PDA

View Full Version : Name for my new Husky Pup.

spike6958
January 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone, i dunno why but yesterday i bought a Husky pup and she is light brown and white and is lovely, however i really cannot decide on a name for her, a few of the names i have thought of are:
Hermione (I'm a BIG HP fan XP)
Misty (not after the anime character)
Alaska
these are the only three i can think of for her, please vote in the poll and make suggestions.

suicidesal
January 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I like Misty, it's cute :)
But mind you- dont like the ida of naming it after HP character (may be a difficult name for it to learn) and not a fan of naming things after places

ChronicEdge
January 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
They all seem pretty uninteresting to me. I'd go with Artemis, but w/e.

Azzurra
January 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
If I were you, I'd choose Zeus. It's a great name for a dog, and represents the God of Thunder, and dog spelled backwards is "God".

spike6958
January 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
If I were you, I'd choose Zeus. It's a great name for a dog, and represents the God of Thunder, and dog spelled backwards is "God".

that may be, but it's not really an ideal name for a female dog, is it?

I like Misty, it's cute :)
But mind you- dont like the ida of naming it after HP character (may be a difficult name for it to learn) and not a fan of naming things after places

Well Alaska, was my least favorite of the list, and was only there because a friend suggested the name and i thought putting three names to pick from was better than two, however in regards to the Hermione comment, i really feel your underestimating the intelligence of Huskies, they are one of the smartest breeds of dog in the word, but thanks for the opinion none the less.

wow only 5 votes when 38 people have looked, if you going to take the time to enter the thread please vote, your vote is greatly appreceated.

Guillermo
January 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Misty sounds nice, but I'd go with something more catchy.

Jasmine ftw.

1stGenNut
January 6th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I dont like the first two all that much, Alaska is pretty sweet though.

Mitchman
January 6th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Fluffypuppyhugs! That was a joke dont take it seriously.
Uh Hera? The wife of zeus? Or maybe snowy i mean she is a husky. Snowy the husky? Catchy!

Cassino
January 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Anything but Spot, Fluffy, silly names like that...

Fernando
January 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I am a big fan of HP too,and like Hermione XD.

Rellyms
January 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hermione sounds good or whatever her cat name was. My dog has three names, [Puppy,Sammy,Honey] since my mom calls her puppy she thinks it's her name. She's so confused. @_@

Master Electrician
January 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Misty gets my vote, I've always like the name and it has some personal symbolism there. My second vote would be Other: Ash/Ashlee.

True Reign
January 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd pick Misty since to me mist resembles the fur of your husky (huskies usaully have black and white fur, and I'm guessing thats what you have?).

Dakota
January 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM
How bout Dawn? Not the Charecter in the anime, just sounds coolio, however if that is to Pokemonish, then how bout somthing like Meera?

Elite Champion
January 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
what colour is it

snowball
misty
tia
lady
shiela
pebbles

i love dogs mate

Yrie
January 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Cherry Blossom
Or Lotus
Or Lily

Don't know why I like naming things after plants, but yeah...

moments.
January 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I think Hermione might get annoying to keep calling out but also apparently dogs are more responsive towards learning and can learn their own name easier if it is 1 or 2 syllables.
Misty is a nice name.

Yamikarasu
January 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I like the name Hermione, but if not that then Misty would be my second choice.

Sushi.
January 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I like the name Hermione but, I think I like the name Misty even better! ^^
I think you should go for Misty.

storm393
January 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
misty's a nice name for it :)

Icy42
January 7th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I wanted to name one of my cats Misty... It really is a great name.

Sora_8920
January 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Misty sounds nice, but I'd go with something more catchy.

Jasmine ftw.

Agreed. But out of these, Misty for the win.

spike6958
January 7th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Also for those wondering, her coloring is light brown and white(I'll add that to the first post to avoid anymore confusion),which is one of the reasons i got her)

Also it's interesting to see that the poll is level at the moment.

Syndrome
January 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Am I the only one who likes the name Alaska?

Gulpin
January 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I don't really like any of your names up there, Hermoine is too long, even if the dog is from a smart breed [that doesn't mean that this specific dog is smart though]
In the theme of places, I like Carol [Carolina], Virgina, or anything like that.
And Roxanne is also a good name, because a nickname, Roxie/Roxy should be easier for the dog to learn.

kingofjokers
January 7th, 2009, 07:33 PM
misty mostly becuase its a husky and it fits perfectly

Melody
January 8th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I think the name Misty sounds nice.
If you want an original name, I suggest 'Chi'

An-chan
January 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Misty is the best out of those for the sole reason that it's the easiest for the dog to learn. When naming a puppy, you should go for a name that's short, distinguishable and not also the name of two billion other puppies. It can be a bit confusing for the dog if she hears her name yelled all over the place.

Misty is good because it has two distinguishable syllables. Other names that would be good when thinking like this could be, for example, Yuki, Sara, Luna (isn't she a character in HP, too?), Ginny, Audrey, and so on. Go for a short, easy name like that. Make it easy for the dog, don't just think about yourself ^-^

Saltare.
January 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Hmm...lets see....well, I had a little husky like yours. And I named mine Shida or Skadi.

spike6958
January 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner everyone, well, against the popular opinion here i picked Hermione, because, believe it or not, it is the one she reacted best to, she always comes to me when i shout the name, i also tried my other two names and some of the others posted here and she didn't respond as well to them, so anyway thank for all your responses guy's, i appreciate it.

Haza
January 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Retro
Tokyo
Heaven
Zuaza
Azalle

kissing. raindrops
January 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
So you named her Hermione? :3
That's cute. I would have gone with Jacob<3

matt561
January 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Or you could have done what i did and just called it Puppy

the bitter end.
January 15th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Misty's my favorite out of those. But I'm with ChronicEdge and saying Artermis ftw!