PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3?

Ayano Hana
January 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Okay, so at the end of month I'm allowed to get either a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360, and to be quite honest, I'm torn between the two. Any help would be appreciated, as it would help my decision. :x

adavis
January 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM
As a 360 owner myself that is a hard decision but I would have to say Xbox 360 all the way

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I honestly cannot vote on that poll, it's too hard. Both have flaws that beat the other one.

The only reason I got the 360 over the PS3 was for Fable 2, other than that... I probably would've gone with a PS3 over the 360. It just works better.

The 360 has red light, so... that's a huge downfall for it when people don't know what one to buy. I'd recommend the PS3 over the 360 though because of red light and when I was playing a game, I took it out and went to go put it back in it's case and it had a scratch on it... but I didn't cause it, the 360 did. It was a perfect circle around the disc and it kept freezing.

Razer302
January 13th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Real hard choice but I have to say the PS3 as they are much more reliable than a 360. My friends have all had to replace there 360 but no one at school has had to replace there PS3 unless they stupidly didn't clean out the air filter. I think the PS3 has a worse online than on the 360 but at some point PS3 will catch up and will beat the 360.

Arcanine
January 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Do you plan on playing games online? If so then it's a nobrainer.

But like the others said, 360s tend to RRoD. But at the same time it's been known that games run smoother, and look better on the 360. Personally, I like the 360 over my PS3, but then again I like online gaming.

storm393
January 13th, 2009, 02:55 PM
i do not have either, but i have heard the regular 360's breakdown and ps3's dont....

XaRhS
January 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I like PS3 more.It has some things that XBox 360 doesn't:
*Internet access
*the ability to read all types of SD Cards
*40/60/80/160 GB HDD
*the ability to play DVD Movies{i think that XBox doesn't}
Is that enough?:P
I'm about to buy one soon,so ''if'' i'm disappointed with something,i'll come and post it.''If''...

Arcanine
January 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
*the ability to play DVD Movies{i think that XBox doesn't} The disc type of the 360 games are DVD... so yea it plays DVDs.
But the PS3 on the other hand, it's disc type is Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray movies won't work on the 360 (where they will on the PS3).

Sushi.
January 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I don't have either of them, but both of them have good games. On the other hand, I would perfer the PS3 because of it's issue of the red light from the 360. >.<
So I would go for the PS3.

Gummy
January 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I have yet to experience the Red Ring of Death (only a matter of time, right? xD) so right now my favorite is Xbox 360. The Xbox exclusives just appeal to me more than the PS3 exclusives. If for some reason KH3 is released on the Xbox 360 as well, I honestly see no reason for me to ever get a PS3.

Fox♠
January 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Tough call. I'm gonna go with PS3, mainly because I brought one and have never had any problems with it. (my cousin is on what must be his...4th 360 now) Don't let Arkanine's post put you off of online gaming with PS3, what he neglected to mention is Xbox charges you for a service full of racists and screaming 12 year olds, PS3 lets you get racially abused by12 year olds for free!

kidpunk
January 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
XBOX360.
Amazing console. There are alot more people in online multiplayer, so many more and better system exclusive games (Fable 2, L4D, Halo 3, Gears 1 + 2, etc), and mroe people tend to choose this console. Better it really depends on the games you are. If you want a good console with Shooters or Sports, go the 360 way. If you want a good RPG and Other console, the PS3 is perfect for you.

Haza
January 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM
PS3

Red ring of death is just scary sounding and PS3 works best with HD and it looks more sleek so it can be seen in the living room.

Ayano Hana
January 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted. I think my decision is clear. I suppose I'm getting the PS3. Thing is, I would have to pay a lot more for the Xbox as I need the $100 network adapter plus the subscription card to even get online, but on the other hand the PS3 costs nothing, and it's compatible with my type of internet. Anyway, this can get locked, as I've made my choice.

Semblance
January 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Exclusives

PS3
Free PSN
Blu-Ray
Consistency

360's exclusive's and online play outweigh PS3's pro's it for me.

Mario The World Champion
January 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I don't know what you should go for, but you already decided. So, my two cents are a moot point.

I haven't got the RRoD on my 360 yet. I'll have my 360 for about a year next month.

Fox♠
January 14th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Exclusives

PS3
Free PSN
Blu-Ray
Consistency

360's exclusive's and online play outweigh PS3's pro's it for me.

Apart from Fable 2 and at a stretch, Gears 1+2, there's not really being in my eyes, many interesting 360 exclusives, certainly not "console purchase for 1-2 games" worthy anyway.

I also feel PS3 has a wider range of exclusives, from LBP and Fat princess to Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 to MGS4 and Uncharted. With PS3 there really is something for everyone.

El Gofre
January 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
A few mistakes:

I like PS3 more.It has some things that XBox 360 doesn't:
*Internet access
The 360 can be connected via ethernet cable or wireless adaptor, unless you meant internet browser, which the 360 doesn't have.
*the ability to read all types of SD Cards
Card reader=£5, I have one living in my usb port right now
*40/60/80/160 GB HDD
*the ability to play DVD Movies{i think that XBox doesn't}
It's actually the wii that doesn't play dvds, 360 even comes with online movie rentals =]
Is that enough?:P
I'm about to buy one soon,so ''if'' i'm disappointed with something,i'll come and post it.''If''...

But yeah, the 360 gets my vote all the way. Complaints about the RRoD are common but microsoft will repair it withing the first year of buying it and if it doesn't break in the first year of buying it probably won't break ever- My friend is still using his that he bought on the day of release with nothing but a cooler for adjustment. The online community on the 360 is generally more sociable than that of PSN- they all tend to take their super-expensive machines very seriously anf the online play/exclusives (Halo <3) is more than worth the fee (1 year sets you back £45, which works out to 10p a day.). Not to mention that the only way you will notice the difference in graphics is if you have an expensive high-def tv with HDMI cable, and even then the 360 still exceeds all expectations. There are very few reasons I would choose the PS3 over my box (I've owned both), apart Metal Gear which is admittedly an awesome game. Microsoft all the way =]

Goðafoss
January 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I got a 360, because it was a lot cheaper. o.o

XaRhS
January 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
As i can see,you were a little bit rushy.You can get PS3 on discount,too.It's really worth it.

Goðafoss
January 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
At that moment, the 360 was like €200,- cheaper, so that made the choice easy. D;

True Reign
January 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
PS3 in my opinion. It has alot of good games that the Xbox 360 doesn't have either like Killzone 2, God of War 2, and Resistance 2.

Really good games, while the Xbox has the Gears of War and the Halo series. I voted for PS3 because of the recent issue with the Red Ring of Death.

Fox♠
January 15th, 2009, 02:54 AM
A few mistakes:

But yeah, the 360 gets my vote all the way. Complaints about the RRoD are common but microsoft will repair it withing the first year of buying it and if it doesn't break in the first year of buying it probably won't break ever- My friend is still using his that he bought on the day of release with nothing but a cooler for adjustment. The online community on the 360 is generally more sociable than that of PSN- they all tend to take their super-expensive machines very seriously anf the online play/exclusives (Halo <3) is more than worth the fee (1 year sets you back £45, which works out to 10p a day.). Not to mention that the only way you will notice the difference in graphics is if you have an expensive high-def tv with HDMI cable, and even then the 360 still exceeds all expectations. There are very few reasons I would choose the PS3 over my box (I've owned both), apart Metal Gear which is admittedly an awesome game. Microsoft all the way =]

Lemme justs top you there. Apart from on Home (where the weeabos and paedos all are) I have never, ever come across any "super serious" players on PSN, However I have never once played a game on Live without hearing at least 1 abusive player yelling his head off over his score. Most 360 games (and older 360s) can't/won't go above 720p, a lot more PS3 games display in 1080p/1080i, so your graphics argument is again moot.

BeachBoy
January 15th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Even if my 360 recently got RROD, I still prefer it to the PS3. Perhaps it's due to the price tag. I've never touched or played a PS3, simply due to that... number. So I can't really compare, but I've had such incredible experiences with 360, I really can't turn away from it.

Skaterzpenguin
January 15th, 2009, 07:23 AM
X Box 360 is better at handling things than PS3 games. ;] (I hate PS3) lol

January 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Most 360 games (and older 360s) can't/won't go above 720p, a lot more PS3 games display in 1080p/1080i, so your graphics argument is again moot.
Most of the games that are able to go over 720p (on both platforms) are upscaled from 720p, thus it makes relatively little difference.
Of the exclusives you mentioned, only Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are true 1080p games.

In the end, it comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on a console and which type of games you like to play.

X Box 360 is better at handling things than PS3 games. ;] (I hate PS3) lol
Don't post here if you can't write anything useful.

Arcanine
January 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Being the owner of both systems (and this will sound a little lop sided in the favor of the PS3)... I (well my brother) has a 20 gig 360 Pro. No HDMI, and has RRoD twice already. And I've got an 80 gig PS3 (the one that game with MGS4. So it has HDMI... unlike the 360... It has the memory card ports, the extra USB ports, it can play old PS and PS2 games, and so on). What do you think gets more playtime? Since I got the PS3, which console do you think got more games (that came out on both the 360 and PS3)? To me, MGS4 was worth the price of the PS3... But I think if online gaming is your deal (and XBL is worth the $50 a year... well 13 months, don't let anyone tell you otherwise), and if you want games that 95% of the itme runs better... then the 360 is your system. Just about everyone I know that has both systems (and they're on PC, and people I have on my XBL friends list, people I know from other forums and so on) say they play the 360 more then the PS3. They got more games for the 360 then the PS3.

I've got an HDTV, I've got the PS3 on HDMI where the 360 isn't... The difference in the Wii and 360/PS3 kind of throws me off... but side by side you can't really tell the difference. So all the "graphics" over what looks better... no.

If you really want to be happy like me... buy both.

Kazukii
January 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I don't have either but the 360 gets my vote.

THIRTY-SIX
January 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I prefer the xBox360 because the controller is much more comfortable for me. Online play is better. Most of the games I have on the PS3 can be owned on the xBox as well. Blu-Ray is good but you don't exactly need it. xD

xMeowthz
January 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I personaly like Xbox 360; Because it is the one that I like...My brother likes PS3; But I like Xbox 360

Fox♠
January 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Most of the games that are able to go over 720p (on both platforms) are upscaled from 720p, thus it makes relatively little difference.
Of the exclusives you mentioned, only Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are true 1080p games.

In the end, it comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on a console and which type of games you like to play.

Don't post here if you can't write anything useful.

MGS4 is 720p only. Metal gear Online is 1080p/i. Just thought I;d clear that up.

Volkner's Apprentice
January 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
If I had to choose, I'd go with the 360. It seems really enjoyable and the better of the two for online gaming, considering there are far more popular titles out on 360 right now. I could go for a little online warfare, heh.

Capt. Couch
January 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
As a 360 owner with experience with a PS3, I'd have to recommend the Xbox 360. The newer models are less likely to have an RROD, and the game selection is far better than that of a PS3. The only downside is that you have to pay for the online service, but it is relatively inexpensive.

You also get full backwards-compatibility, meaning that you can play most any original Xbox game you come across. The newer models of the PS3 can't play PS2 or PSX games, and the ones you do find with backwards-compatibility can't play everything to their fullest, meaning that many titles don't have support (but they do have good support overall).

All in all, the 360 is the top dog between the two.

Fox♠
January 16th, 2009, 03:17 AM
As a 360 owner with experience with a PS3, I'd have to recommend the Xbox 360. The newer models are less likely to have an RROD, and the game selection is far better than that of a PS3. The only downside is that you have to pay for the online service, but it is relatively inexpensive.

You also get full backwards-compatibility, meaning that you can play most any original Xbox game you come across. The newer models of the PS3 can't play PS2 or PSX games, and the ones you do find with backwards-compatibility can't play everything to their fullest, meaning that many titles don't have support (but they do have good support overall).

All in all, the 360 is the top dog between the two.

Most of that post is pure bollocks, I'm sorry but it really is.

ALL models and HUD variants of the PS3 will play PSX games, only 40 gig and current 60gig wont play PS2 yet, however sony have said they are definitely considering patching it in with a firmware update. There aren't any problems with upscaling PS/PS2 games on PS3, you just have to do it right.

Most of 360's top sellers/better games are on PS3 as well, Bioshock (With updated graphics and new content on PS3), Call of Duty 4, GTA4, Mirror's Edge, burnout Paradise etc etc.

The only things a PS3 owner will really miss out on is Gears 2 (Gears 1 was appalling) and Fable 2, but since most of them own a PC they can buy these games anyway. I suppose Halo 3 would be considered "missing out" by most 360 owners, but it';s ok, we have a few average at best FPS games too (face it, that's all Halo is).

When it comes down to the choice, you can't say something so bias and incorrect as "the games are btter lolol" or along those lines.

Y'know, I could clearly plug how good MGS4, LBP, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2 and Valkyrie profile all are, or the upcoming Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. Then there's PSN games like Warhawk, Fat Princess, Crash Commandos, SuperStardustHD, Age of Booty, Ratchet and Clank: QFB, The Last guy, WipeoutHD, Blood Siren and then some.

Those are a few exclusives off the top of my head. But yeah, saying 360 has a better selection of games, I don't think so.

SBaby
January 17th, 2009, 12:14 AM
If you don't have a Blu-Ray player and are looking for a system with good games on it anyway, then the PS3 is the way to go, since it's sort of a 2-in-1 package. But beware, because the minute you buy a PS3, some people will start labeling you as a Sony or Blu-Ray fanboy. Same thing with the 360.

That said, if you've got a Blu-Ray player and are nuts about first-person shooter games (or just love Halo), then the 360 is the way to go (FPS games come out on the 360 at a rate of about 10 per week). Just make sure you've got enough money to replace the system in case you get the red ring twice in a three month period (happened to me and Microsoft refused to replace the system a second time). And yes I stood the system up pretty much at all times, because there would've been no room for all my systems otherwise. Also Square-Enix is looking more and more like it's gonna go 360-exclusive any minute now, so there's that too.

AtomicoExploda
January 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
XBOX360!!! I don't have a PS3 so I have to vote for xbox360, and the PS3 games aren't great, well, that what I think. So... yeah XBOX360!!! I wonder what the PS4 will be like.

Capt. Couch
January 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Most of that post is pure bollocks, I'm sorry but it really is.

ALL models and HUD variants of the PS3 will play PSX games, only 40 gig and current 60gig wont play PS2 yet, however sony have said they are definitely considering patching it in with a firmware update. There aren't any problems with upscaling PS/PS2 games on PS3, you just have to do it right.

Most of 360's top sellers/better games are on PS3 as well, Bioshock (With updated graphics and new content on PS3), Call of Duty 4, GTA4, Mirror's Edge, burnout Paradise etc etc.

The only things a PS3 owner will really miss out on is Gears 2 (Gears 1 was appalling) and Fable 2, but since most of them own a PC they can buy these games anyway. I suppose Halo 3 would be considered "missing out" by most 360 owners, but it';s ok, we have a few average at best FPS games too (face it, that's all Halo is).

When it comes down to the choice, you can't say something so bias and incorrect as "the games are btter lolol" or along those lines.

Y'know, I could clearly plug how good MGS4, LBP, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2 and Valkyrie profile all are, or the upcoming Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. Then there's PSN games like Warhawk, Fat Princess, Crash Commandos, SuperStardustHD, Age of Booty, Ratchet and Clank: QFB, The Last guy, WipeoutHD, Blood Siren and then some.

Those are a few exclusives off the top of my head. But yeah, saying 360 has a better selection of games, I don't think so.

Looking back, it was mostly bollocks. Sorry for the obviously lopsided post. :\

I am a little PO'ed that I'm missing out on Killzone 2 since I really liked the first, and yes, Halo is rather average, but it remains consistent with the way it has been, which people like. The updates to Bioshock didn't impress me much, but it's a pretty good game overall.

I would still recommend a 360 for the pure multiplayer experience and for games such as Fable 2, Saint's Row, Gears of War 2, and Left 4 Dead.

wakachamo
January 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
PS3 all the way.

Free online, Blu-ray support, doesn't crash all the time, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, WipEout HD, Ratchet & Clank franchise, Uncharted franchise, Resistance franchise, Motorstorm series, Warhawk, Super Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Age of Booty, Killzone 2, Valkyrie Chronicles, The Last Guy, etc. etc. etc.

Akeraz
January 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Meh. 360 gets my Vote.

My reasons?
I love my Fable 2, and the Console is pretty damn cheap, compared to the PS3.
Anyways, from what I gather, RROD is only a problem if you're not treating your 360 right.
All my freinds Irl that have been RROD'd have kept their 360 in cupboards, without much air, and
not to mention they play their 360's in excess, sometimes up to 12 hrs' at a time.

icomeanon6
January 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I don't play video games. They give me bad thoughts.

To be honest, I don't think I'm that much into newer games to buy either of them. Since I'm also not likely to get an HDTV anytime soon (living room's too small, and so is my budget), I'd probably just get a PS2 if I really wanted to get a console.

January 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Bioshock (With updated graphics and new content on PS3)
Considering that the PS3 version of BioShock (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/22/bioshocks-ps3-graphics-identical-to-xbox-360/) does not contain updated graphics (http://kotaku.com/5047823/bioshock-ps3-versus-bioshock-360) this is sort of a moot point.
I'm not sure I'd justify "Survivor Mode" and the challenge rooms as being a good reason to wait an entire year for the game.

EmoGavero
January 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Lessee...

-Xbox:
Pros:
--Amazing online
--Better exclusives
--The main FPS platform
--Cheaper than PS3
--More games
--Microsoft will fix it for free if it get Red Ringed
--XBox Live marketplace
Cons:
--Pay for online
--Pay for wireless internet adapter
--Red Ring of Death
--Expensive HDD if you don't get one with the system

-PS3
Pros:
--Blu-Ray player
--Free online
--PSP Connectivity
Cons:
--Price (ouch)
--Not as good online
--Not many people have it (where I live, at least... I only have 1 friend with it)

I would go for the XBox 360. BTW I don't have either of them so I couldn't post all of the Pros or Cons for them. But this is my view on what it know.

Fox♠
January 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Lessee...

-Xbox:
Pros:
--Amazing online
--Better exclusives <b>like what?</b>
--The main FPS platform
--Cheaper than PS3
--More games
--Microsoft will fix it for free if it get Red Ringed
--XBox Live marketplace
Cons:
--Pay for online
--Pay for wireless internet adapter pay for EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.
--Red Ring of Death
--Expensive HDD if you don't get one with the system

-PS3
Pros:
--Blu-Ray player
--Free online
--PSP Connectivity
--Huge game library
--HOME
--Playstation Store
--Longer games
--free WiFi, controller (chargable, no batteries unlike 360) and all round cheaper accessories.

Cons:
--Price (ouch)
--Not as good online
--Not many people have it (where I live, at least... I only have 1 friend with it)

I would go for the XBox 360. BTW I don't have either of them so I couldn't post all of the Pros or Cons for them (And therefore should of refrained from adding fuel to an already burning fire). But this is my view on what it (don't) know.

That seems a bit more accurate.

Avatar, I'm pretty sure Bioshock looks smoother on PS3. I may be wrong.

And the reason it wasn't released on PS3 straight off the bat was contract issues with M$, nothing to do with challenge rooms, those were added after the game was released on PS3.

CP3
January 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Xbox 360, beacuse it really the same as the ps3 but better.:D

Also I hate when when people say that the ps3 has better graphics, when you look at fallout 3 comparisons it look virtually the same. So you're saving money on the 360.

Fox♠
January 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Xbox 360, beacuse it really the same as the ps3 but better.:D

Also I hate when when people say that the ps3 has better graphics, when you look at fallout 3 comparisons it look virtually the same. So you're saving money on the 360.

You obviously know nothing about either system.

CP3
January 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Who the hell are you to say that I don't know anything?

jubjub
January 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Xbox 360 because of Halo

Capt. Couch
January 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Xbox 360 because of Halo

Is that the only reason anybody gets a 360 anymore? Yeah, I have Halo too, but when you think about it, Halo really isn't that great gameplay-wise. The only real reason people get it is for the multiplayer, which is pretty fun for a while, but there are other games than Halo...

Bioshock, CoD4, CoD: WaW, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV, Mass Effect, The Orange Box (Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2), Dead Space, Soul Calibur IV, Pure, Saint's Row, Saint's Row 2...

Even though you'll find many of the same games on the Xbox 360 as you would a PS3, you're essentially getting the same game for a lower price. The only real differences are slight tweaks between the two versions (save for several games), like Bioshock for example. There were no real graphical tweaks, but there are a couple of extra modes to play.

Tombstone975
January 22nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Reason for Xbox 360:
- It has some great games that PS3 dosen't.
- Easy and a good online system.
- Dashboard.
- Downloadble content at a fair price.

Fox♠
January 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
Reason for Xbox 360:
- It has some great games that PS3 dosen't.
- Dashboard.

Reasons for PS3:
- It has some great games that 360 dosen't.
- Dashboard.

Who the hell are you to say that I don't know anything?

Someone who clearly knows the difference between PS3 and 360.
Neither one is the same, yet you cleverly claimed they are, except 360 is "better"

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately.

Fox♠
January 22nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
PS3 has only got Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto 4 Going for it.
The Online Experiance is by far annioying,I don't care if its free I still prefare paying.
To many files making harder to find things.
Even if there still is Downloadble content theres nouthing wroth downloading.

LOL

LBP, Killzone 2, Valkyrie Chronicles, WipeOut HD, Siren would all like to say Hi. As would uncharted, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Resistance 2 etc. There are piles upon piles of great exclusives. 360 has Fable 2 and Gears 2, thats it, i can't think of one other great exclusive.

PSN is easy, you register, you load your game, you go on multiplayer. To add someone you simply click their name and choose "add". So again, invalid point.

Outside of PSN and PS1 games, most of PS3's DLC is the same as 360s, again, moot point.

Fox♠
January 22nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I'll give you Uncharted ... But
Xbox 360 has:
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Gears of War 1 & 2
Call Of Duty 4 & WaW
Fable 2
Grand Theft Auto
Left 4 Dead.

PS3 is a expensive Blue ray player that takes forever to load a game.
Not to mention after playing the PS3 the controller was the worst because its not ment to constant playing,and by constant I mean 10 minutes.

If you haven't notice the Xbox 360 also allows to send friend requests.Its so simple you could do it.
Most of the games are for trained Monkeys,

Sniping on GTA 4 with the PS3 is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Sniping on 360 Requires some skill but not much you can snipe the guy of the bike within the frist three shots.

Halo 3 is a sub par shooter, if you want to talk about those I'll drag Haze into the mix.

CoD 4/W@W are both on PS3

So is GTA4. So really, you've put up Halo twice and Gears 1 which is awful. Not too impressed. I'll give you left4dead though.

Everything you've tried to say negatively about PS3 applies to the 360, PS3 also loads games quicker than 360 so idk what you're trying to achieve by saying otherwise.

I played Rachet and Clank ... After playing that thing for like 1 hour I jst said ... Turn off the consol.

Looks like you turned off your spell checker too.

Fox♠
January 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Halo 3 is a good shooter and Millions of people agree with me.
I know that there on PS3 too,Im stating the good tittles for 360.
If you haven't heard,Bungie is Realeasing a campaign expasion which is a new storyline called Halo 3:ODST (Google it.)
Thats like saying "My opion is better then your and that im allways right"

Btw everyone makes errors thats one of the great things of life,Either a small thing like grammer or Bragging about the PS3 - No ones perfect.

I like the way you tried to be clever there but still failed at grammar.

You'll find a lot of people also dislike Halo3, and even more people will say CoD4 is better. In an argument between PS3 and 360 there is NO POINT in naming multi platform titles. I understand the 360 has only a handful of good exclusives but be fair, dont try and beef it up with multi platform games.

Arcanine
January 23rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Anyways, from what I gather, RROD is only a problem if you're not treating your 360 right.
All my freinds Irl that have been RROD'd have kept their 360 in cupboards, without much air, and
not to mention they play their 360's in excess, sometimes up to 12 hrs' at a time. That's not true at all... my 360 has RRoD twice and as you can see (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/PS3-3.jpg)... there's enough air around the 360. The blame is on MS, it's happened to far too many people to be "user error".

Neither one is the same, yet you cleverly claimed they are, except 360 is "better"

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately. And if I remember right, the GameCube had the best (or at least better then the PS2) specs the last gen... And a lot of good that did it. Came in last in console sells, no games made for it, a lot of stuff that went multiplatform went to the PS2 and XBox. But yet it had the best tech. :)
Do I believe MSG4 could have been pulled off on the 360? Nope. Do I believe that FFvsXIII will look better then FFXIII because XIII is going to be multiplat? Yea I do think vsXIII will look better. But in the end it just because a system has better specs doesn't mean it's going to play better.

Looks like you turned off your spell checker too. And I'm getting really sick of your stuck up arrogant attitude. It's went beyond the "Well, I like the PS3, and here's right." You're now throwing out personal attacks on the members just because they don't agree with you, or don't want a PS3. And I am sick of it. How would you like it if someone came in here and started making personal attacks on you and not the system? You think you'd like that? Sure would be fun wouldn't it?

Just answer these two questions to yourself (you don't have to tell me your answer). Do you own a 360? And if you don't then do you plan on getting one some day?
If the answer to both is "No" and if you're thinking "Why would I want a piece of junk like the 360?" then you're no better then any of the people in here that says "The 360 is better, the PS3 is an overpriced paperweight. :)". You're a fanboy, blinded by the name on the side of your system.
We get it that you love the PS3, we get it that you hate the 360. Now just because someone else doesn't agree with your views doesn't give you the right to go out there and bash them to a point where it drives them away.
It's something called personal preference. I like the PS3. But here's the thing, I like the 360 more. I got the "EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.". The $100 Wi-Fi adaptor, another wireless controller, XBL Gold, a play and charge kit (the rechargable batteries for the controller). The 360 I have also doesn't have... HDMI, nor does it have memory card ports like the PS3, I can't transfer music like I can to the PS3, I can't transfer videos like I can to the PS3, I can't surf the web on the 360, and I more then likely will have to pay $150 for a larger HDD soon. But... I like the 360 better.

I'll spell it out again since you sound like you're a little slow on these things (you like it now don't you? Personal attacks that is). Personal preference, I like the 360 over the PS3. And I don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone else on why I like the 360 better... But I guess I will because... you're a little slow. I don't care if you post all the specs or games in the world. Sure the PS3 has better specs, sure it has Blu-Ray, sure it has most games that the 360 has. But I don't care, I like the 360 better... I have more fun with the 360 then I do with the PS3. I play online more with the 360 then I do the PS3. I have more games for the 360 then I do the PS3 (and most of them games are on both systems). I mean it's strange... why in the world would I play a second rate console like that? I mean if I can do so much with the PS3 why do I like the 360 better? Oh right... personal preference, how could I ever forget? I mean I just like the 360 better. Maybe it's the online, maybe it's the games, maybe because I use it as a heater to warm up the room. Who knows, but I like the 360 better. Maybe I just like second rate stuff... unlike the great FoxHound!, where the best will only do.

Now that was fun wasn't it? Someone attacking you on a personal level. You've gotten to the point where you can't say "Well, I like the PS3 and my reasons are..." and leave it at that. You have to go out and make fun of someone's typo, or their grammar, or their lack of knowledge on a system, or just blindly bash them. You're a fanboy... I used to be there, but in my case it was Nintendo. Do you know where that gets you? Nowhere, and it hurts only you because you don't want to look past the name on the side of that system. It all comes down to "personal preference", I personally can't stand the multiplayer in Halo or Gears (I like the co-op I have with friends but when it comes to multiplayer I'll take CoD4 or CoD:WaW over Halo or Gears any day of the week)... And yet if you checked my gamelist you'll find Halo 2, and Halo 3, and well as Gears 1 and 2. But I'm not a fanboy where I got a console or system stuck so far up my butt where I won't try something else. If you don't want a 360 then that's fine, you found reasons where that system doesn't fit your gaming needs. But that doesn't give you the right to go out and bash anyone else out there just because they don't agree with you. Like the part of my post up there. Did you find that fun? Me calling you slow, saying the same thing over and over again? That's what you're doing here to anyone else who doesn't want or doesn't like the PS3. You look like you're a person that likes facts. Well here's a fact... not everyone agrees with you, and not everyone goes by "specs" when picking a system. You can post all the specs in the world on the PS3, but not a single one is going to change what I like better. And for many of my friends who owns both... the same goes for them.

Ruphire
January 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
I would have to say the 360. I just personally don't think the PS3 is any good. But that's just my opinion.

Rioku_Zanketa
January 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
^^^^

lol. good ol' forum battles. I almost missed those. XD

I wish I could say PS3, but I picked up a 360 for christmas. Since the Wii isn't an option, I have no choice but to say 360. I've never played the PS3. I'm not gonna stick up for something I haven't experienced, that is biased and pathetic IMO. I like Fallout3, so I say 360. I don't care much for any of its specialties though.

Capt. Couch
January 23rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
It's amusing how this thread has started to become more of a classic example of the console wars than what it was originally intended for.

Okay, so at the end of month I'm allowed to get either a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360, and to be quite honest, I'm torn between the two. Any help would be appreciated, as it would help my decision. :x

It seems as if we can't agree on the fact that both systems have their pros and cons and some of us are more opinionated than others...

Fox♠
January 24th, 2009, 05:17 AM
That's not true at all... my 360 has RRoD twice and as you can see (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/PS3-3.jpg)... there's enough air around the 360. The blame is on MS, it's happened to far too many people to be "user error".

And if I remember right, the GameCube had the best (or at least better then the PS2) specs the last gen... And a lot of good that did it. Came in last in console sells, no games made for it, a lot of stuff that went multiplatform went to the PS2 and XBox. But yet it had the best tech. :)
Do I believe MSG4 could have been pulled off on the 360? Nope. Do I believe that FFvsXIII will look better then FFXIII because XIII is going to be multiplat? Yea I do think vsXIII will look better. But in the end it just because a system has better specs doesn't mean it's going to play better.

And I'm getting really sick of your stuck up arrogant attitude. It's went beyond the "Well, I like the PS3, and here's right." You're now throwing out personal attacks on the members just because they don't agree with you, or don't want a PS3. And I am sick of it. How would you like it if someone came in here and started making personal attacks on you and not the system? You think you'd like that? Sure would be fun wouldn't it?

Just answer these two questions to yourself (you don't have to tell me your answer). Do you own a 360? And if you don't then do you plan on getting one some day?
If the answer to both is "No" and if you're thinking "Why would I want a piece of junk like the 360?" then you're no better then any of the people in here that says "The 360 is better, the PS3 is an overpriced paperweight. :)". You're a fanboy, blinded by the name on the side of your system.
We get it that you love the PS3, we get it that you hate the 360. Now just because someone else doesn't agree with your views doesn't give you the right to go out there and bash them to a point where it drives them away.
It's something called personal preference. I like the PS3. But here's the thing, I like the 360 more. I got the "EVERYTHING else making it more expensive than PS3.". The $100 Wi-Fi adaptor, another wireless controller, XBL Gold, a play and charge kit (the rechargable batteries for the controller). The 360 I have also doesn't have... HDMI, nor does it have memory card ports like the PS3, I can't transfer music like I can to the PS3, I can't transfer videos like I can to the PS3, I can't surf the web on the 360, and I more then likely will have to pay $150 for a larger HDD soon. But... I like the 360 better.

I'll spell it out again since you sound like you're a little slow on these things (you like it now don't you? Personal attacks that is). Personal preference, I like the 360 over the PS3. And I don't need to explain myself to you, or anyone else on why I like the 360 better... But I guess I will because... you're a little slow. I don't care if you post all the specs or games in the world. Sure the PS3 has better specs, sure it has Blu-Ray, sure it has most games that the 360 has. But I don't care, I like the 360 better... I have more fun with the 360 then I do with the PS3. I play online more with the 360 then I do the PS3. I have more games for the 360 then I do the PS3 (and most of them games are on both systems). I mean it's strange... why in the world would I play a second rate console like that? I mean if I can do so much with the PS3 why do I like the 360 better? Oh right... personal preference, how could I ever forget? I mean I just like the 360 better. Maybe it's the online, maybe it's the games, maybe because I use it as a heater to warm up the room. Who knows, but I like the 360 better. Maybe I just like second rate stuff... unlike the great FoxHound!, where the best will only do.

Now that was fun wasn't it? Someone attacking you on a personal level. You've gotten to the point where you can't say "Well, I like the PS3 and my reasons are..." and leave it at that. You have to go out and make fun of someone's typo, or their grammar, or their lack of knowledge on a system, or just blindly bash them. You're a fanboy... I used to be there, but in my case it was Nintendo. Do you know where that gets you? Nowhere, and it hurts only you because you don't want to look past the name on the side of that system. It all comes down to "personal preference", I personally can't stand the multiplayer in Halo or Gears (I like the co-op I have with friends but when it comes to multiplayer I'll take CoD4 or CoD:WaW over Halo or Gears any day of the week)... And yet if you checked my gamelist you'll find Halo 2, and Halo 3, and well as Gears 1 and 2. But I'm not a fanboy where I got a console or system stuck so far up my butt where I won't try something else. If you don't want a 360 then that's fine, you found reasons where that system doesn't fit your gaming needs. But that doesn't give you the right to go out and bash anyone else out there just because they don't agree with you. Like the part of my post up there. Did you find that fun? Me calling you slow, saying the same thing over and over again? That's what you're doing here to anyone else who doesn't want or doesn't like the PS3. You look like you're a person that likes facts. Well here's a fact... not everyone agrees with you, and not everyone goes by "specs" when picking a system. You can post all the specs in the world on the PS3, but not a single one is going to change what I like better. And for many of my friends who owns both... the same goes for them.

tl;dr at the point you kept repeating yourself, sorry.

Answer me this, if i said something wildly untrue about 360, and posted it as fact, would you not feel inclined to correct me?

You'll notice hardly ANY of the people i've argued with have said "I like 360 better because I feel it has better..." it's all being "360 is better because <insert fiction here>"

Double standards much?

Oh and "Slow"...that cut deep man, real deep ;)
And no, I don't own 360, however I am planning on getting one soonish.

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this.

Tombstone975
January 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM

Answer me this, if i said something wildly untrue about 360, and posted it as fact, would you not feel inclined to correct me?

You'll notice hardly ANY of the people i've argued with have said "I like 360 better because I feel it has better..." it's all being "360 is better because <insert fiction here>"

Double standards much?

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this.
So you didn't get enought mouthfull from Arcanine?
I told you this before,keep flaming and bombarding,we will see who gets banned.
It's amusing how this thread has started to become more of a classic example of the console wars than what it was originally intended for.
It seems as if we can't agree on the fact that both systems have their pros and cons and some of us are more opinionated than others...
If you check on most fourms,the same topic will come up.
Even on Xbox Live or PS3 online people are fighting about this topic.
In my opion i find the Wii to be fun,But i think two consols and a DS is allright at a time.
I was a Nintendo lover but from the Gamecube i found my self with a 360.Strange but ture.

Fox♠
January 24th, 2009, 05:32 AM

Jesus I completely forgot we were meant to be helping him choose :o
I wouldnt be surprised if he's not buying either now.

Tombstone stop trying to coax me into another flamefest, you do this every thread we both post in, and you're constantly bombarding my profile with personal attacks, you seriously need to stop before it gets out of hand.

Tombstone975
January 24th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Tombstone stop trying to coax me into another flamefest, you do this every thread we both post in, and you're constantly bombarding my profile with personal attacks, you seriously need to stop before it gets out of hand.
Me coax you into your flamefest,If anything im trying to set and example of you arrogant nature.
Fine if your so edgy I'll leave you to the staff to deal with you.

CP3
January 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Had you had any knowledge about them, you'd know PS3 is on top tech wise. You'd also know Fallout 3 has the same graphics because it was built to play on both systems, instead of being built seperately.
You know what I'm not going to go into a flame war, but what I meant was that x-360 and ps3 offer similar thing but has more to offer I wasn't talking about tech anywhere in my post except for when I was talking about the graphics (that was probably where I was wrong).

Vincent.
January 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
in my opinion, i choose 360, i don't think ps3 is good but i don't have one.

Cruss
January 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Reasons for Ps3:

Ps3 has more games coming out soon. (and had best games of the year for 2008)

A cheap Blu-Ray player

Free online

Fox♠
January 25th, 2009, 05:58 PM
You know what I'm not going to go into a flame war, but what I meant was that x-360 and ps3 offer similar thing but has more to offer I wasn't talking about tech anywhere in my post except for when I was talking about the graphics (that was probably where I was wrong).

fair play mate, sorry if I offended you. I can't see what 360 offers that PS3 doesn't, outside of a better however much more expensive online service.

Aether
January 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Whichever is cheaper... they're almost the same thing IMO.

Fox♠
January 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Whichever is cheaper... they're almost the same thing IMO.

Price won't be a real issue soon, PS3 is expected to go down to $299 in April (something like £230 is the rumoured price for us Brits) which doesnt leave it miles off of the price of a (decent) 360.

Alistair
January 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Just because the price is expected to go down, that doesn't mean it will.

I would say go for the 360. Just my preference, since everyone I know has one, and we like to trade games with eachother.

If you get a 360, you will likey get a Jasper (unless you buy used, of course). The Jasper uses the new 65nm GPU process, which runs much cooler than the 90nm on the Falcon, Zephyr, Xenon, and Opus, which means lessened chance of RRoD.

Fox♠
January 26th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Just because the price is expected to go down, that doesn't mean it will.

I would say go for the 360. Just my preference, since everyone I know has one, and we like to trade games with eachother.

If you get a 360, you will likey get a Jasper (unless you buy used, of course). The Jasper uses the new 65nm GPU process, which runs much cooler than the 90nm on the Falcon, Zephyr, Xenon, and Opus, which means lessened chance of RRoD.

I worded that wrong, what I meant is Sony annouced a deff. price drop which people are expecting to happen around April.

You can tell when its a Jasper now by the code.

Arcanine
January 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM

Double standards much?

And I do feel kind of let down by the fact you've changed what I;ve said, I've never said I hated the 360. I've simply stated why I feel PS3 is superior. It's almost worrying that a member of authority would act like this. I can not stand people like that... people like you. Who go "Your post is too long. I'm not going to read it.". That really really pisses me off. You want other people to hear your side of the things, you want people to do do what you have to say. And when someone is on the other side of the fence you don't want to hear it, you brand it as "too long to read.". Well suck it up, if you don't want to deal with someone replying to you then don't start crap.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4277798&postcount=8
There's my answer to your question. If you don't understand it, or don't get what I'm saying then just reply back here.

The same goes for the link I posted above.

It is double standards, but if you don't get why I said all of that then you missed the whole point of it all.

And good, you're expanding your gaming experience. Get that 360, get some games for it, and then you'll be able to talk about both systems from the "I own both" point of view.

And I don't give a damn what you, or anyone thinks of me. I'm not going to hide behind my SA title just so I can't reply to people like you. And if you think my name being red, or being on the Staff is going to stop me from speaking my mind then you're sadly mistaken.
And if you're worried about "a member of authority" acting like this then... whoopty flippen do. You can deal with it, or... leave. Because you should be glad I'm not as narrow minded as some people (or as you might think). I don't randomly ban people, I don't randomly give infractions. And if you thought we did then you're sadly mistaken, and don't know enough about the Staff.
If you want to be worried because an SA replied to you in the tone you replied to the others then go ahead, be worried. Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me. ;.;.....", I don't care.

Fox♠
January 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I can not stand people like that... people like you. Who go "Your post is too long. I'm not going to read it.". That really really pisses me off. You want other people to hear your side of the things, you want people to do do what you have to say. And when someone is on the other side of the fence you don't want to hear it, you brand it as "too long to read.". Well suck it up, if you don't want to deal with someone replying to you then don't start crap.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4277798&postcount=8
There's my answer to your question. If you don't understand it, or don't get what I'm saying then just reply back here.

The same goes for the link I posted above.

It is double standards, but if you don't get why I said all of that then you missed the whole point of it all.

And good, you're expanding your gaming experience. Get that 360, get some games for it, and then you'll be able to talk about both systems from the "I own both" point of view.

And I don't give a damn what you, or anyone thinks of me. I'm not going to hide behind my SA title just so I can't reply to people like you. And if you think my name being red, or being on the Staff is going to stop me from speaking my mind then you're sadly mistaken.
And if you're worried about "a member of authority" acting like this then... whoopty flippen do. You can deal with it, or... leave. Because you should be glad I'm not as narrow minded as some people (or as you might think). I don't randomly ban people, I don't randomly give infractions. And if you thought we did then you're sadly mistaken, and don't know enough about the Staff.
If you want to be worried because an SA replied to you in the tone you replied to the others then go ahead, be worried. Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me. ;.;.....", I don't care.

Don't get me wrong, i tried reading your wall of text but after the third "you're slow lololol" i gave up caring, because lets be honest, no one needs to read the same thing 3 odd times in the same post.

I didn't accuse the staff, or yourself of bending rules and abusing power, I merely stated that the red username should come with the responsibility of not lowering yourself to "my level" because lets be honest here, you've acted no better than myself. Up till now I had also seen you as an honest guy, but after twisting my words, I didn't think members of Staff would be so petty. The fact you admitted to having double standards in this thread pretty much removes all credibility in what you're saying =/

It seems to me you're just trying to make an example of the "enemy". A member of staff who ignores all the bias from his own preferred consoles fanbase, but strikes at the first sign of a returned attitude from someone from the opposite side.

Run off to another Staff member and cry to them saying "Arcanine yelled at me

Why would I do that? I have no problem with the whole "Karma" thing you're trying to portray.

You're missing the point that I've played a lot of 360 games on the 360. Unlike the majority of the anti PS3 posters in this thread, who have never once touched a PS3.

Noah Ridgewood
January 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Had this been a war between Xbox 360 and Playstation 2, I would have chosen Playstation 2; but it's not, so I'm going to have to go with Xbox 360.

Playstation 3 is the only game system that I've yet to get yet and for a few reasons that I just feel are very important when picking consoles, despite the game selection out there. First, the actual system itself is extremely ugly; looks way too much like a movie logo for Spiderman than a console. Now, I've only played it a few times, and everytime I play it I notice a few things: the controller's functions really piss me off, the graphics on the games suck, the performance is jokable, etc. The list really goes on and on for terms of disappointments.

Xbox, though it hasn't always been my preferred system, is just much more reliable; though that has a lenthy list of personal opinionated cons; mainly the fact that I can't connect to Xbox Live but that's due to my computer. But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;

Fox♠
January 27th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Had this been a war between Xbox 360 and Playstation 2, I would have chosen Playstation 2; but it's not, so I'm going to have to go with Xbox 360.

Playstation 3 is the only game system that I've yet to get yet and for a few reasons that I just feel are very important when picking consoles, despite the game selection out there. First, the actual system itself is extremely ugly; looks way too much like a movie logo for Spiderman than a console. Now, I've only played it a few times, and everytime I play it I notice a few things: the controller's functions really piss me off, the graphics on the games suck, the performance is jokable, etc. The list really goes on and on for terms of disappointments.

Xbox, though it hasn't always been my preferred system, is just much more reliable; though that has a lenthy list of personal opinionated cons; mainly the fact that I can't connect to Xbox Live but that's due to my computer. But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;

How can the graphics suck when they're on the same level as 360 graphics and at times higher?

Noah Ridgewood
January 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
How can the graphics suck when they're on the same level as 360 graphics and at times higher?

That's my opinion; didn't say you had to agree with it. Questioning my opinion isn't going to change it (nor show any dominance of your own opinion), so,.. yeah. If you don't agree with it, you don't agree with it. No sense in doing anything in rebuttle to it.

To answer your question: They just do?

Capt. Couch
January 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
To a point, that holds ground. In terms of potential, the PS3 does have much larger graphical capabilities. However, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a variety of games which have native HD resolutions of 720p-1280p, and with the lack of exclusives between the two systems in mind, the fact that the Xbox 360 still uses the DVD-9 format (something I haven't exactly been pleased with) brings up space issues for the Xbox 360 version of the game in question. For time and money purposes, the developers usually just pump out both versions of the game with the same resolutions and quality. First and second-party developers for specifically PS3 games typically go above the bar for a nicer-looking game.

Sometimes though, even though graphical improvements have been claimed between the jump from 360 to PS3, a side-by-side comparison will usually prove that these advances are virtually indifferent when viewed under the same resolutions on the same HDTV. Bioshock is a good example of this. There are other factors to consider though: the refresh rate of the television, the television's native resolution, and the fact that there is a point in modern-day graphics where the naked human eye will be unable to tell the difference.

Tombstone975
January 28th, 2009, 03:30 AM
But ever since the new dashboard was released; I've disliked it more and more. It's ugly and hard to navigate. I want the old one back. ;~;I agree,The old Dashboard was easy to navigate much easy to find what you need in a hurry,the new look is ok i guess but the cost of taking your time to find what you need.

Fox♠
January 29th, 2009, 06:21 AM
To a point, that holds ground. In terms of potential, the PS3 does have much larger graphical capabilities. However, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a variety of games which have native HD resolutions of 720p-1280p, and with the lack of exclusives between the two systems in mind, the fact that the Xbox 360 still uses the DVD-9 format (something I haven't exactly been pleased with) brings up space issues for the Xbox 360 version of the game in question. For time and money purposes, the developers usually just pump out both versions of the game with the same resolutions and quality. First and second-party developers for specifically PS3 games typically go above the bar for a nicer-looking game.

Sometimes though, even though graphical improvements have been claimed between the jump from 360 to PS3, a side-by-side comparison will usually prove that these advances are virtually indifferent when viewed under the same resolutions on the same HDTV. Bioshock is a good example of this. There are other factors to consider though: the refresh rate of the television, the television's native resolution, and the fact that there is a point in modern-day graphics where the naked human eye will be unable to tell the difference.

I agree completely, I made a mistake of stating Bioshock looked better on PS3. To say the PS3 graphics suck when normally they are the same as the 360s and vice versa is a ridiclious statement at best.

To answer your question: They just do?[/
I'm...beyond words really. I'm not even going to flatter that with a decent reply.