PDA

View Full Version : Collection Forum?

Armaina
January 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Alright so I know I'm kinda new here but I was looking around and I couldn't find any sort of 'collections' thread, you know something were we can post pictures of our pokémon merchandise collections and what not.

I for one am a rather avid collector, and I have a feeling there are probably many other collectors in the community as well, so I think it might be fun a thread where we can discuss things such as our collections, good deals on hard to find merchandise, or talking about new merchandise in general.

King Goodra
January 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Why don't you make a collectors social group (http://www.pokecommunity.com/group.php?do=create) and add pictures that you upload to one of your albums (which you can make by clicking here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?do=addalbum))? That sounds the best decision to make when wanting to showcase your collection and get others to see that as well.

If you're interested in trading actual merchandise, go somewhere else... like Ebay.

Armaina
January 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Why don't you make a collectors social group and add pictures that you upload to one of your albums (which you can make by clicking here)? That sounds the best decision to make when wanting to showcase your collection and get others to see that as well.

If you're interested in trading actual merchandise, go somewhere else... like Ebay.
Well I wasn't asking about actual -buying-, more just sharing collection photos and discussion because those of us collectors enjoy sharing and seeing collections as well as discussing new releases, since it seemed like a topic that would be large enough to warrant a forum.

Cherrim
January 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately, the collection side of the fandom isn't too strong here. :[ Threads on the subject don't usually last too long themselves (and usually only have a handful of people posting in them, if that) so an all-out forum for it just seems like overkill.

We're going to be rehauling the social groups tool soon I... think, but that's always an option like Aurapostle said. Alternatively you could start a group in the Pokémon Groups forum.

Armaina
January 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately, the collection side of the fandom isn't too strong here. :[ Threads on the subject don't usually last too long themselves (and usually only have a handful of people posting in them, if that) so an all-out forum for it just seems like overkill.

We're going to be rehauling the social groups tool soon I... think, but that's always an option like Aurapostle said. Alternatively you could start a group in the Pokémon Groups forum.
Awww that's a shame. Though interested to see in how the social groups tool is updated, would be nice to have something more 'forum' like so things can be divided into threads, so it can be a lot more organized.

Melody
January 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
In the meantime you can always drop a few collection threads into Pokemon General (and possibly a collector group thread in the Other Groups section) as well as the social group and see if you get any bites.

Dark Sakurati
January 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Um...Well I got a Collectables thread in my signature where you can discuss things like that, visit if you want...It's kinda nearly dead, so...XD