PDA

View Full Version : Question: Yeah, about the emblems?

Heart's Soul
January 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
What if there were some random emblems that make no sense, like a cookie or something like that? I really don't understand them and I already read about them. Or, what kind of versions are there but the pair for a year and supporter -_-

.inLOVE
January 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
They're just for fun. I don't really know why they exist xD

the bitter end.
January 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Neither do I Tsukasa, neither do I...

Heart's Soul
January 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM
So, noone knows why they exist?

ANARCHit3cht
January 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM
The staff doesn't really want the members to know what every single emblem is, so the let you do the hard work of getting them. I also assure you that they all make since, and all explain how they are obtained(except the XD one -_-)
---
They also exist as a little side thing. It is like a little mini game, a challenge, a test of PokéCommunity loyalty-ness./Other random, fun little things. If you want to know more, then check out the Social group:Project Emblemdex. We are trying to found out about all the emblems. Well yeah. That about wraps things up.

Ninja Caterpie
January 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
The XD one is because you use XD a lot!

:P

But the emblems all make sense. Perfect sense. :\

Gerri Shin
January 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
the emblems are meant for fun, just going around doing your normal thing and just happening to get an emblem for something you did is fun! knowing what all of the emblems are poses not really a challenge at all

Yeah, what the person below me said!

Loki
January 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
They exist because they're fun! :D [/beaten by like, twenty other people]

And there's really no other point to them. xD;

Actually, we haven't given out a list of emblems on purpose. We want to keep the emblems we have available a surprise. So when there are new emblems, if you want to find out what new ones there are, you're going to have to keep your eyes and ears alert to the latest news. ;>

edit: Dang it all you guys, in the time it took for me to write this post, three people jump on the bandwagon and say everything I did. xDDD Ilu~ <3

Heart's Soul
January 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM
XD Really? I just want to know about them so I can get them all. Time to start donating and saying XD a lot. XD Either way, I'll look into that group and, yeah.

Soul Eater
January 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM
As everyone else has said, its all just for fun and the mystery of it is fun as well. However, the staff can't always get to everyone who does something emblem worthy. XD You usually have to have patience and just feel lucky enough that a staff person does see you doing something worth receiving an emblem for. XD

Don't worry, I too want to try and collect as many of them as I can! XD But I do advise that you don't go bugging the staff and saying, "Hey I did this in that topic and i think deserve an emblem for it." Think of it as asking for modship, you ask to be mode and you minimize your chances of modship. You ask for an emblem because you think you deserve it, well its the same.

Although there are a few of them that you can ask for and they are in the official emblem trhead.

Anyway, good luck on getting all of them. :3

ErickaVolt
January 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
So, noone knows why they exist?

As what they say, Emblems exist for fun... They exist to make ordinary members a bit of special who holds them.

Cassino
January 21st, 2009, 07:38 AM
There needs to be an emblem for being arrogant.
I know there isn't one, otherwise I'd have it. :O

If you want to know what some emblems are given for, look around some of the notable members' profiles.

devilicious
January 21st, 2009, 08:31 AM
I want an emblem for being myself. You know I deserve it.

Loki
January 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
I want an emblem for being myself. You know I deserve it.

Let's stay on topic before we talk about what emblems there should or shouldn't be. ;<

Dukey
January 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
There are waaay too many Mod emblems.
Some are random.
I think PC should make emblem staff or something, that hand out emblems.
Instead of the small amount of S-Mod+ Members.

Zet
January 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
theres no point in making another usergroup who's purpose is just to give out emblems, if the staff see a person who has done something to get an emblem they'll get an emblem. Anyway, just read the details of the emblem on someone's profile to figure out how they got it

Noah Ridgewood
January 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
There are waaay too many Mod emblems.
Some are random.
I think PC should make emblem staff or something, that hand out emblems.
Instead of the small amount of S-Mod+ Members.

Um, what? Staff are separated by ranks anyway, so creating a specific emblem per rank seems to be a logical thing to do if you ask me. Whether are not there too many isn't the problem. None of said, waaay too many Mod emblems, are random at all. If you read the descriptions of them you'd know that. Now, I'm sure the selection of the emblem that each moderator has chosen was a random decision (some were, some were not; such as mine). It's really of how they feel about themselves. Which makes sense?

The staff already hands them out. Making another staff just to do that is a waste of rankings when we're already doing a perfectly fine job with handing them out as is. And, to clarify, ALL staff has access to the Mod CP, which is where the emblems are located; so Super Moderators are not the only people who give it out and I'd say about 40 or so members of the community are enough.

I mean, "lol.. I'm emblem staff on PC! :B" --- um, no.

Dukey
January 23rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
Um, what? Staff are separated by ranks anyway, so creating a specific emblem per rank seems to be a logical thing to do if you ask me. Whether are not there too many isn't the problem. None of said, waaay too many Mod emblems, are random at all. If you read the descriptions of them you'd know that. Now, I'm sure the selection of the emblem that each moderator has chosen was a random decision (some were, some were not; such as mine). It's really of how they feel about themselves. Which makes sense?

The staff already hands them out. Making another staff just to do that is a waste of rankings when we're already doing a perfectly fine job with handing them out as is. And, to clarify, ALL staff has access to the Mod CP, which is where the emblems are located; so Super Moderators are not the only people who give it out and I'd say about 40 or so members of the community are enough.

I mean, "lol.. I'm emblem staff on PC! :B" --- um, no.

Oh Mods can give them out? Well then forget about what I said, I assumed it was S-Mods or higher.

Melody
January 23rd, 2009, 04:48 AM
While S-mods like Went seem to be the active 'Emblem fairy' for now, any mod or higher can give an emblem. I got a mod to give me my CS and Veteran Emblem to me before they 'officially' announced the emblem system. :3

devilicious
January 23rd, 2009, 06:49 AM
I think it'd be better if there was an automatic Emblem-giving script for some of them.
I mean, some are rather relative. For instance, I've been here for as long or longer than many members who got the Veteran Emblem, yet I've got nothing, probably because no mod/s-mod/staff has bothered to do it for someone like me. Know what I mean?

Ivysaur
January 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
I think it'd be better if there was an automatic Emblem-giving script for some of them.
I mean, some are rather relative. For instance, I've been here for as long or longer than many members who got the Veteran Emblem, yet I've got nothing, probably because no mod/s-mod/staff has bothered to do it for someone like me. Know what I mean?

That's why you post in this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163175) asking for the verteran/supporter emblems, because there are so many people who qualify we can't be bothered checking the whole members list to give one to each person :x

devilicious
January 23rd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Oh, that makes sense.

My issue with relativity is still up, though.

Soul Eater
January 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM

That's what I was talking to Erica about! I can't remember what she said but I know that it would make it easier on the staff. They don't have to miss those that might actually deserve an emblem. Maybe in the next few updates, they'll do that. XD

Melody
January 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Maybe. As far as giving out the supporter and veteran emblem. But other emblems have to be awarded by the mods. I dont see any other emblems being automatically given other than the Supporter and the Veteran emblem.

Heart's Soul
January 23rd, 2009, 07:51 AM
Seriously, I think that there aren't enough random emblems. XD

Yeah, we need more of that, for like HotY, Fanfic completed, reached a certain amount of posts, etc. Yeah, too many mod emblems.

Melody
January 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Meh. I'm sure the staff have tons of emblems the users can earn all laid out in the staff lounge for all the members of staff to know about. But sitting here and whining about the emblems isnt going to earn you any good ones.