PDA

View Full Version : Best Memories of PC

Zorua
January 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm sort of recreating this thread from the dead, and seeing as there's no other thread like it... I sort of wanted to ask this question:

What was PC's best moment for you? I know this question may seem a bit too broad(at least for some of you), so let me narrow it down(no, I'm not calling people stupid, it's just that they might get confused or whatever):

Many events have happened in PokeCommunity, whether it be crazy, awesome, exciting, random, and whatnot. I know you've been here(hopefully) to at least witness one of these events happen. It may be the making of an epic thread, the making of an epic post, or a member getting staff'ed(..I really don't know if this counts as one, though. D: )

Well, at least hopefully you all know what I'm talking about. And I know I'm going to get some comment saying I'm making PC look like it's going to it's funeral. WELL IM TRYING TO BE CREATIVE, GUYS. XD

So what was PC's best moment for you? Also, I decided to throw an addition question of contrast: What was your best experience in PC?

Forever
January 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
So many best moments...

Since it's really hard to pick a favourite, imma choose three, deal with it. :3

April Fools 2006: It was one of the most exciting days (and kinda the best) The day began off with the entire forum black but I wanted to ost in my subscriptions and ignored the black, then decided to find out what was going on. I went to C/Q/F and saw the threads began flowing in. (At this point in time I wasn't aware of the screenshot button so basically I only have the memories.) A little while later, PC seemingly went back to normal however the top banner said "Todoroki's Community" (Which was based on PokeLink 2.0/Blue Variant @ that time.) Nobody could change skins and PC "supposedly" had a hacker. I was confused and didn't know what to believe. Although I barely remember this day, it was one of the best for me.

One year ago today: When the g00ns decided to hack PC and left a Mudkip image on the index. It was funnier more than exciting, so yeah.

Post counts: This day wasn't special to many people, however, it was completely funny that they would take away post counts in a couple of threads though I'm not going to fully explain... stuff relating to it.

And those were the best moments imo. And experience? Trying to count to a concept. Duh.

devilicious
January 7th, 2009, 08:20 PM
If one single thread could describe the best times I had around here, it would be this one. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2984)

Honorable mentions to The Family Thread and the old DCCs.

Gumball Watterson
January 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
My best memory? Well, maybe when I got 500 post count? Somehow, I wasn't as excited when I got to 1,000. Must've been maturity issues.

Maybe the day Serebii was hacked. That day was awesome, I could go nowhere except PC.

GKS
January 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Maybe the first time I found out about PC while looking through the web for tom hacking tools. I remember joining and being scared of even posting, those were the good old days, lol. Now it feels perfectly natural and nothing seems to surprise me here (I liked it better when there were so many mysteries and sections that I never been to).

>Feelings<
January 8th, 2009, 03:28 AM
The best memories of PC for me was the times when I first joined and almost everyone seemed to be very friendly.
Now, most people are turning unfriendly in the name of "maturity", but that's just my opinion. Yeah, those were the times...

Sora_8920
January 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Probably when I first joined and a bit later on in S&M. D:

ErickaVolt
January 8th, 2009, 05:17 AM
My best memories would be when I spent my 1st Christmas here [usually just facing the computer xD] and New Year. And of course the day that I joined here too.

Tater Tot
January 8th, 2009, 06:19 AM
April Fools 2008: The noobs actually thought that they had become moderators, lawl.

Summer of 2005: I'll look up the exact date when I'm not so lazy. I joined! I called Brandon my Brother from another Mother, and he set off in rage. XD

Summer of 2005: The Teen titans fan club was great. I'll never forget it.

October of 2006: Brandon was modded.... I think. :x

September 24, 2008: I became a PC Supporter, and I got a big Birthday thread. : D

January 26th, 2008: I got my first Fan Club. : D

There are more that I'm not thinking of.

Melody
January 8th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Most of 2007: I not only had tons of friends, but I fell in and out of pairings and such, and really got into PC
April fools 2008: Lmao, that day was just so awesome. Everyone thought they had mod. It was pretty cool to wear the red of a staff admin for a day too. XD

Volkner's Apprentice
January 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
April fools 2008 was sooo funny. I logged on, looked at my name, and just shook my head. Meanwhile my friend was like, "OMG RYAN IMAMODD" XDD

Opening the Extreme Speed Open Tournament in the Battle Stadium was pretty fun and memorable. It'd been awhile since PC had a great unique tournament and this worked wonders.

My first year here was a fun experience; a learning process surrounded by a bunch of helpful individuals. I do remember a lot more happy faces around, though, it's a shame some members have long gone away. =[ Not that you guys aren't a bunch of happy people!

Alakazam17
January 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Yes, April Fool's 2008 was an awesome point in PC history. On that day, I changed my MSN name to "PC's newest Moderator" and months later a friend of mine told me that he thought I was serious. xD

I guess another milestone is when I got a PM asking me if I could start the PC WiFi Tournament, in the soon-to-be-created WiFi forum. =D

Also that day in September 2007 when I finally got my WiFi hooked up for the first time. My first ever battles were against Ichaste Pekoni & Richard Lynch. I won the former and lost the latter. XD

Oh, and of course I have to mention something that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet: the day we were given custom profile powers, including the ability to send VM's. :D

Aurafire
January 8th, 2009, 11:32 AM
April fools 2008 was sooo funny. I logged on, looked at my name, and just shook my head. Meanwhile my friend was like, "OMG RYAN IMAMODD" XDD

Opening the Extreme Speed Open Tournament in the Battle Stadium was pretty fun and memorable. It'd been awhile since PC had a great unique tournament and this worked wonders.

My first year here was a fun experience; a learning process surrounded by a bunch of helpful individuals. I do remember a lot more happy faces around, though, it's a shame some members have long gone away. =[ Not that you guys aren't a bunch of happy people!

Aren't you forgetting those tasty apple turnovers? XD

Wow, so many great memories here:

1. Getting the Extreme Speed Open up and running. After the first tournament was over, it was a great sense of accomplishment, and we're still going strong today =D

2. Winning the PC Wifi tourney...It was such an honor to be named with all those great battlers of PC. I was pretty much in shock after I won. =P

3. And of course, ongoing memories will always continue to be made with all the great friends I've met here. I'd name you all, but there's probably too many of you and I'll save you the embarrassment XD

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, but there will definitely be more memories to come!

Rellyms
January 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
11/4/08- Met TwilightBlade

2007- Met Zachary

Dec 08 Met Kidd

July 6, 07 Joined PC

JX Valentine
January 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM
April Fools 2008: The noobs actually thought that they had become moderators, lawl.

Word. And then the massive thread of spammy chat in Announcements to joke about it. That was full of fun times.

It helps, of course, that the attachment was a comment somewhere in the mass of posts. (No, not pointing at mine. The quote.)

Also, the time the people in the PFF got so rowdy we formed our own pairing... with over ten subjects. Some of which were inanimate objects. (I'm not kidding.)

♣Gawain♣
January 8th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Last year April fools, about 50% of the members are actually fooled by just looking into the Moderator tags under their Usernames!

Dukey
January 9th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Well. I haven't really been here long enough to have many memories.
But I heard about Apr. Fools 08 from Beachy, it sounded hilarious.
But, I guess chatting with Umbreon, my now best/one of my best friends.

Zorua
January 9th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Okay. Let me start building up my list:

April 23, 2005 - I joined PC. Needless to say, I was a huge idiot.. Yes, you can ask the other veterans that actually knew me back then.

April 1st, 2008 - The joke the staff played on us was pretty hilarious, to say the least. It was in some ways predictable, but still funny.

Some other date that's completely unknown. Most likely sometime in 2007 - Met Twilightblade. :D

April 1st, 2006/7 - Can't remember the exact year off the top of my head now, but it's during the time when there was this fake hacker controlled by the staff and PC was all black and stuff. I can safely say that I did overreact during that time.

And all of the times where I've first met my friends that are now currently higher staff/staff: Matt, Luke, Christina, Jake, Erica(even though I've hardly talked to her. XD), Ray, and Christos. I believe there are some others that I've failed to mention, but don't be mad at me if I do forget ;__;

Mooshykris
January 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM
April fools 2008 was great, I didn't know what was going on. I thought it was a glitch in the system originally :P

~Mooshykris

Netto Azure
January 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Well I haven't been here long enough to have "Best of" Memories...But I think it was during the US Election campaigns and we were arguing over the (smallest?) of things. =P
Now I just annoy Aura with chat's everyday after initially apologizing. XD

I wonder how April Fools 2009 will look like... =D I hope it's something scary yet funny. ^_^

Horizon
January 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Being modded was mine. It was completely out of blue and had no idea that I'd done enough to merit such an honour.

I was both suprised and delighted at the same time. =D