View Full Version : A question of choice..

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 15th, 2009, 8:39 AM
Let's say, that you were in a situation where you were responsible for the lives of your family unit (i.e, mother father, sibling/s etc.) and the lives of your family down the line (i.e, wife, children etc.) just imagine you are in that situation. doesn't matter how, or why, but you are. and only one family unit could live. which would you let survive?

i understand that is a VERY hard question. i can't even think of an answer XD

Gold warehouse
January 15th, 2009, 8:49 AM
Wife and children, no doubt about it, you are responsible for them and they have more life ahead of them than your parents.

January 15th, 2009, 9:10 AM
Yep. my parents would tell me to take it like a man face their death and save the wife and children as they have a bright future ahead.

January 15th, 2009, 9:22 AM
um...ppl he said ONE family member...it would have to be my child...I hope I would only have on at the time...LOL...but that seriously is a tough question...I actually had to think for a moment...

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 15th, 2009, 9:24 AM
um...ppl he said ONE family member...it would have to be my child...I hope I would only have on at the time...LOL...but that seriously is a tough question...I actually had to think for a moment...

actually, a family unit is a mother, a father, and children. they're the members of someones core family. so the choice is either your mother, father and siblings, or your wife and kids. lol no worries QK.

January 15th, 2009, 9:30 AM
Without a doubt, wife and kid(s). I have no real need to explain why, except they would probably mean more to me than my parents, no disrespect to them at all.

January 15th, 2009, 3:18 PM
My mother. I know that people would think of me as cruel, but my religion teaches me that a mother should be the one you listen to before everyone, except God himself. So she would be spared, unless she wants my kids to live or something...

January 15th, 2009, 3:55 PM
I would say my kids and wife aswellas they are you and everything about you and im sure that my parents would say the same

January 15th, 2009, 4:06 PM
Seeing as I have three siblings, this one won't be easy...

Question: Would self-sacrifice result in both halves of my immediate family surviving?

the bitter end.
January 15th, 2009, 4:13 PM
Hmm... Wife and Children, as my Parents are likely to have lived a full life at that point, and my siblings are annoying >.>

January 16th, 2009, 6:26 AM
I'm not having a spouse and children so that's an easy one for me — existing family lives, good for them.

January 16th, 2009, 7:09 AM
I'd have to pick my Wife and children and I think my parents would say the same thing.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 16th, 2009, 7:17 AM
I have actually thought about my own answer to this question and decided that my parents would probably tell me to save my wife and kids. ZETTA CONCLUSION! XD

and to the earlier post: self sacrifice is not an option, you HAVE to survive. that makes the question harder, see? XD

kissing. raindrops
January 16th, 2009, 2:51 PM
Although I love my mom and dad and sister, I would save my husband and my children. Self explanatory =/

Harley Quinn
January 16th, 2009, 2:53 PM
My male child.
My bloodline must continue.

January 16th, 2009, 3:02 PM
Oh, that's horrible. My brothers and sister or my children!? I could not image my life without my brothers and sister...Heh, I'll be cheap and say I don't have a husband and children at the moment, so my parents and siblings because I'm not rescuing non-existant people before living ones XD

January 16th, 2009, 5:29 PM
That's confusing. I can't choose whether to save my siblings or children or my spouse...

January 16th, 2009, 7:38 PM
This is such a painful question to think about. D: ugh. I believe that my parents would tell me to spare my husband and children. They have bright futures ahead of them, just like most other people have said. But still, I'd be completely torn apart if I had to leave my parents and brother behind. That wouldn't stop me from saving the lives of my children, though. I would have brought them into the world, so it would be my responsibility to keep them alive and well.

;__; buuu.

January 16th, 2009, 9:52 PM
That's a hard question. I would save my Grandfather. I still don't have a family yet.

January 16th, 2009, 9:56 PM
That's a hard question. I would save my Grandfather. I still don't have a family yet.

Utterly illogical...

This is difficult. But I would prefer my offspring. Preservation of the species...

January 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
A choice between my bro and wife? I'll just sit there doing nothing at all, cause I can't make a decision where I'm equally on both sides.

But currently, I don't have a wife yet, so my brother all the way, lol.

January 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
What kind of twisted question is this? >_>

I'm not married and I don't have children.... but honestly. I have 2 brothers, 2 sisters, and 2 parents. If I had my children and my wife..... you know, this is messed up. I pray this question won't ever come up in real life. I seriously could not choose. They're my family..

EDIT: "I pray this question" not "thank pray this question". Time for bed.. XD

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 17th, 2009, 2:36 AM
Lol i have to admit the question is purposefully like that, Blue Drifblim..XD The question also assumes that at the time, you have a wife and children, otherwise there wouldn't be a question, would there? =P

But yeah it's pretty twisted on my part..>.>

January 18th, 2009, 2:51 AM
Brother and parents. You can remarry, but nobody gets more than one set of biological parents.

The Post Count
January 18th, 2009, 6:00 AM
Wife and kids. I wouldnt care about the family unit where I'm the child, but if my sister had the same choice and picked her man, I wouldnt be suprised.

Its human nature?