PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: My Two Cents About Some Of The Forum Rules

Anti
January 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Wow, that title totally sounds like I'm about to burn the whole ruleset and staff of the forum, doesn't it? o_O lol

Anyways...

I don't really have any huge problems with the PC Rules but there are some I don't get. Some of these are forum-specific to Strategies and Movesets...so if you don't know what's going on there please don't randomly disagree with me. It's not "Flameland" a year ago so...yeah lol.

But when I bring this stuff up, I'm not asking for it to be changed right away necessarily, I just want to know why the rule is there/what purpose it is supposed to serve.

----------------------

1) "You can only have one active RMT at a time"

This one I have never really understood but now I think it might be necessary to remove it. I say this because the activity of S&M (Strategies and Movesets, btw :x) is falling apart...which I blame partly on Pokemon Platinum effectively taking away the interest of many of our players. I think that a limit of two would be more suitable to encourage forum activity among players who actually still post in the forum.

I have a feeling the rule was to stop the forum from being flooded by like three people, but ever since we started enforcing it again (around the time platinum was released, lol), the forum has seen a notable drop in activity. I think Platinum is more to blame, but the two RMT threads at a time limit would still pretty much prevent the board from being totally flooded but at the same time wouldn't be as restricting.

2) PC's Slogan

I know you won't change it so I won't even ask you to (nothing against you guys or anything, but I think it would be silly to ask you guys to do something you have refused to do several times), but does anybody actually like our slogan? Just curious ._.

I hardly care about this one though so you don't need to turn your response into this giant essay when it comes to this one. It's not something I really care much as far as if it's changed or not is concerned, so if it's rejected, all I need is the refection. nothing more lol.

3) "Don't link to other forums" (I don't know if that is S&M-specific or not...I didn't see it in the forum rules)

I remember D_A removing my link to Smogon's usage statistics (which we all rely upon btw) because of this rule...nothing against D_A since he's only doing his job of course...I just don't quite get the rule, especially in S&M's case when we rely on Smogon for our tier list and general refer to it all the time. It's the authority on competitive battling so...

I mean I am the most adamant hater of those stupid little MyFreeForum "communities" with ~10 members whose creator and cronies spam "JOIN MY FORUM" everywhere, but I don't see the harm here either. Could somebody explain why this rule is in place? It's not like anybody is advertising (and if they are, of course, I support the link being removed), so it's not megaspam or anything. It's way quicker than "go look in Stark on Shoddy thread numer 547569 GO"

4) "No censor bypass"

The censor rule...I don't get it (hear me out, please), at least not to the extreme that it's at. I know this is supposed to be a kid-friendly forum and all, but let's be fair here...most little kids have heard these words before, and those who haven't are probably more sheltered than others and probably won't be allowed to join an online forum when the internet is notorious for being "UH OH SEXUAL PREDATOR ALERT"-ish.

I'm not asking to remove it though just because people dropping the f bomb every other word would be the result and that would be silly at best. Still, this whole "don't use the little stars as they imply swearing" does not make sense to me. Maybe I'm just being narrow-minded here, and I sincerely apologize if I am! I doubt you'll change it and I can't say I blame you, but why is implying swearing so bad? People either know what you mean or they don't, it's not like it's killing the little kids...

[near-c+p from #2]

I hardly care about this one though so you don't need to turn your response into this giant essay when it comes to this one. It's not something I really care much as far as if it's changed or not is concerned, so if it's rejected, all I need is that and a brief explanation. Nothing more lol. I'm really more looking for an explanation here since this rule has never changed...so I'm not expecting it to.

[/near-c+p from #2]

----------------------

So yeah. I'm not trying to "go rogue" or anything here, but some of this stuff has been weird to me for awhile so I figure I'd post this to gain some insight or possibly get problems fixed.

btw any "this probably won't be changed" wasn't taking a backhanded shot at the staff, I'm just not going to be unrealistic with "WOMG CHANGE CENSOR BYPASS NOW OR THIS FORUM IS TYRANNICAL I HATE YOU KING GEORGE" nonsense that would be ignored anyways. lol

EDIT: In case I didn't say so earlier I'm not trying to roast you guys lol

aaaaaaaaaa!

January 2nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'll leave my comment on a majority of the rules out, however, I feel the "1 month bump" rule should not apply to Battle Logs. Let me quote exactly what it says:

Threads can only be "revived" within a month.
A thread that has gone past an approximate month may not be posted in. For restarting topics, create a new thread

You can't re-start a Battle Log =/. Minor nitpick, not really bothering me, but just a thought.

Dark Azelf
January 2nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
<stuff about one active RMT at a time>

IIRC this was put in place to stop people who seem to think posting a new RMT every day is good, it was actually quite annoying at one point but as you said with the drop of in activity in S+M i doubt it would matter all that much.

Maybe if it was dropped and then brought back if activity gets larger or something, idk.

Something like a limit, for example "Only <insert reasonable number> of rmt's per person, per week" or something along those lines, this would be almost like a comprimise, since NO ONE should want to post that many RMT's in such a short period of time, yet it doesnt restrict you too much with the number of rmt's you can post either at the same time.

>:

Anti
January 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
IIRC this was put in place to stop people who seem to think posting a new RMT every day is good, it was actually quite annoying at one point but as you said with the drop of in activity in S+M i doubt it would matter all that much>:

Maybe if it was dropped and then brought back if activity gets larger or something, idk.

Yeah, that, as far as I can remember anyways, hasn't been a problem since I joined in July of 2007 (can't say last year anymore lol), but I was so noobish for most of my time here that my memory might be misleading since it still is in that awful mindset hahaha.

Either way, people who have good teams to post (like Vance posts teams a lot...really the only person who does anymore), we might as well let them post them.

One thing I forgot to mention was that it actually bumps down old topics, because the moderators post with "locked because the OP has a new RMT" or "Locked upon request of the OP"...which really isn't helping a forum becoming more and more desperate for activity.

EDIT: Yea that's fine (regarding your edit). I mean when I actual ladder (well you know before platinum), I used 3 or so different teams so eh, I think two active RMTs + two RMTs per week should be more than enough to keep people from flooding the server.

btw, didn't mean to offend anybody who actually likes our slogan, it's just that every time the topic comes up there is open hate for it. I don't want to be too arrogant as to suggest that everybody I hang around with has the same views as the rest of the community (which is significantly larger than my small group of friends, lol), so I apologize if that is in fact the case.

bgt
January 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
The censor is set in place to block obscene content from our younger audience. Unfortunately unlike other communities, our average demographic for age is 13 to 14.

Just because our younger audience may have heard the language does not mean we should reinforce it.

Archer
January 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
I only really see merit in questioning the RMT Limit and the Link rule.

The RMT Limit Rule not only limits members to having the one RMT, but it also limits them to the one tier. I remember seeing a while ago, that a member had an active RMT closed because they posted a OU RMT when they already had an active UU RMT. I'm all for the removal of this rule.

I think that link is perfctly acceptable when done properly. The main problem is people joining purely to drag people to their websites. The problem is that these members usually post VMs in user profiles, until they are subsequently banned. In a way, the rule limits the content we can actually discuss.

The rules, for the most part, are well thought through, although times change and they can need re-evaulation.

Cherrim
January 2nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
2. I like it.

3. I've always enforced the rules in the sense that advertising another forum is bad but linking to a helpful thread/post on another forum with the intention of helping is okay. :/ Different staff members may interpret the rules differently though.

4. If you honestly can't figure out how to say something without swearing in the post, it's not worth posting.

Melody
January 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
I've always held the ideal that if you think that a certain mod's action was a bit to heavy handed you go up to the next level and PM an s-mod about it, nine times out of ten, the S-mod will be glad to provide his/her input on the action, and if he/she thinks that the mod IS indeed being a bit too strict, the issue can be handled without any hurt feelings (Seriously, the staff here are pretty close so there's no problem with it) And if the higher powers side with the mod, meh...it happens. It's not that they're being mean, it could simply be a sign of respect to the moderator.
If you're seriously worried about a link being deleted, use an obfuscator like tinyurl, and dont mention that the link is to a forum posting. The mods arent going to go out of their way to check every link, nor would they delete the link if the intent behind the link is to inform, not to draw people to post on another forum. (This certainly depends on how the moderator interprets the intent behind the link)

Anti
January 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
2. I like it.

3. I've always enforced the rules in the sense that advertising another forum is bad but linking to a helpful thread/post on another forum with the intention of helping is okay. :/ Different staff members may interpret the rules differently though.

4. If you honestly can't figure out how to say something without swearing in the post, it's not worth posting.

2. I figured somebody would say that =( I didn't mean to undermine your view and I'm sorry if it came off that way, I've just...never really talked to anybody who has liked it is all. Haha, but that's enough of number 2.

3. Is this one of those spirit of the law vs. letter of the law things? If it is that's cool, just wanted to be sure it wasn't some kind of requirement or anything since, as mentioned, stuff like usage statistics are key to how stuff operates even though it's not run on our forum.

4. Good point. Maybe I'm just one of those nutty freedom of speech guys, lol. That was actually pretty much the explanation I was looking for and it answers my question pretty well lol. Wasn't necessarily trying to get the rule reversed or anything, just wanted to understand this more lol. Thanks ^_^

--------------

So I got my answer for number 4 and about the closest thing I could get for number 2, so...

What about number one? S&M is a fun forum and ever since the days of Flameland died I really don't want to see such awful inactivity.

@S&M staff: How will number 1 be handled specifically?

And yeah, I guess number 3 is answered too assuming I understand your response right, Lightning.

@S&M staff: Can the Smogon stuff and the arkeis/pe2k pic stuff always be allowed since that is widely used is is not advertising 99.99% of the time?

I can take this to PM with Beachy or D_A or whoever for the bullets I was honestly more concerned about (S&M-specific bullets) if you want, and you can lock the thread. Leaving it open and keeping it public is fine too, I don't care either way.

Angela
January 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
I actually like the slogan it is witty, and please don't change anything about the censors, I like it the way it is, the last thing we need on here are for people being able to use swear words (That's not a step forward, it's a step back), my argument for this is because on here are under 10 year old members, and the last thing we want is to lose member, because there parents ban them from going on PC because of the swear words.

January 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
I actually like the slogan it is witty, and please don't change anything about the censors, I like it the way it is, the last thing we need on here are for people being able to use swear words (That's not a step forward, it's a step back), my argument for this is because on here are under 10 year old members, and the last thing we want is to lose member, because there parents ban them from going on PC because of the swear words.

I don't see how saying you like the title will be an argument to keep it, since Anti's argument nullifies that.

Angela
January 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I don't see how saying you like the title will be an argument to keep it, since Anti's argument nullifies that.

You mean this argument?
2) PC's Slogan

I know you won't change it so I won't even ask you to (nothing against you guys or anything, but I think it would be silly to ask you guys to do something you have refused to do several times), but does anybody actually like our slogan? Just curious ._.

I hardly care about this one though so you don't need to turn your response into this giant essay when it comes to this one. It's not something I really care much as far as if it's changed or not is concerned, so if it's rejected, all I need is the refection. nothing more lol.

Well he asked who actually likes it and I told him that I like it, and this slogan has been here for many years, that slogan is a part of PC, and if it's changed, then a huge part of PC's appeal is gone, I think the slogan reflects humor, in a good way, it's not too extreme it's not repelling in any way, and it says this forum is a work in progress, that makes people want to come here, and help the forum grow, it makes the forum look like there are plenty of things for everyone to do, while it says work in progress, it also underlines the truth the forum is a work in progress every couple of month we get something new, like a new V-bulletin app, and that slogan is weary friendly so I say it should stay.

Anti
January 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
I probably should have made a separate thread for the slogan and swearing since that totally wasn't supposed to be the focus. All I needed was an explanation to the censor bypass and that was that (I wasn't even asking to have the censors removed or even censor bypass which was what I was skeptical about and asking about), and the slogan thing wasn't something I was really expecting...much fuss over? I was more asking for what people thought about it (since, if nobody likes it, then why keep it?) than debating how witty the slogan is. Still, you're exaggerating hugely if you say the slogan is a part of the forum's appeal. If you like it, cool, but if the forum loses a huge chunk of its appeal without its slogan than you're interneting (pardon my verb choice) for all the wrong reasons.

But like I said in my last post, the slogan discussion and censor bypass discussion is over. Both questions were answered, and that's that.

Requesting lock since I have a feeling the focus of the thread, the S&M stuff, will be ignored and Dark_Azelf has already seen this so I can PM him about it and discuss this with the S&M staff. This thread has served its purpose I suppose.

January 2nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
that slogan is a part of PC, and if it's changed, then a huge part of PC's appeal is gone,

Um...Yeah, I highly doubt that's going to take away any of PC's appeal.

I think the slogan reflects humor, in a good way, it's not too extreme it's not repelling in any way, and it says this forum is a work in progress, that makes people want to come here, and help the forum grow,

I agree it's humorous, but I doubt that it shows the forum is in need of growth. This forum is massive, and is great as it is.

it makes the forum look like there are plenty of things for everyone to do, while it says work in progress, it also underlines the truth the forum is a work in progress every couple of month we get something new, like a new V-bulletin app, and that slogan is weary friendly so I say it should stay.

"We are still working on a better title" <--- That says all those things to you? Honestly, it's just a title. I wouldn't mind a new slogan, but I really don't care if we keep the current one.

Anti
January 2nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
If you guys want to discuss the S&M stuff you can while this thread remains open I guess...

I guess it's my own fault for including two totally different subject matters here but...can we please stop discussing the slogan thing?

SkyPioneer
January 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Alright, after being bothered to read this whole page, I was intruiged to reply, so I will, with my two cents on the matter. It looks like the crew from S&M are here, most of this regards S&M so maybe it should be managed by someone familiar with S&M. First of all, the implying of swearing is humourus, to say to the least. I was (lol) infracted for ****. Seriously, it comes up in stars when the filter kicks in, why bother with that rule ._. You may as well change the whole word filters, and change them to harmless word like "cat" or "dog" or something. What I'm trying to say is that the restriction upon implification of swearing is stupid, to say to the least, because, lol, they're only stars and word filters also "imply" swearing. Heck, I'll risk infraction and prove it now, ****. See those lovely stars? They show up whenever you swear. I know swearing isn't good because these forums are full of 9 year olds[/troll] but seriously, infraction for stars? >_< Now, the other suggestions. The first one, about just one RMT at a time, I'd agree with just limiting it to a certain number (ie, more than one) RMT thread. One guy might want two teams rated, or maybe one for DP and one for Pt. Also, new lurkers like me are forced to look for older threads to get valuable battling exp gah, dw. The slogan? Just another minor novelty, nothing wrong, move along. It's also mildly amusing to see that OP sounds like a nervous wreck throughout the topic. lol

Chibi-chan
January 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Alright, after being bothered to read this whole page, I was intruiged to reply, so I will, with my two cents on the matter. It looks like the crew from S&M are here, most of this regards S&M so maybe it should be managed by someone familiar with S&M. First of all, the implying of swearing is humourus, to say to the least. I was (lol) infracted for ****. Seriously, it comes up in stars when the filter kicks in, why bother with that rule ._. You may as well change the whole word filters, and change them to harmless word like "cat" or "dog" or something. What I'm trying to say is that the restriction upon implification of swearing is stupid, to say to the least, because, lol, they're only stars and word filters also "imply" swearing. Heck, I'll risk infraction and prove it now, ****. See those lovely stars? They show up whenever you swear. I know swearing isn't good because these forums are full of 9 year olds[/troll] but seriously, infraction for stars? >_< Now, the other suggestions.

So if you know the asterisks are going to come up when you swear and you know swearing's against the rules and you know you'll get an infraction for it...why in world would you still do it? We don't need replacements for swearing, it's right in the rules, DON'T DO IT. You no the consequences of it, bypass or no bypass. If you don't want to get in trouble for it, just don't swear. We all didn't come out of caves, I'm sure you have a better set of vocabulary.

SkyPioneer
January 3rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
In this case, it's to make a point.

GKS
January 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
The rules you picked out seem pretty reasonable. If you don't think a rule is allowed, look through the eyes of a staff and why they are using this rule.

Censor Bypass: It is a must, not every family exposes their children to bad words until they grow older.

RMT: I don't go in that section, so no comment.

Linking to forums: PC has been generous enough for us to allow signature that link to other forums. I'm pretty grateful for that.

PC Slogan: It's something that PC had for a long time now. When I joined I didn't know it was a slogan until I read the faq. It is a good idea to vote on something like this, but this slogan kind of developed with to community I think. At first the staff probably meant it as a placeholder until they get a real slogan, then it probably became their slogan. This is kind of like asking to change the name of PokeCommunity.

Noah Ridgewood
January 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
I've always held the ideal that if you think that a certain mod's action was a bit to heavy handed you go up to the next level and PM an s-mod about it, nine times out of ten, the S-mod will be glad to provide his/her input on the action, and if he/she thinks that the mod IS indeed being a bit too strict, the issue can be handled without any hurt feelings (Seriously, the staff here are pretty close so there's no problem with it) And if the higher powers side with the mod, meh...it happens. It's not that they're being mean, it could simply be a sign of respect to the moderator.

In most cases, unless the specific higher staff member you're contacting used to moderate that forum, he or she would probably talk to the moderator of that forum first. I've already had that happen to me with a higher staff member. <blank> wanted to check with me first to see if a thread should belong in my forum and we basically worked on deciding that together because it was one of those threads that could go in one forum, but another one at the same time. With that said, for an example purpose, say you didn't like a decision I made in my forum. The only person on the higher staff that you should really go to would be Pichu, since he used to moderate that forum and out of all the people, has the most knowledge about how it's run and maintained. So it really depends on who you go to, but you are right. The staff is pretty tight in terms of relationships.

Well he asked who actually likes it and I told him that I like it, and this slogan has been here for many years, that slogan is a part of PC, and if it's changed, then a huge part of PC's appeal is gone, I think the slogan reflects humor, in a good way, it's not too extreme it's not repelling in any way, and it says this forum is a work in progress, that makes people want to come here, and help the forum grow, it makes the forum look like there are plenty of things for everyone to do, while it says work in progress, it also underlines the truth the forum is a work in progress every couple of month we get something new, like a new V-bulletin app, and that slogan is weary friendly so I say it should stay.

...Massive run-on sentence. @.@

Angela does have a point, he did ask if anyone liked it, and she was only answering his question. That's nothing to jump on her back about. Is her liking the slogan and thinking it's humorous, friendly, and appealing REALLY something to argue about? I mean, come on. Despite it being a small one, it's been going on for a few posts and Anti stated, that's the least important subject on this thread, so try to focus on the more important ones.

Alright, after being bothered to read this whole page, I was intruiged to reply, so I will, with my two cents on the matter. It looks like the crew from S&M are here, most of this regards S&M so maybe it should be managed by someone familiar with S&M. First of all, the implying of swearing is humourus, to say to the least. I was (lol) infracted for ****. Seriously, it comes up in stars when the filter kicks in, why bother with that rule ._. You may as well change the whole word filters, and change them to harmless word like "cat" or "dog" or something. What I'm trying to say is that the restriction upon implification of swearing is stupid, to say to the least, because, lol, they're only stars and word filters also "imply" swearing. Heck, I'll risk infraction and prove it now, ****. See those lovely stars? They show up whenever you swear. I know swearing isn't good because these forums are full of 9 year olds[/troll] but seriously, infraction for stars? >_< Now, the other suggestions. The first one, about just one RMT at a time, I'd agree with just limiting it to a certain number (ie, more than one) RMT thread. One guy might want two teams rated, or maybe one for DP and one for Pt. Also, new lurkers like me are forced to look for older threads to get valuable battling exp gah, dw. The slogan? Just another minor novelty, nothing wrong, move along. It's also mildly amusing to see that OP sounds like a nervous wreck throughout the topic. lol

You certainly are rather rebellious. For a fifteen year old, you certainly are showing signs of a closed mind and I don't see how what you said was directed towards Strategy and Moveset since it was regarding cursing which is a GLOBAL infractable rule and you only have about two sentences directed towards S&M rules. If you really can't understand why there are censors placed on curse words, maybe you should try to enter the mind of that nine year old troll who browses PC to learn more about how to defeat someone or find something. You have to remember, PC was not aimed towards older crowds and the majority of the older people here are verterans in some way or staff. They're here to help those kids you think are trolls (when really you're just making yourself look like a troll by going around cursing in posts like that). But, really? Do you really have to be so difficult about sensors? Our of all the things to be worried about, you're worried about stars? Interesting... None the less, sensoring the way it is now helps moderators know if someone is breaking the swearing rule or attempting to bypass it.

I can also pretty much garuntee you that if you went and did what you just did in a moderated forum, it'll be your head.

Anti
January 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
lol I guess I didn't make this clear the first two times, SkyPioneer, but DO NOT POST ABOUT THE CENSOR BYPASS. My question has been answered, but good job in totally ignoring me and ranting about a rule that, given their reasoning for it, is reasonable.

Your reasoning is absolutely TERRIBLE (Oh no! They infracted me for breaking a rule I knew existed but broke because I didn't care/thought it was stupid!) and you totally ignored the real focus of this thread. If you actually care about getting this rule changed to the extent that you do, something is either very wrong with your vocabulary or you just like swearing a lot about...Nasty Plot Infernape? SubPetaya Empoleon? SubSalac Garchomp? ?????????????

This is kind of like asking to change the name of PokeCommunity.

Makes enough sense. I thought about it more last night and figured that it probably means something to older members so it probably shouldn't go, even if it seems weak at times.

---------------------

Again requesting lock lol - the S&M issues are being taken care of right now through private messages with the S&M moderators, and...

The slogan thing should probably stay. I don't like it, but it clearly means something to a lot of people so taking it away for a "better" slogan would be kind of silly, eh?

Censor bypass is reasonable mostly for what Lightning and Chibi said. I realize the flaws in my previous logic...no big deal, eh?

Can we PLEASE not discuss those two? I got great answers to both of my questions (which, lol, I didn't even care about as I said in the first post). I'll admit it probably was a bad idea to group two TOTALLY different subject matters in one thread, which usually means one gets ignored, so eh. No big deal, but this thread really has served its purpose.

Let this die or wait until it's locked. Don't post again, please. If you want to argue against the censor bypass, knock yourself out, but not here, please. If you have something to say about the S&M stuff ONLY, I guess you can post since I'm still talking to the S&M people about it.

SkyPioneer
January 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
You certainly are rather rebellious. You use the word waaaay to lightly here. I just don't like a rule, it doesn't mean that I'm trying to start a revolution or that I think of my self a hero or anything. I just don't like it and I spoke my mind. Of course, if I came across to harsh, then I guess I apologise, don't want to start a flame war or huge rule discussion, I'm just chippin' in. Don't read it if you don't want to ._. For a fifteen year old, My age is irrelevant here. you certainly are showing signs of a closed mind and I don't see how what you said was directed towards Strategy and Moveset since it was regarding cursing which is a GLOBAL infractable rule and you only have about two sentences directed towards S&M rules.
I didn't say all of it was directed toward S&M. I only suggested that it should be managed by someone from S&M. most of this regards S&M so maybe it should be managed by someone familiar with S&M. If you really can't understand why there are censors placed on curse words, maybe you should try to enter the mind of that nine year old troll who browses PC I never did, the troll part wasn't a serious troll, hence the false [/troll] tag. I never did really try to troll.o learn more about how to defeat someone or find something. You have to remember, PC was not aimed towards older crowds and the majority of the older people here are verterans in some way or staff. They're here to help those kids you think are trolls (when really you're just making yourself look like a troll by going around cursing in posts like that). But, really? Do you really have to be so difficult about sensors? Difficult? I'm sorry, that's just crossing the line. One post makes me difficult? ._. Our of all the things to be worried about, you're worried about stars? What else is there to be worried about on PC? I was never worried about the stars, I was just annoyed that the filtering is somewhat pointless when you can get infracted even after the filter kicks in.Interesting... None the less, sensoring the way it is now helps moderators know if someone is breaking the swearing rule or attempting to bypass it.

I can also pretty much garuntee you that if you went and did what you just did in a moderated forum, it'll be your head.

Comments in bold. I really, do not want to start a flame war or anything, leave it be. If you want to rant at me then just drop me a VM or PM or something and we'll discuss it fully, k?

Ninja Caterpie
January 3rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
D_A must be being too strict with the forum linking, then. :\ I was allowed here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157380&page=3) by my friendly neighbourhood fanfiction mod to link to a forum on the basis of helping something or somewhat. :\

There's my two cents. xD

GKS
January 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
In most cases, unless the specific higher staff member you're contacting used to moderate that forum, he or she would probably talk to the moderator of that forum first. I've already had that happen to me with a higher staff member. <blank> wanted to check with me first to see if a thread should belong in my forum and we basically worked on deciding that together because it was one of those threads that could go in one forum, but another one at the same time. With that said, for an example purpose, say you didn't like a decision I made in my forum. The only person on the higher staff that you should really go to would be Pichu, since he used to moderate that forum and out of all the people, has the most knowledge about how it's run and maintained. So it really depends on who you go to, but you are right. The staff is pretty tight in terms of relationships.

...Massive run-on sentence. @.@

Angela does have a point, he did ask if anyone liked it, and she was only answering his question. That's nothing to jump on her back about. Is her liking the slogan and thinking it's humorous, friendly, and appealing REALLY something to argue about? I mean, come on. Despite it being a small one, it's been going on for a few posts and Anti stated, that's the least important subject on this thread, so try to focus on the more important ones.

You certainly are rather rebellious. For a fifteen year old, you certainly are showing signs of a closed mind and I don't see how what you said was directed towards Strategy and Moveset since it was regarding cursing which is a GLOBAL infractable rule and you only have about two sentences directed towards S&M rules. If you really can't understand why there are censors placed on curse words, maybe you should try to enter the mind of that nine year old troll who browses PC to learn more about how to defeat someone or find something. You have to remember, PC was not aimed towards older crowds and the majority of the older people here are verterans in some way or staff. They're here to help those kids you think are trolls (when really you're just making yourself look like a troll by going around cursing in posts like that). But, really? Do you really have to be so difficult about sensors? Our of all the things to be worried about, you're worried about stars? Interesting... None the less, sensoring the way it is now helps moderators know if someone is breaking the swearing rule or attempting to bypass it.

Just curious, why would that even matter that he is 15 years old? I'm 15, are you implying that 15 year olds aren't smart or something?

Melody
January 3rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
I have to say that If I were infracted when the censor already block a word, I'd probably fight it. Though usually, If a word is censored I edit the post anyways and use a more acceptable word (seriously it's not hard to hit the edit button and save yourself the trouble of an infraction by putting an acceptable word there)

But enough of speaking about the censor.

Aurapostle:
Most people don't keep track of which upper staff members modded where, but you have a point, You usually have more luck speaking to any upper staff member who previously modded that section.

Noah Ridgewood
January 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Just curious, why would that even matter that he is 15 years old? I'm 15, are you implying that 15 year olds aren't smart or something?

Um, no. Quite the contrary, actually. I'm saying that by that age, people are more open minded about things.

GKS
January 3rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Um, no. Quite the contrary, actually. I'm saying that by that age, people are more open minded about things.

That makes sense, sorry for misinterpreting what you said.

Red1530
January 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
The one regulation I have a problem with is the signature size limit. I find the size limit is fine but, I think there should be an exception if one uses CSS to create a box that fits within the current limits. I think the main reason for the size limitation to prevent threads from becoming ungainly in size. If a mod can explain to me other reasons why there is a size limit, I can change my mind.