PDA

View Full Version : How do you welcome 2009?

.emerald
December 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Like the title suggests: How do you welcome 2009?

>Feelings<
December 30th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Others for me.

I like to quietly sit around till 12:30 AM in the night and say to myself, "Well, here's a new year. I hope this one's good...". After that I look at the sky for a while and go back to my room to sleep.

Fenrir Reki
December 30th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I would say to myself and others, Happy New Years! Then go back to whatever I was previously doing.

SethCullen
December 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
PARTY HARDY.

:D.
I love me some party.

Stronkadonk
December 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I just think it as another year blown by.
Goodbye, minorly uncivilized world, hello NUCLEAR WAR.
lol
I'm gonna watch the Twilight Zone tomorrow and stay up all night.

Michii
December 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I stay with family for New Years. I don't desire to be out with my friends really late, have the dangerous possibility of being killed in a car accident by the higher amount of drunk drivers, and then having to go to school a couple days later all tired and groggy.

So New Years is with my mom and step dad mostly. Before he came along, it was at home with my grandparents too. We would watch the ball drop and then I'd go across the street to my friend's for the setting off of illegal fireworks :333. Now that we've moved, Grandma and Grandpa don't spend the first minutes of the new year with me. ;;

This year, it's at home with my aunt, uncle, and cousin coming. It'll be fun. ^^'

Lash
December 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Other. I plan on drinkin' with a couple friends, unless we find a party to go to.

Forever
December 30th, 2008, 09:27 PM
The title should be "How will you welcome 2009?" since we haven't welcomed it before.

I shall sit outside with the family while sneaking on here.

Candace
December 30th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Get drunk and party =D woohoo

.emerald
December 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The title should be "How will you welcome 2009?" since we haven't welcomed it before.

I shall sit outside with the family while sneaking on here.

Typo.

EDIT: How willyou welcome 2009?

Thanks Forever for spotting that!

King Goodra
December 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I'm going to welcome 2009 with open arms. I'm hoping '09 will be a better year for me.

ErickaVolt
December 30th, 2008, 09:50 PM
The annoying fireworks. I am wearing polka dots so that my year will be lucky, as what my friends says.

Tokin
December 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I was supposed to spend it at one big family meeting but as it turns out everyone decided to go to their homes, so it'll be just me, my brother and my parents eating nothing fancy here at home^^

Snivi
December 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I like to hang out with my son and tell bad jokes that make him giggle....like

"I cannot believe you have not eaten since last year"

XD

~Kavin~
December 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I'm hoping my cousin can get his hands on some alcohol because I'm broke. I'll make a toast to the new year and feel good doing it! :D

True Reign
December 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM
New Year's Eve, my mom and I have a tradition of going somewhere to eat (my dad doesn't come as he usually has to work). My sister will come along too this year.

I believe we are ordering buffalo wings, pizza, soda, and a few bags of popcorn.

processr
December 30th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I stay with family for New Years. I don't desire to be out with my friends really late, have the dangerous possibility of being killed in a car accident by the higher amount of drunk drivers, and then having to go to school a couple days later all tired and groggy.

This.

I'll be at my grandmother's house this evening as my mother and stepfather are going out for the night. It's not strictly necessary given my and my brother's ages (16 and 14 respectively), but we've gone over there every year for at least eight years now, with perhaps one or two exceptions when I've been at my dad's house instead. However, my grandmother likes the company and we don't at all mind being over there, so we're glad to go. ^_^

Caelus
December 30th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I will probably just stay home and watch the news until the clock hits 12, then wait another hour for my time zone to reach 12 and go to sleep soon after.
Aside from that I won't really welcome it in any other way.

Went
December 31st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Eating 12 grapes during the last 36 seconds of the year. Yay for traditions XD

Dusclord
December 31st, 2008, 03:33 AM
With my Gamecube or maybe on my computer... else I'll watch the Simpsons with my brothers and sisters http://www.jeuxvideo.com/smileys/18.gif

1stGenNut
December 31st, 2008, 03:36 AM
Stay at home really with family. Might take a last photo before 2008 ends, and one after it is has just become 2009. Pull a few crackers, and then that's it I guess!

Then later on that day, we'll probably have liked a Sunday meal - roast potatoes, stuffing, yorkshire puds, veggies etc

♣Gawain♣
December 31st, 2008, 04:41 AM
With a bang!!! I like the firework display here and it's so great.

Signomi
December 31st, 2008, 04:53 AM
I would just wait out the time until midnight with my family, as I've done every year so far.

Gold warehouse
December 31st, 2008, 06:15 AM
I go to a car show during the day and then in the evening drink beer and watch Al Murray until I fall asleep.

Azonic
December 31st, 2008, 06:27 AM
I would just wait out the time until midnight with my family, as I've done every year so far.
^

We just turn on the TV and watch the big shiny ball of New Years Day go up... or down. I forgot which way. xD

diegoisawesome
December 31st, 2008, 06:40 AM
Sadly, I'm going to welcome 2009 by watching my favorite Viacom channels go out of existence from my Time Warner Cable TV.

Jubilation
December 31st, 2008, 07:16 AM
Drink my way through the night!

CartoonJunkie
December 31st, 2008, 08:13 AM
My family always does a nice dinner and then we just wait around until midnight to bang pots and pans. I'm always up later than midnight anyway so it isn't so hard to stay up.

After midnight my sisters and I do stupid stuff so we can claim that we were the first to do it in the new year. (Eg. first one to smack someone else on the butt in the new year)

Shining Platinum
December 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM
Um, this is a tradition i do, not my family: i stay up the whole the whole night without sleep, it's fun!

i'm a bubble. pop me.
December 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Here I am, welcoming new year in 15 minutes^^ *realizes sth* Oh, man I better message my friends and wish them everything the best *goes get her phone*

What can you do, PC is just so addictive^^ Happy new year people!

Harley Quinn
December 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
By having a few beers, then letting off fireworks and then counting down from 60 to 09.

Vernikova
December 31st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I go to Times Square so I can be loud and hear all of the fireworks. Actually, I need to leave pretty soon.

Mitchman
December 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM
I welcomed it an hour ago. How? Laughing at my granny screaming about nazis and hidin our jewish friends and acting all frantic. And scared cause these ilegal firework users launched a couple onto my balcony and they didnt break a glass. But 3 orb4 cars got hit. Hilarious stuff i tell yeh!

Thomas
December 31st, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm going out to a friends house in the suburbs and their having a big party with food and fireworks.

Koji123456789
December 31st, 2008, 04:56 PM
I sometimes do fireworks, usually I don't. >.< But I do eat dinner downstairs with blankets and nachos and watch a movie!

processr
December 31st, 2008, 04:57 PM
I poured my heart out and was overjoyed with the response. :D

Camisado
December 31st, 2008, 04:58 PM
I poured my heart out and was overjoyed with the response. :D
...oh damn, you beat me to it xD

Guillermo
December 31st, 2008, 05:31 PM
We usually sit, watch tv, drink stuff, eat food and watch the fireworks over in Sydney, but this year we had a party. There were like... 500 dishes that I had to was on my own, it took forever.

kingofjokers
December 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM
with loud and annoying colorful fireworks down by the lake downtown its soo beautiful

Memory
December 31st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Sleeping?
I've stayed up past midnight every night this week... I'll crash by 10 tonight.

Dixie Kong
December 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
I'll welcome it by talking to my pair on the phone. I win.

Jasonpower
December 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM
I would stay up to 12:00 AM today and then party.

Dukey
December 31st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Every year I watch the New Years Eve Sydney Harbour Bridge Fireworks.
They are brilliant, so much effort goes into them, that they have started planiing 2010's fireworks already. They are so huge and pretty.
So yeah. That's how I spend it, watching the Fireworks =D

Angela
December 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I waited for midnight then I went out with my fireworks and started annoying the neighbors, lol (They were out there to blowing up things), I would have blown up more fireworks but I was out of matches, so I have a lot of unused fireworks that I'll blow up over the next days.

Metatron
December 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Normally the pattern would be for me to get together with some friends, go hit up some random party at someone I've never even met before's house, get really, really hammered, do something stupid that I usually would regret by the morning, go home, go to bed, and wake up with a massive hangover the next morning :'D

This year's a bit different, though. My parents, erm...kicked me out to go live with my relatives down in FL, and since I know absolutely none of the people here, this year will be spent watching the ball drop on TV with my elderly grandparents. Oh, joy!

...Life sucks T_T

TwilightBlade
December 31st, 2008, 09:27 PM
I celebrate with my family in my living room.. And watch the fireworks on TV. We eat a lot of snacks and go yayyyy. I was supposed to toast, but I didn't. 8D;

I used to shoot off fireworks in my front yard, or go downtown to see them closeup, but I grew out of it.

Master Electrician
December 31st, 2008, 09:35 PM
The bigger the boom, the better for me. That, and screaming "**** you" to the world, I've done it the past couple years as my last word of the year, and I'll continue to. It's that, and spend time with the woman I love.

Mooshykris
December 31st, 2008, 11:11 PM
We sit home and eat snacks and watch the Times Square celebration :P

Also, every year we rent a movie.

This year was no different, except the fact that instead of going to a video store, we used On Demand :P

~Mooshykris

Cassino
January 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I do nothing, although I feel I should.

Razer302
January 3rd, 2009, 03:47 AM
I had a change this year than the same old going round my nans house with the rest of the family. I was so glad I didn't have to do that as I hate it. It always feels uncomfortable so this year I went to a friends house where we stayed playing call of duty till midnight, then we watched the fireworks on TV before going into town till 6am. Was a great night but very tiring.

Adventure
January 3rd, 2009, 04:22 AM
What Claire Bennet and SethCullen said XD

I want to spend a new years eve with friends, lots of people and lots of happiness. I got to do just that~ AND with my family. 2009 totally started out in the best of ways~

Josephine
January 3rd, 2009, 06:23 AM
I spent mine passed out, you'd have to ask someone else what happened that night. xD

cieux
January 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
i spent it alone at home with a seriously annoying cough. fun.

ah, typical me.

Gummy
January 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
My family goes to church every New Years Eve, which I hate because no New Yorker should ever miss the balldrop. Then when we get home, which is always after midnight, and drink what we can find, even if it contains alcohol. Getting drunk is even better when you do it with mom and dad.

s0nido
January 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I downloaded a new song! I wanted to see if there was an artist that could catch my attention like Lady GaGa did. I was disappointed...
It just goes to show Lady GaGa is the best singer ever! (Until some other one-hit wonder comes along...)

Sora_8920
January 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I spent mine mainly around watching TV because IIRC comp was messed up. ;.;

Gulpin
January 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Nothing, really. Sitting at home, half asleep, watching the ball drop is good enough for me. XD