PDA

View Full Version : How would Wally train his Ralts if it only knew Growl?

thatrabidfangirl
January 1st, 2009, 01:27 AM
When he catches his Ralts, it's a level 3, right? Something like that. Anyway, I remember, I went out and stumbled across a Ralts of that level (I remember thinking what a coincidence it was) and all it knew was Growl. So how does Wally train his Ralts if it only knows Growl?? I know some people will say, "It's a game, who cares", but I think it's a bit of game flaw. Suggestions on how he could have done it, anyone?

Akeraz
January 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
Two rare candies to level 6 when it learns confusion, then manual training from there.
And it's level 4, not level 3

Swift!
January 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM
Two rare candies to level 6 when it learns confusion, then manual training from there.

There is your answer...

/thread

Dusclord
January 1st, 2009, 02:52 AM
... struggle, struggle,struggle - potion - struggle, struggle... °.°

Ninja Caterpie
January 1st, 2009, 03:48 AM
"Uncle, can I have a Rare Candy? My Ralts can't attack..."

"Sure thing, nephew!"

Answered much?

Oh, and it's level 5. At least in Emerald...

Azonic
January 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Or he could have caught another Pokemon with a PokeBall at full HP. >_>

Eon-Rider
January 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM

Damn, I was going to say that. =\

Or he traded his Ralts to some random trainer, caught another Pokemon then traded back. I fail.

♣Gawain♣
January 1st, 2009, 07:31 AM
Growl 40x and Struggle. Using Ralt's big head as a weapon, it headbutts Zigzaggons in no time!

THIRTY-SIX
January 1st, 2009, 07:34 AM
He gave it a TM straight away.

♣Gawain♣
January 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM
He gave it a TM straight away.

That makes no sense. There is no TM Confusion.

Azonic
January 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
That makes no sense. There is no TM Confusion.
It doesn't have to be be Confusion...?

♣Gawain♣
January 1st, 2009, 08:01 AM
But in the game, Ralts used Confusion, Growl and Double Team, and you can't change that. It's default. Maybe in real life, it's true.

DarknessSneasel
January 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM

One prob when you fight him uotside the third gym he has a level 16-20 ralts or he could of put the other pok'emon in the Computer or mabye he used Hackz to amke growl as powerful as Hyperbeam

Eon-Rider
January 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
He could've released the other Pokemon by accident. =P

I do believe Wally is a cheater though because he withdraws the Zigzagoon before throwing his Pokeball if I remember correctly.

Azonic
January 1st, 2009, 08:22 AM
I didn't think he knew better at that time. xDBut in the game, Ralts used Confusion, Growl and Double Team, and you can't change that. It's default. Maybe in real life, it's true.And how are you to prove that he never learned a move and forgot it before a battle? How are you to prove that he doesn't have an extra move in its fourth slot but didn't use it in the battle? All possibilities.One prob when you fight him uotside the third gym he has a level 16-20 ralts or he could of put the other pok'emon in the Computer or mabye he used Hackz to amke growl as powerful as HyperbeamYeeaaah... I can't read that.

Roy G. Biv
January 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
Maybe in real life, it's true.
LOL real life

The starter of this thread has a genuine and interesting point, though. I've never actually thought of that.

Joey the Cockroach
January 1st, 2009, 10:28 AM
I would have said that he caught another pokémon at full HP.

Mentioning the TM, he could have used TM 29: Psychic.

Gulpin
January 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
He could have used TMs or Rare Candys, or even struggle.

Kaori
January 1st, 2009, 10:44 AM
He could've asked to keep the Zigzagoon ur dad in the game gave to him to catch a pokemon!

Sublime
January 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe Wally is the Pokemon Master.
Maybe Wally could use attacks that his Pokemon havn't learned yet.
Maybe Wally is Ash Ketchum.

Or he could've trained Ralts the way you train a Magikarp.

True Reign
January 1st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Maybe he caught that damn Skitty who eventually evolved into the Delcatty. Damn Sing...

Or maybe he just used a rare candy.

Zero Avenged
January 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Have you guys looked at ralts head? Just throw him at any pokemon and there you go instant KO!! But the magikarp theory works also.

Gyroh
January 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
His Ralts was special. It knew Tackle as well.

..::Michi::..
January 1st, 2009, 12:07 PM
I have always wondered that. He might have actually had a TM, if he had the funds to purchase it; or was just lucky enough to encounter one

groudonlover
January 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
TMs?
He seems to be a friend to Norman, or maybe his parents had a TM that they didn't use.
Or, since he(and everyone else in those games) is Japanese, he could have bought an AR xDhttp://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4929/awkwardstaringxv9.jpg

Join The DragonForce Fanclub! Or I will kill you with my recording of Through the Fire and Flames and smash you with one of Metallica's guitars right in the center to make you a Guitar Zero... (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163060)
(http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163060)

Artemis
January 1st, 2009, 12:54 PM
When he catches his Ralts, it's a level 3, right? Something like that. Anyway, I remember, I went out and stumbled across a Ralts of that level (I remember thinking what a coincidence it was) and all it knew was Growl. So how does Wally train his Ralts if it only knows Growl?? I know some people will say, "It's a game, who cares", but I think it's a bit of game flaw. Suggestions on how he could have done it, anyone?

Honestly he could have just caught another pokemon weaken its stats with growl catch it and then do the usual training by switching in and out...

Gelly
January 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
HAHAHA XD

IRDK, maybe i just used an intemfinder and found some rare candies xD

RaikaCastillo
January 1st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Actually it was a very rare Level 5 Ralts (someone has probably already said this). Heck I was actually surprised the game designers didn't give him a SHINY Ralts.

Anyway as for how the hell he trained it...it only need one more level before it learned confusion. But in order to level the Ralts up, here are some theories that I've devised.

1. Wally along with one of his family members (uncle, aunt, cousin) did double battles with him.
2. Rare Candy
3. Growled the opponent to death until his Ralts reorted to Struggle. Add some Healing items (Any kind of Potion, Drinks, Berries) and there you have it.

I believe that the first one (the one involving the Doubled Battle is the most likely explanation because when yhou talk to Wanda (Wally's cousin) after getting the Balance Badge, she seems to be the only one in the household who doesn't seem particularly concerned that Wally went off on his own. She also says the following: "Don't worry about Wally. He'll be just fine. I know my little cousin, and he has Pokémon with him, too."

Notice that she said that "he has Pokémon" and not that "he has a Pokemon" with him. That means that she knew for sure that he had more than one Pokémon with him. Either that or that line was dubbed poorly, which I don't think is the case. So I have a feeling that Wanda helped Wally out quite a bit in the early part of his training career.

Rux
January 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
He used his lame Ralts with Growl as bait for a better one. (Obv)

Red1530
January 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
I think he brought it to a day care to allow Ralts to grow to Level six.

Ninja Caterpie
January 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Suddenly, all out stuff seems useless when we see this:I think he brought it to a day care to allow Ralts to grow to Level six.It's either that or the Rare Candy theory OR he used the Zigzagoon he got from Norman to train it up some.

Zero Avenged
January 1st, 2009, 04:59 PM
I still say it's because of that weird horn on his head.
or maybe it has to do with the air in Vendanturf town.....

DDD'SSCEPTILE
January 1st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Day Care because Verdanturf is right by the Day Care.

Here's what happened:

Wally went home. On the way there he put his new Ralts in the Day Care.

*Eye of the Tiger*

He runs back and forth, training and strengthening his "weakened" body to good health, while his Ralts gains levels in the Day Care, until the point he meets you in Mauville, where he's clueless. This would also explain why he only has Ralts still and no other Pokemon.

Xebelleon
January 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
He runs back and forth, training and strengthening his "weakened" body to good health, while his Ralts gains levels in the Day Care, until the point he meets you in Mauville, where he's clueless. This would also explain why he only has Ralts still and no other Pokemon.

If what you're saying is true...

Then sick ol' Wally's trips to the bathroom could have upped the level of Ralts.

Ralts on levelling: "Aw, crap! Not again..."

**I only wish it was that easy**

Hamako-chan
January 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
well..... i think he should train it with lots of RARE CANDIES or... he can use Exp. Share on it.

Dan :3
January 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
Alas, it is so simple! EXP Share! Gave it to Ralts and wally fought off the Pokemon himself!

Wally Rambo at your service.

Zero Avenged
January 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
the whole eye of the tiger daycare scenario makes sense. It explains Wally's lack of battling skill!

Dan :3
January 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
the whole eye of the tiger daycare scenario makes sense. It explains Wally's lack of battling skill!

Yeah it does make sense. Maybe it was one of those triggered level ups from Ralts losing so much, but wanting to impress Wally?

thatrabidfangirl
January 1st, 2009, 08:56 PM
Woah... I didn't realise so many people were bugged by it too! Stupid Wally...
Anyway, the Day Care thing is probably the closest to we'll ever get to knowing the truth. I mean, honestly. Where is some sickly little kid going to get a bunch of Rare Candies?
"Oh, uncle, may I please have some Rare Candies?"
"Do you know how much they COST? And you're already freeloading off me. Go find some invisible ones, you little twerp."

Eon-Rider
January 1st, 2009, 09:00 PM
You can't allow the Daycare Couple to take care of your Pokemon when you only have one Pokemon though. >_>"

Tinhead Bruce
January 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM
He is above the law!!! Hah, but maybe he "borrowed" that zigzagoon from Norman again and then used the above mentioned tactics.

thatrabidfangirl
January 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM
You can't allow the Daycare Couple to take care of your Pokemon when you only have one Pokemon though. >_>"
Good point... but when would he get the Zigzagoon? He gives it back, then two seconds later he's off to Verandurf without a care in the world.

NeoZX
January 1st, 2009, 11:32 PM
Good point... but when would he get the Zigzagoon? He gives it back, then two seconds later he's off to Verandurf without a care in the world.
He probably asked his uncle for a pokeball then caught a roselia, he got lucky and he used that pokemon switching trick to train it's Ralts.
After that, he went to the game corner and played there, until he won the TM Psychic after he won his Dynamo Badge.

.emerald
January 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
It used its green mushroom head to dent anything in its path...

Simple as that.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/e/e0/PinRS280.gif
25 base attack can dent a Zigzagoon.

DarknessSneasel
January 2nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
mabye he battled the magikarp guy outside rustburo and struggled them to deat or he could of beat the confusion out of ralts.

lilninjapig
January 2nd, 2009, 04:08 AM

That rule probably only applies to the hero/heroine of the game, as without any Pokemon, we can't progress in the game any more. I don't see why the Day Care wouldn't let a NPC leave his one Pokemon there.

Yaziyo
January 2nd, 2009, 05:27 AM
That rule probably only applies to the hero/heroine of the game, as without any Pokemon, we can't progress in the game any more. I don't see why the Day Care wouldn't let a NPC leave his one Pokemon there.
The same reason that the Ralts couldn't just slap any opponents in the face. You're right though :P

Isn't the real answer obvious though?

Wally took a boat down to Kanto, went down to Bill's house and borrowed one of his Pokemon suits. Then Wally proceded to enter a battle with Ralts. In this battle, wally smashed his head against the ground until he fainted, thereby making Ralts the winner and giving him XP.

OR

Ralts growled at a wild geodude until it's attack was so low that when it used self-destruct it did no damage :laugh:

Zero Avenged
January 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
It used its green mushroom head to dent anything in its path...

Simple as that.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/e/e0/PinRS280.gif
25 base attack can dent a Zigzagoon.

I TOLD YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!
and the normal rules don't apply to NPC. Besides he lives an entire 15 steps away and probably wasn't going anywhere.

Mr. Epic
January 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Join The DragonForce Fanclub! Or I will kill you with my recording of Through the Fire and Flames and smash you with one of Metallica's guitars right in the center to make you a Guitar Zero... (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163060)
(http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163060)
Why the HELL are you advertising here for!
It doesn't even matter how he trained it, it could be all the reasons above and Nintendo did not really care so...
this thread seems pretty useless to me and that stupid posts are being made I think this should be locked!
:furretlock:

Zero Avenged
January 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Why the HELL are you advertising here for!
It doesn't even matter how he trained it, it could be all the reasons above and Nintendo did not really care so...
this thread seems pretty useless to me and that stupid posts are being made I think this should be locked!
:furretlock:
lol looks like someone is having a bad day. not everything has to be serious ^_^

Mr. Epic
January 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
No I am not having a bad day, actually a good one, serious you say then I will change my Nature to serious!

ThePachCode
January 2nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Actually its at LV. 5
n I don't remember him giving Norman back the Zigzagoon.
But the rare candy thing is very possible
though its unfair for the rest that are rare candy drunk
MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
for the fact that you get them a little late in the game if you don't know what you're doing

awsomedude30
January 2nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
The answer is obvious!
He cheated!
jk
like everyone else said he probably just used rare candies or struggled

Akeraz
January 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
I have a new suggestion. Maybe Wally's Ralts is a keen screamo/grindcore fan, and his growl is infact a Death growl. That would make alot of sense.

Idiot!
January 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
I think he puts it in the Daycare

Pingouin_7
January 3rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Lmao??? Ç_Ç

Wally goes lives near the Day Care, in Verdandurf Town.

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Yes, I think that is it. Or his family had a Thief TM and let him have it because that is how I train my Ralts.

agurcsik
January 3rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Couldn't he just use Rare Candies? Or he could be using... HAXXORS!!! :shocked:

T!M
January 3rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
What I did in Blue Version was-- this is just an example by the way-- an off beat explanation-- in essence-- it's a game and the devoloper can do whatever the frick he wants-- anyways. What I did with my Magikarp in Blue Version was put him in the front then switch him out with another Poke'mon so Magikarp would get halve the exp. This could have very well been what Wally had done. Or maybe he got an EXP Share?

agurcsik
January 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
He only had one PKMN after he caught Ralts, he couldn't catch any others unless he had used TM's and had Great Balls, so that can't be the solution.

Zero Avenged
January 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe the death growl thing makes sense. Wally does seem like a screamo fan!

Leeky
January 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
You realize that alot of things in pokemon don't ACTUALLY make any sense at all, right?

Izy
January 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Well, TMs always work. Or he could somehow miraculously catch another pokemon and train it by switching it out.

Final Fantasy
January 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
It was slavery.

Probably TM's and catching at full health.

Haza
January 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
I trained mine by switching it in for experience and taking it out before it is murdered.

LightBender
January 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
His parents had HM03, Surf, so they had to have had much more TM's lol, just a guess :P

Ninja Paladin
January 9th, 2009, 03:19 AM
It's possible his Ralts is a breed result that happened in the wild or something. I'm pretty sure his knows tackle or something similar at a lower level, please it's easy to catch more pokemon there or at his aunts without attacking them and just using a normal pokeball (go button hammering).

SethAragorn
January 9th, 2009, 03:50 AM
OK so i checked wally up in this hack tool (where you can change his pokemon and items he has with him)
The First one he only had ralts with growl..
Secound time he already had gardevoir with double team ,calm mind,psycic and
Fute sight.
But somehow there isnt any wally you fight in front of that gym...
Weird.

Elekid Kid
January 9th, 2009, 04:29 AM
daycare maybe, he DID give dad the zigzazoon back because i just started a new game and checked, he is too poor to have TMs, and he would have been killed before he could have struggled. so...yeah. and outside mauville gym he says "uncle let me fight this gym" its a good thing the hero kills him before wattson does. poor guy, his family probably beat him and thats why he is sick.

Tashiro
January 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
His ralts fought another level 5 ralts.
They growled each other to death.
Wally's ralts used struggle and won.
Ralts struggled through more battles.
Ralts grew to level 6.

That's my guess. Maybe he used rare candy, though.

thatrabidfangirl
January 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
May I just remind you lot, you need to have more than one Pokemon to use the Day Care. But this is a very entertaining thread, and I'm glad I started it.
Maybe Wally's Ralts is a keen screamo/grindcore fan, and his growl is infact a Death growl.
<3

Ex Trainer Ruiisu
January 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
1) I just started my sapphire over, and it does appear at level 5
2) Wally moved to verdanturf town, which is right next to Route 117, where you can find roselia, he caught roselia and did the whole switch method to level up his Ralts to get confusion.

This is what i thinks anyways, though this doesn't explain why he didn't use roselia in that first maulville battle, he couldve put roselia in the daycare center. Oh and Wallys ralts had these moves when you first battle him
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport

I do however like alot of your ideas

joshadoodle
January 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe he used AR lol. He could of teamed up with his uncle or someone until it leveled and learned confusion. Or he could of used rare candy, witch is what i would of one.

Zero Avenged
January 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM
hmmm that house where you have double battle is near vendanturf. Maybe he joined them and then he leveled up his ralts?

thatrabidfangirl
January 11th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Ooh, the double battle one is a new idea. But how could you have a three-way double battle? *tinkly alternate reality music*
"Snr and Jnr - oh, and some kid we found wandering around with a Ralts - Amy and Meg would like to battle!"
If it is Amy and Meg.

Akeraz
January 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM
How about this?

Nintendo, are kind, loving people, and decided to give wally's ralts 11 levels for christmas.

*~Frost Umbreon~*
January 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I think Wally h4x0rd his way, or he had Rare Candies. Maybe he stole Norman's Zigzagoon...

+Poochyena+
January 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I know!!! He moves to Verdanturf, right? Well there are Roselia on the route next to it. So Wally probably caught the Roselia to help him train it and Ralts. I know this because in Victory Road, he uses a Roselia.

AuraAshley
January 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM

/points to quote on top thats how

RaikaCastillo
January 12th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Actually, it's level 5. You can go check if you don't believe me.

thatrabidfangirl
January 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Hold on, hold on. Is it a level 4 or 5? I think it might be a 5 in Em, and a 4 in Ru and Sa (can't be bothered spelling out the whole word). So, I think that we need to get a basic point. I'm going to look Wally up, and we're going to go on whatever the Ru/Sa one is.
And it doesn't tell you. Fantastic. *clicks link to page about Ralts*
Ok, turns out that it doesn't tell you. Anyone feel like bothering to select 'New Game' on Ru/Sa and play until our pal Wally shows up and catches said Ralts? I know I can't. My DS is upstairs. But whatever the Ru/Sa Ralts' level is, we're going by it.
(And I realise that this is a semi-pointless post now, but it'll stop general argument later, and make things... more coodernated.)

bobandbill
January 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM
He could have merely used Struggle until it won the battle, went and healed, and repeated.

Or as also metnioned before - Rare Candy/s until it learnt the move.

And, ignoring the fact that wild Pokemon don't have these - he could have found one with Egg Moves as well, or just the general level up moves. Heck, if you can breed Pokemon with Egg moves, than some wild Pokemon can also end up with those as well.

TMs are another option... he could have also have teamed up with someone to do a double battle, and get the experiance that way - Ralts feebly growling away while the other Pokemon did all the work.

I however like the idea that he himself attacked the Pokemon, swinging the poor Ralts around and bashing defenseless Pokemon with its big head so it gained the experiance. Screw game mechanics - Ralts can learn Headbutt now! (Wally so needs to be a move tutor in that case then).

Yay for speculating on something while ignoring the simple fact that it's a game and it doesn't really matter. :D Credit to Wally though to surpass the fail that is Brendan/May - your Rivals - in the game though - has a far superior team, and he started out with a Pokemon without an attacking move.

evilishan
January 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
He used a good old PokeWhip to train his wally to level 6 and then he spammed confusion for the rest.

Pokemonpro
January 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Maybe my answer is its unknown cause where will he get the rar cand's and i think ralts is lv5

Andorale
January 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
He called a military dude and went to boot camp and was forced to slap other Ralts.

The Post Count
January 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM
He made ralts battle a tyranitar and then used a sensu bean XD Nah XD the most logical one would be that ralts just learned it as in the anime ash's bulbasaur learns Dig

Zixtrent
January 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Or: The wild pkmn fainted from excessive laughter of looking at ralts' puny self, so ralts got the free Exp. while Wally cried in shame. =D

Honest
January 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Who knows. Maybe His Ralts was really ugly, and the oppenent fainted. XD, im kiddin
Who knows? Mysterious things games.

EmpoleMew
January 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I know!!! He moves to Verdanturf, right? Well there are Roselia on the route next to it. So Wally probably caught the Roselia to help him train it and Ralts. I know this because in Victory Road, he uses a Roselia.

But if his Ralts only knew Growl, how would he catch the Roselia? Unless he had a lot of Pokeballs, maybe even Great Balls.

Rare Candy.

jasonresno
January 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
game=/=anime

I think that about says it?

MudMast
January 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Not really, sure, maybe luck of no battles 'till his uncle caught him a Pokémon?

A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?
Over Ocean: Don't think so.
Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.
Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?

Tashiro
January 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Not really, sure, maybe luck of no battles 'till his uncle caught him a Pokémon?

A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?
Over Ocean: Don't think so.
Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.
Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?
Easy answer to both.

Ralts knows fly.

moments.
January 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM
You realise that people in Pokemon games can drive cars and stuff you just never see them as it would ruin the game if they can drive and you can't.

Wally trains his Ralts with hacks

thatrabidfangirl
January 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?Over Ocean: Don't think so.Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?Woah... well, maybe he just drove there on the freeway we never ever see, or caught a plane from the airport we never ever see, or got a helicopter from the helipad we never ever see etc etc.Or: The wild pkmn fainted from excessive laughter of looking at ralts' puny self, so ralts got the free Exp. while Wally cried in shame. =DAmen to THAT. A Magikarp could beat Ralts in an armwrestle. And it doesn't even have arms!

Editman
January 21st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Well He could have gave it a Tm/HM.

Ninja Caterpie
January 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
A Magikarp could beat Ralts in an armwrestle. And it doesn't even have arms!
>:[ A Magikarp can beat a Salamence in a Flail-off. I've done it. Well, it needs a Smeargle to pass Belly Drum, but that don't matter. 8D

This thread is answered, people. He just left it at the daycare, as his Uncle is pro. 8D

thatrabidfangirl
January 21st, 2009, 10:37 PM
I complimented the Magikarp kind!! ...sorta. ^^"This thread is answered, people. He just left it at the daycare...He can't have left it in the Daycare. You need more than one Pokemon.I know!!! He moves to Verdanturf, right? Well there are Roselia on the route next to it. So Wally probably caught the Roselia to help him train it and Ralts. I know this because in Victory Road, he uses a RoseliaSomething else that people seem to think. He would need a whole lotta Pokeballs for THAT to work, but it is possible. So, where did Wally find the money for said Pokeballs? Working in the local freakshow, what with his (hopefully not, but probably) naturally green hair?

Editman
January 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
You dont have to leave two pokemon it's just an option

Tombstone975
January 22nd, 2009, 01:37 AM
Rare Candys,TMS,Daycare,Caught other pokemon and double battle,EXP Share.
You dont have to leave two pokemon it's just an option
I think what he was trying to say you have to have one pokemon in your party the whole time,If he left Ralts at the Day care center and it was his only pokemon then he would be disobeying that rule.

Editman
January 22nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Oh ok. Well maybe Ralts had customized attacks.

bobandbill
January 22nd, 2009, 04:07 AM
A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?Over Ocean: Don't think so.Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts? I'd think he got there with the help of his Uncle - after all, they all made a big point about him leaving the house by himself, which suggests that he went there with his uncle (which makes sense given he was 'frail' and all at that point). So his uncle could have taken him there, maybe by a surfing Pokemon he had...

...which is another possible explanation for how the Ralts levelled up with no attacking moves - double battles with his uncle's Pokemon, with the latter actually doing the KO-ing. Eitheer that or his uncle had a spare Magikarp for Ralts to play with.

Tombstone975
January 22nd, 2009, 04:48 AM
I'd think he got there with the help of his Uncle - after all, they all made a big point about him leaving the house by himself, which suggests that he went there with his uncle (which makes sense given he was 'frail' and all at that point). So his uncle could have taken him there, maybe by a surfing Pokemon he had...

...which is another possible explanation for how the Ralts levelled up with no attacking moves - double battles with his uncle's Pokemon, with the latter actually doing the KO-ing. Eitheer that or his uncle had a spare Magikarp for Ralts to play with.
Ralts dose get some moves at lv 6 so he could of taken the same route and beaten both gyms.

pkmn mstr ketz
January 22nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
if wally has two pokemon on the second encounter maybe he kept switching pokemon until the ralts learns some decent move, or struggling against magikarp, and using potions.

Aether
January 27th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Growl x40, struggle until fainted. I hope he has a lot of potions. :P

spike6958
January 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
He traveled with his Uncle to Vendanturf Town, then he left Ralts at the Daycare center till it learned how to use an offensive move

Xebelleon
January 30th, 2009, 12:33 PM
He gave Norman an empty Poke Ball, keeping the Zigzagoon.
Wally knew he'd be long gone by the time Norman noticed.
Not like Zigzagoon are rare...

And Rare Candy is a low level Pickup item (Ruby/Sapphire)

Corvus of the Black Night
February 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
HOLY CRAP IT'S THE DAYCARE COUPLE.

He went back to Verdanturf anyways, so it makes sense.

Lila
February 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
The Ralts had been bred and knew confusion when it hatched. It escaped from the breeding facility and eventually was caught by Wally. :P

Treble Harble
February 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Probably wally leveld it up with rare candies who knows.

xiraiya
February 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
He bought an Action Replay and cheated himself a rare candy or two. He's like Gary who magically evolves his Pokemon levels BEFORE we can.

Rivals cheat, that's the story.

Mightyena88
February 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
When he catches his Ralts, it's a level 3, right? Something like that. Anyway, I remember, I went out and stumbled across a Ralts of that level (I remember thinking what a coincidence it was) and all it knew was Growl. So how does Wally train his Ralts if it only knows Growl?? I know some people will say, "It's a game, who cares", but I think it's a bit of game flaw. Suggestions on how he could have done it, anyone?wat i tink "computers" are capable of "instantly training" their pkmn coz its already programmed in da game. whereas for us nt tt possible to train ralts at lvl 3 wif move growl. my way to train it is to just try my luck throw pokeball at any lvl 5 or 6 pkmn tt has an atk move.

next i place ralts first position and switch it to my second pkmn for back up. it's a slow process.

wat i tink "computers" are capable of "instantly training" their pkmn coz its already programmed in da game. whereas for us nt tt possible to train ralts at lvl 3 wif move growl. my way to train it is to just try my luck throw pokeball at any lvl 5 or 6 pkmn tt has an atk move.

next i place ralts first position and switch it to my second pkmn for back up. it's a slow process.i've also encountered evolved pidgeotto tt is below it's evolution level. tt's my first encounter in my first poke game yellow version. i also encounter a lvl 100 mewtwo, muk(which is a crap from blue and red version.)

Gold95
February 7th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I think he used Exp. Share and Wally himself fought the other Pokémon.. simple

Superjub
February 7th, 2009, 04:19 AM
He probably used the Day Care :\
Or his uncle could have gave him a rare Candy or two maybe :\
There are so many possibilities! XD
He could have caught a Pokemon early on, used it to train his Ralts then released it :\ Or kept it :\

kricketunelullaby
February 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I have no idea...
Maybe this ralts had bad breath or something.

XaRhS
February 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
He simply wouldn't be able to. He needs attacking moves, right? The only solution is struggle, and i guess he would run out of HP's quickly. So no...

Brisingr
February 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Answer

S1d8pink
February 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
he could have caught another stronger pokemon then do the thing where ralts goes first then u swich out and your other pokemon wins they both get exp

Shardwire
February 16th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I think he just used 15,000 Rare Candies.

That little migit could never train it into Gardivior.

Either that or he used a TM like Psychic.

Broken.Promise.
February 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Well, there's always this theory: Growl is annoying and pointless, right? Make Ralts do that AT LEAST 5 times, and the othe Pokemon simply gives up and commits suicide. And there we have it, fainted Pokemon, EXP given to Ralts.

Simples.

Virtual Chatot
February 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Used growl untill the enemy's ears bled?

;P

xyz702
February 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Day Care couple is probably what he did, I don't see how WALLY got a TM.. He's such a newb.

salmence33
February 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I think he caught a weak pokemon and traded them out during battles, and when he fights you he puts it in the storage.

bidoof40
February 18th, 2009, 09:54 PM
hi i like bidoof
I traind a ralts what I did was put it out then pull it back in and get out a stronger pokemon.

ShinjisLover
February 18th, 2009, 10:05 PM
He did it by annoying the fellow Pokémon to death with constant Growling. ^_~ Duh. XD

Just kidding.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 18th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Experience Share and/or switching out and one of Norman's Pokemon. He eventually got the clue that Growl wasn't gonna do anything, so he went to Norman (since he lent him the Zigzagoon in the first place) for a Pokemon to use just until his Ralts learned Confusion. He then went back to the area where he first caught Ralts and used the "start with Ralts, switch out for Norman's Pokemon" to give it enough experience to get Confusion. Then, of course he gave it back to Norman.

Either that, or Wally has insider knowledge of the Rare Candy black market.

PokemonMichael
February 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
hi i like bidoof
I traind a ralts what I did was put it out then pull it back in and get out a stronger pokemon.

the point is that he doesnt have a stronger pokemon >.<

Johto's Best
February 22nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
1.) how'd wally get to verdanturf? He saved before every grass patch, and soft reset if he found a pokemon

2.) How does he train raltz? he battles trees and bushes so he can't lose, no matter what.

Problem(s) solved!

sasuneuchiha
February 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Maybe he uses an action replay to get better attacks/rare candies? either that, or he fights...I dunno...magikarps?

Formula380
February 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Maybe he uses an action replay to get better attacks/rare candies? either that, or he fights...I dunno...magikarps?

Well the problem with that is his Ralts only knows growl so it would be a battle of struggles.... well I guess it could work. Slow but steady?

Micro
February 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Um..Maybe he gave it Rare Candies until Level 6 to learn confusion or a TM or maybe the creators of the game made his Ralts special.

Jumpluff
February 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
I put Ralts in first of the team and swapped around Ralts to Torchic It's the easy way.

Neutrino
February 23rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
probably just used the switcheroo method

Mezase Master
February 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
He used the divide by zero method.

darkflagrance
February 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ralts was level 5, the same as all other starters.

I'll go with the Rare Candy idea.

~MasterMind~
February 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
as a few people have already said he probably just used rare candys

alexis515148
February 24th, 2009, 04:33 AM
step 1: He found a person with a pokemon.
step 2: He stole the person's pokemon.
step 3: He gave ralts an exp. share.

The three step process!

The Sceptile King
March 1st, 2009, 06:40 AM
you can't train him unless he had 2 pokemon and in mauville city he only had ralts

but maby he traded to someone and got him to lv.16 and traded him back

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002
April 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM
The answer is obvious while you were wathing Normans Zigzagonn battling Ralt's he snook behind you and stole a rarecandy from yor pocket.Duuh.Why was there a rare candy in your bag Norman put it there when you werent looking.

SoulRed12
April 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
All he'd have to do is catch another pokemon by only throwing a pokeball when they're at full health. It's possible with some weak ones. Then do the swap-out thing until ralts learned a move.

Aegis
April 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
The answer is obvious while you were wathing Normans Zigzagonn battling Ralt's he snook behind you and stole a rarecandy from yor pocket.Duuh.Why was there a rare candy in your bag Norman put it there when you werent looking.

This thread hadn't been posted in since March 1, and seeing as how we're now in May, it's safe to say it's over the revival period~

-Closed-