PDA

View Full Version : Question: Has anyone else noticed the Database Errors?

Popstar Leafeon
January 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Sometimes when I'm surfing the forums, I'll get a database error and won't be allowed on the site for an hour or so. Is this just happening to me, or is this site-wide issues?

Forever
January 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Database Errors can happen often and to everyone on at that time, when one occurs, just wait it out and PC will be back to normal again soon.

Zebra Thunderhead
January 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
The server has been on the fritz as of late. It's been happening to a lot of people, you're not alone.

Popstar Leafeon
January 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Ohhh, alright. Thanks for letting me know.

devilicious
January 6th, 2009, 07:31 PM
The PokéCommunity
"We're still looking for a better server!"

As they said, wait a while and it'll be back to normal. It has been a lot more stable now when compared to some months ago though, so I believe some improvements were made.

Tyrantrum
January 6th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Yea, I just had those database errors. I rarely have them now, ever since the move to the new server thank god, but having them start back up again would just be complete torture. -.-

Cassino
January 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
The PokéCommunity
"We're still looking for a better server!"
That's my line. D:
the website has a viruse but the owners dont know and dont really care about it
Well now they do know, so before long they'll start caring.
If that's even true. ಠ_ಠ

parallelzero
January 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Well now they do know, so before long they'll start caring.
If that's even true. ಠ_ಠ

It's not true. XD

And yeah, I dunno. Steve would be able to shed more light on the subject.

Melody
January 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Last I heard, the server always slows down on Sunday because it's doing an automatic backup, and so it probably locks the database for a short time (a few hours) as it backs it up. (at least this was what I heard from Steve last time I asked him about it.)