PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo listens to who? Wow thats a shock.

Mitchman
January 7th, 2009, 06:48 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=205357
By reading this you will see that apparently nintendo is actually listening to us fans. We are also supposedly the most passionate groups of fans. Well thank you captain obvious. Of course we are when your feeding us such great things as motion control or such a game like zelda or mario. So opinions? Well i can be damned. The only thing i want wii to have is support for larger SD cards and games from wiiware and such to be playable. And cause both the ds and wii have sd slots i would love an update where both wii and ds can play any means of VC goodies.

Fox♠
January 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I don't see how Nintendo hardcores are the most "passionate" fans, most stubborn, naive and just plain disillusioned sounds more accurate.

It's nice to see that they're gonna "listen". However EVERY company under the sun claims it listens, so Nintendo's gonna have to do more than make a promise to earn my trust over it.

Capt. Couch
January 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I don't see how Nintendo hardcores are the most "passionate" fans, most stubborn, naive and just plain disillusioned sounds more accurate.

Agreed, but hardcores of anything else can have the potential to be (360 hardcores can be quite disappointing; no matter how much they clamor for MGS4 to be released for 360, Konami will ignore them and continue to debate with each other on the subject).

The only time a company like Nintendo actually listens is if somebody complains about it enough, much like most other major companies in the world. In a sense, they're like FOX News, except Nintendo plays more hard-to-get.

We could clamor for many things from Nintendo, such as a better online service based off of Xbox Live, but it's just not happening until somebody complains about it enough. I suppose the ranting of no hard drive for the past two years has finally gotten to them.

TRIFORCE89
January 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Nintendo "listens" much more than you would think. They have scouts cruising popular fan sites and forums. Zentendo and GoNintendo are two examples. Someone might be here, you don't know. XD

However, listening doesn't mean that they'll follow those suggestions. It just means they're listening. I don't think they even have to listen if they're making money hand over fist. But, they do listen from time to time. That's why we got Twilight Princess.

Fox♠
January 9th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Agreed, but hardcores of anything else can have the potential to be (360 hardcores can be quite disappointing; no matter how much they clamor for MGS4 to be released for 360, Konami will ignore them and continue to debate with each other on the subject).

The only time a company like Nintendo actually listens is if somebody complains about it enough, much like most other major companies in the world. In a sense, they're like FOX News, except Nintendo plays more hard-to-get.

We could clamor for many things from Nintendo, such as a better online service based off of Xbox Live, but it's just not happening until somebody complains about it enough. I suppose the ranting of no hard drive for the past two years has finally gotten to them.

QFT

As for the company scouts things, every company has them. I dare say there's at least 1 Nintendo scout here, probably someone to do with GameFreak. There's probably a Sony and MS scout too.

conicteam
January 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
No wonder Nintendo almost got Ryan to voice Sonic in brawl.

Gumball Watterson
January 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
If that is true, then maybe they should keep SSBB characters as NINTENDO SSBB characters :/. Sonic was not that pretty.

However, this is what intrigued me:

We don't expect any major changes to Wii in the remaining years of its life, but we have high hopes for the next Nintendo console.

1. They already have the next console in Pre-planning
2. Think about the times Nintendo and fans have had "High Hopes" about products. They turn out very good. Like SSBB (except for Sonic). Even if the Wii can't be changed now, the next console can and will be better, and could even pay off all the wants fans have wanted from nintendo.

That is a very big hint. I just hope Sonic isn't kept :P.

Allstories
January 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Sonic was in Brawl BECAUSE Nintendo listened. Everyone and their mother wanted Sonic in Brawl before it was actually announced.

Ruphire
January 11th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It's nice they're paying attention to the fans but are they going to anything. Probably not.

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM
All companies can and do claim that they listen to their fans.. but that doesn't mean they'll do anything about it.

It just goes through one ear and out the other when it comes to companies listening to their fans.

Fox♠
January 13th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Sonic was in Brawl BECAUSE Nintendo listened. Everyone and their mother wanted Sonic in Brawl before it was actually announced.

And the fact it was a complete fan service for big $$$.