PDA

View Full Version : YouTube for Television

Eon-Rider
January 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Don't have an Apple TV or a TiVo box, and have been lusting after watching YouTube videos from your couch? If you've got a Nintendo Wii or a Sony PlayStation 3 video game console, the Google property has just released an overhauled version of its living room-friendly console interface that puts it about on par with those two offerings.

By visiting Youtube.com/TV in your Opera or PS3 browser, you get a new layout that lets you browse and search through videos. Additionally, videos can be set to go full-screen by default, including large, remote control-friendly buttons that don't make you squint. There's also an option to autoplay the next video in a playlist or from search results after the current one is over.

One thing to note is that the special TV version of the site cannot be accessed in your PC's browser without using a special browser add-on like User Agent Switcher, which can trick YouTube into thinking that you're visiting the site from your console. If you've got a Mac Mini hooked up to your TV, this might be your best bet.

Article (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10143648-2.html)

Isn't that so cool? xD

Yay for Nintendo Wii and PS3. =D

Counterfeit
January 15th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I'm going to have to try this out on my Xbox; I already have a Youtube home-brew app, but boy is it sluggish. D:

Empire
January 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I have to try this on my PS3.
This is gonna be cool.

Although im not on YT much anymore.

matt561
January 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Im gonna have to say youtube on this one because TV is useless athe the moment its all repeats

Zet
January 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
well since you're using your PS3 and Wii to visit youtube this really belongs in Other Games
moves~

Fox♠
January 16th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Im gonna have to say youtube on this one because TV is useless athe the moment its all repeats

You do realise we're talking about Youtube viewing via Wii/PS3 don't you?

Eon-Rider
January 16th, 2009, 04:25 AM
well since you're using your PS3 and Wii to visit youtube this really belongs in Other Games
moves~
Dang, I kind of knew at the back of my head but posted it in the Tech forum anyway.
You do realise we're talking about Youtube viewing via Wii/PS3 don't you?

Haha. I guess he missed the "f" in for.

wakachamo
January 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm going to have to try this out on my Xbox; I already have a Youtube home-brew app, but boy is it sluggish. D:

Good luck finding a good web browser for it.

Fox♠
January 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Good luck finding a good web browser for it.

QFT

Besides, the new youtube thing is for PS3/Wii browser, not 360.

Counterfeit
January 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Linksbocks? (http://ysbox.online.fr/) I've had it for a number of years. 0.o

At no point did I even mention a 360, I thought that'd be clear from the home-brew app I spoke of. o.o'

Aizuke
January 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Oh that's pretty awesome, since I always watch Youtube stuff on my PS3. XD

Caelus
January 16th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I have to try this out, especially with the amount of troubles I had viewing Youtube on my Wii.
Full-screen seems like, as well as the remote-friendly buttons.

AtomicoExploda
January 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Whoooo... Cool!! I haz to try this out!!

Fox♠
January 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Do you mean old skool xbox then?

Haza
January 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Wow. And I was happy using it as it was but this is great.

Counterfeit
January 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Yeah I do, I'll think I'll be trying this out on it today.