• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube for Television

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Don't have an Apple TV or a TiVo box, and have been lusting after watching YouTube videos from your couch? If you've got a Nintendo Wii or a Sony PlayStation 3 video game console, the Google property has just released an overhauled version of its living room-friendly console interface that puts it about on par with those two offerings.

By visiting Youtube.com/TV in your Opera or PS3 browser, you get a new layout that lets you browse and search through videos. Additionally, videos can be set to go full-screen by default, including large, remote control-friendly buttons that don't make you squint. There's also an option to autoplay the next video in a playlist or from search results after the current one is over.

One thing to note is that the special TV version of the site cannot be accessed in your PC's browser without using a special browser add-on like User Agent Switcher, which can trick YouTube into thinking that you're visiting the site from your console. If you've got a Mac Mini hooked up to your TV, this might be your best bet.

Article

Isn't that so cool? xD

Yay for Nintendo Wii and PS3. =D

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm going to have to try this out on my Xbox; I already have a Youtube home-brew app, but boy is it sluggish. D:

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
Im gonna have to say youtube on this one because TV is useless athe the moment its all repeats

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Im gonna have to say youtube on this one because TV is useless athe the moment its all repeats

You do realise we're talking about Youtube viewing via Wii/PS3 don't you?

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Linksbocks? I've had it for a number of years. 0.o

At no point did I even mention a 360, I thought that'd be clear from the home-brew app I spoke of. o.o'

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I have to try this out, especially with the amount of troubles I had viewing Youtube on my Wii.
Full-screen seems like, as well as the remote-friendly buttons.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Wow. And I was happy using it as it was but this is great.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Yeah I do, I'll think I'll be trying this out on it today.

Back