PDA

View Full Version : Something Tragic

Nytkoi
January 7th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Well, today at school, we were having a normal any other day. Me and my friends were laughing and doing our work, and introducing the new girl in our class. That is, until an hour ago...

Our teachers took us into a 6th grade teacher's old room, which was cleaned out. Then, the principal came in. We all thought is was just a lockdown. ( a lockdown is when someone comes into your school and sells things with out going to the office first. That means the person is a stranger and could harm the children. Then the teachers bring us all to a certain room and lock the door untill the get the Okay Sign in their walkie-talkies.)

Anyways, when we thought it was a lockdown. You see, I have a best friend. A year and a month ago, he was diagonsed with Lupus. (More information about this tragic sickness here (http://www.lupus.org/newsite/index.html).) But, at first it wasn't that serious. He was doing fine, and made friends (ie. Me) and played sports as usual. Yet, the first month, his mother hesitated about going outside becuase he was first showing symptoms of Lupus at a soccer game.

Now, back to the 'lockdown'. Well, it was no lockdown... On the last week of christmas break, this friend of me caught the flu, only making his serious sickness worse. So, it all resulted this morning.

He died.

It was very sad; I can't believe I'm bringing myself to type about this. All of the kids in our class started bawling, and after a few minutes, we were sent to our rooms. Note that this was after lunchtime. Soon, the principal called his best friends to have a talk with them. With suprise, she called out my name, Eneko's name, and someone else's. We went to the prinipal's and discussed what happened. It was very sad. Then, the teachers started asking their students if they wanted to leave. It's very logical to let us leave early; we were all crying so we couldn't focus on work.

And guess what? I had a dental appointment today o.o'

This thread is just to ask some other members if one of their close friends have passed away, and how tragic it was. Of course, if you don't feel like posting about it, that is perfectly fine with me.

CloudKitteh
January 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Rest in peace. I loved him.

Alli
January 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I have not had someone like that die, but I have had many taken away. I don't know how good a comparison that is...but, well, when they're taken away, you're only left to wonder and not know for sure. You don't know if they're sick, you don't know what they're like, if they've died, or even if they remember you, and I have a fear of being forgotten. So it is kind of a hard hitter.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for I'm sure, but that's the closest answer I can give you. Sorry to hear about this, though. I know it's not a fun thing to go through.

Edit: By "taken away", I'm referring to moving and literally being taken from where they were, for reasons best left unsaid. Use...imagination, I guess.

kidpunk
January 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Awww. May he rest in peace. I'm sure he is in a better place.

A good friend of mine was killed in a hit and run accident about a year ago. Thankfully, they caught the driver who took his life away.

Spinor
January 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Oh God. Everytime someone dies, it's like a piece of the earth falls apart, and the more that death is known, the lower the piece is, and the lower, the more effect it has. May he rest in peace and may you and your classmates recover from loss.

Never in my life have I ever lost anyone close to me. My life is a bundle of contradictions. *shot*

Yeah, my school life sucks, but my family life is very smooth and lucky. I don't know how it feels to loose someone.

Guillermo
January 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah... I've had that sort of incident with a good friend of mine, except he was stabbed three times in the heart. You could pretty much say he was murdered. It was a bit like this.

Everyone was crying their eyes out... even the people that didn't know him. We all found out on the Thursday of school, but it happened on a Wednesday. He went out to the city, got in a fight with someone and socked him in the nose. Then.. later that day, the dude stole a knife from a store and chased my friend through the city with this knife. Three people were stabbed, only my friend died. The person that murdered him just came out of hospital from being stabbed in the leg, and he's been charged with something like five years in jail. It's stupid.

Everyone was balling their eyes out, we had a huge memorial service and we even had the news there filming our school and I and some friends of mine ended up on the news, but you could only see the back of our heads. We had counsellers there to cheer us up and talk it through with us, a chapel area where we could sit and think about the good times we had with him and then the principal called over some of his good friends, Charles, myself and Dylan were the three that went over there. We, like yourself, left school early because we couldn't concentrate on work.

It sucks man, it really does. You'll get over it eventually though, so just hang in there and may he Rest in Peace.

Sora_8920
January 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Well..

I haven't had a close friend die, but may he rest in peace.

Nytkoi
January 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to see some people know how it feels. ;D Also; Kishouku: Murdered? I think that's worse then dieing from a sickness.

Icy42
January 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
That's so sad... ;_; It reminds of when one of my cats died. (She was like a best friend)

Gulpin
January 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
That is very sad, and must be very hard for you.

Recently, the brother of one of my friends died, and I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I wasn't able to go to the funeral, though, other kids in the class did.

May your friend rest in peace, and may his close friends and family get over this. But first, remeber what my dad always says:

When you are born they are crying and everyone else is laughing; When you die everyone is crying but you are laughing.

So, I'm sure your friend is laughing his head off [if he was like that] in heaven, having the best time of his life.

Idiot!
January 7th, 2009, 11:05 PM
My dog died. He died of disease, and during his final moments he walked out of the gate. My parents said he probably doesn't want the family to feel hurt by not dying in front of us.

>Feelings<
January 8th, 2009, 02:26 AM
May he rest in peace. I hope god looks up to the good sides of him.

I don't have much of a friend, so passing away is something out of thought.
I do remember a friend of mine passing away some years ago. Everytime I thought then, my eyes filled up.
I still can't make myself believe that he isn't anymore. It still feels like I'll get to talk to him tomorrow, or something.

An-chan
January 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Well, a friend of mine killed herself. She wasn't a particularly close friend for me, but I had known her for several years and spent a lot of time with her. She was a really funny and generally a happy person, so I had absolutely no idea she was going to kill herself. Yet, she did. Moreover, it wasn't one of those attention-seeking "attempted suicide gone wrong" things, because she didn't do it by taking an overdose of painkillers or sleeping pills or anything. She hanged herself. And she was only sixteen at the time. I've never been so shocked.

It's been over four years now and I still can't understand it. I can't help but to think whether I could have done something for her, something to prevent her from doing it. I still can't understand why'd she do something like that. It was not a thing I can imagine her doing. Yet, I can't help but to imagine what her parents saw when they found her body and how they must've felt. I don't think I can ever fully stop thinking about it. I wonder how her parents feel nowadays. I never cried, somehow I couldn't bring myself to cry over her death. I still don't feel like crying. I just feel like a huge, sad, shocked question mark.

It fades over time, though. Over time, you just forget those who have gone. I don't really know whether it's a good thing or not. In a way, it's kind of cruel to forget, but then again, you can't cry forever.

May your friend rest in peace. I hope mine does, too.

Dukey
January 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hmm. I honestly feel for you.
It's very sad when somebody so young has to leave.
May he forever be remembered for who he was.

Ruphire
January 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have never had that happen to me before but i'm really sorry for you.. I hope he rests in peace.

Michii
January 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM
A depressing thread. D:

Sorry for your loss, dear 'ol pair and Eneko, and for everyone else's losses too :/. It just shoes how fragile life really is, and how each day should be lived to the fullest. I'm sure your's and Eneko's friend was a great person who really saw the good in life, and it's a shame that he had to die so young. I'm sure he benefitted from having you guys as his closest friends though :].

I'm lucky enough to not have a friend lost to any illness, but I do have friends who have lost friends ( please get me? D: ). My almost sister in law's best friend committed suicide, resulting in my almost-sister-in-law's 'changing' to atheism. A kid who sits across from me in homeroom had his brother killed in August from a shooting. There was a girl in my elementary school who died of cancer, and another kid who had leukemia in 5th grade (I haven't heard about him in years, so I'm not sure if he's living). My best friend almost died from unknown diabetes, but he luckily survived after time in the ICU.

Tyrantrum
January 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
This has to be one of the saddest things I have read. ;_;
I even read aloud to my mom, and she thought it was sad too...

I never had one of my closest friends die in my life, but one of my cousin's friends was driving, and crashed into another car..killing the two people in the other car(two old ladies) and everyone in my cousin's friends car.

Worst of all, I barely knew this cousin of mine! :'O
It made me feel worse, cause I never really knew her.

Soul Eater
January 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
That's terrible. D: At least he's in a better place and I know that he will always be looking over you. :3

Anyway, in an-chan's situation, that happened to my cousin. She killed herself by overdosing in pills. It was tragic because she was very happy and didn't have any reason to go and do that. No one knows why she would end her life. D: She was very sweet and she even made this fleece blanket with me and I have picture of it to...

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll404/Yuusaki_Misayu/Bedroom%20pictures/d6477d1e.jpg

It's very special to me. <3

Tyrantrum
January 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
That's TERRIBLE! D':

I would like to say Rest. In. Peace to everyone's lost loved one.
And to everyone who has lost a loved one, never fret, they will be always be watching you and are in a much better place than where we are right now. :3

♣Gawain♣
January 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Rest in peace. I loved him.

Do you know that guy? O_o

Not one of my best friends died but my teacher in Chinese class died of cancer. She's considered my friend in my Grade school years.

kingofjokers
January 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
yea my dog dies it was a close friend and i think a girl i like who moved away and she died moving by a drunk driver i was sad and i was only 10 when this happen so I counldnt understand life like i do now

Honest
January 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Rest in Peace. Death is an enemy that always grips you in the end. Its hard, but we must mo on. May he be remembered.

Yu_&_Rei
January 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Oh no thats terrible! D: I'm really sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace.

Rellyms
January 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry for your lose. May that person rest in peace.

To Write Love On Her Arms
January 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have had a near death experience when I was a baby (like 3 months old) and stayed in hospital for well over 5 months with something called ectodermal dysplasia (I know, WTF?) and meningitis. I was on life support for about 4 months and the doctors thought I would NEVER survive (but I did) so I'm VERY lucky :)

Also speaking of which, my sister died when she was only one. My dad was walking her in the pram and my pop was working on his car and somehow is slipped into reverse and came down the driveway and knocked her out :(

If you don't know what ectodermal dysplasia OR meningitis is, search it on google or wikipedia.

h POKE
January 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
This is so depressing. It's beyond me. It's not right that kids like that should die so early on in their life.

I feel so sad right now, when at the same time so many people in my family have died as well...

s0nido
January 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
May your friend and all the others that died rest in peace. Death is truly a sad occurrence, and it hurts every time a close friend or family member dies. We can only wish the best for them and we have to console the people affected by their loss. I myself have never experienced a close friend or family member dying, though my grandfather did die when was two. I could imagine my father's grief for his father dying.

Tragedies like this always happen, and there isn't much we can do about them. We should always treasure the memories of the deceased, but we should also learn to move on, and we should know that the deceased person has moved on as well. Then we can find some sort of relief in their death. Who knows? Maybe their death can inspire us to do something in their name.

Once again, I wish peace for the people that have died, and I also wish peace for the people who were affected by loss.

Katnip
January 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I've only lost my grandpa when I was six, but I only met him once, so I didn't really remember him. Even so, I cried for at least a week, and I was sad for much longer. But a girl I know, she shared a sad story with me and some others a while back.

Her mother worked as a nanny, and so they lived in the houses of the children they were taking care of. There were two little boys, ages six and three. They had taken care of the three year old boy since he was a baby. One day, the girl decided to cut school with her friends. They drove around all day having a wild time. A few hours later, she got a call on her cell phone from her mother. The girl thought that her mother had found out about the ditch, so she ignored the call, but picked it up at the last minute. The moment she did, she knew something was terribly wrong. As it turned out, the three year old boy had been hospitalized and had died early that morning.

I really felt that girl's pain, not because someone really close to me had died, but because it was like waking up into a nightmare. I know what it feels like to have something so unreal happen that you feel like you're in a daze, and you can't think how you're going to get through it, wondering what will happen after it all. And I also wanted to say Rest in Peace, to the little three year old, to the boy with lupus, and to every other loved person who died.

CloudKitteh
January 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Do you know that guy? O_o

Not one of my best friends died but my teacher in Chinese class died of cancer. She's considered my friend in my Grade school years.

Yes I knew him. Me and Nytkoi are best friends.

-Link-
January 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for posting this Nytkoi... I miss him.

kissing. raindrops
January 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Honestly, although everyone's already said what I'm about to say, I still feel very sad for you. =[
Although I've never experienced anything like that, the closest experience would be someone who was the most important person of my life leaving me.. And I can't stop thinking or grieving over it.

Well, a friend of mine killed herself. She wasn't a particularly close friend for me, but I had known her for several years and spent a lot of time with her. She was a really funny and generally a happy person, so I had absolutely no idea she was going to kill herself. Yet, she did. Moreover, it wasn't one of those attention-seeking "attempted suicide gone wrong" things, because she didn't do it by taking an overdose of painkillers or sleeping pills or anything. She hanged herself. And she was only sixteen at the time. I've never been so shocked.

It's been over four years now and I still can't understand it. I can't help but to think whether I could have done something for her, something to prevent her from doing it. I still can't understand why'd she do something like that. It was not a thing I can imagine her doing. Yet, I can't help but to imagine what her parents saw when they found her body and how they must've felt. I don't think I can ever fully stop thinking about it. I wonder how her parents feel nowadays. I never cried, somehow I couldn't bring myself to cry over her death. I still don't feel like crying. I just feel like a huge, sad, shocked question mark.

It fades over time, though. Over time, you just forget those who have gone. I don't really know whether it's a good thing or not. In a way, it's kind of cruel to forget, but then again, you can't cry forever.

May your friend rest in peace. I hope mine does, too.

This actually almost brought me to tears ;___; I'm really sorry about that, and I think about how much that would hurt anyone to experience something like this and I couldn't imagine how much pain they would go through.

May both your friends RIP.

Ninja Aiden
January 10th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I feel so sorry for you. My he rest in peace forevermore.

My cat died on the 27th of december 2007 and I was heart broken. She died because she had problems with her heart. It tore me up inside and still does. Reading this thread does. I can't believe I am posting this. She was lovely and was 17. I miss her little clippy clacky on the wood floors and her loud bursts of meow. I gave her a cuddle a while before her putting down and it just tore me up because I knew she would be put down sometime soon. I miss her so much and still cry about her death. I don't wish she hadn't died because that would be cruel. She would have suffered a lot if she had stayed alive so... I am crying now. I love her and will always. I have to live with it. I feel really guilty for her death when I have nothing to do with it at all, I just do. I got had known her all my life. What am I saying? I have known her all my life and will never forget her, even if talk of her gets rare.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
i'm very sorry for you. hope all the people who have lost someone close are in a better place..

i remember last year, one of my closest freinds dad was diagnosed with cancer. at the time it wasn't too serious and everyone thought he'd be okay. however he died on november 24th, 2007. that is probably the closest i have to that sort of experience, as i'd known him well for several years, and gone on holiday with him twice...a lot of my older relatives were gone before i was born, so..there you go. i cried, but not much, because the last time i saw him, i said hello to him and just walked away. now i can think about all the other things i could have said to him, y'know?

An-chan
January 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Death is an enemy that always grips you in the end.

It's not always like that. My grandfather died at the age of 60 when I was twelve, pretty much exactly five years ago. I didn't know him particularly well, but he was dear to me nontheless. However, he had suffered from cancer for over twelve years by that time. When I was born, the doctors said he'd live for about two months, but he kept on fighting his disease for twelve long years. I bet it's because he was so stubborn (something I have inherited from him). Anyway, because he had been sick for so long, he was in pretty bad shape. For the last months of his life he was in constant pain. All his internal organs had began to stop functioning. He lost over 20 pounds or so, vomited blood, and so on. For the last three days, he was in a coma.

His wife was the only one of us to see him after he was dead, and she was really happy she did see him. After he had died, he finally looked like he wasn't in pain anymore. He had a peaceful expression on his face, she told us. And, frankly, we were almost relieved that he had died. All that suffering he had had to go trough was finally over for him. Of course, it was sad for us, but what had he to worry about? He was free. All the sadness - it was our problem, really.

Death is not an enemy. It can be thought as something like that when someone is murdered or dies suddently in an accident, but when someone dies after a long period of being sick, death is everything but an enemy. Besides, when people die, it's not like they should be sad about it themselves. There's not much to worry about when you're dead: depending on religion, you go to paradise, are born as something else or simply cease to exist. Mourning is a job for those who are left behind, who miss those who have gone. So, one should be concerned about the people close to the deceased instead of the one who has gone.

That's what I think, at least.

Ásh
January 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
R E S T I N P E A C E
i'm very sorry

Nytkoi
January 18th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I'd just like to post to say thanks to all of you. It means a lot :]

the bitter end.
January 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
This is truly sad. R.I.P. ...Person

Is it possible for a name to be associated with this entity? Or can you not do that.

Nytkoi
January 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Of course I can. His name was Jarred Christopher B[S-HIGHLIGHT][LAST NAME CENSORED][/S-HIGHLIGHT].

evilishan
January 19th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Death although it can range from painful to something you don't even feel, it is those around that feel the pain.

I understand how you feel, my grandfather, Hawk died a few weeks back (lung cancer).
I had a strong attachment to him and at time I felt I had lost a part of myself, like an organ.

I'm happy you've found the strength to tell everyone about it, keeping it to yourself just makes it worse.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
My condolences to you, my thoughts with your friend's family too. I hope you're able to cope well with the load... I'm very sorry, and wish the best for you and your friends.

I lost someone very special a tad more than a year ago... It was very sad. Though my way of seeing it now is remembering him and all the good moments we spent together, so instead of being down, I smile when I think of that person. I hope you're able to do it too, brother. My humble advice to you.

Nytkoi
January 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
Well, Thanks for giving such humble psots everyone, and it takes awhile, but I think I am pretty much over it. But sometimes, you just want to cry, even if you are in school, if you lost someone you love. (Not that I did xD;), and now that someone in our grade died, the teachers said we could go to the helpers whenever.

By the way, I feel sorry for everyone here as well. :]

Stronkadonk
January 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm very sorry about your loss.
I felt the same way with my dog, and some other family members.
Well, he wasn't exactly a friend of mine, but at the beginning of this past school year, but a Junior got hit by a car, and died an hour later.
Also, my neighbor and good friend has a good friend who has 3 different kinds of cancer, and is going to die soon.

1stGenNut
January 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
It's almost coming up to a year now since...my Nanna died. Reading this thread has actually got me crying a little bit inside. She was the first person in my life, who I remembered so clearly, was so close to, that passed away. I still can't get over the fact she's gone, she's no longer here. I loved her very much, but she was in pain, she was never well since she'd got knocked quite a few years ago. She was just so poorly, and maybe she was just too tired to fight for much longer.

Seeing my own mother break down in tears, holding me, saying what am I going to do now still tears me up inside, it still hurts, and the funeral was just as bad - I'm very attached to my cousins and my 3 eldest where there, and just seeing them completely crushed was the worst thing I've ever had to cope with.

I was one of the few family members who could really visit her on a regular basis - everyone else was generally too busy. I did little things with her, for her, just talked, and it gave me so much joy knowing she loved my company.

I guess one of the best things to remember about her in past days was the glorious smile on her face when she heard that my youngest cousin Theo, who had just been born that day, was coming in the next day to pay a visit. She looked so happy, so, so happy, I couldnt think of a better moment to remember her.

She only died aged 67.

And to everyone else posting in this thread, God Bless you. Your stories touched me a lot.