PDA

View Full Version : Chain Mail drives me crazy!!!

Route 18
January 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Have you ever received chain mail before? I've received it countless times, and it always tells me to forward my mail to at least 10 people or I'll be murdered or something. Here's an example I received a while ago. It's not the same type of murderous email that I ave received before, but it is chain mail anyway. Here it is:

[This is a joke that is really funny and it works!]

An old lady walked into a Grocery Store....

She wanted to buy the best dog food in the world for her little puppy.

She went up to the cash register to buy the food.

The sales-lady told her that the store did not allow old ladies to buy animal food unless they show the actual animal because a lot of old ladies like to eat the animal food themselves.

So the old lady went home, got her dog and went back to the store to buy her dog food.

The next day she came back to buy the best cat food around But the Saleslady told her the same thing, so the old lady went back home and brought her cat to the Grocery Store to buy the cat food.

The next day the old lady went to the Grocery Store again carrying a big container. She went up to the sales lady and said, 'Put your hand inside here'. The Saleslady shook her head. 'NO', she said, 'there is probably something in there that will bite me!' 'I promise you that there is nothing in here that will bite you'. the old lady said. So the Saleslady stuck her hand inside the container and screamed.

To find out what was inside the container you must send this to at least 10 people, when it says, your mail has been sent...instead of clicking OK, hit ALT-8 and the container will pop up on your screen.

So many people were falling for this and I kept receiving it. It was so frustrating!

the bitter end.
January 12th, 2009, 02:15 PM
That's really stupid. Chain mails are annoying pieces of crap and should be treated as such.

Alakazam17
January 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Agreed. I junk those kinds of things the moment I get them, heh. They're just no worth my time. Or yours, Lord GaGa.

Milke
January 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM
What does alt-8 do?

I hate the ones more that tell you to "read this and then send it to people for good luck."

XoX

Gulpin
January 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM
What does the alt 8 do? I hate chain mail, especially forwarded text messages on phones.

wolf
January 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Chain mail is just junk. All Chain Mail should be treated as junk obviously! lol

Dukey
January 12th, 2009, 02:37 PM
God I hate chain mail. It's like the ultimatum of spam imo.
I just delete anything with FW: on it.

Route 18
January 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Alt 8 doesn't do anything. It's just for spam.
I especially hate those ones that make you forward them because they have some 'inspiring' story. I had this mail that said that you should feel guilty for not forwarding religious emails and forwarding junk. I don't forward either. Chain mail is just for people who want to make a name for themselves.

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I've received countless chain mail, each more stupid and pointless than the next.

I remember getting one about Mickey Mouse... I lol'd so hard.

I just delete them as soon as I get them.

January 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I like to read them, since they sometimes have great stories in them. But after that, yeah, it's delete time.

Volkner's Apprentice
January 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
When i first got e-mail, I used to get chain letters all the time, since it was pretty much how people contacted each other without instant messaging, forums, or Facebook.

Now with all the new technology, chain mail just got sooo lame and harder to do over things like instant messages, especially if the '15 people you send this to before you die' aren't people you felt like talking to. :P

Black Omega Zero
January 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I just leave them there, just don't reply them if you don't like them...

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I remember when I was murdered once by some huge sadistic mouse with a knife. :3

I just got another one, it was actually quite interesting to read.

>Feelings<
January 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah, they can get annoying. That's why I kept two e-mail addresses - one that I use everywhere, and another that I only use to contact great friends. I almost never check the former.

Zorua
January 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I kept getting them in my good ol' days when I used to have AOL. Man, they were funny.

Mariah Carey
January 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I got one from my mobile service provider.
Or someone pretending to be it.
No, I am not going to text pron to 15 other contacts.

Ayano Katagiri
January 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Now with all the new technology, chain mail just got sooo lame and harder to do over things like instant messages, especially if the '15 people you send this to before you die' aren't people you felt like talking to. :P

I still get them coming over MSN sometimes from people. Unless they've got IM viruses that send chain mail...

But luckily I don't receive them much anymore in e-mails. They are just plain annoying and deserve to be deleted.

Goðafoss
January 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Chain mails are annoying, 'nuff said.

Gold warehouse
January 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I used to get so much chain mail from a friend until I emailed her saying how stupid it was and to please stop, she then said I was mean and blocked me; I never heard from her again, I lol'd.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
January 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I once got one chain e-mail five times. It was a freaking poem about the evils of drink-driving and a girl who got killed by it. The thing is, at the bottom of the poem there was a petition against drink driving and apparently, when it reached 1000 sugnatures, it would go to Tony Blair (depite the fact that Gordon Brown had succeeded him by this time). The problem was, the petition was just against drink-driving in general. It wasn't asking for stricter laws or enforcmement. It was just against drink driving. Now how is that meant to help at all ?

The thing that annoys me is that it made it seem like signing it and forwarding it was a worthwhile cause. But it quite clearly wasn't.

Route 18
January 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Here's another threatening email that I received.
Subject: ok, people this is not a story to be read before u sleep

If you have read this sentence, you
must
continue reading it
if
not
terrible and scary things would happen to you or
your family
members.
I'm
sure you don't want you or your family members
to have scary
and
freaky
things happening on you right? Not kidding..
Here's what
happened:
years ago, 2005, on a lonely winter night filled
with lots
of
snow
in
Chichago, a teen girl was brutally murdered,
yes, after
being
raped.She
had received a text message from her boyfriend
to meet him
at
the
pub
they always meet at hours before her death. She
went there,
nicely
dressed up. Upon reaching, her drunken boyfriend
stumbled
out of
the
pub
and began to vigoursly kissed her on her face
and lips. She
struggled
and
when finally broke free, started to run. But
then, the boy
caught
up
with

her and pinned her to the ground. He raped her
and then
suffocate
her.
She lies on the cold floor motionless. The boy
ran away and
then
came
back much later with a chopper wrapped in
newspaper and
dragged
the

girl's body to an alley. He unwrapped the
newspaper off the
chopper
and
chopped the girl's body parts, her hands, legs,
and lastly
head..
Since
then, whenever people passed the place where the
girl was
being

raped
and
suffocated, they swore they heard a girl panting
and
whispering
in
their
ears 'You are walking on the place where I was
killed...'
and
then
they

would heard a shrill laughter.. You must pass
this on to
your
friends
or
family members, because the girl, Amanda is right beside you
now,
knowing if you sent it or not... No kidding... send this
or Amanda

would
do
things you would get freaked out.. Here's what
happened to
others
who
didn't forward it to their friends: # CASE 1Jack
Lyons
received
this
email from his friend, upon reading it, he
laughed and

deleted
it.
He
didn't know that Amanda was beside him..the next
day, he
received
a
phone
call. 'Im always watching you, Jack' and then a
shrill
laughter.
He

freaked out and called the phone operator, and
to his
horror,
found
out
that that number was not in use for 2 years
after the death
of
the
owner,
Amanda Spears. then, jack went to have a bath..
He opened

the
door
and
went in, never coming out again.. After 1 hour,
his mother
banged
on
the
door and used a chopper to open the door. She
screamed when
she
saw
jack
on the floor. Blood splattered on the walls and
mirror. On

the
mirror
was
a message 'Your son deserved it' And many many
cases.. Im
sure
you
don't

want to read them all... Be careful, Amanda is
beside you
right
now,
MAKE
THE RIGHT DECISION...Send this to more than 2 0

So stupid, and it was sent to me by a 9 year old, would you believe it?

Yrie
January 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Ugh, chain mail is so annoying. I have this friend who has about 20 billion contacts and they always send her chain letters and then she forwards them to me, of course. Its so annoying and besides that, just takes up space with things that amount to no more than pure crap. I've never got them from someone I didn't know though, and nothing really threatening. Mostly "send this to 10 people within the hour and then press F12 and you'll find out the secret" and stuff.

ErickaVolt
January 14th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Chain Mails are SPAM. Stupid Pointless Annoying Chain Mails. There's nothing to believe on them, if it works on you then it might just be a coincidence.

Hurricano
January 14th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I just delete chain mails, it isn't even funny to read them.

Deefie
January 14th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I hate Chainmails. Stupid stories 'bout dead people who'll kill me ><'

Eon-Rider
January 14th, 2009, 04:36 AM
I haven't received one for over a year now. I guess people finally realised they wouldn't come true when I yelled at them all the time for sending them to me. =D