PDA

View Full Version : If 9/11 Repeated Itself

Mooshykris
January 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Okay, since I've seen a lot of negative comments over the war, and now that Obama is going to begin his term as president, I've decided to make a topic on this.

Okay,

We already know, you guys hate the war. You blame everything that happens on the war in Iraq, ect, ect, ect.

Now, let's bring a new twist in.

Let's say, now, we're in Obama's term, and everything is going nice and peacefully. Until one day, there was another attack. Say another plane attack like 9/11, or a biological attack, or even a nuke. It could be by anyone from anywhere.

Here's the thing, if we were suddenly attacked again, what would you do?

As an original supporter of the War in Iraq, I would go back to war if it was needed. However, what is it that you would do if suddenly we were faced by another attack, whether it be by terrorists, or just another country?

~Mooshykris

Allstories
January 18th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Say another plane attack like 9/11, or a biological attack, or even a nuke. It could be by anyone from anywhere.

It's kind of hard to answer a question like this with such ambiguous circumstances.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 18th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'd find out whether the attackers have any oil, 'cause if they don't, what's the case of war?

True Reign
January 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
War.
Because war solves everybodys problems.

If you go to war though, you have to consider the possiblities of a World War. You never know if your small attack on that country could cause other countries to attack you, which enables England, France, Russia, Austrailia, Canada, and many others to be on high alert or even defend you.

~SilverSoul
January 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM
No war. It'll just prove the point that we need to be here protecting our country instead of looking for nothing out east. Plus we would have more money to solve the problem instead on wasting it on the war.

Haza
January 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I dunno. I think me and my family would do what we could to move to South Africa.

Aphrodite
January 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I'd go to Easter Island and live there forever.

s0nido
January 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I've seen evidence that the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were planned by the military. Watch the movie "911 In Plane Site" to see the evidence. It's quite interesting. But if there was another attack, I wouldn't be sure. I would wait for evidence to prove who was responsible for the attack, then make my decision.

♣Gawain♣
January 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I'll probably volunteer to go to war if necessary. What if it's a nuke war, I'll go to the moon and live there. O.o

matt561
January 19th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I dont know why a superpower like the USA and the UK are actually doing in Iraq what nuclear weapons have they found and what have they actually acheived by doing this?

ErickaVolt
January 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I would join the intelligence team and solve who were responsible for the attacks and not by whining with false theories. :\

matt561: The war was for getting US free oil in Iraq. US is the top oil consumer, you know.

Gold warehouse
January 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't change my opinion because I supported the Iraq invasion from the beggining.

the bitter end.
January 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
My opinion is already that we should keeping troops in Iraq as a security measure. So... no not really.

Yamikarasu
January 19th, 2009, 08:33 AM
As long as it was against the right people, the US might not have any choice to send military power into the country/group that attacked us. Of course, it would need to be AGAINST THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE. And of course, military power is always a last resort, and should only be used as something like a police force.

The thing is, the Iraq war has already killed more people than the number of Americans that were killed in 9/11, and that really doesn't seem right, does it? If we were to be attacked again, we would need to focus our power to a particular group, do everything in our power to dismantle them, and then get out quickly to minimize civilian deaths. We should not just do a vague attack on the entire region, we need to know who we're after before we go in and know where they are. Until then, we'll just sit tight and wonder how we could have such bad security for something like that to happen again.

We can put a man on the moon, but apparently we still can't find and put to justice the people responsible for 9/11?

Kazukii
January 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I voted "Not Sure"
Oh, that'd be terrible if we had a repeat of 9/11 :(

AuraAshley
January 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
well if 9/11 happened again then i guess our country would finally collapse economically

Gumball Watterson
January 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I would support that the US declares was on the attackers.

Then I would move to Mexico and watch us suicide economically.

Then Mexico would become the America Superpower and I live happily ever after.

Well, you can't blame me, I only have a visitor Visa :/.

processr
January 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'd find out whether the attackers have any oil, 'cause if they don't, what's the case of war?

Good ol' American foreign policy! ;D

(Good ol' British policy for following America into whatever wars they wage. -_-)

Karasuma
January 19th, 2009, 09:52 AM
My opinion is already that we should keeping troops in Iraq as a security measure. So... no not really.

Your forgetting the fact that some of us have relatives there and we may want them to come home already...theres no reason for them being there :/

As far as to know whether the mastermind "Osama Bin Laden" is still alive, he may be in fact dead...all those tapes they show are probably a year old.

He does have follower though so if another 9/11 would happen then it deffinetely would affect us economically.

Tater Tot
January 19th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't want War. It would just made things worse. Violence doesn't help anything, unless you do it in a fun way :3

HEAT WAVE
January 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
If another attack such as 9/11 happened, then I'm sure a World war III would part-take soon after.

As for the Iraq war:

First Off. The wepons of mass destruction was probably an excuse to enter Iraq and remove Sadaam Hussein (sp?).

Task 1 Completed.

Task 2: Introduce the democracy that Iraq needed for so so long. Completed, when Iraq held the first elections.

Task 3: Build up Iraq's homeland security. Incomplete.

I never wanted to us go to Iraq, but now that we there we should finish the job. If we were to leave them now, then the terrorist could gain totalian control of Iraq and it would come back and bites us in the butt. So this I support until we are sure that they'll be able to defend themselves.

Went
January 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I would never support a war. Because, who would we attacking? The civilians in a country trying to find Bin-Laden somewhere in the mountains? It hasn't worked in a long time, it won't work just because you get attacked again. You can try to make operations to protect yourself or to try to catch them in countries where their governments will allow you to. But a war for... what exactly?

Michii
January 19th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I'll never support a war no matter who is in it. If my family member is serving, I'll support them, but not what they're in. Everrrr! Even if 9/11 is repeated. As many have stated, war solves nothing and all the stuff about unneeded violence. A repeat of the attacks will just reinforce my opinion that war is terrible. :/

But then again, I cannot speak for something that hasn't happened yet. I don't know how I'll truely react.

/Circa
January 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM
-;4292761']War.
Because war solves everybodys problems.

If you go to war though, you have to consider the possiblities of a World War. You never know if your small attack on that country could cause other countries to attack you, which enables England, France, Russia, Austrailia, Canada, and many others to be on high alert or even defend you.

Take a look at it from this view, when Russia invaded Georgia, the US told them to retreat, their reply was 'we don't listen to people who bomb Belgrade'.

Russia will never help US, they would either become an ally but not help them or take their own side.

------------

I don't believe anyone will attack US, not for the next maybe two years. But considering what they have done, they WILL consider the possibility of using Himler's idea during the Nazi campaign, create a tragedy and invade another country, bringing them money.
Otherwise the US will do something stupid, and another country WILL reply.

TRANSPARANCY
January 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hmm... you do know y 9/11 happened, don't you? Well you do now (I hope).
I'm still not 100% sure if this is correct but I'm not being racist here, in the terrorists religion i think that if one man sacrifices himself by fulfilling a duty of their god... when they die they get sent to heaven where they are treated like kings and on some special day they are sent back down from the heavens to be reborn or some bull like that. Still im not 100% sure on this... please correct me if im wrong.

Okay onto why i posted: I don't know what i would do... I'd be shocked, really, really shocked. It's something that i never think of anyway. Just live life.

spike6958
January 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I don't live in the USA but the UK, i think that the war in Iraq was the right thing, but brought on by the wrong reasons, yes Iraq needed to be stopped before they tried killed us all, (which if given half a chance they would have done) but sometimes i think that Bush went to war just for something to do to fill the time before America got a worthwhile President, and personally i think they do, but Obama is going to have a very hard time cleaning up after Bush and i feel sorry for him to have to take over at such a difficult time.

And my answer is no, my opinion hasn't changed, and unless something major happens while Obama is president, i don't think it will.

Also i think really you should have put 5 options in your Poll:
Yes, i would then be for it
Yes, i would no longer be for it
No, i would still be for it
No, i would still be against it
Not Sure

It would have just made it easier to understand, but w/e.

Avey
January 23rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
I've seen evidence that the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were planned by the military. Watch the movie "911 In Plane Site" to see the evidence. It's quite interesting. But if there was another attack, I wouldn't be sure. I would wait for evidence to prove who was responsible for the attack, then make my decision.

All conspiracies start off as conclusions; then people try to find evidence to back their crazy belief up. 9/11 wasn't an inside job. No matter how hard the American government could try to cover something as big as that, people would still find out. There's no proper evidence to suggest that 9/11 was an inside job; just people saying stuff like, 'I heard explosions before the plane crashed into the tower!' Do you want to know why they say things like that? To get attention; to spread uncertainty; to act like they know what happened. It's horrible to think that people would do that, but it's even more horrible to think that the American government would happily kill nearly four thousand people. The proper story we've been told countless times is the real story, no matter how many people are converted into thinking it's not. And even if it isn't, it's not like anyone is ever going to find out, is it?

If something similar to 9/11 happened, I'd sit and wait to see what happens. While I'm against the idea of war, I'm not going to be able to do anything about it. Besides, America isn't my country and Ireland is forever neutral so nothing could really happen if another war was to break out.

Tokin
January 25th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Answering war with war has brought nothing but problems to the U.S, should your country be attacked in such a way again I'd hope for a more effective approach, a coordinated investigation effort instead of war production, and in case the attackers reveal themselves then again, coordinate with their government and apprehend them with the aid of international law, now if it was an entire country doing this unprovoked, I'm afraid war would be inevitable, but then again, the odds of a country attacking the U.S instead of a terrorist group are nearly impossible.