PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: A simple thought

XaRhS
January 9th, 2009, 02:34 AM
When someone wants to delete his post/posts,he has to go to the ''edit'' button and then delete it.It would be easier and more comfortable if the ''delete'' button was placed along with the others,so we can delete fast.So?

Eon-Rider
January 9th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Are you saying you really don't have time to wait 2 seconds?

Zorua
January 9th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Even if we "clicked" this delete button, wouldn't we have to verify it first, by some means? And then put the deletion reason, if possible? It wouldn't be any different than just clicking edit and then delete, y'know.

XaRhS
January 9th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Are you saying you really don't have time to wait 2 seconds?

Look,my connection is fast,i can't question that,but i just had a simple thought.If you do not approve,then it's ok.

beauty. proletariat
January 9th, 2009, 03:47 AM
I can see one problem like more images having to be made which costs time more then anything, then maybe the bandwitch (maybe not since its a tiny file)

But on the contrary of the other replies, this isnt pointless because people that are capped or using (heaven forbid) dialup will get things done quicker (though for dialups a "mobile pokecommunity" would suffice...

Archer
January 9th, 2009, 04:39 AM
I can see one problem like more images having to be made which costs time more then anything, then maybe the bandwitch (maybe not since its a tiny file)

But on the contrary of the other replies, this isnt pointless because people that are capped or using (heaven forbid) dialup will get things done quicker (though for dialups a "mobile pokecommunity" would suffice...

Huh? What does that have to do with the topic? Besides, you can just disable Sigs ffom the User CP.

JX Valentine
January 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Even if we "clicked" this delete button, wouldn't we have to verify it first, by some means? And then put the deletion reason, if possible? It wouldn't be any different than just clicking edit and then delete, y'know.

Agreed. Sure, you'd shave off a few seconds by putting a button right up front, but you'd make up for that in the verification form. Especially if you're anal like me and want to fill out a reason for deletion.

To be honest, I've got dial-up (for the "it'd be quicker for a dial-up" argument), and I really don't mind having the deletion menu on the edit form. Yes, sometimes, the edit form decides to be stupid on my computer and take more seconds than it really should to load, but once I get there, it's only a matter of one or two seconds after that to bring up the deletion menu. I'd imagine that it'd take the same amount of time to load a separate deletion menu either way, really, if loading the edit one takes that long.

It's really convenient to have it on the edit menu anyway because while I'm waiting for it to load anyway because I have to look at the post I've made. The reason why I say that's convenient is because while I'm waiting for the edit/delete box to pop up, I can decide whether I want to keep the post but make a few changes or delete -- or, if I'm sure I want to delete, I can think of a reason for deletion (because I'm anal and always inclined to write one).

So, for the "it'd be more convenient for the dial-up users" argument, speaking as a dial-up user, I really don't care either way. 'Course, I'm also not every dial-up user. I'm just putting in my two cents concerning that little part of the thread.

Kazukii
January 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Is it really nessecairy? I'm not so sure.

XaRhS
January 9th, 2009, 01:35 PM
If you have a slow connection,yes it is,i think.

Virtual Chatot
January 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
You could try thinking before you post something, that always works.

XaRhS
January 9th, 2009, 02:08 PM
And you could try saying things more politely,that always works.Plus,i said ''i think'',i'm not sure about it.Now,let someone close this thread,it has no point anymore.

Virtual Chatot
January 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
And you could try saying things more politely,that always works.Plus,i said ''i think'',i'm not sure about it.Now,let someone close this thread,it has no point anymore.Fairly sure I didn't cuss or mock at you, learn to take things lightly skippy, I have every right to say what I did.