PDA

View Full Version : Cats?

s0nido
January 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Do you have a cat? I do. They are cute pets to own, and unlike dogs, they don't need so much attention. You only need to play with them for 10 minutes a day and they'll look after themselves for the rest of the day. Sure, you have to feed them, but that isn't really a big problem, especially when your cat hunts its own food.

What do you think about cats?

Spinor
January 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM
My friend had a cat. I had to admit, they are cute and very easy to mantain. But I don't like to have any in my house anyways because they are more destructive than dogs on average. Because dogs can actually be fixed (oh god) trained to not destroy.

AuraAshley
January 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
i love cats, my BF has one. it think they are so cute when you play with them and the attack your hand XD

Kirakas.
January 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I've always wanted a cat, but my parents never let me have one. Their argument was that they were too difficult to potty-train.

I had one for the shortest time; my aunt found a feral pregnant cat, and took care of her until she gave birth to three kittens. Me and two of my cousins kept them-- over at my grandma's place, where my aunt and a few other relatives were staying-- for about two and a half weeks. (I kept the prettiest little white kitten. :3 It had a yellow spot on its head.) Then, for some reason, my uncle decided that we were 'getting too attatched to them', so he sold them to some random person on the street. >>; Yeah.

♣Gawain♣
January 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I have a Egyptian Mau if you ask one. Cat's are way cooler than dogs, and more intelligent too.

dewey
January 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM
i have a cat. lol i bought him outside of a walmart for $10. when he was only 8wks. now he's goin on 4 years XD.
p.s. cats are win, that is all XD

Ayano Hana
January 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I really like cats, but since we have a dog, I can't really have one. Though, I suppose I get enough cats when I go to my grandmother's house. She has 7 inside cats, and 4 outside cats that she's trying to catch. x_x

Cassino
January 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I think it's exactly the lack of dependence that makes a cat seem much less like a pet, and more like they're using their carer for food and shelter. Of course it's not a concious wrongdoing though, they're not sapient.
I'm not keen on cats, they don't do nearly enough to win my affection.

I really like cats, but since we have a dog, I can't really have one. Though, I suppose I get enough cats when I go to my grandmother's house. She has 7 inside cats, and 4 outside cats that she's trying to catch. x_x
¿

I have a dog and cat, they gey along fine; and the dog goes after cats it doesn't know, so I think it's just a case of letting the two animals bond.

Saltare.
January 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I have a kitty cat! Her name is Shelby. I love her with all my heart. But I also have 2 dogs she likes to attack. She is awsome my cat, she does backflips xP

s0nido
January 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I've always wanted a cat, but my parents never let me have one. Their argument was that they were too difficult to potty-train.

Quite the opposite actually. Cats have in-built potty training. All they need is a litter tray and dirt.
My cat is a Domestic Long Hair, and since he's a kitten (six months) he is very active. He's also very unusual. If you surprise him, he jumps six inches into the air. Other times, he does a backroll and bolts off. But usually, he's not very scared of other humans who don't have other cats. He doesn't like humans who have other cats because he smells their scent. And every time he finishes his wondering, he runs to me.

~Kavin~
January 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I used to have one. IMO cats are pretty cool. Not sure I would be able to choose between an adorable puppy or an adorable kitten though.

Volknerz
January 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I have a cat but mine just comes home to eat and then he leaves with his friends, but in cute wise i say a puppy but as in intellegence i say CAts.

s0nido
January 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I used to have one. IMO cats are pretty cool. Not sure I would be able to choose between an adorable puppy or an adorable kitten though.
Dude, go with the cat. They are adorable. And dogs are unhygienic. Though they make very good playmates. I had this dog in Ethiopia who would always come to me in the mornings and want me to feed him bread. I would throw bread to him and he would leap for it.

CartoonJunkie
January 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not really a cat person, but my sister has three cats and I absolutely love them. She has a mother cat and two kittens that she adopted. The mother we just call Mommy Cat and the kittens are Monster and Zombie. I personally would rather have a dog any day but I do like to play with my sisters cats.

Evilyn
January 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I have one, she likes to walk on the keyboard when I'm typing... Like now. She was my other Cat's kitten but her mum passed away two years ago.

Guillermo
January 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I have four cats and I love them all to death. Although I prefer dogs, cats still mean just as much to me. I love the big cats like the lion and tiger, they're my favourite animals. Cats fur is so soft and it's fun to play with them for a little bit because they go crazy over toys.

storm393
January 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM
im with kishoku i like dogs better, anyways i did have one cat but it was from the wild and very mean.

Sexycheese
January 12th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Cats? CATS?!?!?!

KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!

That hives my opinion, dogs rule!

An-chan
January 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Cats? CATS?!?!?!

KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!

Isn't that, you know, spamming/flaming?

Anyway, my cat, the son of our older cat, definitely isn't one of those cats that look after themselves. He's always hanging either around me or his dad, really. If I'm not around, he goes to sleep next to his dad and when I come back, he starts following me again. Also, whenever someone goes to kitchen, he's there, begging for food. And about half of the time I spend at home while I'm awake is spent sitting on my bed because that darn cat comes to sleep on my lap! He's doing it right now and I should be going soon.

So, my cat is a very un-typical cat. We also have a dog, and even though I have nothing against any dog, I have to admit I'm more of a cat-person, really. I'm too lazy for dogs :laugh:

Evilyn
January 12th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Cats? CATS?!?!?!

KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!

You know, that's kind of insulting if you ask me. If you can't put it nicely then don't do it. :/

txteclipse
January 12th, 2009, 06:16 AM
My cat constantly tries to kill me. I still like him, though.

♣Gawain♣
January 12th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cats? CATS?!?!?!

KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!
KILL ALL CATS!

Why would anybody say that? If mean hives of the bees, go get some!

Tater Tot
January 12th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Cats are the best; they always will be in my opinion. :3

Mine: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=1724
^the one on the right died the first of October.

I still have Bubba though. :3 He's overweight, but he's fine. He's one great cat. God blessed us when we got those two. And of course, there's the one that lives outside, Black Kitty. XD We haven't seen him in awhile, he lives with our neighbors now. XD

Gold warehouse
January 12th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I used to have 2 cats, one was so regal she practically demanded to be worshipped just by looking at you, she was the queen of the house and made sure you knew it; then that all changed when it was play time, she would go crazy and chase her tail and her favourite game was hide and seek xD I was very sad when she died. The other cat really wanted just as much attention as her sibling but she didn't get it so started to find other ways to get attention, my mum isn't really good with animals so just ignored it and threw her out the house if she did something like dribble all over the bed or leave a dead animal on the kitchen floor. I decided to give her the attention while my mum and brother concentrated on our first cat; my mum couldn't believe how well behaved she suddenly became, it's not hard to please animals if you have a vague idea of what you're doing. The 2nd died shortly after the 1st despite being 3 years younger.

That was 8 years ago, I'm getting 2 new kittens this year; but these kittens are mine, not my mums so the training is up to me.

the bitter end.
January 12th, 2009, 08:51 AM
My friend had a cat. I had to admit, they are cute and very easy to mantain. But I don't like to have any in my house anyways because they are more destructive than dogs on average. Because dogs can actually be fixed (oh god) trained to not destroy.

But my cat is fixed... Cats can too, and they can have their front claws taken out so they can't destroy.

Gold warehouse
January 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
But my cat is fixed... Cats can too, and they can have their front claws taken out so they can't destroy.

Please don't declaw your cat :surprised: imagine having your nails taken out? They don't just take the claws they take away parts of the bone aswell and it's very painful. Here in Europe it is an act of animal cruelty and illegal and I wish it was in the USA aswell. Get a scratching post instead.

the bitter end.
January 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
My parents already did 0.0

It's going to die soon any ways though, it's 20 in Human Years, that's older than me.

Kaasknaller
January 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Cats are cute (well not as cute as rats, but anyway cute) I have two cats, mother and son.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I would really like a cat, but health problems prevent me from having any sort of pet:/ If I could, though, I would have a cat as my first choice. Kitties FTW!

>Feelings<
January 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Cats... are cute. Good to have as pet, though hard to find a decent natured one.

It's true that I had a cat too, a black one with greenish eyes.
Surprisingly, it was one of the only few that never destroyed things or didn't have any kind of violent nature.
Maybe it's because I took it as my pet right some days after it was born, and it grew up to be different...

Black Omega Zero
January 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I have 3 cats, and the 3 are cute, and they're different from ordinary cats... one demands attention (more than a dog), the next one eats the other's food, and also likes things like cheese and yoghurt, also normal chicken, and obviously, fish; and the third one is really timid and small, it only weighs 7 pounds, and is 7 years old!

Tater Tot
January 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
My parents already did 0.0

It's going to die soon any ways though, it's 20 in Human Years, that's older than me.

Um.. what? Do you mean cat years? In human years, my cat is 88. o_o 17 in cat years. If it's only 20 in human years, it should live much longer than that. Of course, nothing's for sure. My cat Brady died six months after he turned 1. :x

wolf
January 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I have two cats and I love them! Although, I am more over a dog person than a cat person. One thing I like about cats is that they don't stink up the room and so on. They are independent, but dogs can be too if you train them to be.

Gulpin
January 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, I have cats. I actually have four. They don't mess anything up and they are easy to care for and maintain; easier than dogs, in my opinion.

Jorah
January 13th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I can't have pets because my mum is allergic (to all kinds of fur, apparently :/) I would want a cat if I could get one, though. Porbably a Birman one, there's this Birman cat that lives in a house not far from us and it is the cutest cat I have ever seen. It's blue eyes are just...wow. Really, really bright blue that it's surprising when you look at them. And they're really furry and white. They look really expensive, though.

Starway
January 13th, 2009, 02:14 PM
My parents won't let me get a cat besides I don't really like em', I like dogs better XD

Volkner's Apprentice
January 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cats are fun and furry, just not playful enough for me. I prefer dogs by a bunch, heh.

Yamikarasu
January 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I have a cat, but honestly I wouldn't mind not having one, since he's really my mom's. As I've said on a different snake-related thread I'm not really a pet person.

Not that I don't like my cat, I mean it will be terrible when he dies, but for example just a few minutes ago he wouldn't stop meowing so I had to let him outside, and now he's just going to want to come in again in a few minutes, and then go back outside, etc. :(

s0nido
January 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cats... are cute. Good to have as pet, though hard to find a decent natured one.

It's true that I had a cat too, a black one with greenish eyes.
Surprisingly, it was one of the only few that never destroyed things or didn't have any kind of violent nature.
Maybe it's because I took it as my pet right some days after it was born, and it grew up to be different...
I got my cat six weeks after it was born, and it claws at everything.

Cats are fun and furry, just not playful enough for me. I prefer dogs by a bunch, heh.
Meh, just throw a paper ball at it and it'll be playing for ages.

kissing. raindrops
January 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I <3 cats! =p
Although, my parents won't let me get any pets =[
I've asked for a dog/cat, but they won't let me get any pets. So I'm just gonna get a cat and a dog once I move out and own a place. =]

Kite Katsumi
January 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I have 7 cats. They're all menaces and get into trouble as often as possible. All of them. Bah. They destroy almost everything they get their claws on.
I don't know about 10 minutes of attention a day. Mine demand attention every time they see someone (meowing, jumping right into your lap, clawing at you trying to pull you over, etc). At least my cats are all rescues, its good that they're no longer fending for themselves outside. They're nice and all...but I'll take my dogs over my cats anyday. :/ Not meant to offend anyone..but you asked what we think about cats...so. I told you what I think. :3

Tyrantrum
January 13th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I have two~♥
I still need to get pictures of them on here...

I have a fat, golden-like one, named Puss. She is very friendly, but also a scaredy cat! XD
And a black one, named Peanuts. She is very cute(like Puss), but also can be a little...jerk. Can't say the 'B' word! XD

Take note, they are both girls and I did not name them~

bubblewrap
January 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
My cat died of FIP. His name was Jayjay, and I still feel really guilty for not taking him to the vet earlier. I tried researching on it, and it said things like, "If you cat has FIP it's a death sentence.." and other horrible things like that. I really don't know how he got sick. He just got more lethargic and refused to eat. I really hope they find a cure on FIP. :(

basselope7
January 15th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I love cats, but sadly my grandma won't let me have one. T_T I used to have a kitten, but he ran away, and I've had other cats in my life, but they're all gone now (not necessarily dead). I have a dog who acts like a cat though, so that's good.

You know, I was going through some old photo albums of when my mom was a kid, and apparently one of my aunt's friends had a cat named Kitty Cat Cat. I think that's a mean name to give to a cat, it's worse than not naming it at all. If I were him, I would have clawed out my owners' eyes.

Tater Tot
January 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
My cat died of FIP. His name was Jayjay, and I still feel really guilty for not taking him to the vet earlier. I tried researching on it, and it said things like, "If you cat has FIP it's a death sentence.." and other horrible things like that. I really don't know how he got sick. He just got more lethargic and refused to eat. I really hope they find a cure on FIP. :(

Oh no, FIP? D: My Aunt's cat, Pancakes died of FIP. I'm so sorry. ;; My cat Brady died of a lot of things. XD Cancer, Anemia and a Heart Murmur. :x

Megaera
January 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I love cats but my mom doesn't like it so I don't have but I want one.

Amaruuk
January 25th, 2009, 11:55 PM
My mother has always had cats, so I grew up with them since I was 2, when my parents got our family's first pet, a Himalayan we named "Taco B" I guess because my parents liked Taco Bell, lol. He had to be put down when he was 13 because something unexplained was wrong with him and making him suffer, and the only other option would have been exploratory surgery.

A year later we got a new kitten, a Ragdoll named Button, and the following year we got another from the same breeder. The second one, Link, was a runt, and had obvious back problems among other things. Since he was tiny and didn't move around much, mom accidentally backed over him with her wheelchair one day and he died before anyone could get him to the vet.

One year later, mom had recovered from the loss enough to want to get a new kitten, again from the same breeder. That time we got a female kitten, Ruby, and now she and her big brother Button are all grown up, and will be 4 and 6 years old this year respectively. I've always liked to think of Ruby as my baby sister, since I have no human sisters, just brothers.

My dad, who has been divorced from mom since I was 12, actually got a cat himself shortly after I moved away to college. Fish and birds are the pets he generally keeps. She's an older cat, black and white like a cow, but with vivid green eyes. I don't remember if he ever decided on her name yet, lol.

Late last summer, as I was preparing to finally leave student housing and get my own apartment, I was with a friend who lives in the complex and found a cat in the parking lot. This complex actually has a fair few cats roaming about, though it's hard to say if they're strays or not. A woman saw us petting the cat, and started talking about how some people had moved away and just left him. I thought at that moment that I ought to take this cat in, and that's just what I did. At first he scarfed down food voraciously as if he hadn't eaten in ages, but he soon got better. Plus, he automatically knew what the litter box was, so that's never been a problem. He's neutered, got all his shots, and tested negative for any big diseases, so he's a lucky one. My friends and I decided his name should be Pizza Hut, so that's what his name is. He's a big, strong, tough guy now, loves to play, and fears nothing but the vaccuum cleaner. He loves cardboard boxes to death, and I even made a fort for him out of a couple. This past Christmas, I even got him a stocking. I never plan to have children, so I'd like to think of pets as such instead, since I think of them as siblings, too. I guess that makes my little sister Ruby Pizza Hut's aunt! XD

deliriouspurple
January 26th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I myself had a cat once but for now I don't have one because of my little brother.

Aizuke
January 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Cats are cool. I have one. He's called Shadow. :D I had him when he was a baby, because his mother was the original cat I owned, and she had kittens. His litter was awesome, they were such friendly kittens and would follow me to school. XD; But we had to give them away, since having a lot of cats would be crazy. But there was something about Shadow that clicked with me. Everyone offered to take him home, but I refused so he started with me and my family. After that, all the litter his mother had after, were all mean, so we had to give them away. Unfortunately his mother ran away, but Shadow's still with me and it's been around 5 years now. They always say dog is man best's friend, in my case, that's wrong. Shadow is the best friend I could ever have, and I don't know what I'd do without him.

devilicious
January 26th, 2009, 05:20 AM
I've always had cats in my house.

Even before I was born, my parents already had one. Then, when I was 5, we got another one, and when I was 8, two more. Two years later we adopted three other cats from the street.

But now we only keep two of them: Yuki, a persian, and Feia, an american short hair. :3