PDA

View Full Version : American games on Aus DS

Ouch, stop shocking me, Chinchou.
January 10th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Is this possible? is it possible to play a game (platinum :> ) thats imported from America on an Australian DS? I don't want to wait AGESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Please help me out, (I am almost certain that u can, I just need to be certain)

processr
January 10th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Yep, DS games are region-free. It's perfectly possible to play American game cards on Australian DS system (and indeed it's possible with any game card on any system).

Route 18
January 10th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Duh. Why wouldn't they??

devilicious
January 10th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Duh. Why wouldn't they??

Because some consoles are region-locked, including the DSi.

So, as long as you're using the original DS or the DS Lite, you should have no problems playing a NTSC version of Platinum.

Route 18
January 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Because some consoles are region-locked, including the DSi.

The DSi is not region-locked! Many handhelds aren't region-locked because they don't require different frame rates, unlike TV-based consoles.

pkmnhippy
January 10th, 2009, 03:35 AM
The DSi is not region-locked! Many handhelds aren't region-locked because they don't require different frame rates, unlike TV-based consoles.

Nope, Nintendo Region Locked them, also you can't use R4s on them.

processr
January 10th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Nope, Nintendo Region Locked them, also you can't use R4s on them.

The DSi isn't region locked for actual games, as reported here (http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/03/dsi-taken-for-a-spin-wept-over-for-lack-of-homebrew/), but the article does confirm that the R4 did not work. Presumably Nintendo have engineered the DSi to stop the use of such peripherals (though no doubt new ones will spring up at some point).

Mitchman
January 10th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Isnt the Dsware only region locked and online games? I mean if i remember the example correctly you cant use the online functions of an american version of platinum on a european DSi cause the built in wifi is more secure and region wise.

Ouch, stop shocking me, Chinchou.
January 10th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I was like 99% sure that you could, my bro and dad was like u can't! because of the area code! I was like wtf I knew that you could, I just had to be 100% certain

Thanks guys :) I'm getting Platinum whenever it comes out in America! (22nd March) :>

processr
January 10th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I was like 99% sure that you could, my bro and dad was like u can't! because of the area code! I was like wtf I knew that you could, I just had to be 100% certain

Thanks guys :) I'm getting Platinum whenever it comes out in America! (22nd March) :>

Glad to have been of help. =]