PDA

View Full Version : Question: Overall Post Count

Mooshykris
January 1st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Haha, funny that a member of almost 4 years is asking a question.

But anyway, I was thinking, and I was curious of something.

I know there are certain forums that posting does not add to your post count, in which, I have posted a few times in the past.

I was just thinking, even though they're not added to your post count, is there a way to find out what your "overall post count?" ie the number of times you've posted overall, including in non-post count areas.

Thanks in advance,

~Mooshykris

Alakazam17
January 1st, 2009, 10:11 AM
Well, there is one way that I can think of:

Just click on someone's name, and go to "Find all posts by [insert name]." It would then say "Showing results 1 to 25 of X," with X being the number you're looking for. For example, I did this with you and got 463.

But alas, I believe this only works for those who've posted 499 times or less, heh. If there is a better way than this, I'd like to know as well. ^^

Rukario
January 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
there really isn't.. even in the admin cp it only shows the 'counted' posts for number of posts. A limit of the software I'd imagine (i.e. database storage and/or 'events' that use post count to trigger them, in which case you'd want countable posts).

Pazuzu
January 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well, you _could_ add another query to count all posts with the user's ID on them, though that'd be a ridiculous amount of wasted performance for such kind of thing than it brings gain for people.