PDA

View Full Version : Ringneck Dove :D

Kite Katsumi
January 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm very excited to announce that after years of hoping, my dream of owning a ringneck dove is coming true!
We contacted a lovely lady about $15 baby ringnecks last night, and made arrangements today to go pick one tomorrow. The only catch is..its a 1 hour, 45 minute drive just to get there. But everything comes at a price, no?
I'll post pictures of my new baby tomorrow after it has some time to settle in. I can't believe its finally happening!

God
January 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Even though I think that parrots > doves, congrats on owning your dream.

Kite Katsumi
January 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Even though I think that parrots > doves, congrats on owning your dream.

Thanks :3 My sister has an African Grey parrot, he's not friendly at all. My mom also wanted me to get a bird that couldn't rip chunks out of my fingers too, which I understand XD I love the cooing of doves. My sister's parrot can talk and imitate voices, and its pretty cool, but he doesn't know when to stop :P

the bitter end.
January 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Doves...Interesting. It all depends on yuor personality, if your outgoing pick parrots, if your quiet and calmer, pick doves.

♣Gawain♣
January 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Ringneck doves are the most commonly kept doves by fanciers and collectors. Latin or Scientific name: Streptopelia resolia. They can be found only in the Americas(although they are domesticated around the world, and numerous varieties has been produced through breeding of other doves and pigeons(Columbidae)).
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/birds/doves_pigeons/Images/RingneckTangerineWBDo_P1113.jpg

They are also quite cute too! Especially this tangerine colored variety. And I do not own one.

matt561
January 16th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I had one that i trained to be a cariier pidgeon it was brilliant

Kite Katsumi
January 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/Kite_Katsumi/Indoor%20Pets/Raine.png 2 1/2 month old, very friendly and mellow bird ^^ I named him/her Raine after a friend.

God
January 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I know someone named Raine. <3
Congrats on your purchase.

Kite Katsumi
January 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I know someone named Raine. <3
Congrats on your purchase.

Thank you! ^^ S/he was preening a few minutes ago...s/he loves the perches :3

ErickaVolt
January 16th, 2009, 09:55 PM
What a cute dove. I want hug them! *hugs* xD

Kite Katsumi
January 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM
What a cute dove. I want hug them! *hugs* xD
Thanks ^^ She's definitely a cute one! (We won't know her gender for awhile, but mom's been calling her a her, so its rubbed off onto me now x.x)

.Ozymandias
January 17th, 2009, 07:03 AM
She is very beautiful! Congratulations on her :D

Kite Katsumi
January 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM
She is very beautiful! Congratulations on her :D
Thanks! ^^ She was the prettiest one the lady had.

Yrie
January 17th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Oh wow, they're just adorable. It stinks that my sister's sort of semi-allergic. I'm glad you were able to get a dove after wishing for one for so long, she's definitely beautiful, and Raine's such a pretty name for her!

Kite Katsumi
January 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Oh wow, they're just adorable. It stinks that my sister's sort of semi-allergic. I'm glad you were able to get a dove after wishing for one for so long, she's definitely beautiful, and Raine's such a pretty name for her!
I always missed having birds. We used to have lovebirds (peach-faced, I believe..or something like that), parakeets, and cockatiels (which we bred too). But my doctor told my mom birds were unhealthy to have in a household with children due to the amount of dust they make, so she sold all the birds v.v But I recently got a chinchilla, so the dust wasn't a liable excuse anymore XD
Thank you so much, I'm glad people like her name ^^