PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament: Favorite Game of Series?

Capt. Couch
January 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
So, anybody else play? If that's the case, what's your favorite game?

I have to say that the original UT99 is the best out of all of the series. It feels a lot like fast-paced Half-Life online and still keeps its sheen after ten years of nonstop carnage.

On a different note, UT99 was also the first FPS and M-rated game I ever played, which was at age six. Having been introduced to a highly graphic game at such an early age, I have to say it actually began to train my mind to teach me the consequences of violence and that when somebody dies, there's no respawning (which I learned through 1-life Last Man Standing matches X|). Regardless, it didn't detract from the awesome and endless Saturday nights I spent with a few of my friends playing LAN matches which turned me into a hardcore gamer before the age of ten. :D

Fenrir Reki
January 10th, 2009, 06:29 PM
My favorite is UT 3. It's fun playing vehicle ctf and playing against other people online with all the different weapons. Other then that, I don't really remember the other UT games.

Aurafire
January 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Oh the hours I wasted on UT 2004's RPG servers. Now that was great fun. I picked up UT 3 but it just wasn't the same for some reason. I pretty much lived for invasion RPG. I actually got the highest level player on one of the more popular servers and was well known on many others. Sadly, I can't seem to find any good servers anymore, so I decided to quit RPGing. I played a fair amount of Onslaught as well, and since the only map I liked was torlan, the only server I played on was 32 players and the map kept looping back to torlan. =P... I don't play anymore though....but it was an excellent game, the best imo. ^___^