PDA

View Full Version : How much do you actually care?

Idiot!
January 18th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Seeing quite a lot of appearance threads, I couldn't help myself but to make this one.

How much does appearance matter to you? Can you walk out of the house directly after waking up? Or must everything be 100% perfect?

The appearance I am talking about applies to both yours and the person(s) you see.

matt561
January 18th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Well i get up and go thats about it though mainly because my hair has the ability to comb its self...that and i wear a hat

The Post Count
January 18th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I dont care about appearence much, I just move my hair into a side fringe and donee :D

the bitter end.
January 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Well, i can't go off looking like an idiot, but for the most part I don't really care xD

I wake up, take a shower, brush my hair, start school.

Blue_Drifblim
January 18th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Put on your Sunday morning best... XD

Kazukii
January 18th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'll look at myself before I go out. But it's not as if I'll just walk out the house with my hair all ruffled and my clothes scruffy.

Yrie
January 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Though I tend not to judge people on their appearance, I still nevertheless believe that anyone should at least make a small effort to look presentable, since the majority of the population here in the U.S. tend to make first impressions based on appearance, and usually their impression of you will be better if you look better, or at least if you bothered to comb your hair. So yeah, even being someone who cares less about appearance than about personality, would you want to be around someone who didn’t comb their hair and wore scruffy clothes and stuff? So appearance does make a difference, or rather, hygiene, but still. I don’t obsess over my appearance though, cause its not worth the time and energy to spend an hour in front of a mirror each morning like some girls I know, but I do shower, brush my teeth , comb my hair, and not wear clothes that were worn two days in a row.

devilicious
January 18th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I think looking at least decent is a must. Having your own style is great, but you could at least try not to look like a hobo.

But that's all I care. Basically, 'as long as you feel good about yourself, but not too much'.

Cassino
January 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM
As one of many bearers of lengthy hair, I must at least wash and brush that; but no, like last week I had chainsaw trousers and skateboarding shoes on, really doesn't match but the reality of this world is that no one is going to kill me for it.

As for other people, again, I don't care.

Zorua
January 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I care about my appearance moderately. I at least try to make myself look decent at best. I don't dress fancy unless I'm in the mood for it, or it actually depends on the situation. But since I dress fancy all that time, I that doesn't matter anyway.

Yamikarasu
January 18th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I care about my appearance, but I don't think its excessively. I'll take a shower before I go out or something so my teenage-y hair and skin aren't all greasy. I usually pick clothes that are comfortable to wear and don't make me look fat.

Gold warehouse
January 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Brush hair, wash face, clean teeth; Nothing too extravagant but I do put some effort in to make myself at least presentable. I don't usually care about other people but if they stink like a cesspit and have hair that looks like an oil soaked mop then I will care.

Signomi
January 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I'd like to look presentable if I am to go outside straight after waking up, especially when I come across other people. And it's not about presentation alone that I put as a priority, it's my comfort. There is no way I could feel physically comfortable with myself if I went out without brushing my hair, my teeth, not washing my face, not dressing nicely, not showering, etc; I'd feel like one heck of a slug. Not to mention I also wash every morning and evening just to ensure my comfortability. It's a little obsession I haven't thought about getting over, since it leads to only positives.

viridian doubletongue
January 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm so good looking it doesn't matter what I do.

Counterfeit
January 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Depends what happened the night before, or my mood.

Some of you in the UK may well have had a treat for the eyes as I strolled down to the supermarket in my duvet, underwear and a t-shirt..

Trap-Eds
January 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Depends what happened the night before, or my mood.

Some of you in the UK may well have had a treat for the eyes as I strolled down to the supermarket in my duvet, underwear and a t-shirt..

xD Okay, I hope you wore boxers. :)

As for me, I don't really care for makeup and such; neat hair, a little Chapstick, some jeans and socks, and a T-shirt is good enough for me. And my glasses. :t329:
I've seen people putting on tons of makeup at the weirdest places/times. At school, on the subway train, at the library...sheesh.

.Ozymandias
January 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I have to be looking perfect whenever I leave the house; I hate the thought of anyone seeing me without make-up on, without clothes that match and neat and tidy hair.

Haza
January 18th, 2009, 12:28 PM
My appearance means everything to me. If I have a zit I think about it all day. Im constantly making sure my hair is in place and I spend years in the mirror a day.

I would never date a person who did not care for their presentation to me.

레트로
January 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
My schedule:
Wake up, lay in bed for 5 minutes, take a shower, brush my teeth for a minute or two, blow dry my short hair[LOL], comb my hair, throw on some clothes, eat something and walk to the bus, hoping I'm not late. ^^;

Guillermo
January 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Well. sometimes I spike my hair and wear good shoes and a nice shirt, but most of the time I don't really care.

Most of the time I just leave the house with messy hair. XD;

Aurafire
January 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Well in all honesty, I should probably pay a bit more attention to my appearance. Sometimes I don't do much with my hair or I'll leave the house in a sweat **** and sport pants (my mom doesn't like that XD). I don't think I look bad though...I mean, I'd never go anywhere important without taking a shower and brushing up first =P

Mariah Carey
January 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
As my hair is too short to really do anything, I leave it as it is. But I do however, wear good clothes out.

kissing. raindrops
January 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Well I don't care about makeup, unlike all the other girls at my school XP
I just need to shower before I go out, make sure my hair is dead straight, (it's naturally straight, so I just go over it with a few strokes from my straightener) and my bangs have to be just right for me to be able to go out. XD

Appearance of other people.. I don't mind anything =)

Yu_&_Rei
January 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I really like looking good when I go out, Even thought I dress casual for normal times I try to have it look fancy and chic. I do make my own styles too, some are stolen but not many can complete it :P I dont usually care of others appearances but if they look like total drab I get annoyed.

WriteThemWrong
January 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I do like my hair to be perfect, I still remember those days of long hair and how it would blow in the wind so now I have short spikey hair. I wear sweats and t-shirts out all the time, it not that big of a deal to me. Of course when its something important like a job interview I clean up

♣Gawain♣
January 20th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I care as much as I care for my cactuses. Good appearance means good self-esteem and confidence.

Candy Christina
January 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Well, I don't want to go out looking all crazy, so I care quite a bit about how I look. :P It's not an obsessive thing though, but I guess brushing my hair like 100 times over and over is a bit much. xP

Arago
January 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM
My friends would know that the only thing I care about is my hair. My hair basically makes or breaks my appearance depending on what it looks like. I can't count how many times I fix my hair a day. I fix my hair regardless of if I'm going out or not. At school, I use the light reflecting off the desks to fix my hair when need be. If need be, I refuse to go out of the house if I can't fix my hair the way I want it.

jasonresno
January 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I like to look alright. I'll make sure I'm comfortable with how I look and that's about all that matters.

Hurricano
January 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I care mostly about my own appearance, more than about the appearance of other persons.

Aokiji
January 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I don't really care much. I just wear things that I think that look good, and I don't really care what others think about it. Same as with my hair, my parents think my hair is too long, but I like it. (I do need a haircut though)

KurlyFries
January 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I need at least 20 minutes to shower and pamper my hair with products and conditioners that I thought were once indicators of flamboyant homosexuality.

Now, I depend upon them.
I mean, my hair is my method of attracting women, so I have to get these curly locks of love to look AWESOME.

Also, I don't exactly care if I have a ketchup stain on a pair of already-worn jeans or if my clothes don't quite match. As far as I care, everything matches with blue jeans.

Capt. Couch
January 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
My appearance does matter to me, but only to a point. I'd rather have my hair combed straight and clean my face of its oils, but in terms of clothes, I really don't care. A t-shirt and jeans is fine by me, I just don't like what people consider to be "trendy."

Raven-NAR-32450
January 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM
i at least have to be bathed and clothed before i go out........but appearance doesn't matter

.inLOVE
January 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
A lot. And yet, I can never get it the way I want. Incredible.

¡No Hablo Inglés!
January 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM
I don't care too much about my appearance, but I still feel uncomfortable leaving my house before I've at least showered and put on some decent clothes. As for my hair, it's curly, so I don't really have to do much with it other than washing it, so that's never really an issue for me. ;D

Melody
January 21st, 2009, 10:17 PM
I seriously dont pay much attention to my appearance unless I'm actually trying to be social. I dont ever do much with my hair, I dont really shave often (It's a nuisance to me. I'm not worried about a bit of a beard/mustache really. I only shave it when it gets to a certain noticeable length)
But when I do feel sociable, I'll make sure I'm shaven and have my hair trimmed. I always throw on clean clothes when I'm going somewhere, though even though I do bathe when I need to, I dont bother with deodorant or anything like that unless I'm going to be working all day or out all day.
I only bother with the bare minimums most of the time. I think anyone who judges others by the amount of self care products they slop on during the morning/evening routines are shallow. It's not that I think taking care of yourself is bad, I just happen to feel that certain things are just...unneccessary. I was raised up to be thrifty. Therefore I have no need for fancy rituals to take care of my body. I go by the bare minimum needed to be acceptable. I dont even worry about clothes, as long as they're clean, and they match well I'm fine. When I do shop for clothes, I only get khaki pants, and I'm really picky about the shirts I get. Usually shirts with collars or t-shirts.

Goðafoss
January 22nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
I absolutely can't stand it when my hair isn't looking good.

I straighten my hair with a straightener, because that looks a lot better in combination with my face etc., and I like it more.
But sometimes, it is a little curly, and I absolutely can't stand that. I'd rather miss the bus than that my hair looks bad.

Ohyeah, and I wash my face, put deo on, sometimes aftershave, I shave, brush my teeth etc. of course, but those are the usual things imo.
I take a shower in the evening. :]

Michii
January 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
I care a whooollllleeee fricken lot. My clothes need to be perfect, as does my hair. My makeup needs to be on just right, and my bag has to match my outfit. My hair has to be straightened or blow dried to perfection. Heck, my socks have to match my outfit sometimes. I wear my styled converse with the styled clothes I wear. For example, squiggly converse with squiggly/design filled shirt. Appearance is really important to me, especially since I have really low self esteem to begin with. D:
And it's not just for others. It's to prove myself to... myself. I need to make myself know when I look good. Get it? Kinda sorta maybe? :321

Gumball Watterson
January 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Me...Dirty...Out of house?

Never! For me, I must be perfectly nice and clean. I wake up, I apply Axe, drink my coffee, brush my teeth, and go to school and flirt with the hottest girls :D.

Now if I only I had time to take a bath, maybe I wouldn't be failing so much.

.inLOVE
January 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Me...Dirty...Out of house?

Never! For me, I must be perfectly nice and clean. I wake up, I apply Axe, drink my coffee, brush my teeth, and go to school and flirt with the hottest girls :D.

Now if I only I had time to take a bath, maybe I wouldn't be failing so much.

I SAYS QUIT FLIRTING.

Yeah, I know I already answered this, but it needs more detail.

I spend at least 30 minutes in the shower, mainly on my hair, then get out and carefully apply -insert expensive product here-. Then I get dressed, once again, CAREFULLY so I don't mess up my hair, and then do everything else. Although, the inside matters more.

>Feelings<
January 23rd, 2009, 03:59 AM
Appearence doesn't matter to me at all. A little care about it always good though...

But really, I never care about appearences of other people, unless they look outright weird (how about half-naked?)

And as for myself, I don't care that much, being the busy guy. I only care about it when I'm going to visit someone, and even then only a little.
For example: despite having hair upto my shoulder, I never brush them. I like the way they look unbrushed, maybe just some little strokes with my hand...

Kite Katsumi
January 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
I run a brush through my hair (because mom makes me) and call it good. If someone's gonna judge me at a glance, they're not worth my time.

Lana.
January 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
For myself, I just brush/comb my hair into the side bangs I want. It take me about five minutes to pick an outfit, and I'm out the door after brushing my teeth. I shower at night, not in the morning, so blow-drying isn't a problem either.

For others, however, I will admit I do judge quite a bit on appearances. But I can easily change them. I do tend to avoid those that looked like they rolled out of bed, because they likely have no ambition and that's not the kind of person I want to be friends with.

Ice_Emperor
January 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
I went to school in jeans I've been wearing since Sunday, socks I've been wearing since wensday, a shirt I had on yesterday, my only pair of shoes, and a green day shirt on top of the other shirt, it was cold. I put on my leather jacket and walked out the door without messing with my hair.
I don't give the slightest bit of a d*mn.
When I got home I changed out of the other shirts, put on a dirty white Tee and walked out the door again.
Maybe this is why I could never be a metrosexual...

~MasterMind~
January 30th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I would love to just walk out of my house after waking up
but i have a mother that stops me ._.

h POKE
January 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM
GAHHHHH! My hair is in a permanent state of disrepair. Sometimes I wake up and it juts up vertically, then doesn't go away. I can basically pour buckets of water on my head and still not be able to fix it...

I don't care about my clothes, though. As a general rule, jeans + shirt = fine
I'm not really trying to impress anyone. (and the way some of the girls at my school dress, I don't think they are either...)

Aether
January 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I only really care about how my hair looks and how I smell... otherwise I'm always good to go.

Conman
January 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I thrive on not caring about a lot of things, this is no different. Though I won't go outside with messy hair, it has to be at least decent if I'm going somewhere like the mall. Everything else is meh...long as w/e I'm wearing doesn't have holes or rips, I'm fine.

----------------
Listening to: Lazy Bone - Best Friend (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lazy+bone/track/best+friend)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Zeta Patchouli
January 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I, personally, should start taking better care of my personal hygene. But oddly enough, my hair never needs to be combed, ever. And people ask that a lot.

Reminiscing
January 31st, 2009, 02:16 AM
Well I need my personal hygiene but I'm not so care for myself but I don't really like to be SO DIRTY! and comb my hair.

Dukey
January 31st, 2009, 02:23 AM
I don't look like looking like a complete dag. I try to wear some good clean clothes.
I usually get pretty awesome bed head, so I sometimes leave it as is.
I always wash my hair if it looks terrible.
I guess it matters a fair bit too me. And I'm not exactly gonna go off my nut at some kid for wearing clothes from K-Mart XD.
Anyway. Yeah it does.

kingofjokers
January 31st, 2009, 01:52 PM
dont care aslong as it makes me happy:disappoin

Savage
January 31st, 2009, 03:55 PM
The appearance of others matters nothing to me.
Only the appearance of myself, due to lack of self-confidence.

Anti
January 31st, 2009, 04:54 PM
I haven't brushed my hair outside of religious stuff for ~3 years (probably with a few days being exceptions but my memory SUCKS) to give you an idea of how much I care, lol.

Still, I be sure my clothes aren't ripped and stuff like that. I at least like to be clear and cover the basics, if you will. lol

Ezzo!
January 31st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I get everything ready for the next day before I go to sleep, so when I wake up for school at 6 am I get dressed, and brush meh teeth, and my hair looks good when it's a mess, so I don't even bother. xD

Rioku_Zanketa
January 31st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I make sure I look pretty decent usually, but when I'm about to go to a party or the club or something, then yea, Tend to make sure I'm lookin pretty sharp.

Megaera
February 1st, 2009, 06:20 AM
I don't really car much but I only need my personal hygiene.
When I'm going out, I make sure that my looks are good and attractive toough.

Franceschi
February 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
I don't care a lot. Sure I like wearing clean clothes and I do straighten my hair, however I don't wear make-up and if I don't look right, I just deal with it.
I'm not bothered about other people's appearances. If they're comfortable, so am I. d(' ')z

Pearl's Perap
February 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
I normally forget to brush my hair before I leave the house, but that's about it. Every outfit I wear has to be ironed, I don't like looking scruffy. If I'm in the house though, my hair tends to resemble a bird's nest and I tend to laze about in comfy clothes ;D