PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: 24 characters to 0?

Pachireecko
January 4th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Some of the people I have been chatting to are saying that the character count is now at least zero and their visitor messages have less than 24 characters in them but I still have to type at least 24 characters! How come? Any help would be appreciated.

Ninja Caterpie
January 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I've noticed it too. I can type ":DAwesome:D" in a VM whereas my friend was typing fillers in. :\

ErickaVolt
January 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I thought this was available to all members? If then, you need to use a lot of space bar in between two characters.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 4th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Just to confirm, visitor messages are not restricted by the character limit.

Zet
January 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM
actually, I've had a few times where I had to type the 24 characters :x

Astinus
January 4th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Just to confirm, visitor messages are not restricted by the character limit.
Backing up Zetta here. There were times when I had to type in fillers or ramble about nothing because I was told my message was too short and had to be lengthened. And I know that it's happened to others that I've talked to.

processr
January 4th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Adding some more support to Zetta - one of the most recent visitor messages I posted needed 24 characters to be posted.

Azonic
January 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/25sshft.png

If that isn't proof, I don't know what is. >:|

I just use the space bar between two characters to void it.

Sylphiel
January 4th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Apparently - and this is just going by what I heard, so don't quote me - the character limit has been lifted for VMs...but it doesn't work whenever you're trying to post from the conversation page (such as in the screen above). Until it's fixed (which I'm assuming it will be, eventually), then I'd say if you have a short message, then just go straight to the profile of the person you're talking to and post it that way.

(Worked for me, at least.)

Pachireecko
January 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
So it works for some people and for other's it doesn't!?

Azonic
January 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM
So it works for some people and for other's it doesn't!?

It works if you are posting in the person's profile directly.

It doesn't work if you are posting in the conversation page.

Pachireecko
January 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Right! Ok. Thanks for your help everybody! You can close this tread down now if you want.

Zet
January 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Apparently - and this is just going by what I heard, so don't quote me - the character limit has been lifted for VMs...but it doesn't work whenever you're trying to post from the conversation page (such as in the screen above). Until it's fixed (which I'm assuming it will be, eventually), then I'd say if you have a short message, then just go straight to the profile of the person you're talking to and post it that way.

(Worked for me, at least.)
doesn't for me Cowrie D: I'm guessing VMs just don't like me

Ausaudriel
January 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Oh whoops, sorry about that. XD I forgot about the conversation page, I'd meant to do that the night of the others. @_@;

Should all be fixed up now. :3

And Zet, the character limit still applies for you? O.o; That's odd.

Zet
January 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
seems to be working now, I guess it just was tad bit of bad luck