PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay

pokemon_beauty
January 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I just had a question about how safe the Action Replay is for our games? I have thought about getting one, but I am afraid it will mess up my game, so I am hesitant about getting it :( Has anyone had any bad experiences with AR? What kinds of things do you use it for?

-If this thread belongs elsewhere, or is a duplicate, I apologize!-

Elekish♥
January 18th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I prefer not too use one, because I enjoy playing a game properly, but my neighbour used one and he had to buy a new game, because he's DS and mine wouldn't read the game chip.
So unless you feel like wasting your money, about $50 for the AR, and another $60 on another game, I wouldn't use it.
The safest way to hack a game would be to use an R4, with an inbuilt hacker, though the R4 is illegal.

Honest
January 19th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I just had a question about how safe the Action Replay is for our games? I have thought about getting one, but I am afraid it will mess up my game, so I am hesitant about getting it :( Has anyone had any bad experiences with AR? What kinds of things do you use it for?

That is exactly what i thought would happen. I pledged NEVER to us AR, but i used it on my friend's game, and i think it is pretty harmlees...Just dont save in the Mystery zone.

pokemon_beauty
January 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you :)
From what I understand, people have just told me only to use codes that are legit? I guess?

Is there a list of codes made by Nintendo for different games?

Zet
January 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Nintendo doesn't make codes, hackers do, since an action replay is 3rd party and has nothing to do with each gaming company. The only way it can mess up your data is if you save the game with a certain code you shouldn't have on at the time and save the game and if you want a list of codes, head over to codejunkies.com

Aegis
January 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
Since your asking about how it'll affect games in general, and not just Pokémon games, so it goes to Other Games~

-Moved-

Fenrir Reki
January 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
Well you could get an AR if you would like, but just to let you know it messes up some games. Like, it will slow down the game, or crash the game if you go to a specific place, but it's still useful in a lot of ways and can help you if you really needed to get to a specific place or do a specific thing, get a specific thing, etc.

pokemon_beauty
January 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the information everyone :D
I don't want to risk it, I don't think!

randomspot555
January 22nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Well you could get an AR if you would like, but just to let you know it messes up some games. Like, it will slow down the game, or crash the game if you go to a specific place, but it's still useful in a lot of ways and can help you if you really needed to get to a specific place or do a specific thing, get a specific thing, etc.

AR does not present an inherent risk to any game, nor will it affect it negatively. If you follow what the manual says, it'll be fine.

For example:

Don't put in too many codes at once.
Be wary of codes made by anyone other than the AR developers. Many code websites have their members or staff test it before posting it.
In general, don't be an idiot.
Don't use self-destructive codes. IE don't purposely hack a Poisoned Bad Egg into your party of Pokemon.
Don't be an idiot. When you use the Walk-Through-Walls code, DON'T SAVE THE GAME.

Also, the people who said AR is $50 and a game is $60 are getting ripped off. In the US, D/P MIGHT be $40 and AR is $20.

wolf
January 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
If you go to random sites that you are unsure of, and you take codes from there, then it might make your game crash, which is what happened to me. Though, you can just use a Pokesav program and then it has all the codes you need and it won't destroy your game. Still, I still don't suggest using it as it might be a bit risky, I already cheated on my Diamond, so I promised myself that I would never cheat Platinum. So, again, don't go to any random site from googling it is dangerous, and if you do Pokesav, then don't too many codes at one time. I don't know if it is bad to show you where to get if it is against the rules, but Click Here (http://www.pokesav.org/main/download-pokesav).

Honest
January 22nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Thank you :)
From what I understand, people have just told me only to use codes that are legit? I guess?

Is there a list of codes made by Nintendo for different games?

Action Replay is not sponsered by Nintendo. Hackers make it, so the codes are various, look for them!

dark charmander
January 24th, 2009, 04:28 AM
me and my friend have got 1 and it hasent messed up our games