PDA

View Full Version : Emerald's Battle Frontier Extravaganza: A Battle Frontier Challenge.

Skip Shot
January 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Emerald's Battle Frontier Extravaganza!

Everyone knows that Emerald's Battle Frontier is one of the most challenging aspects of Emerald. I have decided to create a challenge for Emerald for the Battle Frontier, just to see how hard it is.

RULES
To enter the challenge:
- You can be at any point in the game, as long as you haven't competed in any Frontier venues yet.
- You can choose 4 pokemon from the list below. You can use any 4 Pokemon, even if they have been claimed. However, you can't have the same 4 Pokemon combination as another person has.
- Using the 4 Pokemon, you must get all Silver and Gold symbols from the frontier. The only exception to this Rule is the Battle Factory.
- Your challenge ends when you have received all of the symbols.
-Breeding, Trading, and TM abusage are recommended, but hacking and glitches are not allowed.
- When you sign up, post your name and the 4 Pokemon you wish to use in the following format:

Name: Costa
Pokemon: Metagross, Milotic, Regice, Starmie

- You must post a log at least once a week, or you will be booted from the challenge.
- Signups close on February 9th. The challenge has an infinite time to complete.
- The person who gets all Symbols in the fastest amount of game time wins the challenge.
- If anyone can make a banner for the victory prize for this challenge, I would greatly appreciate it.
- The Pokemon below have been chosen for being extraordinary in the Battle Frontier. Don't complain if you don't see Pikachu or Numel on there, because they wouldn't survive in the Frontier anyways.
- If you mis-EV train a pokemon, or you decide change its moves and EVs based on the Frontier, feel free too, as long as you log it here. Oh, and losses don't affect your challenge status as well.
-To calculate your game time, record the time that you began your first Frontier challenge, and the time that you won your final Symbol. Subtract the two times to get an overall time.

Pokemon You Can Use

-Venusaur
-Charizard
-Blastoise
-Rhydon
-Magmar
-Electabuzz
-Vaporeon
-Jolteon
-Machamp
-Chansey
-Clefable
-Alakazam
-Sceptile
-Blaziken
-Swampert
-Starmie
-Suicune
-Entei
-Raikou
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-Articuno
-Tyranitar
-Salamence
-Gyarados
-Magneton
-Snorlax
-Medicham
-Regice
-Registeel
-Regirock
-Skarmory
-Swampert
-Espeon
-Umbreon
-Aerodactyl
-Metagross
-Typhlosion
-Feraligatr
-Meganium
-Miltank
-Ampharos
-Heracross
-Slaking
-Wobbufett
-Golduck
-Pinsir
-Hariyama
-Crobat
-Sudowoodo
-Golem
-Tentacruel
-Alakazam
-Slowbro
-Slowking
-Forretress
-Flygon
-Dusclops
-Quagsire
-Ninetales
-Weezing
-Muk
-Gardevoir
-Arcanine
-Jumpluff
-Skarmory
-Lapras
-Porygon2
-Breloom
-Steelix
-Ursaring
-Marowak
-Walrein
-Glalie
-Raichu
-Banette
-Gengar
-Claydol
-Cacturne
-Camerupt
-Vileplume

If you think another Pokemon should be on there, let me know, and state your reasons why.

If you ever want advice as to sets for your certain Pokemon to use in the Battle Frontier, you can either check Smogon, or request for a 3rd gen moveset in the Battle Frontier Discussion in the Strategies and Movesets forum. Remember to say its for a challenge, so you can't sub Pokemon!

Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/
Battle Frontier Discussion: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=162131&page=8

Trainers who have signed up (deadline is February 9th)

Sc4rfCh0mp- Milotic, Metagross, Starmie, Regice
PokemonMichael- Rhydon, Gyarados, Metagross, Gardevoir
hothead- Charizard, Slaking, Metagross, Glalie
-{JD}- - Quagisre, Gyarados, Donphan, Ampharos
Agamo- Blaziken, Flygon, Metagross, Salamence
Tashiro- Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Regirock
Ninja Caterpie- Sceptile, Gardevoir, Metagross, ???? (Regice?)

PokemonMichael
January 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
name: PokemonMichael
pokemon: Rhydon, Gyrados ,Metagross, Gardevoir

is that right?
and pikachu should be, if it has lightball it makes a good glass cannon

AuraAshley
January 17th, 2009, 08:22 PM
>>>> i dont understand what you mean<<<<

hothead
January 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
well i havent completed any frontire things yet i have chosen my pokes
Trainer Sora
1 Charizard
2. Slaking
3. Metagross
4 i want glalie because i think it is the best ice type and it is great ev trained on my emerald and it is my only other lv 100 so get back to me with the glalie

True Reign
January 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Before I sign up, I have a question to ask. If your not at the Battle Frontier yet, do you still have to post logs?

PokemonMichael
January 17th, 2009, 08:55 PM
ill start posting logs when i get there.
currently battling team magma in there hide out.
within a few days ill be there .

Skip Shot
January 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
name: PokemonMichael
pokemon: Rhydon, Gyrados ,Metagross, Gardevoir

is that right?
and pikachu should be, if it has lightball it makes a good glass cannon
True, but I feel as if Pikachu is outclassed by Raichu, and glass cannons don't do so well in the Frontier imo.

well i havent completed any frontire things yet i have chosen my pokes
Trainer Sora
1 Charizard
2. Slaking
3. Metagross
4 i want glalie because i think it is the best ice type and it is great ev trained on my emerald and it is my only other lv 100 so get back to me with the glalie
Oops. I forgot about him lol. glalie is on the list, and ur in.

-;4289552']Before I sign up, I have a question to ask. If your not at the Battle Frontier yet, do you still have to post logs?
When you get to the Battle Frontier, you are required to post logs. Before that, its optional.

I responded to you all in bold. My current log? Well, I'm currently trying to breed an Adamant Beldum, and growing berries for Feebas to evolve.

True Reign
January 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you for the quick response, Scarfchomp - I will happily accept your challenge.

Still upset that there is no Donphan on there, but oh well.

The form is in the spoiler.

Form:
Name: JD
Pokemon: Quagsire, Ampharos, Donphan, and Gyarados

Skip Shot
January 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
-;4289667']Thank you for the quick response, Scarfchomp - I will happily accept your challenge.

Still upset that there is no Donphan on there, but oh well.

The form is in the spoiler.

Form:
Name: JD
Pokemon: Quagsire, Ampharos, Ursaring, and Muk

ugh... theres too many pokemon to list, its easy to forget. Donphan is up there now. If you want to, you can change, since I didn't open the spoiler.

True Reign
January 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Thank you, Scarfchomp. I'll get started early tomorrow morning.

hothead
January 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Ive already started and i have a silver luck symbol From Lucy had to teach my Charizard Solarbeam To get passed Milotic
Used
Charizard
Slaking
Glalie

battle went like this
Charizard killed seviper
She sent milotic
Charizard
Solar beamed it twice
she sent out Shuckel I killed it with charizard's Steel wing

PokemonMichael
January 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
thanks for the quick response.
yes i suppose raichu is a bit better and you are right. Battle Fronteir isn't a glass cannon place really

Agamo
January 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Name:Erik
Pokemon: Blaziken Flygon Metagross Salamence

Edit: Sorry forgot I restarted only just beat elite 4 I might enterif i train up in time not likely only got: Lv 21 trapinch Lv 25 Metang Lv 35 Bagon Torchic Egg

Skip Shot
January 19th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Name:Erik
Pokemon: Blaziken Flygon Metagross Salamence

Edit: Sorry forgot I restarted only just beat elite 4 I might enterif i train up in time not likely only got: Lv 21 trapinch Lv 25 Metang Lv 35 Bagon Torchic Egg

If you had just beaten the E4, why did you restart? 0.0 The rules say that as long as you haven't challenged any place in the Fronteir, you're fine. 0.0

True Reign
January 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I'll post my log as I have just defeated Juan and currently training for the Elite For.

Right now I'm training my Donphan to level fifty which won't be very hard. Donphan takes alot of experience points after a battle (I got seven hundred for just defeating a level twenty-five Tentacool). I should finish Donphan, or get close to it, by the end of Victory Road. When that happens I plan on training Blaziken and Gyarados. I should finish this all by today. If I finish all this, I'll go and catch an Ampharos and a Quagsire. When I do that, I'll rebreed my requested Pokemon to get some egg moves and such. Then I'll start EVing training which shouldn't take long (maybe two Pokemon a day if I try hard enough).

Skip Shot
January 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Well, I need to post my log. Currently, I'm still in the process of breeding and hunting for Feebas. I have gone and caught a couple of more Dittos, although none have the 30-31 Attack IV that I want for Metagross...

Ninja Caterpie
January 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
:P

Name: HENRY (In-game)
Pokemon: Sceptile, Gardevoir, Metagross, Nothing yet (Regice, maybe)
I normally only use 3 Pokemans for the Frontier but I'll pick my fourth from what I do in the Factory. :D

Currently, I'm in between EV-training my three Pokemon and tearing the Factory apart.

Skip Shot
January 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
OK. Factory is rental Pokemon, what do you mean by what you do in the Factory?

(Happy Birthday, btw)

Ninja Caterpie
January 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
OK. Factory is rental Pokemon, what do you mean by what you do in the Factory?

(Happy Birthday, btw)

I'm going to use a lot of Rentals so I'll see which ones I like. :D

(Thanks, btw)

Oh, and I lost my streak in the Factory, so :\
Now I'm on 1, swept the whole poor girl's team with Kingdra.

Skip Shot
January 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Time for another update!

- I have been attempting to catch a Calm Regice for the Battle Fronteir with no success so far. I got an Adamant one with great Defensive IVs @_@ but it would ruin BoltBeaming, so I resetted.