PDA

View Full Version : How has this forum affected you?

Counterfeit
January 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
For some of you being here may not have changed you at all, but for most of you I'd expect that being a member here has changed you in some way or another.
Personally this forum has changed me greatly.

The first thing, and possibly most noticeable on here is that it has helped me with is my sentence structure and general wording.
(Paragraphing is still wasted one me however. xD)

Another thing is I believe (Without sounding boastful) that I have have gained a much sharper wit, which I have then been able to transfer to real life which has influenced a great deal of things for the better.

Lastly I can't forget SoTW, it has continuously challenged me to come up with interesting ideas while also improving my graphical and photography skills.

How has being here changed you? Was it for the better or for worse?

Cascade'A Stupidity
January 12th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Much worse.

I'm busier now...

Also busier with 'other things' but that's beside the point. ;)

Mitchman
January 12th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Worse. I got addicted and my grades drop. But im slowly getting less and less addicted. I mean life has gon great for the pass 3 days in an overwhelming rush. With this rush though i might not be on much but oh well.

wolf
January 12th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Worse, but Good... I got addicted to this place and my grades dropped very low... It messed up my school time and I am much more busier. On the good side, I have made a new hobby and made great friends, I used to be very shy around people, but now I am more social! ^__^

wakachamo
January 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Much worse. PC's made me homeless.

I hope you're happy.

Mira
January 12th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Better I suppose.
My general chat-speak has improved exponentially and I found that a good way to hone your skills is by taking part in RPs.
But it does consume time that could otherwise be spent on my own writing...

But it's loads of fun to make friends and get into "wars" with them over pointless things :P

Kazukii
January 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Much worse. PC's made me homeless.

I hope you're happy.

I lol'd.

Ehmm, I'm not sure right now but as I come to spend more time on the forums I'm sure it'll change me in one way or another.

the bitter end.
January 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hm... I met new friends here, and have learned forum etiquette as well as vbulletin.

~Kavin~
January 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I guess both. I've met a lot of cool people, but I also find myself getting addicted sometimes and often end up getting into arguments with my gf about not spending time with her because I'm on the computer

Rellyms
January 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Meeting new people, but it's worse I'm addicted to my Laptop now and my grades have dropped. XD

January 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Better. I matured a considerable amount, and although there still exists a few people I wouldn't mind seeing fall off the stairs (I can be vulgar if necessary) For the most part, I like the people I interact with.

Zebra Thunderhead
January 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Personality wise, I stayed the same. But it got better for me cause I made a bunch of new friends.

s0nido
January 12th, 2009, 03:33 PM
It's given me something to do on the computer. Now, not only do I check my emails, I visit PC. Still, though, I think my dedication will fall dramatically once school starts.

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Better for sure.

My wording has improved greatly, paragraphs still slip a bit too, Joey. I've made some great friends that I never knew I could have over the internet, I've learnt to understand more things and been recommended some good music and pictures and that sort of stuff.

PC has changed me greatly and I thank it. :D

Zorua
January 12th, 2009, 06:26 PM
PC made me realize what the internet is all about. It also made me realize that grammar is taken very seriously on the internet. Unbelievably, however, despite all of the bad times I've been through here, it has actually changed me in a good way. See, which each bad situation being encountered and experienced, there's more knowledge for you to gain from that situation so you'd know not to do it again and stuff, right(If that made any sense)? XD

I also thank the PC staff for also making me into the person I am. It's not only the members somewhat, a large contribution goes to the staff as well. They majorly changed my behavior in so many ways that I just couldn't possibly describe. It wouldn't be fair to me not to thank them after all the negative encounters and arguments I've been through with them and all. They had to wack me on the head multiple times, but now I'm fine. :D

Black Omega Zero
January 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
For me, it's exactly the same than the first time I entered... I'm the same person, determined to make myself better at Pokemon... I learned a thing or two... but I'm the same...

helix
January 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
PC has affected me in a very positive way. When I first joined, it was my window to the wide world. Role models I took after made me who I am today, roleplaying ignited my hobby of writing, my ability to make graphics soared, I was helped by these members in my lowest moments of stress and pain. The staff and their maturity have gained my respect over the years, as well- I've learned countless lessons here, as well as made countless mistakes xD;;.

Now that I'm no longer homeschooled, there isn't so much free time to visit, but I'll never forget the positive influence this forum has had on me. Without it, I would probably be much lesser than the person I am today.

Rockéttes
January 13th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Aha, where to begin? XD;

Most noticeably, this forum's helped me with my self-esteem. Because you're unable to see people face to face, you know that the friends you make on here are true friends, not 'phonies' who like you for your good looks or wealth. It's comforting to know that people like you for you, y'know?

Shadowfaith
January 13th, 2009, 02:38 AM
When I first joined I was addicted to this place and did nothing else bar visit here XP So...yeah my grades dropped and I had no life...

BUT I did get a little more confident in airing my views and talking to people. I mean if I can talk tro some random person in another country from me then I can talk to friends and people I know right? Anyways, so yeah PC had changed me a little:

-I'm more keen to get to know people.
-I don't shy away from conversation.

And FYI I have my life back now so PC is not to blame no longer XD

beauty. proletariat
January 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Well PC introduced me to a nice forum (well DUH this is that forum XD) where everyone is nice and gets along

As for my life... It has not changed except in a way that i shall not discuss :3

Eon-Rider
January 13th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Being a member here has made me realise that not everyone in the world is nice. =)

Neku™
January 13th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I just signed up and no 1 is talking to me --

♣Gawain♣
January 13th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Well, my English is somewhat improved when I joined here. But I still hate neologism.

Sorano
January 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I was only 11 years old when I first joined, so I can't really remember what I was like back then and how joining PC has changed me from then on. However, I have met some wonderful friends here. Although some I've stopped talking to, I am glad to have met them and shared some good times with them. Some of the friends I have met here were some of the best friends that I have ever met in my life. I wish people who are opposed to talking to people online, or joining forums or anything related to that would be able to see the friendships that people have made here, and realize how wonderful they really are. ♥

Cheesymitten
January 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM
It's made me take better caution using grammar.

I've met lots of people from all over the world on here.

There's never a day when no one comes on.

Also i seem to be a bit more quite at school i'm all pooped out from posting here XD

People making freinds easily it's great ;)
Thanks PC....
and Josephine for making this thread:P

Zee.kthxbai
January 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
It's certainly proven to me that certain niche groups don't get away from their yes-crowd. Like DeviantArt, I only find swarms of people who chant praise over and over.

It's just a little depressing to see others so willing to sagnate budding artists with undue praise so early on. It's like saying a seed is an absolutely beautiful flower, but it hasn't even taken root yet.

Goðafoss
January 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I just joined, so I haven't changed much. ;3

storm393
January 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
hmmm.....i have been on it alot longer than when i just joined here..... it really has'nt done much to me :/

Yrie
January 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
It's done nothing to calm my occasional hyperactivity

It's helped me improve my writing skills with roleplays, and...um, taught me quite a bit about graphics through the Graphics and Photography forum. But it hasn't really affected my grades much, unlike a few other people, just gave me something to do when I was bored xD

Kyoko
January 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I haven't changed much, except for the fact that I no longer use chat speak and numbers in my post.

however, I have made some of the best friends ever. a lot of people have affected me more than they really know, even if we didn't talk too much. I cherish everyone of my best friends I made on this forum, they've gotten me through some tough times when I couldn't turn to my IRL friends. I've been friends with some for a year and others for 3 years, but either way my life wouldn't be the same without them!

ErickaVolt
January 14th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah, this forum affected me much. My English grammar was improved because I kept on posting here, and my boring days has turned into successful one. This forum never cease to amuse me. ^_^

jasonresno
January 14th, 2009, 06:47 AM
This forum made me appreciate message boards again. After the forum I had been apart of shut down (after 5+ years and 12,000 posts) I was pretty much adrift without a site to anchor me down. PC is becoming that site.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 14th, 2009, 10:08 AM
when i first joined this site, i felt like "finally, this looks like somewhere i can post regularly!!" cause this site is about so much more than pokémon. it's about people, too! ^__^ and i wish i could talk to some of my (at present) 59 freinds more, but sadly i don't talk to some much..

nevertheless though, i love this site! before i was what a i like to call "an internet drifter" XD just going through pokemon sites like serebii and bulbagarden, but this is the one i always come back to.

Caelus
January 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Aside from my grades dropping being here improved me.

First off my grammar has improved since I joined. It's far from perfect but it's legible enough to be read. Another thing that has changed is my attitude towards things--can't explain that.
There's more than just that but those are the ones that affected me the most.

Dakota
January 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Call me a low life loser, but now think of this place as a second home.

AtomicoExploda
January 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yep, this forum affected me, not for grammar, well forums do improve my grammar but my grammar gets improved in an other forum. This forum, well, I got friends is one thing (obviously) and it makes time fly! Well, basically thats the internet but this is a part of the internet. Every time I look at the clock half an hour has past unless i'm not using my computer. xD So... yeah, thats pretty much it.

Thomas
January 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Er, PC, changed my life? lol Well yeah I guess, it has gotten me interested in a couple of different things like Rom Hacking, Web Design, and Graphic Design. So, thanks PC! lol

Michii
January 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
PC has given me a place to forget everything that's happening in the "real" world. It is my escape from reality in some ways. I can just forget about that Geometry test that I had trouble on or the drama surrounding my friends. I can't really explain it anymore than that. It's also helped my grammar, improved my graphics skills, andandand has given me more friends from around the planet. There are negative changes from this forum, but the positives outweigh them drastically. :]]

Zetta-Chan
January 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
PC has helped me alot. I've really learned better grammar, even if it doesn't show all the time xD. PC has also boosted my self-esteem, and helped me realize people will take for who I am (And nothing else) and won't make fun of me. Members here at PC have helped me learn that it's what inside that counts, not your face behind the screen or your wealth, riches, etc... More friends have been made, and I overall think PC has done some great things for me. Also, here, I don't have to be embarassed about being in 8th grade and liking Pocket Monsters. :D