ;_;

the bitter end.
January 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I collect:
Random CCGs xD
Pretty Rocks (Well, i know what they each are, but I won't bother to list them here.)
Pokemon Plushies (Collection just started, I've got a large Croagunk, Togepi, and Raichu and a normal sized Raikou, Torchic, Espeon, and Bulbasaur.)

Pretty random stuff xD