PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Suggestion...

Melash
January 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Okay, I've got a very minor suggestion. In a few of the areas of this forum, if you sumbit a new thread, you have to wait until a moderator accepts it before before anyone can view it. However, if it doesn't get accepted, you don't get any feedback from the moderator telling you why the thread was not accepted. You should get a PM from the moderator telling you why the thread was not accepted, and how to change it so it can get accepted.

Just a little suggestion, but....

Sublime
January 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
You could PM the moderator of that section and ask why it was denied.

I know the mods don't have the time [or merely don't want to] PM ALL of the denied threads.

Angela
January 2nd, 2009, 03:32 PM
So your suggesting a thread that the mod notifies in when a thread is not accepted?

Melash
January 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
You could PM the moderator of that section and ask why it was denied.

I know the mods don't have the time [or merely don't want to] PM ALL of the denied threads.
Yeah, I suppose if you wanted to you could, but it could be easier if the moderator was...required to. They could just fill out a short form and send it.

EDIT:
So your suggesting a thread that the mod notifies in when a thread is not accepted?
Well, if a thread was easier than sending PM's, I guess that would work. Either way, it would help clear up confusion when people try to sumbit threads that don't get accepted.

Sublime
January 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Well, the roleplay section has an accepted/denied thread. When it's denied, the most explanation you get is usually one sentence :/

Melash
January 2nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Well, the roleplay section has an accepted/denied thread. When it's denied, the most explanation you get is usually one sentence :/Hmm, yeah, it probably wouldn't really work out, it was just a suggestion.

Tater Tot
January 2nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Moderators are too busy as it is. There would be too much stress to have to PM a member every time a thread is denied. D:

Gulpin
January 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
It would be too much trouble for the mod, considering how many threads are averagly posted in those forums. If you want to know why it didn't get accepted you should just PM the mod, not get them to PM you. And as stated above, there is a thread that states which threads were accepted/which threads weren't and what day in the RolePlay section.