PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4

Black Mage
January 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Has anyone else played this awesome game yet. I've come into the series late, but after being introduced to it by Chibi-chan, I've fallen in love. I love the characters, the story, the battle system, forming social links, almost everything.

The only thing that bothers me is the repetitive dungeon design, but I guess that fits into the fact that the worlds are products of a person's mind, and the focus on one aspect of that persons mind.

It's not too often I get addicted to non-Pokemon games, so this a big deal for me.

Without spoiling too much, for those who have played the game, what do you like about Persona 4.

GunSaberSeraph
January 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, I just finished playing P4 actually, it's good to know at least someone else on PC is a fan of it, considering that Shin Megami Tensei is niche series. (My favorite character's Kanji btw, but I really love them all except for Mooroka)

parallelzero
January 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Being one who played, beat, and loved Persona 3, I can honestly say P4 doesn't really offer much that's new to the series. Though that's fine, Persona 3 was good, and P4 builds and improves upon the original formula. I'm finding myself a lot more challenged in P4 as well.

GunSaberSeraph
January 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah, well P4 was my first PS2 generation Persona game, (Played P1 and P2) And I've noticed that the series goes through an overhaul every two games. So I assume that the same is going to happen with P5. I do like how P4's story was dealt with though.

Black Mage
January 6th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm on Kanji's level at the moment. Training a little before facing his shadow. My brother doesn't really like the monster designs but I find them unique as compared to other games. I'm kind of disappointed by how bad the protagonist's initial Persona, Izanagi, is so bad. I was hoping for something more out of it.

GunSaberSeraph
January 6th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm on Kanji's level at the moment. Training a little before facing his shadow. My brother doesn't really like the monster designs but I find them unique as compared to other games. I'm kind of disappointed by how bad the protagonist's initial Persona, Izanagi, is so bad. I was hoping for something more out of it.

Yeah, Izanagi is really just there for lightning coverage until you get something better(like Jack Frost). But on your second playthrough you can summon a much stronger version of him.